Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@Valendale
Take Barney the Buneary (must be male and have run away ability). Barney loves the ladies and hates the guys. So he has to use attract on every female and frustration on every male/genderless mon on the 1st turn of every battle.
To evolve
-barney has to use attract on 35 trainer female mons(repeats with vs seeker allowed), &
-take part in a contest battle(to see how cool u look in a suit)
Gl and hf

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm gonna do a Pokemon Emerald playthrough with 6 Pelipers. Instead of Just doing that, I'd love to have a scramble of six peliper's becuase shenanigans. Would like if the people made the peliper's difficult so that I don't rely on just one or two.
Take a Pelipper named Nostalgia, can never replace any move from the moment it is caught on

I'm gonna do a Pokemon Emerald playthrough with 6 Pelipers. Instead of Just doing that, I'd love to have a scramble of six peliper's becuase shenanigans. Would like if the people made the peliper's difficult so that I don't rely on just one or two.
This sounds interesting, and I'd like to contribute. I'll give you a Wingull named Hipster. This Wingull doesn't want to be mainstream like the other Pelippers and, as such, cannot use any STAB moves apart from Water Gun (and cannot learn Surf or Fly).

If you need more restrictions or if it's too hard, please let me know via PM.

Last edited:
Catch a wingull and name it veeko. Veeko was one of the many wingulls that Briney released when he retired and veeko still is fond of him. When veeko finds out that team aqua stole peeko he rushes to save him so veeko has to solo the aquagrunt in rustboro. Also, he hates how his fellow water types battle for aqua, so he has to solo every watertype teamaqua has. Can only evolve after soloing 50 teamaqua watertypes. No movepool restrictions. Glhf

Ok, because you aren't specifying that you have a HM Slave, I give you Multi the Wingull. Multi loves using moves of different types, so he must:
  • Have 1 HM move
  • Have one level up move
  • Have one TM move
  • Have one status move (can be a level up move or tm move, in this case do one of the other level up/tm moves for him/her
GL;HF

Edit: Also, for the umpteenth time, I need two more mons for my scramble challenge, and the HG one needs to be the starter. See the link in my signature :)

Edit: Also, for the umpteenth time, I need two more mons for my scramble challenge, and the HG one needs to be the starter. See the link in my signature :)
Is it the cross scramble that u need mons for? Also will a dratini work? If yes then take variety the dratini. Variety actually came from mt.coronet where it got tired at the dullness and left. Variety cant use the same move twice in a row and it will refuse to battle the same pokemon twice in a row. Variety also refuses to battle in consecutive gyms in one region. Glhf

Platinum Scramble Update #1

Started my Platinum Scramble today! Woo! I was asked the routine questions at the start. I AM A BOY THANK YOU VERY MUCH PROFESSOR ROWAN. Named Rival Barry, cuz I'm not good with names. Intro cutscenes and tutorials blarrgh... Got Metal the Piplup... Aaaaaand she's a girl. Wasn't expecting that. Lost to Barry's Turtwig; I HATE WITHDRAWAL. Dawn took pity on me and gave me the balls to start my adventure with. Getting my balls handed to me by a woman. Great. Went to Jubilife City and met The Doctor Looker and met a BUNCH OF SCARY CLOWNS who gave me a watch. I bet it has a tracking device in it. Went to Route 204 and caught Soldier the Zubat and Syphon the Budew. Suddenly Route 204 isn't good for grinding anymore, so we start for Oreburgh City. Soldier's taking a lot of time to level up with Leech Life as his only move. Syphon, on the other hand, is levelling up like a champ. She's gonna be on par with Metal at any time now.

Off to Oreburgh City!

Current Team:

Metal the Piplup(F) Lv 11
Calm~Torrent
~Must always use a Steel-Type move at the start of battle when he learns one
~After the steel move, must use a water move
~Must solo Gardenia
~Must solo everything from Maylene to Crasher Wake (Maylene, Rival, 5 trainer pokemon and 3 wild pokemon)
~During the Maylene-Wake session, I can only use 5 items and have 3 trips to the pokemon center
Predicted Final Moveset: Flash Cannon, Surf, Drill Peck, Ice Beam

Soldier the Zubat(M) Lv 8
Bashful~Inner Focus
~Must have three "weapons' plus a fourth to be replaced with Fly
~Unless specified, cannot use any move more than 4x in a row
Leech Life(Cannot be used more than 3x in a row)
Air Slash
Sludge Bomb
Air Cutter
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam(Can be used infinite times in a row)(Prolly not gonna use this)
Substitute

