The Private Joke

Hello,

Recently, I have begun reading up on the technical aesthetics that make up the Pokemon game on Smogon. I came across this forum incidentally and decided to join. I participate in draw threads on /vp/ and fulfill various requests which I find pertaining to my interests. On occasion, I will be open for Pokemon requests for people on here.

Attached are my most recent fulfilled requests from people on /vp/.

Sketches

Whismiscott & Breloom

Shuppet & Litwick

Cobalion

Garbodor

Finished

Banette & Violin

Thuggish Croagunk

Sand Stream Tyranitar

Cacnea

Featured

holy crud i realllly love that bannete. so much. i can't explain the vibe that im getting from it but it just makes me happy LOL
luv luv luv
welcome to the studio, and i'd love it so much if you could draw me a Cobalion as a request~

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Wow you're really good. What program are you using for these paintings? I like how your stroke lines are very visible in the whimsicott/breloom and the toxicroak almost seems like a chalk/sidewalk drawing, very cool. Could you draw for me a Garbodor? :D
PS the litwick drifblim painting is Genius

holy crud i realllly love that bannete. so much. i can't explain the vibe that im getting from it but it just makes me happy LOL
luv luv luv
welcome to the studio, and i'd love it so much if you could draw me a Cobalion as a request~
Thank you. I'll draw the Cobalion within the next few days.

Wow you're really good. What program are you using for these paintings? I like how your stroke lines are very visible in the whimsicott/breloom and the toxicroak almost seems like a chalk/sidewalk drawing, very cool. Could you draw for me a Garbodor? :D
I am using Paint Tool SAI for these drawings. I have a square brush installed that helps me achieve that chalk/sidewalk effect you're referring to. And sure, I can draw a Garbodor. It'll be done within the next few days.

Ps: It's actually a Litwick and a Shuppet. The requester simply wanted the two doing something together, so I chose flying.

Wow, awesome stuff

big fan of your finished pieces, but your sketches are also pretty cool!

I especially like the poses/expressions on your croagunk and banette, haha. Really appreciate how your painting shows depth and implies texture (e.g. croagunk hoodie).

Hope you'll stick around a while :)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow, incredible work! Absolutely adore your stuff; your command of shadows and colors is very expressive. Keep up the phenomenal work, and I hope to see you around!

Also, I'm the coordinator of art for The Smog. Send me a message if you'd ever be interested in drawing for us and I'll see what I can do.

So much personality and feeling conveyed in those poses! These really brought a smile to my face. :) I hope you'll post more~ Looking forward to seeing you around in the future!

Wow, awesome stuff

big fan of your finished pieces, but your sketches are also pretty cool!

I especially like the poses/expressions on your croagunk and banette, haha. Really appreciate how your painting shows depth and implies texture (e.g. croagunk hoodie).

Hope you'll stick around a while :)
Wow, incredible work! Absolutely adore your stuff; your command of shadows and colors is very expressive. Keep up the phenomenal work, and I hope to see you around!

Also, I'm the coordinator of art for The Smog. Send me a message if you'd ever be interested in drawing for us and I'll see what I can do.
So much personality and feeling conveyed in those poses! These really brought a smile to my face. :) I hope you'll post more~ Looking forward to seeing you around in the future!

Thank you for the kind words. I'll be sure to frequent this forum and participate when I can.

luv luv luv
Here is your Cobalion

Here is your Garbodor. I could not resist making it a reaction image.

I really enjoy your style here! Many of your drawings look a lot like they were done with watercolor (mostly in Banette and Crogunk) and I do enjoy the bold coloring in the sketches. I also find the Garbodor's expression priceless and it goes well with the pose! xD Anyways, I really adore your stuff and if you take requests, can you draw a Hydreigon?

I really enjoy your style here! Many of your drawings look a lot like they were done with watercolor (mostly in Banette and Crogunk) and I do enjoy the bold coloring in the sketches. I also find the Garbodor's expression priceless and it goes well with the pose! xD Anyways, I really adore your stuff and if you take requests, can you draw a Hydreigon?
Thank you for the kind words. I do like Hydreigon immensely, so if I am to draw it it will be a completed piece.

I had forgotten about this community for the longest time. Here is a Tyranitar request I finished yesterday for someone on /vp/.

I had to alter the size the image just now.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm blown away. You did a superb job with the Tyranitar, where such details as its glowing eyes and sand blowing through the wind all adds to the scenery well. Its legs do seem a bit sluggish compared to the size of its body, but it can be disregarded due to how it's made of rock, along with how I fear the image would lose its charm if anything were to be changed. Dose textures, man.

Also a big fan of the Croathug. It works so well with its appearance.

I'm blown away. You did a superb job with the Tyranitar, where such details as its glowing eyes and sand blowing through the wind all adds to the scenery well. Its legs do seem a bit sluggish compared to the size of its body, but it can be disregarded due to how it's made of rock, along with how I fear the image would lose its charm if anything were to be changed. Dose textures, man.

Also a big fan of the Croathug. It works so well with its appearance.
Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

This is not Pokemon related artwork, but I felt like displaying it regardless. This is currently a very loose WIP.

Ypres rules

But seriously, I always think it's a cross between the biggest tease and the most stylish thing ever when painters isolate one tiny section to cram with detail... imo that human portrait is baller and I'd love to see if it turned into anything, haha.

Totally rad pokemon, definitely appreciate your varied stylistic approaches :)

Ypres rules

But seriously, I always think it's a cross between the biggest tease and the most stylish thing ever when painters isolate one tiny section to cram with detail... imo that human portrait is baller and I'd love to see if it turned into anything, haha.

Totally rad pokemon, definitely appreciate your varied stylistic approaches :)
I'm actually taking a break from that portrait for now. What I'm focusing on right now is fan art for something else. It was this cool american comic back in the 90's called The Maxx, and I'm doing fan art of the protagonist. Here's a WIP so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)