Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the japanese site update aaaand

Hey turns out bulbapedia was right & Pangoro probably does have Mold Breaker. I...think, anyway. Third line down is abilities, and the first one is Iron Fist. The second one has most of Mold Breaker's characters except for the last one so idk

Yeah, the second one is Mold Breaker

There's a part of me hoping that nobody finds out how to abuse the RNG or produces an AR-type hacking tool. While it would screw the math of the competitive scene, it would bring back that random element that makes it feel more unpredictable. Maybe you get a really strong 'mon, or maybe not, but there's that element of discovery. We never had those numerical advantages in Gen 1, and it didn't diminish the experience. I'd like to return to that. I have to admit, the barrage of data on IVs and EVs has really taken away a HUGE part of the fun of the experience of playing these games. Lose 'em.
Breeding for the likes of "4 stats at 31's and one 25+" like in the days before RNG abuse is actually significantly easier to do in say B2W2 than it ever was in any older versions.
It would be silly for Game Freak to step back from this, in fact, they might even further ease the process.
So you can expect the stat variety of the pokemon you will face to be minimal.

EDIT: Hey look, I nabbed post 4k

I think the newer generation rivals are much more inferior to the original rivals. Gary became freakin champion and Silver stole a Pokemon. They definition of rivals to Gamefreak is now friends. Rivals are supposed to match your skills or just act cool but newer rivals treat you like friends and not competitors

Hey guys! Megani is back! So... you know how Malamar may have the strongest hypnotic force known to any Pokemon? That seems to hint at high Special Attack.

Also, EVERY Pokemon to ever get Hammer Arm was slow/sluggish/low Speed and very powerful. Hey Rhyperior and Swampert! Anywho, I'm also thinking that Pangoro will follow the Hammer Arm line. I believe that Pancham and Inkay will be counterparts, mostly due to their typing.

There. Go ahead and fight.

Hey guys! Megani is back! So... you know how Malamar may have the strongest hypnotic force known to any Pokemon? That seems to hint at high Special Attack.
Golurk's White Pokedex description: "It flies across the sky at Mach speeds. Removing the seal on its chest makes its internal energy go out of control."....With a base speed of 65.

Don't trust Pokedex entries, but at the same time it wouldn't really hurt if we guessed that, and it was kind of obvious to begin with.

Also, EVERY Pokemon to ever get Hammer Arm was slow/sluggish/low Speed and very powerful. Hey Rhyperior and Swampert! Anywho, I'm also thinking that Pangoro will follow the Hammer Arm line.
Not really. Tonadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Electrabuzz, Miltank and Slaking all learn Hammer Arm and have 100+ base speed...
That said: I still think Pangoro will have low speed and high attack based on its design.

Pangoro I think it could have these stats: Att 120 Def 100 SpA 50 SpD 90 and Sp 60 If Pangoro have stats neat these we've got a bulky trick roomer or even an bulky attacker.

Golurk's White Pokedex description: "It flies across the sky at Mach speeds. Removing the seal on its chest makes its internal energy go out of control."....With a base speed of 65.

Don't trust Pokedex entries, but at the same time it wouldn't really hurt if we guessed that, and it was kind of obvious to begin with.
I was emplying tht being a fully evolved Psychic type, you would have high Sp. Att. Sorry Gallade...

If anyone has looked at Serebii's Pokémon page, the person who drew Oorotta seems to have the skill level of a six-year old.

Not that I could beat that...

Not really. Tonadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Electrabuzz, Miltank and Slaking all learn Hammer Arm and have 100+ base speed...
That said: I still think Pangoro will have low speed and high attack based on its design.
When you put it like that, Pangoro's body type (to me, anyway) looks like a mix between Slaking and Electivire, so it's really dependant on what they value Pangoro's stats at.

If anyone has looked at Serebii's Pokémon page, the person who drew Oorotta seems to have the skill level of a six-year old.

LAWL, the guys that drew those were the webmaster for Pokebeach and his friends. They did this before when they went to the Zoroark movie and saw Victini on screen for a couple of seconds, and the doodle was equally as funny and unhelpful as their current impressions of the "spider-tree". They reported that they ran out of the movie theater with some scribbles that they made in about six seconds to take pictures of their notebooks and threw them online.

