Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

For one thanks for the warm welcome guys and second thanks for all the info ive been experimenting with various builds but that suicine.......... well lets just say ive given up on that one after many many frustrating hours. hopefully x & y brings back the subway or something along the lines of it. btw ive made it to battle 24 not much to brag about but its progress :)
Its progress. We've all been through it, you don't make it to battle 49 without more than a few failures.

Hey guy it's been a while that I've post something. After a lot of school stuff I've a little bit time to make a new team. Actually it's a double team for the Battle Subway and I wanted to aks if you've a few tipps for this team:

Nature & Item: Calm/Bold - FocusSash
Ev's: 252 Defense & 252 Sp.Defense & 6 Speed
Moves: Tailwind, FakeTears, HelpingHand, Encore

Typhlosion ** FireFlash
Nature & Item: Modest - FireGem
Iv's: 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 30
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
Stats(Lv.50): 154 - 93 - 98 - 177 - 105 - 151
Moves: Eruption, Flamethrower, HP Ice, Protect

Blastoise ** AquantosV3
Nature & Item: Timid - ChoiceSpecs
Iv's: 30 - 31 - 31 - 30 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Speed & 248 HP & 6 HP & 4 Sp.Defense
Stats(Lv.50): 155 - 92 - 120 - 136 - 125 - 143
Moves: WaterSpout, Scald, IceBeam, HP Grass

Cresselia ** MoonCheese
Nature & Item: Calm - LumBerry
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 244 Defense & 228 HP & 28 Sp.Defense & 4 Speed & 4 Sp.Attack
Stats(Lv.50): 224 - 74 - 171 - 96 - 169 - 106
Moves: ChargeBeam, IcyWind, Rest, Protect/Psychshock

Simple Tailwind team. I was very fascinated from Jumpan and Eppie with their long streaks so I thought to make a Tailwind team too. I won't use SunnyDay mostly against Hail teams (SnowCloak). Cresselia is just a filler with a cool ChargeBeam and Psychshock set which means it will hit harder after a lot of ChargeBeam boosts (Pikiywns Cresselia). Blastoise is there because it's just awesome. Still using ChoiceSpecs here because I hadn't much time and I was too lazy like often to breed another with Modest nature. I won't use SunnyDay often since it lowers the strengh of Water attacks. Timid nature to outspeed pokes like Dragonite after Tailwind isn't active anymore. If you have a few tipps it would be grateful to help me a little bit :). Have to breed a Whimsicott in the following days ....

Hey, long-time lurker here just here to display/ get suggestions on a team I've been going on a decent streak with in doubles, currently 70 as I want to see some people's opinions on it before I challenge any further.

This is a pretty standard trick room team:​

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
252 hp, 252 spa, 4 def
0 speed IVs​

Psychic
Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast​

Reuniclus is the most important member on the team, it sets up trick room and hits extremely hard with life orb boosted attacks. Trick Room is self-explanatory, while Psychic is for STAB and Shadow Ball is for coverage. Focus Blast is the least used move and is only used in extremely dire circumstances due its awful accuracy.​

Hariyama (M) @ Flame Orb
Brave Nature
252 atk, 124 def, 132 spdef
0 speed IVs​

Fake Out
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Rock Slide​

Hariyama is my other lead and is primarily used to fake out the most dangerous member of the opposing team to ensure Reuniclus can safely set up trick room. Once trick room is set up, he essentially spams guts-boosted close combats, which provide excellent coverage along Reuniclus' psychic and shadow ball. Ice punch is for dragons and rock slide is for Volcarona/Moltres/Yanmega etc.​

Escavalier (M) @ Bug Gem
Brave Nature
252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spdef
0 speed IVs​

