VGC 2013 Regional Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. So, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but as long as I have a pokemon with IVs at ~20 or above it should be fine for the tournament?

I just don't know how long or hard it would take for someone who's never done it before.

Interesting. So, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but as long as I have a pokemon with IVs at ~20 or above it should be fine for the tournament?

I just don't know how long or hard it would take for someone who's never done it before.
Questions like these should go in the simple questions thread located at the top of the forum.
But yes, you should be fine with IVs like that. R Inanimate won the Salem, OR regional without RNG'd pokemon.

Like I said before - IVs are good but having proper EV placement, proper nature, and a good move pool are much more important.

Is this for those Wi-Fi tounaments, or the in-person ones? Sorry if this is a dumb question.:heart:

I don't understand the banned pokemon list. So, semi-legends (like Heatran) are allowed?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is this for those Wi-Fi tounaments, or the in-person ones? Sorry if this is a dumb question.:heart:

I don't understand the banned pokemon list. So, semi-legends (like Heatran) are allowed?
It's primarily for the in-person events, though many of the Wi-Fi tournaments use the same rule set. Some like the upcoming Spring Friendly have different rules though, so make sure you read the rules for each individual tournament on the Global Link web site.

Everything that's isn't specifically listed as not allowed can be used. Essentially, the banlist is limited to BST 660+ legendaries (except Regigigas because of its ability), event-only legendaries, and Chatot (presumably because they don't want people using its custom cry to shout obscenities at their opponent or anything like that).

It's primarily for the in-person events, though many of the Wi-Fi tournaments use the same rule set. Some like the upcoming Spring Friendly have different rules though, so make sure you read the rules for each individual tournament on the Global Link web site.

Everything that's isn't specifically listed as not allowed can be used. Essentially, the banlist is limited to BST 660+ legendaries (except Regigigas because of its ability), event-only legendaries, and Chatot (presumably because they don't want people using its custom cry to shout obscenities at their opponent or anything like that).
So, if I understand: Double Battle, no Wonder Launcher, no Legends (except Regigigas with Slow Start) 4 Pokemon per battle.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, if I understand: Double Battle, no Wonder Launcher, no Legends (except Regigigas with Slow Start) 4 Pokemon per battle.
The weaker legendaries (basically everything that isn't event-only, a version mascot, or Mewtwo) are allowed, but otherwise that's right. It's exactly the same rules as Random Matchup double battles aside from a few minor differences like the time limit, so if you want to get a feel for how it all works then I would suggest practicing there.

The weaker legendaries (basically everything that isn't event-only, a version mascot, or Mewtwo) are allowed, but otherwise that's right. It's exactly the same rules as Random Matchup double battles aside from a few minor differences like the time limit, so if you want to get a feel for how it all works then I would suggest practicing there.
So Legends allowed are: Regi legends, Deoxys (?), Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Heatran, Cressilia, Latios, Latias?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So Legends allowed are: Regi legends, Deoxys (?), Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Heatran, Cressilia, Latios, Latias?
No. The Pokémon on the following list are all banned:

VG Modified Ruleset said:
The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
150 – Mewtwo
151 – Mew
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
251 – Celebi
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
385 – Jirachi
386 – Deoxys
441 – Chatot
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina
489 – Phione
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin
493 – Arceus
494 – Victini
643 – Reshiram
644 – Zekrom
646 – Kyurem
647 – Keldeo
648 – Meloetta
649 – Genesect
Everything else is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)