Astonish(No more than 6x)
Bite(No more than 3x)
Dark Pulse(No more than 4x)
Swagger(Only after dealing direct damage)
Protect(^^)
Double Team(^^)
Roost
Giga Impact(Can only be used after Fly)

Wing Attack
Return/Frustrasion(After using this, Soldier can't be healed unless he uses another move)
U-Turn(^^)
Aerial Ace
Giga Drain(After using this move, Soldier must keep using it until he or his opponent faints)
Poison Fang
Cross Poison

Screech
Supersonic
Confuse Ray
Mean Look
Haze
Toxic
Sunny Day
Taunt
Rain Dance
Facade
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief
Steel Wing
Snatch
Endure
Payback
Captivate
X-Scissor
Sleep Talk
Pluck
Natural Gift
Defog

Predicted Final Moveset: Sludge Bomb/Air Cutter, Dark Pulse/Double Team, Giga Drain, Fly

Syphon the Budew(F) Lv 10
Sassy~Poison Point
~No Healing Items
~Can only use Absorb, Mega Drain, or Giga Drain, or Poison Sting as attacking moves
~Must have Leech Seed, one of the Draining moves above, and a move that induces poison in its movepool at all times
~Must solo Byron
Predicted Final Moveset: Leech Seed, Toxic, Giga Drain, Mega Drain

Im sorry if i sound like a nag but can SOMEBODY give me some scramblemons for my medium platimum scramble. I just need a turtwig and 2 other mons.
What i have:
A bronzor
A togepi
A rotom
Since this is my 1st challange i'll accept pokémon even from people who have given one already.

@EJ190

You get Groovy the Turtwig. Groovy is a cool cat who wishes to show off to the world in style. It'll only use Cool moves once he gets his first and only by level-up, Razor Leaf.
It'll also only don the BlackGlasses, King's Rock, Life Orb, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, Smoke Ball, Wide Lens, or Zoom Lens, because he's all chill like that. If you have the move Natural Gift, a pretty sweet move, it'll also hold any berry. Additionally, if you can beat the Great Rank for Cool contests, Groovy will be so moved that he'll let you teach it a Tough move (which you can replace with a different Tough move, even if you accidentally learn something over that single Tough move; you may have one Tough move from that point at any given time)
Groovy knows that it's being difficult enough to you, its trainer, with these restrictions, so it thinks any other decisions you've got for it is tubular.

@EJ190 (tagging in case you didn't notice) Sorry for the lateness btw, unexpected things came up.

Last edited:
Is it the cross scramble that u need mons for? Also will a dratini work? If yes then take variety the dratini. Variety actually came from mt.coronet where it got tired at the dullness and left. Variety cant use the same move twice in a row and it will refuse to battle the same pokemon twice in a row. Variety also refuses to battle in consecutive gyms in one region. Glhf
I presume this is from HG Game Corner in Goldenrod. Also, I accept this!

Ok, I'm confused, since you have a Totodile already... what exactly do you need?
Oops, error on my part, I already have my starters. Well Pt need one more, and id like it to be a fire type. I don't really mind

Yes its from the game corner. My bad.

Ok. Ive decided to keep just 5 mons in my scramble with the last being an hmslave bibarel(wont use). So aside from turtwig(which has been reserved), I just need 1 more mon please.

Oops, error on my part, I already have my starters. Well Pt need one more, and id like it to be a fire type. I don't really mind

@powergo1 You get Vice Versa, the Houndour. Whilst with it's original trainer, Houndour is determined to show that not all houndours are as devilish as they seem, and thus will avoid using moves it deems as 'evil' - this includes all dark, ghost and poison moves, any move capable of causing a burn, as well as Frustration, Dream Eater and Rage. It also wants to show off it's lighter side, so must learn and keep Solarbeam in its movepool as soon as possible.

However, when traded to Heartgold, it gets so angry at being seperated from it's original trainer that it becomes aggresive and angry. It may only use moves in the above list (any moves not on the list cannot be used, including Solarbeam, Sunny Day, and any Fire move which cannot burn), and it will refuse to take any items from it's trainer - so it cannot be healed with items, nor may it hold items in battle. In addition, when switched in, it will refuse to switch out until it either wins or faints, even if the opponent sends out another pokemon.

In Platinum, Houndour must show off it's goodness by defeating at least half of any Team Galactic members pokémon each time they are encountered after he is caught. In Heartgold, he must show off his devilish nature by defeating at least half of any Gym Leaders pokémon solo for each he encounters after being traded over. He will also refuse to fight fellow hellraisers such as Team Rocket and the rival.

Houndour must be traded to Heartgold version after every gym badge obtained in Platinum, and can be traded back to Platinum after the next gym badge is obtained (again, in Platinum version).

Yes its from the game corner. My bad.

