Leaks-
News-

Mine:
Forums- Serebii
Competitive- Smogon
Fun- Serebii
Leaks- Pokejungle
News- Serebii

And serebii isn't ugly, I use the Ice version, it is nice.

And you know you are attracted to serebiI:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In that sense, Smogon and Serebii fulfill different roles. Serebii introducing fans to Pokémon discussions, Smogon taking them to the next level. I'm glad both exist, and I'd be sad to see either of them go.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. At this point I use Serebii exclusively for Anime Style Battling (sorry, but Smogon's version of this suuuuuuucks) but they're a great source of news and got me my start on Pokemon forums so I can't complain too much. Even if their design/layout is pretty crappy.

aldaron's surprised me, he hasn't been a complete bitch who's afraid to act normal. i like when people act like legit people ya know. that's so rare on smogon forums sometimes but i bet serebiis even worse, admittedly i haven't used their forums though...i remember that aquamilotic bitch found safe haven there

They know how to learn from the best, kudos to them. Someone still has to talk to them about the visual layout though.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Why bother posting over here when you've obviously decided you like Serebii more?
You wanted to launch a mass, gang cyber fight or something?
Well you look friendly enough not to do that, but if it were from another person people would be thinking in that direction.

Anyway, not a fan of Serebii.
I remember several incidents where newbies verbally attacked me, and several incidents due to the mods not knowing enough.

1. When Lucario first came out, they misread it as Hakario. I saw that and I thought I should try telling them, only to be fired by groups of newbies and self-inspired-bodyguards-for-moderators who were otherwise busy discussing about whether it will be a Hacker. They were like asking who I was to accuse a mod.

2. The other was the Thick Fat mechanism back in Gen 3. In which I pointed out that Thick Fat back then was calculated by doubling special defense, instead of halving the damage. The mod probably didn't know enough maths and locked my thread, saying that I was stupid and that they were mathematically the same. (duh! Has he seen the actual formula?)
And then those "bodyguards" people came out and shouted at me saying stuff like my theory has been proven wrong by a mod so I should shut my stupid mouth up.

I am very sure that the above wouldn't happen here on Smogon.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I've disagreed with a few minor, annoying moderator actions on Smogon, but the forums that I frequented on serebii are nearly unmoderated. I've gotten permabanned, and then unbanned twice because of single posts with no previous infractions and have received a nearly one hundred point infraction for reporting a moderator for clearly breaking the rules. I'm glad this place is run the way it is.

also, shipping lol

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I have never been to Serebii's forums.

I was intrigued.

Please never make me go there again

Back in 08, I went on the Serebii Wi-Fi chat to ask if anyone had information about a possible Darkrai event. As soon as I typed Darkrai in the chat I was perm banned by their bot. Apparently any mention of Arceus, Darkrai or Shaymin resulted in an instant ban. Regarding their forums, I once posted Theorymon's original Giratina-O analysis on their site (this is equivalent to a term paper for those that are not familiar). They told me it was more fitted for Smogon. Coincidentally I was also banned (on both forums) for that through a combination of plagiarism (lol) and pretending to be Steamroll.

Anyways to answer your question: Serebii for their dex and some in-game material, Bulbapedia for locations / general faq, and Smogon for IRC and some competitive. I reckon if Serebii didn't have such a shitty design I would visit it more often, but it's one of those things I'm not willing to give up for an equivalent. I couldn't give two shits if Veekun has a better dex. I've been using Serebii's dex since 2006 and it has never let me down. I see no reason to switch.

OH, also, I once battled an opponent from Serebii where I raped him with Spore / Night Shade / Seismic Toss / Recover Shuckle w/ Magic Guard + Flamethrower Latias w/ Soul Dew + 999 all stats Metapod (Pedopod) with Seed Flare / Sacred Fire / Blizzard / Thunder w/ No Guard. He asked me how it learned Seed Flare and I told him I had it breed with a Shaymin. He believed me.

Last edited:
The serebii forums are horrible, but the dex and non-competitive things are good.
This pretty much sums up the disscussion in this thread.

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Back in 08, I went on the Serebii Wi-Fi chat to ask if anyone had information about a possible Darkrai event. As soon as I typed Darkrai in the chat I was perm banned by their bot. Apparently any mention of Arceus, Darkrai or Shaymin resulted in an instant ban.
Considering it was plastered ALL OVER the pages for the on-site Java chat and in the topic for #spp-wifi, "don't talk about event mons, this channel is for seeking trades and battles only not chatting/questions," that's more your fault for having an inability to read. Wi-Fi was never the place to ask for info, that was #spp (but iirc mentioning the event mons may have gotten you banned there too until it was revealed). It wasn't a perm ban either, most of those scripts were timers and the list was wiped fairly regularly sans people they legitimately hated.

Their scripts and systems were very strict for #spp-wifi but at one time it was very useful for finding mons to trade.. They made it very obvious what you could and couldn't do too. Just read.

The SPPf mods were some of the most biased, ignorant, idiotic and clueless buffoons of all time though. There were some good ones who were fair in all situations but a good chunk of them were raging morons since Serebii refused to remove his staff, ever, even after they had been inactive for 2 years ~_~

Bulba has always been the worst of the Poke communities and will always be the worst cesspool congregation of socially inept fat pedophiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)