Megahorn
Iron Head
Double-Edge
Protect​

Escavalier is here to switch in on dark, ghost, and bug moves for Reuniclus and psychic moves for Hariyama. His gem-boosted megahorns are key for taking out stuff like Metagross or Cresselia, but beware of it's accuracy, as it tends to miss rougly 30% of the time. He is also a key player against hail teams, usually being able to OHKO every single common pokemon on them. He is also extremely useful for baiting fire moves from pokemon, usually letting its teammate kill them scot-free.​

Hydreigon (M) @ Dragon Gem
Modest Nature
252 spa, 252 spe, 4 hp​

Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Protect​

Despite rarely ever being used in battle, Hydreigon is extremely key to this team's success. In the event that trick room does not get set up due to an untimely critical hit or a an OHKO move from that damn Walrein, Hydreigon's job is to essentially come in and nuke something with draco meteor so I can turn the match around. He also draws attacks like none other, letting him protect to easily sponge attacks for teammates or bait dragon attacks for Escavalier to switch into. The only other time he will come out is after trick room has ended and clean up whatever survived. Modest gem-boosted draco meteor is essentially an OHKO on anything not steel. He is also my only defense against lead Chandelures. Although it might seem odd to run such a fast pokemon on a trick room team, he is indispensable to the team.​

In the vast majority of matches, it is as easy as setting up trick room and watching Reuniclus and Hariyama destroy everything. In the event that Reuniclus goes down/ trick room doesn't get set up, Hydreigon is usually has to come in and very careful play is required. This team has no guaranteed losing matchups but struggles with a couple specific pokemon, most notably that Gengar with the 100% accurate hypnosis and the OHKO move spamming Walrein. It also struggles with opposing fake out users, as Reuniclus must often switch out and come in later in the match.​

This team has brought me a great degree of success in Super Doubles subway and I'm curious as to what anyone thinks of it/ would suggest for it.​

Escavalier (M) @ Bug Gem
Brave Nature
252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spdef
0 speed IVs​

X - Scissor
Iron Head
Double-Edge
Protect
X -Scissor because like you've said with the 30% chance of missing with MegaHorn. Moreover BugGemSTABboostet X - Scissor does 68% min. against max HP & Defense Cresselia which means that Reuniclus can easy finish it with ShadowBall.

He is also my only defense against lead Chandelures.

A Snorlax with ThickFat could help you. Heatran is a good counter as well against it. Sets could be:

Nature & Item: Brave - LifeOrb/NormalGem
Ev's: 252 Attack & 160 Defense & 98 HP
Moves: DoubleEdge, RockSlide/Crunch, SeedBomb, Selfdestruct/FirePunch

Nature & Item: Quiet - FireGem/FocusSash
Iv's: 30 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 30 (HP Grass)
31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 30 (HP Electric)
Ev's: 252 HP & 252 Sp.Attack & 4 Defense
Moves: Eruption/HeatWave, FlashCannon, Earthpower, HP Grass/HP Electric

You can play with Explosion instead of FlashCannon too but with a other Ev - spread logically

X -Scissor because like you've said with the 30% chance of missing with MegaHorn. Moreover BugGemSTABboostet X - Scissor does 68% min. against max HP & Defense Cresselia which means that Reuniclus can easy finish it with ShadowBall.
Thanks a for the response! The main change I will make is the transition from megahorn to x-scissor given its tendency to miss at very inappropriate times. I am wary about the substantial decrease in power though, as I often use bug gem megahorns to OHKO basically anything that doesnt resist them (generally threatening things like snorlax or metagross), not necessarily just psychic types.

As for fitting either heatran or snorlax on the team, I doubt either of them will function better than hydreigon when it comes to chandelure.

As for fitting either heatran or snorlax on the team, I doubt either of them will function better than hydreigon when it comes to chandelure.
I think that Heatran would be the better poke for this team because,

1st reason: Heatran absorbs all Fire attacks of Chandelure while Hydreigon is taking 47% - 55% damage from Overheat and furthemore there is the chance that Hydreigon has to take a CH and is problably OHKO'ed by Overheat without doing anything.