Ok. Ive decided to keep just 5 mons in my scramble with the last being an hmslave bibarel(wont use). So aside from turtwig(which has been reserved), I just need 1 more mon please.

@EJ190 I'll give you another.

You get Random.Org the Porygon.

Random.Org was an early devlopment porygon, and thus his AI is rather shoddy. Because of this, all of his decisions are determined via random number generator. Random.Org can only learn 3 attack moves, all of which must be of a different type. His last move must always be Conversion (Conversion does not count as part of his move type restriction, so you may have a Normal type attack move in addition to Conversion). The first turn he is in battle he must use Conversion, and on the turn after, he must use whichever attack move matches the type he just transformed into. After that, he may either use Conversion again to change move, or else continue to use the move matching his type. Whenever Random.Org wants to learn a new move, he may only do so if he has no moves currently of the same type. If this requirement is met, you must then go to Random.Org and randomly generate a number between 1 and 3. Whichever number is generated, you must replace the move in that moveslot with the new move. Conversion must always be the 4th move.

For example, if Porygon wants to learn Ice beam, but has Tri Attack, Thunderbolt and Psybeam in slots 1-3, generate a random number. On a 1, replace Tri Attack with Ice Beam, if 2 replace Thunderbolt and if 3 replace Psybeam.

Finally, go to Random.Org and generate a number between 4 and 8. This number represents the Gym leader Random.Org must solo (4:Maylene, 5:Wake, 6: Byron etc). Then generate a number between 1-5. Random.Org must solo at least half of the pokemon belonging to the Elite 4 member represented by this number (1.Aaron, 2. Bertha, 3.Flint, 4.Lucian, 5.Cynthia).

GL:HF

Last edited:
umm first time here so i hope im doing this right,im doing an emerald playthrough make it brutally difficult no trading someone make up rules say whatever you want me to do and ill accept

umm first time here so i hope im doing this right,im doing an emerald playthrough make it brutally difficult no trading someone make up rules say whatever you want me to do and ill accept
actually just went through the forum and you guys are insane so make it moderately hard

Ok ill take it. Just a question-when can i evolve it?
Randomise a number between 1 and 4. Depending on the outcome, you may evolve:

1. Evolve into Porygon 2 at will. Evolve into Porygon Z as soon as you manage to solo your randomly chosen Gym leader.
2. Evolve into Porygon 2 as soon as you manage to solo your randomly chosen Gym Leader. After that, evolve into Porygon Z at will.
3. Evolve into Porygon 2 as soon as you manage to solo your randomly chosen Gym Leader. You may not evolve into Porygon Z.
4. Evolve into Porygon 2 at will. You may not evolve into Porygon Z.

Platinum Scramble Update Numero Dos

GOT TO OREBURGH CITY YEAH. Got to the gym, but Roark wasn't there. I followed him into the mines, and almost got black lung. Some horrible arent brought his little girl in there. I should call child services. I found Roark, but he smashed a rock and left. He might as well have led me out. Meh, found an escape rope anyways, so I guess it's okay. Fought Roark, it was a long and fierce battle. Actually, I'm lying. Syphon destroyed his team and threw them into a fire. Now that I have an HM I have to use for most of the game, I caught Helper the Bidoof. He is Helper because slavery is wrong. On my way, I helped Professor Rowan fight off some Intergalactic Gangsters, or whatever they were called. They had spacesuits. Got to Floarama Town, where I TRAMPLED ALL THE FLOWERS HAHAHAAHAHA. I left the town pretty quickly, and some little girl decided to waste my precious time by telling me that her daddy was being held hostage by Team Galactic. Boo hoo. I passed her by, but Galactic Grunts her blocking my game. NO. In a blind fury, I ran to the Valley Windworks and beat up the Grunt outside. He ran inside and locked me out. Wimp. So I went back to Floarama Town and two more grunts were there, interrogating a man for honey. Behold, the downward spiral of the human race. I beat both of them and got the man's honey back. Now I'm on my way to get rid of Team Galactic.

The Team:
(Not including helper cuz he's just there.)

