Unneeded things in pokemon!

IV's have been in the game since gen 1.

The current EV system as well as natures have only been in since gen 3.

If either were to go, it would be the one that had not been a part of the game since the beginning.
lol what's your point? i'm not saying it's gonna go. it probably won't. i just find it ridiculous.

anyway, mewtwo has been without a new forme since gen 1. if anything were to change, it would be something that had not been part of the game since the beginning.

There is more customization available when IVs are included. This makes every pokemon different, no matter if they are from the same species or not, which would fit in with your absolutely ridiculous ideals about moral driven pokemon play.

And get over yourself, pokemon is a video game. why would apply ethics to a video game? You can't bond with your game cart.
obviously not, as most people who battle will, again, have their perfect pokemon. there'd also be even more customisation if there was a third system that determined the power of all of its moves/the accuracy of them/etc that was attributed to that particular pokemon, but i don't see you fighting for that. it's useless and totally unnecessary, which is what the thread is about.

i find your clinging to the ideal that every pokemon be totally unique ridiculous, as i have already stated that there are tons of variables that will still make the casual crowd's pokemon largely unique, while at the same time being able to get something similar to an rng'd pokemon that a more savvy friend got that would be almost impossible to get during normal play if they don't know about the abuse of the game's inner mechanics. they would not win in a matchup with another player with such pokemon unless the other was

a) a poor player
b) had a poor team
c) had a team drastically weak to the non-rng'd trainer's pokemon, which has to do with b
d) the non rng'd person is using a team of ubers

wanna bet? ask a lot of people, and they sure as hell will tell you that they have bonded with their teams. i know for a fact that i did actually cry when my soulsilver stopped working, and i'm sure i'm not alone. take up the cries of those who played the first two gens and seeing the message that the battery is no longer working.

the costumes worn by team galactic and team plasma in black/white. seriously those things look ridiculous and can only serve to hinder movement

the costumes worn by team galactic and team plasma in black/white. seriously those things look ridiculous and can only serve to hinder movement
LOL VERY TRUE. team plasma in particular; all of dem dresses.

what's your favourite team outfit overall? gotta say i like the rocket ones.

Houen Courtneys outfit was cute and practical, it blocked out the soot from Fallabor was short enough to stay cool in Lavaridge and unlike Galactic or b1w1 team plasma (b2w2 was significantly better) she actually looked good

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
LOL VERY TRUE. team plasma in particular; all of dem dresses.

what's your favourite team outfit overall? gotta say i like the rocket ones.
I really like the Team Galactic ones...they are the best, in my opinion. Although Team Rocket is a close second.

Useless -

Most bug pokes, particularily Burmee and Combee. I know that bug pokes are generally balanced for the early game and quick evos but still... Combee male has got to be the worst pokemon idea ever.

Most abilities are fluff or very niche.

=====================

I think the point about IVs is that in standard play they provide uniqueness and that there is enough in game support (in the more recent gens particularly) that allow legitimate ways to breed (and know) IVs for competitive play.

I also think that you guys need to come to terms with the fact that perfect IVs will probably be impossible to exploit in the coming 3ds games as we will lack the needed ROM code. In the end you guys just need to accept that you wont be able to get 100% perfect pokes, and frankly you shouldn't need to.

In speed battles sure competitive Pokemon will probably mandate a 31 speed IV and you would need to work something out. Also it wouldn't matter too much when everyone else can't hack their own perfect mon in anyways.

wanna bet? ask a lot of people, and they sure as hell will tell you that they have bonded with their teams. i know for a fact that i did actually cry when my soulsilver stopped working, and i'm sure i'm not alone. take up the cries of those who played the first two gens and seeing the message that the battery is no longer working.
Ok
lol you obviously aren't getting the point

Ok
lol you obviously aren't getting the point
please, enlighten me. also i love how you ignore the rest of the post lol

I also think that you guys need to come to terms with the fact that perfect IVs will probably be impossible to exploit in the coming 3ds games as we will lack the needed ROM code. In the end you guys just need to accept that you wont be able to get 100% perfect pokes, and frankly you shouldn't need to.

In speed battles sure competitive Pokemon will probably mandate a 31 speed IV and you would need to work something out. Also it wouldn't matter too much when everyone else can't hack their own perfect mon in anyways.
it tends to be quite important, actually, and not just in speed. one point truly can make all of the difference in a battle.

they'll probably find some way around it, even if it is using the 3ds edition of an action replay to get a code and mess with the game. the games aren't out yet, either, so we don't know if they'll still use a predictable mathematical equation or if it will be randomised.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Chimecho is so bad. When I was younger I didn't know what it was so I thought it was hella good, so I used it and wow, it was crappy.

IV's have been in the game since gen 1.

The current EV system as well as natures have only been in since gen 3.

If either were to go, it would be the one that had not been a part of the game since the beginning.
since when is this the "i don't want this feature in pokemon" thread

canno

formerly The Reptile
I would argue that most baby pokemon are unnecessary (The only exception I can think of atm are Azurill giving people access to the Marill family early in BW2, and Tyrogue connecting the Hitmon's as an actual "family". )

Don't forget that IVs were implemented when there weren't natures to differentiate pokemon of the same species. If there were no IVs or EVs in the first two gens, every pokemon of the same species would be identical, which would suck.

I would argue that most baby pokemon are unnecessary (The only exception I can think of atm are Azurill giving people access to the Marill family early in BW2, and Tyrogue connecting the Hitmon's as an actual "family". )
Actually, you just disproved yourself with the Azumarill example. Several baby Pokemon show up relatively early, especially in the 4th and 5th gen games. It's exactly for that reason: to give you earlier access to a Pokemon. Budew shows up very early, and Mime Jr. And Bonsly both show up relatively early in Gen4, and Gen 5 has Azurill very early and Magby/Elekid relatively early.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Actually, you just disproved yourself with the Azumarill example. Several baby Pokemon show up relatively early, especially in the 4th and 5th gen games. It's exactly for that reason: to give you earlier access to a Pokemon. Budew shows up very early, and Mime Jr. And Bonsly both show up relatively early in Gen4, and Gen 5 has Azurill very early and Magby/Elekid relatively early.
You forgot about Riolu, he is in Floccessy ranch along with Azurill.

Mantyke is also the only way to get mantine in DPPt. While they may as well have just put mantine in the water, it IS worth noting.

Chingling, another baby pokemon, is your access to chimecho early in DPPt, before the second gym over in Mt. Coronet. On that note, I like chimecho a lot. Remember that pokemon isn't just competitive, certainly not here in the islands, so looking at things like designs are the main thing we do here, and chimecho has a pretty awesome design.

Most bug pokes, particularily Burmee and Combee. I know that bug pokes are generally balanced for the early game and quick evos but still... Combee male has got to be the worst pokemon idea ever.
Seriously? I had one in my party for much of the White 2 postgame. The thing gets Sweet Scent! By level up! At about the level you catch it!

canno

formerly The Reptile
You forgot about Riolu, he is in Floccessy ranch along with Azurill.
Didn't realize that Riolu counted as a baby pokemon, I always though it was a stage 1 pokemon lol. Guess I was wrong :u

And oh, completely forgot about 4th gen and it's wave of babies. I guess I'll take back my comment about baby pokemon then (some of them are still useless though, at least imo. Most of the ones introduced in Gen 2 tbh i.e. Igglybuff and Cleffa)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)