2nd reason: Heatran is able to OHKO dangerous pokes which you mentioned like Metagross etc.

3rd reason: HeatWave/Eruption hits both pokes hard and is STAB

4th reason: It has the 4x Bug resistance which would be a problem for Reuniclus AND Hydreigon

To put in a nutshell... Heatran has a lot of potential but of course has a few weaknesses but if you think Hydreigon is still better for the team in your opinion then use it. Maybe getting a Heatran with Eruption isn't easy but with that link you could "download" and get it easily.

I think that Heatran would be the better poke for this team because,

1st reason: Heatran absorbs all Fire attacks of Chandelure while Hydreigon is taking 47% - 55% damage from Overheat and furthemore there is the chance that Hydreigon has to take a CH and is problably OHKO'ed by Overheat without doing anything.

2nd reason: Heatran is able to OHKO dangerous pokes which you mentioned like Metagross etc.

3rd reason: HeatWave/Eruption hits both pokes hard and is STAB

4th reason: It has the 4x Bug resistance which would be a problem for Reuniclus AND Hydreigon

To put in a nutshell... Heatran has a lot of potential but of course has a few weaknesses but if you think Hydreigon is still better for the team in your opinion then use it. Maybe getting a Heatran with Eruption isn't easy but with that link you could "download" and get it easily.
I see what you mean... I'll give it a download and try it out in the pwt to try and get a feel for how it works.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, is there any way to go on a reasonable streak with the ai as your partner in the super multi subway? The most I can get is 28 or so before Rosa decides to bring useless pokemon (physical vanilluxe with giga impact for example) and force us to lose. I'm at a loss for how for how to get to the boss, let alone put together a reasonable streak.

I see what you mean... I'll give it a download and try it out in the pwt to try and get a feel for how it works.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, is there any way to go on a reasonable streak with the ai as your partner in the super multi subway? The most I can get is 28 or so before Rosa decides to bring useless pokemon (physical vanilluxe with giga impact for example) and force us to lose. I'm at a loss for how for how to get to the boss, let alone put together a reasonable streak.

Good luck! Not sure about the Multi line because I haven't played it once. A other option is to transfer a few pokes to a other B/W game because if you've two ds's you could play the Multi line with your own team. If you don't have two ds's I think this team could be a good one since R Inanimate got a winstreak of 90 which is a lot in my opinion. You could easily take the 2nd place because there is just R Inanimates record xD

Good luck! Not sure about the Multi line because I haven't played it once. A other option is to transfer a few pokes to a other B/W game because if you've two ds's you could play the Multi line with your own team. If you don't have two ds's I think this team could be a good one since R Inanimate got a winstreak of 90 which is a lot in my opinion. You could easily take the 2nd place because there is just R Inanimates record xD
Looks like I'll be going with the 2 ds's then, and I can see why he has the only record there. Trying to get a streak above seventy with the ai partner is borderline masochistic. By the way, thanks for all the help. :)

Looks like I'll be going with the 2 ds's then, and I can see why he has the only record there. Trying to get a streak above seventy with the ai partner is borderline masochistic. By the way, thanks for all the help. :)

You're welcome. Maybe you could help me a little bit too. This team needs in my opinion a few changes and I'm struggeling with Cresselia because I'm pretty sure there are other pokes which could replaced Cresselia as well but which are these pokes. What do you think?

Two questions, both for the Battle Hall in HGSS.

1:Do the Pokemon hold any items? So far I haven't seen them hold any but it'd be nice to know if they hold them later on.

2:Do any of them exceed 278 speed? I'm using 3 Porygon-Z's, all with 278 speed(different attack sets obviously), and I'm debating if I need to swap Choice Scarf with Specs sometimes.

Thanks.

Two questions, both for the Battle Hall in HGSS.
1:Do the Pokemon hold any items? So far I haven't seen them hold any but it'd be nice to know if they hold them later on.
2:Do any of them exceed 278 speed?
Yes they do. Look here.

