Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

I'll take emma's challenge, considering I haven't battled in over a year.

Queue:
Engineer Pikachu vs. Matezoide (3v3 FE Singles)
Engineer Pikachu vs. ??? (3v3 FE Singles)
Engineer Pikachu vs. ??? (2v2 NFE Singles)
??? vs. ??? (Ref: Aweshucks)

Well, I now have two open slots. Let's use them. I will take one of Aweshucks's challenges, with this arena:

This arena takes place in the distant past known as the late 1990s. As such, many mechanics act like they did back then:

There is no physical-special split.
Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, and Poison moves are Physical Moves
Water, Grass, Fire, Ice, Electric, Psychic, and Dragon moves are Special Moves

Dark, Steel, and Fairy types have not been discovered yet. All Dark, Steel, and Fairy type moves are defaulted to normal, unless a good reason is presented for it to be otherwise. All dual typed Dark, Steel, or Fairy type pokemon lose their Dark, Steel, or Fairy typing. All Single-typed Dark, Steel, or Fiary pokemon become normal type unless a good reason is presented for it to be otherwise.

Special Attack and Special Defense are merged into the Special stat, which is determined by averaging a mon's Special Attack and Special Defense ranks and rounding up. Any moves that would boost/lower Special Attack or Special Defense will boost/lower the special stat.

Poison is super effective against Bug, and Bug is super effective against Poison.

There are no abilities, except for Truant, Slow Start, and Defeatest.

There are no changes to partial trapping moves for obvious balance reasons.

The arena:

The forest, located between the cities of Viridian and Pewter, is home to many bug type pokemon as well as the elusive yet always popular Pikachu. There is an abundance of tall grass and trees.
There is no water source
Seismic activity is allowed

Let us see how well I can do in the past.

2 VS 2 FE Singles
2 Substitutions
5 Chills/2 Recovers
Abilities = NONE
Switch = OK
Items = Training
2 Day DQ

I'll take those terms Ed

And here's the queue it seems I'm the only one reposting...
Engineer Pikachu vs. Matezoide (3v3 FE Singles)
Engineer Pikachu vs. ??? (3v3 FE Singles)
Engineer Pikachu vs. ??? (2v2 NFE Singles)

I shall ref all of Engineer's battles.
QUEUE said:
Engineer Pikachu vs. Matezoide (3v3 FE Singles) Reffed by Akela
Engineer Pikachu vs. ??? (3v3 FE Singles) Reffed by Akela
Engineer Pikachu vs. ??? (2v2 NFE Singles) Reffed by Akela

OPEN CHALLENGE!

3 v 3 (Single/Doubles/Triples... acceptor's choice
1 Subs
5 Chills
2 Recoveries
Items: ALL
Abilities: All
2 Day DQ; 4 Day DQ for Ref
Arena: Fossiloom
Fossiloom said:
Fossil Wall Arena
Deep within the mines of Fossiloom, there is an identification wall of known Pokemon fossils. Curiously, when held, these fossils grant the holder the abilities of the pokemon they are of. Interestingly, if the holder already has that ability, they seem to gain a super-charged version of it. Battlers select and give one of the following Fossil to their pokemon. The Referee then RNGs one ability from the appropriate list. The pokemon then gets the RNG'd ability.
Helix Fossil: Swift Swim, Shell Armor, Weak Armor
Dome Fossil: Swift Swim, Battle Armor, Weak Armor
Old Amber: Pressure, Rock Head, Unnerve
Root Fossil: Storm Drain, Suction Cups
Claw Fossil: Swift Swim, Battle Armor
Skull Fossil: Mold Breaker, Sheer Force
Armor Fossil: Sturdy, Soundproof
Cover Fossil: Swift Swim, Sturdy, Solid Rock
Plume Fossil: Defeatist