EDIT- NMx13, it was confirmed to be a Grass/Ghost ^_^ is A MYSTERY~

Well there are two pictures, second one is pretty good. Not sure if I like new Pokemon or not. Reminds me lot of Cherrymon and Woodmon from Digimon. And the legs from two drawings look just awkward. Bit hard to say because no official art. Typing could be Grass/Dark.

There's a part of me hoping that nobody finds out how to abuse the RNG or produces an AR-type hacking tool. While it would screw the math of the competitive scene, it would bring back that random element that makes it feel more unpredictable. Maybe you get a really strong 'mon, or maybe not, but there's that element of discovery. We never had those numerical advantages in Gen 1, and it didn't diminish the experience. I'd like to return to that. I have to admit, the barrage of data on IVs and EVs has really taken away a HUGE part of the fun of the experience of playing these games. Lose 'em.
I think they add to the fun. There's no depth in anything that's truly 'random.' Skill/prediction based gameplay over random chance any day.

Yeah... my first thought when I saw that was: "I wish I'd seen it." At least then it would have a distinguishable face and non-stick arms.

Oorotto looks pretty big.I think it might be grass/ghost with no evolutions.But it still be an evolution of sudowoodo, which is just rock.
Maybe rock to rock/grass for sudowoodo's evolution or most likely a completely new pokemon(maybe a pseudo legendary?)

Oorotto looks pretty big.I think it might be grass/ghost with no evolutions.But it still be an evolution of sudowoodo, which is just rock.
Maybe rock to rock/grass for sudowoodo's evolution or most likely a completely new pokemon(maybe a pseudo legendary?)
He gives me a huuuuge dragon quest vibe.

The new professor's name is Sycamore, which is pretty weird because (assuming that the rest of the rumors from PokeBeach.com are true)it is the name of the professor who is said to be giving the player the Kanto starters.
Plus serebii.net says that we meet the professor first in Lumios city, which is quite far from our starting town I think. How will we reach lumios city without any pokemon?I thought we had to go through a forest to get to lumios city.If so how will we get through without even getting our starter pokemon?Maybe another professor in or close to our starting town will give us the starters and this professor might be the one mentioned in the rumors about giving us the kanto starters.
I am not 100% sure that this might be true because we can expect anything from GF.Look at how ridiculous the evil team looks like.
PS:Spritzee looks pretty good.Most likely evolves into a fairy/flying flamingo.

The new professor's name is Sycamore, which is pretty weird because (assuming that the rest of the rumors from PokeBeach.com are true)it is the name of the professor who is said to be giving the player the Kanto starters.
Plus serebii.net says that we meet the professor first in Lumios city, which is quite far from our starting town I think. How will we reach lumios city without any pokemon?I thought we had to go through a forest to get to lumios city.If so how will we get through without even getting our starter pokemon?Maybe another professor in or close to our starting town will give us the starters and this professor might be the one mentioned in the rumors about giving us the kanto starters.
I am not 100% sure that this might be true because we can expect anything from GF.Look at how ridiculous the evil team looks like.
PS:Spritzee looks pretty good.Most likely evolves into a fairy/flying flamingo.
or a fairy/flying toucan with a scratch n-sniff style rainbow beak.

Plus serebii.net says that we meet the professor first in Lumios city, which is quite far from our starting town I think. How will we reach lumios city without any pokemon?
You will most likely get your starter Pokemon from Tierno and the Pokedex from Trevor:

You will most likely get your starter Pokemon from Tierno and the Pokedex from Trevor:
That's actually very unlikely. See http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/professor/ where it directly states, "[Profressor Sycamore] entrusts you and your friends with Pokémon." I'll admit, it seems odd since it's also pretty expressly stated you meet the professor in Lumiose City (which seems a fair stretch from Vaniville Town), and also because of this picture:

which may or may not happen near the beginning, but since the other pictures with the rivals are from what appears to be an opening meeting, would be out of place if it weren't. I admittedly can't tell if this is outside of Vaniville, Santalune or Lumiose from the buildings, so make of that what you will.

I vaguely recall a leak (possibly the leak) mentioning something about going to a professor's party and meeting a rival, but since I can't find it (likely because it was thrown in my large mental wastebin full of leaks, titled "shit that's probably fake") I'll ignore it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)