Your second question is a bit difficult because I need the level of your Porygon - Z's. Furthemore the levels of the pokes aren't the as the same as from your Porygon-Z's before fight 170. Maybe pokes like Weavile, Aerodactyl, Starmie, Jolteon could outspeed you

You're welcome. Maybe you could help me a little bit too. This team needs in my opinion a few changes and I'm struggeling with Cresselia because I'm pretty sure there are other pokes which could replaced Cresselia as well but which are these pokes. What do you think?
Since your cresselia is for support mostly, I would put helping hand on it to boost the power of eruption/water spout on your typhlosion/blastoise. Other than that, I'm not too sure of what specific things cresselia is struggling with, so I really can't 100% be sure of what you would want to replace it with or what else you would want to change about it.

Since your cresselia is for support mostly, I would put helping hand on it to boost the power of eruption/water spout on your typhlosion/blastoise. Other than that, I'm not too sure of what specific things cresselia is struggling with, so I really can't 100% be sure of what you would want to replace it with or what else you would want to change about it.
Thanks!

What a coincidence :D I'm also using Cresselia in my doubles team. As of now, I'm still unable to break the 75th mark using this specific team so I'm actually hoping that someone can point out the flaws and ways to improve this team :)

Cresselia @ Lum Berries
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 29 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 HP 252 Def
Moves: IcyWind, Rest, Psychic/Psychshock/Toxic , Helping Hand

The theme of this team is to use Cresselia's Helping to compensate for the power drop of spread moves(Heat Wave and Earthquake) and turn a 2HKO into an OHKO to steam through the opponents and end the match quickly.
I favor Icy Wind over Thunder Wave because it hits both the opponents,slow their speeds by one stage and isn't affected by taunt. Plus it also allows me to cheese through Salamence/Garchomp/Dragonite that tend to double target Garchomp( Icy wind + Protect first turn). As for the nature, Bold is chosen as I realised that Cresselia had more trouble handling Atkers as Bug(Megahorn, X-Scissors) and Dark(Crunch,Sucker Punch) type moves are commonly from the physical spectrum) than SpAtkers. I'm rotating between Psyshock and Psychic because I haven't really played enough matches to see the difference yet but I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. Toxic is also another option because my last streak was lost because I couldn't do anything against a Lapras with rest. Icy Wind did practically nothing and Psychic without a SpAtk+ Nature didn't do enough to end it before it rested to full hp again. Now that I see Jokethe1 and Pikiywns's Cresselia set, I think Charge Beam over one of the moves will help me when I'm left with Cresselia against a bulkier mon.

Garchomp @ Dragon Gem
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin
IV's: 31-31-31-31-31-31
EV's: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Protect

I don't think I need to explain this set much. I use Garchomp as a partner to Cresselia so abuse the Levitate+Helping Hand+STAB Earthquake Combo. As for the item, Dragon Gem is used (mostly as a filler, I'm experimenting with the different items. I am considering Life Orb as it'll help me nab some kos) to power through certain bulkier opponents especially when boosted with Helping hand.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Modest
Ability:Flash Fire
EV's: 252 Spatk 252 Spd
Moves: Heat Wave, Earth Power, HP Ice, Protect

STAB Heat Wave backed up with Helping Hand performs similary to Earthquake and helps me deal with psychic/steel types. HP Ice is used(as a desperate attempt) to deal with the dragon types. Air Balloon is chosen so I can use Heat Wave and Earthquake when paired with Garchomp for at least one turn before I have to resort to Dragon Claw.

Hitmontop @ Fighting Gem
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EV's:252 HP, 252 Atk
Moves: Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Close Combat, Detect
Fake out to stop trick room teams in their tracks, stop faster threats and render them useless for one turn,break sashes/sturdy. Sucker Punch for the Lati Twins. I opted for STAB Close Combat + Fighting Gem cos it nab me the needed OHKO on most opponents (especially when I can back it up with a Helping Hand) instead of the Mach Punch+Technician combo as I'm running Intimidate for the much preferred Attack Drop.

