Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuzzle may look cute, but it's quite dangerous! It will do damage while paralyzing the target!
Hm... Interesting. Gamefreak doesn't seem to be implying that the move "may" paralyze the target, implying that there is only a chance to paralyze. The move seems to do damage and have a guaranteed paralyzation chance!

... Cool. If it gets good distribution, Thunder Wave could be left in the dust.

Hm... Interesting. Gamefreak doesn't seem to be implying that the move "may" paralyze the target, implying that there is only a chance to paralyze. The move seems to do damage and have a guaranteed paralyzation chance!

It will probably go to "cute" Pokemon
Somehow I think that Thunder Wave will be around for a long time to come

I doubt it will get good distribution.

Glare is another move that is far better than Thunder Wave. The only pokemon that gets both, Dunsparce, almost always uses Glare because it has 90% accuracy, and can paralyze any pokemon. If more pokemon got glare, I doubt thunder wave would see any use, but glare wasn't given to a lot of pokemon. I doubt that any other moves that will paralyze the target will become widespread.

My guess would be that it is a move with a low BP, probably between 10 and 45, and a high accuracy (90-100%), and a 100% chance of inducing paralysis. From the name of the move, I think the pikaclones will get it, in addition to probably some other dog or cat-like pokemon. However, note that this is just what I think will happen, and I have no hard evidence to back up most of what I put here.

I'm lol'ing so hard at the people who think the Super Training is just a facility atm. Because, as quoted from the official pokemon website (and if you looked at it you'd notice it's on the touch screen with menu options similar to PSS or whatev it's called) "Super Training can be played on the Touch Screen of your Nintendo 3DS system whenever you are not in battle or viewing an event". Meaning you can super train wherever, no facility. You may have to go somewhere or talk to someone to learn how to do it, but the site shows it can be used anywhere.

Just some things I'm wondering about:
* Why haven't the English Pokemon XY site updated us with information about Oorotto, Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol and Mega Mawile?
* Has the entire XY part of CoroCoro been leaked, or is there still more to come?

GameFreak really likes their consistency, so I really doubt they'll do away with traditional EV training altogether. I can see Super Training be like the Pokemon Dojo, as in another way to EV train

What'll most likely happen is that the Gym Leader, after being defeated or helping her with whatever major plot point happens, will show you around the Super Training facility and explain the process to you. One of the people working there will probably load your PokePad (this gen's piece of technology) with a ST "app." Which is probably where the EV viewing interface will come from, too.

From Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/heres-how-pokemon-x-and-ys-new-mega-evolutions-work-1077212815)

For a more casual way to help Pokémon strengthen their base stats, Core Training lets players set up training bags, earned by completing Super-Training Regimens, for Pokémon in their party to use. Pokémon will work on Core Training by themselves, raising their stats on their own. By tapping on the Touch Screen during a Core Training session, players can help their Pokémon increase their base stats, too. Players will be able to see how their Pokémon are doing at their Core Training at any time from the main Super Training screen.
Any more information on this? It seems like a good way to passively EV train. Maybe it'll be connected to StreetPass somehow?

Just some things I'm wondering about:
* Why haven't the English Pokemon XY site updated us with information about Oorotto, Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol and Mega Mawile?
* Has the entire XY part of CoroCoro been leaked, or is there still more to come?
The english website hasn't updated with them because the japanese site hasn't updated with them.
I suspect that once CoroCoro releases for real on Monday, all the sites will update with the other 3 megas, but orotto is really up in the air since it was never even in CoroCoro to begin with.

We have the entire XY portion of CoroCoro. If anything remains in the Pokemon section, it's probably just anime stuff.

In the current legitimate metagame, I think it's fair to say that more than 90% of the pokemon used to battle were edited with some kind of save editor to make a "legitimate" hack. Not many people actually EV train their pokemon from start to finish and then use them in serious competitive battling. Now with Super EV training, people won't be intimidated by the way EV training works to make some legitimate competitive pokemon.

In the current legitimate metagame, I think it's fair to say that more than 90% of the pokemon used to battle were edited with some kind of save editor to make a "legitimate" hack. Not many people actually EV train their pokemon from start to finish and then use them in serious competitive battling. Now with Super EV training, people won't be intimidated by the way EV training works to make some legitimate competitive pokemon.
Well... You would still have to breed for IVs.

The english website hasn't updated with them because the japanese site hasn't updated with them.
I suspect that once CoroCoro releases for real on Monday, all the sites will update with the other 3 megas, but orotto is really up in the air since it was never even in CoroCoro to begin with.
That makes sense, but I thought that Oorotto had been revealed in a official trailer on the japanese 3DS?

Well... You would still have to breed for IVs.
Sigh...I guess will we have customizable IVs with items, probably by generation 9. Until then....let the pokegen/action replay cross-compatible pokemon from BW/BW2 continue to flood Wi-fi with their flawless ivs and shiny coloration. (I'm fine with RNG though...atleast it takes effort to learn it, and its not hacking as you are just changing the DS clock, not the internal game structure)

That makes sense, but I thought that Oorotto had been revealed in a official trailer on the japanese 3DS?
"revealed" is a strong word
it was shown, yes, but not showcased at all. It's why we thought it'd wind up in this month's corocoro but here we are with 6 megas, a gogoat prevo, a rabbit and a pika clone

So, nobody's thought about it yet, but we now have our early bird, pika-clone and (possibly) the new early vermin, Bunnelby.
And to think you were all worried a few months ago that we weren't going to get one/Helioptile was the Pikaclone.