Special Ability Combinations:
Battle Armor + Battle Armor (Passive): This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits. The effectiveness of all incoming attacks are reduced by one (1) level.
Defeatist + Defeatist (Trait): The Pokemon tires from prolonged battles easily, and its Attack and Special Attack reduce by one (1) Rank when at or below 50% of its maximum HP. Once Defeatist is active, attacks cost one (1) less energy. If the Pokemon goes back above 50% of its maximum HP in battle, Defeatist's effects will disappear.
Mold Breaker + Mold Breaker (Passive): Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents passive, trigger, and toggle abilities.
Pressure + Pressure (Passive): This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon three (3) more energy to perform. The combination penalty for opposing pokemon's attacks is increased by 0.25.
Rock Head + Rock Head (Passive): This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from all moves.
Shell Armor + Shell Armor (Passive): This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits. The Base Attack Power of all incoming attacks are reduced by three (3).
Sheer Force + Sheer Force (Toggle): No default effect. When toggled, this Pokemon can energize all its attacks with a secondary effect (These are damaging moves that either lower the target's stats, raise the user's stats, or inflict a status condition on the target). The Base Attack Power of every move with a secondary effect increases by three (3), but they will never have their usual secondary effect and the Basic Attack Power of all other Physical and Special moves increases by one (1).
Solid Rock + Solid Rock (Passive): This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by five (5).
Soundproof + Soundproof (Passive): Pokemon with this ability emit their own powerful electrostatic or sound-dampening field, making them immune to sound-based moves other than an ally's or their own Heal Bell. (Known sound moves: Bug Buzz, Chatter, Echoed Voice, Grasswhistle, Growl, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Perish Song, Relic Song, Roar, Round, Screech, Sing, Snarl, Snore, Supersonic, Uproar.). This electrostatic field also increases the Base Attack Power of all the pokemon's own sound-based moves by two (2).
Storm Drain + Storm Drain (Passive): This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round.
Sturdy + Sturdy (Passive): This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by three (3). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by fifteen (15) Base Attack Power.
Suction Cups + Suction Cups (Passive): This Pokemon has sticky suction cups that anchor down to prevent it from being moved or scared away by Roar or Whirlwind. It will hold its ground against Dragon Tail and Vital Throw and will not be forced out in a switch battle. It holds onto its allies in multi-battles, preventing them from being moved as well.
Swift Swim + Swift Swim (Passive): The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, tripling (x3) its Speed and increasing its Accuracy by twenty percent (x1.2) in the rain.
Unnerve + Unnerve (Passive): The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from benefiting from held items. Natural Gift may still be used.
Weak Armor + Weak Armor (Toggle): No default effect. When toggled, the Pokemon loosens its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense by one (1) stage and increasing their Speed by two (2) stages for each hit.
Battle Armor + Shell Armor (Passive): This Pokemon's thick shell armor prevents it from taking critical hits. The probability of secondary effects from all incoming attacks are reduced by half (x0.5).
Battle Armor (Passive): This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Defeatist (Trait): The Pokemon tires from prolonged battles easily, and its Attack and Special Attack reduce by two (2) Ranks when at or below 50% of its maximum HP. Once Defeatist is active, attacks cost two (2) less energy. If the Pokemon goes back above 50% of its maximum HP in battle, Defeatist's effects will disappear.
Mold Breaker (Passive): Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Pressure (Passive): This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.
Rock Head (Passive):[/B] This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Sheer Force (Toggle): No default effect. When toggled, this Pokemon can energize all its attacks with a secondary effect (These are damaging moves that either lower the target's stats, raise the user's stats, or inflict a status condition on the target). The Base Attack Power of every move with a secondary effect increases by two (2), but they will never have their usual secondary effect.
Shell Armor (Passive): This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.
Solid Rock (Passive): This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
Soundproof (Passive): Pokemon with this ability emit their own powerful electrostatic or sound-dampening field, making them immune to sound-based moves other than an ally's or their own Heal Bell. (Known sound moves: Bug Buzz, Chatter, Echoed Voice, Grasswhistle, Growl, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Perish Song, Relic Song, Roar, Round, Screech, Sing, Snarl, Snore, Supersonic, Uproar.)
Storm Drain (Passive): This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.
Sturdy (Passive): This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Suction Cups (Passive): This Pokemon has sticky suction cups that anchor down to prevent it from being moved or scared away by Roar or Whirlwind. It will hold its ground against Dragon Tail and Overhead Throw and will not be forced out in a switch battle.
Swift Swim (Passive): The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Unnerve (Passive): The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.
Weak Armor (Toggle): No default effect. When toggled, the Pokemon loosens its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one (1) stage for each hit.

I have way too many FE mons that I've never bothered to train
So, I'd like to extend an open challenge

FE Weakmons (low amount of moves) anywhere between 1v1 and 9v9 (singles doubles or triples) <- Accepter can decide this stuff
2 Subs
2 recovers/5 chills
Training Items
Any arena
2 Day dq, more for ref if necessary

OPEN CHALLENGE!

3 v 3 (Single/Doubles/Triples... acceptor's choice
1 Subs
5 Chills
2 Recoveries
2 Day DQ; 4 Day DQ for Ref
Arena: Fossiloom
If we can make this NFE (I don't have anything else) I'd love to take it, if not just say so and change the Queue so that you're still available.
Doubles
Switch=OK

Queue:
Engineer Pikachu vs. ??? (3v3 FE Singles) Reffed by Akela
Aweshucks vs ?¿? (?v? FE Singles/Doubles)
Akela vs Ute (3v3 Doubles)

Aweshucks vs ?¿? (?v? FE Singles/Doubles)
Complications vs. IAR (3v3 Singles, Subref)
Complications vs. Cube (1v1, Subref)

Accepting Aweshucks's FE challenge. I think 4v4 doubles sounds lovely, and Pokemon Stadium will be the arena.

Aweshucks vs LupusAter (4v4 FE Singles)

I'll ref akela and Ute, PM me your Pokemon!

doubleposting to challenge Ragnarokalex to a 3v3 triples

2 Subs per Pokemon
5 Chills / Recoveries
1 Day DQ; 2 Day DQ for Ref
ASB Arena

Elevator Music vs. Ragnarokalex (3v3 Triples)

In an effort to help clear the queue and because I really don't feel like reffing it, I'll take back that first one.

Welp, I don't think LockDown's coming back, so I'm requesting a subref for this battle.

Current Line:
Aweshucks vs. LupusAter (4v4 FE Singles)
The Wanderer vs. Incoleo (4v4 Doubles, Subref)

For some reason I feel like reffing something. How about Aweshucks vs. LupusAter?

Queue:
Aweshucks vs. LupusAter (4v4 FE Singles)
The Wanderer vs. Incoleo (4v4 Doubles, Subref)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)