As you can see, I'm having a few problems choosing the items. Plus, I'm still unsure of which moves are more optimum for Cresselia to run. All in all, I'm hoping the awesome people here can help me improve this team and hopefully, be able to get a 3 digit record :) Thank you in advance for your time and much appreciated tips.

p.s If I make any mistakes in spelling/grammar, I do apologise. I'm actually in a rush HAHAHA :P I will continue to add more thoughts and explanation as I look through this post later.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm thinking of training up a sand rush Excadrill for the single line. I'm wondering what the best EV spread would be (assuming sandstorm is always in play). As I'm not familiar with the speed tiers I'm wondering how many EVs I can invest in bulk and still outrun everything, or should I just max speed?

Hitmontop @ Fighting Gem
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EV's:252 HP, 252 Atk
Moves: Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Close Combat, Detect
Yeah ChargeBeam on Cresselia is really useful. Furthemore I see that ChargeBeam is a great move against Gyarados which could be a big danger in my opinion for this team. I think you should use a FocusSash on Hitmontop and maybe MachPunch to OHKO Weavile and other pokes. Maybe Technican as ability would help. BulletPunch for Ice types is a option too.

I'm thinking of training up a sand rush Excadrill for the single line. I'm wondering what the best EV spread would be (assuming sandstorm is always in play). As I'm not familiar with the speed tiers I'm wondering how many EVs I can invest in bulk and still outrun everything, or should I just max speed?
Well the highest speed is Choice Scarf Mantric at 258 speed. So with Sand Rush you need to hit 130 speed on Excadrill. The Ev spread would look like this: Adamant, 252 atk, 172 spd and the rest 84 is spent on bulk.

Depending on the rest of the team I would recomend different sets but some boosting move is needed in order to sweep. Entrainment Durant is the best partner for setting up.
Durant@Choice Scarf
Jolly(252 hp, 18 spDef, 240 spe)
Ability: Truant
-Entrainment
-Superpower
-Rock Slide
-Iron Head

For Excadrill I would recommend a mono attacking set.
Excadrill@Leftovers/Lum Berry
Adamant(60 hp, 252 atk, 172 spe, 24 def)
Ability: Sand Rush
-Substitute
-Protect
-Hone Claws
-Iron Head

Max atk and max needed speed, 60 hp allows you to get maximum Leftovers recovery but you can still make 4 subs if needed, the rest is dumped into defence. Between Leftovers and Lum Berry it depends on what you fear the most, random paralyzes and burns or the need of using sub a lot. Iron Head is your STAB attack and the only thing you need to fear is Heatran.
If you don't like getting hardwalled by Heatran switch Sub and Iron head for Earthquake and Rock Slide and use Lum Berry instead.

I hope this helps =)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That helps alot! I've been trying to stay away from Truant Durant, as I've been experimenting with it a lot and it got a little boring, so I might play around with the moveset a bit but the EV help was real good!

Dammit I just lost on super single due to trash talking to my friend and missclicked TWICE >_> well stupid misstakes happens.
So I lost to Hippowdon, Gigalith and Gastrodon. Hippowdon hade Equake and whirlwind as the imoportant moves. Smeargle got forced away by whirlwind after missclicking Acupressure instead of protect, (thats my first misstake but I could still make a comeback if I did right), so smeargle came back and I looked away and pressed Acupressure instead of protect so smeargle died. >_> (damn how stupid I felt)
Garchomp came in and killed Hippowdon. He sent in his Gigalith, I used Earthquake it survived and used stone edge. Then it had custap berry and used explosion, and Garchomp died, (don't ask me why I didn't switch to durant in order to scout the set). So now Durant couldn't do much vs Gastrodon and died after 2 turns.
That's how I lost after 178 wins. I'm still pritty happy as the team works realy well.