So, I know nobody's thought about it yet, but we now have our early bird, pika-clone and (possibly) the new early vermin, Bunnelby.
And you were all worried a few months ago that we weren't going to get one.
There's nothing showing bunnelby is the early rodent

People thought the same thing about Minccino

There's nothing showing bunnelby is the early rodent

People thought the same thing about Minccino
If memory recalls, there was a leak (that I can't locate...it was somewhere on Pokejungle and I think it was tied in to the list of names that Pokexperto leaked) saying that the new early rodent, Horubii, was a gopher-like creature with some relation to digging.
Forgiving the ears, Bunnelby does look a lot like a gopher, so it may be more than a happy accident revealed by the leaker.

Also, speaking of the leaked list of names, Horubii and Dedenne were both on that list. Where is it...?

1ディアンシーDianshii
2ハリボーグHariboogu
3ゲコガシラGekogashira
4ボルケニオンBorukenion
5デデンネDedenneElectric/Fairy gerbil
6ホルビーHorubiiNormal rabbit
7ニャオニクスNyaonikusuPossibly Espurr or Meowstic
8ブリガロンBurigaron
9ジガルデJigarude
10マフォクシーMafokushii
11フーパFuupa
12ゲッコウガGekkouga
13トリミアンTorimian
14テールナーTeerunaa

Everything else on the list was given some credibility with this recent CoroCoro, I like to believe.

If memory recalls, there was a leak (that I can't locate...it was somewhere on Pokejungle and I think it was tied in to the list of names that Pokexperto leaked) saying that the new early rodent, Horubii, was a gopher-like creature with some relation to digging.
Forgiving the ears, Bunnelby does look a lot like a gopher, so it may be more than a happy accident revealed by the leaker.
Bunnelby

Gopher

even abstracted into a cartoon, there are way more rabit-like things than gopher
primarily the ears
and cheeks
and large hind legs

While we're at it, Pokejungle thought Horubii was a digging bee, not a rabbit or gopher
Also, speaking of the leaked list of names, Horubii and Dedenne were both on that list. Where is it...?

1ディアンシーDianshii
2ハリボーグHariboogu
3ゲコガシラGekogashira
4ボルケニオンBorukenion
5デデンネDedenneElectric/Fairy gerbil
6ホルビーHorubiiNormal rabbit
7ニャオニクスNyaonikusuPossibly Espurr or Meowstic
8ブリガロンBurigaron
9ジガルデJigarude
10マフォクシーMafokushii
11フーパFuupa
12ゲッコウガGekkouga
13トリミアンTorimian
14テールナーTeerunaa

Everything else on the list was given some credibility with this recent CoroCoro, I like to believe.
The list always had credibility

They're trademarked names

You can't really argue large hind legs with that design. it certainly has defined thighs and weighted-looking feet, like a rabbit ought to have, but they aren't exaggerated like every detail on it's head.
And on the topic of the head, it's not uncommon to see a cartoonized gopher

with defined cheeks.

Really, Bunnelby's design relies on rabbit iconography to make it obvious that it's a rabbit/hare. It's similar to Vivillon; there are no species of pink butterflies, nor are there butterflies with angular extrusions on the top pair of wings of any butterfly out there, but we know it's a butterfly by design because butterflies have a very iconic shape. I'm not going to defend the leaker's artistic opinion into XY oblivion, but I will still defend the notion that, since it's got Dig as a prominent part of its design, it's the digging/burrowing early rodent.

Last edited:
I'm not going to defend the leaker's artistic opinion into XY oblivion, but I will still defend the notion that, since it's got Dig as a prominent part of its design, it's the digging/burrowing early rodent.
So this leak was bugging me and sent me into pokejungle's archives

do you mean this one
http://pokejungle.net/2013/07/21/rumours-pokejungle-xy-details/
  • The first route in the game is home to Fletchling and a currently unannounced rodent Pokémon, which is said to live underground and evolves into a Normal/Ground Pokémon
Because the entire rumor is fake

yep, that's...that'd be the one...
S'okay, so the leak was fake. And the gopher bit was me being crazy. There's still no proof against Bunnelby being the early vermin, and the faker may have made a partially accurate guess on one point. There are always cases of people making shot-in-the-dark guesses of what could happen in a game only to see that the designers had that in their plans, so I don't think it's crazy to guess that a rodent who burrows underground can't also conveniently be the early vermin.

Well, there's no reason that Bunnelby won't be the new Normal-type for the starting route. It seems like it fits the bill nicely - two "bad" abilities that are probably decent in-game, and we've had Zigzagoon, which is a raccoon and not a rodent. And while rabbits are technically Lagomorpha, it seems like this may be the starting route rodent (unless they pull a Mincinno on us, boy was I surprised and angry).

Cheek pouches seems like an okay ability. I hope Pachirisu gets it so it can run a gimmicky substitute annoyer set with sitrus berry or something.

We'll for those of you who don't know,the Mega Evolution have been confirmed by souces: 'pokemon.com., serebii.net, and bulipideia (I spelled that wrong don't judge me .-.) But anyways only 3 Pokemon (Lucario, Blazeken, and Mewto) have been confirmed as the following Mega Evolutions...Also nintendo is having a special event that will take place the same day Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will be released. For more info., on that special event go to pokemon.com, and look in the News and events segment!

Bunnelby's evo:

Imagine that fucker with Cheek Pouches.

For real though, going by the color scheme I can see Bunnelby and/or its evolutions being at least part ground. Normal/Ground would be great, and a perfect way to round off my mono-normal Little Cup team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)