So my team:
Durant@Choice Scarf
Jolly(252 hp, 18 Def, 240 spe)
Ability: Truant
-Entrainment
-Superpower
-Sandstorm
-Protect

Smeargle@Leftovers
Calm(244 hp, 252 def, 12 spdef)
Ability: Moody
-Protect
-Substitute
-Acupressure
-Baton Pass

Garchomp@Lum Berry
Adamant(164 hp, 76 spdef, 252 atk, 16 spe)
Ability: Rough Skin
-Dual Chop
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Crunch

I might retry the team and try to get a better record or try to replace Durant with something else and try it out =3

So instead of using other peoples' teams, I want to make my own. I'm going to make a Subway Singles team on White 2 with this guy:

So far I think Sunny Day / X-Scissor / ? (maybe Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw?) / ? (lol maybe Double Team) @ Focus Sash. I could Baton pass +6 Atk to him, that's the only use I see with a Pokemon that can only be hit by certain attacks. I'd appreciate advice on teammates or any other ideas on how to use him.

NO TRUANT DURANT! I'm not using that thing, it takes all the fun out of the Subway.

Alright. I just wanted to make a short update. My SoulSilver run ended after 206 wins but I turned the Ds off.... my Diamond streak is now standing at 210 wins.

Sadly my team failed in Battle 207 against a Gengar which dropped my SpecialDefense and broke my Substitute with a Struggle (didn't calculate the damage). After that I was naked and the trainer sent Lucario in. No chance there to win since it's my most dangerous counter against this team. I was angry and turned the Ds off.... I started another streak which stands on 105 wins right now. Now I'm playing Doubles in SoulSilver with a silly TrickRoom team which I'll post later after I broke my old DoubleRecord or after I've reached 203 wins.

Hope the quality is a little bit better.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
So instead of using other peoples' teams, I want to make my own. I'm going to make a Subway Singles team on White 2 with this guy:

So far I think Sunny Day / X-Scissor / ? (maybe Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw?) / ? (lol maybe Double Team) @ Focus Sash. I could Baton pass +6 Atk to him, that's the only use I see with a Pokemon that can only be hit by certain attacks. I'd appreciate advice on teammates or any other ideas on how to use him.

NO TRUANT DURANT! I'm not using that thing, it takes all the fun out of the Subway.
I always find Zoroark to be a fun lead with Shedinja as it either forces the AI to switch, giving some free set up time, or hitting with a dark / ghost move which Zoro can often take. I had trouble finding a good third teammate but Heatran worked ok, soaking up predicted super effective fire moves, and could often switch back to Sheddy on predicted ground moves. Too bad Zoro doesn't get BP otherwise Shedinja would wreck

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just make sure you have a way to reliably handle sand pokes if you're planning to set up Shedinja sweeps. Both Tyranitar and Hippowdon are quite common in the subway, and a number of pokes use Sandstorm too, which can ruin your day with a 1 HP sweeper.

EDIT: Heh, somehow I managed to completely miss the Sunny Day! Still not a bad idea to be overprepared for Ground/Rock trainer (worker) pokes, since many of them are Sturdy and carry Rock attacks that can break your Sash, and an unpredicted or slower use of Sandstorm will still get you, but Sunny Day leaves you in a much better position. Watch for Frosslass, too, since it can hit you with Ghost attacks, one of its versions carries a Focus Sash, and two of its versions use Hail.

Hm...I think that Heatran would be the best partner. Maybe with a ChoiceScarf and 196 Speed Ev's to outspeed Aerodactyl (201 with Scarf). The last partner should be something bulky too. Maybe Gyarados or something as last filler.

But maybe a other version could be a ShellSmash Batonpass strategy with Smeargle.

As moves I would use SwordDance, X-Scissor, Dig/SunnyDay, SuckerPunch/ShadowSneak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)