Metal the Piplup(F) Lv 15
Calm~Torrent
~Must always use a Steel-Type move at the start of battle when he learns one
~After the steel move, must use a water move
~Must solo Gardenia
~Must solo everything from Maylene to Crasher Wake (Maylene, Rival, 5 trainer pokemon and 3 wild pokemon)
~During the Maylene-Wake session, I can only use 5 items and have 3 trips to the pokemon center
Predicted Final Moveset: Flash Cannon, Surf, Drill Peck, Ice Beam

Soldier the Zubat(M) Lv 14
Bashful~Inner Focus
Leech Life(Cannot be used more than 3x in a row)
Air Slash
Sludge Bomb
Air Cutter
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam(Can be used infinite times in a row)(Prolly not gonna use this)
Substitute

Astonish(No more than 6x)
Bite(No more than 3x)
Dark Pulse(No more than 4x)
Swagger(Only after dealing direct damage)
Protect(^^)
Double Team(^^)
Roost
Giga Impact(Can only be used after Fly)

Wing Attack
Return/Frustrasion(After using this, Soldier can't be healed unless he uses another move)
U-Turn(^^)
Aerial Ace
Giga Drain(After using this move, Soldier must keep using it until he or his opponent faints)
Poison Fang
Cross Poison

Screech
Supersonic
Confuse Ray
Mean Look
Haze
Toxic
Sunny Day
Taunt
Rain Dance
Facade
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief
Steel Wing
Snatch
Endure
Payback
Captivate
X-Scissor
Sleep Talk
Pluck
Natural Gift
Defog

Syphon the Budew(F) Lv 15
Sassy~Poison Point
~No Healing Items
~Can only use Absorb, Mega Drain, or Giga Drain, or Poison Sting as attacking moves
~Must have Leech Seed, one of the Draining moves above, and a move that induces poison in its movepool at all times
~Must solo Byron
Predicted Final Moveset: Leech Seed, Toxic, Giga Drain, Mega Drain

COME ON GUYS I NEED TWO MORE MONS COME ON.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Itsame take whatever fossil you can get and name it Blunt

Blunt can never use STAB
Blunt can never use a Physical, Special or Status move 2 times in a row (so you gotta keep switching between them

GL HF

@itsame
Take techy the gible. Techy thinks he was frolicing in the dream dreamworld & fell into the wayward cave by accident. Because of this he's convinced he has techinician as his ability. So he will only use moves with 60bp or less. It isn't until techy has evolved AND reached level 40 that he realises that he's just a regular gabite. Pissed off, he makes it his life mission to kill every pokemon that can have techinician(i.e include dreamworld stuff like roselia).
Can only evolve into a garchomp and use regular attacks after killing 70 possible techinician pokemon.

@powergo1 You get Vice Versa, the Houndour. Whilst with it's original trainer, Houndour is determined to show that not all houndours are as devilish as they seem, and thus will avoid using moves it deems as 'evil' - this includes all dark, ghost and poison moves, any move capable of causing a burn, as well as Frustration, Dream Eater and Rage. It also wants to show off it's lighter side, so must learn and keep Solarbeam in its movepool as soon as possible.

However, when traded to Heartgold, it gets so angry at being seperated from it's original trainer that it becomes aggresive and angry. It may only use moves in the above list (any moves not on the list cannot be used, including Solarbeam, Sunny Day, and any Fire move which cannot burn), and it will refuse to take any items from it's trainer - so it cannot be healed with items, nor may it hold items in battle. In addition, when switched in, it will refuse to switch out until it either wins or faints, even if the opponent sends out another pokemon.

In Platinum, Houndour must show off it's goodness by defeating at least half of any Team Galactic members pokémon each time they are encountered after he is caught. In Heartgold, he must show off his devilish nature by defeating at least half of any Gym Leaders pokémon solo for each he encounters after being traded over. He will also refuse to fight fellow hellraisers such as Team Rocket and the rival.

Houndour must be traded to Heartgold version after every gym badge obtained in Platinum, and can be traded back to Platinum after the next gym badge is obtained (again, in Platinum version).
Thank you! I will update soon, after transferring My old pokemon to Black!

You get something concocted just for you: Saga the Bronzor.
Snip
Snip
Snip
Itsame, now that ive started the scramble, i realise that i'm a little confused about the challange you've given me. What moves do i teach Sage and what do i replace? Also the safeguard bit is a little too complicated so im ditching that part of the challange. Sorry:(
Could u clarify a little?

Eco the Turtwig - Lv. 24
Aries Flame — I'll start you off with Eco the Turtwig. This Turtwig is a fan of all things environmental, so it can only be healed via Berries, Bitter items, Fresh Water, and Moomoo Milk (outside the Pokémon Center, of course). In addition, it cannot hold the Macho Brace, the Experience Share, or any sort of article of clothing because those are all artificial items.

Now, on to move restrictions. It must use one of Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, or Synthesis before using any of its other moves, because Eco's power comes from the environment and Eco can't attack without first absorbing energy from it. If it learns Earthquake, it may seem odd for me to allow you to use it (since it damages the environment), but using Torterra without Earthquake is just blasphemy. So, I'll allow you to use it, but only once per battle. The move Toxic, on the other hand, is completely forbidden, because using it would lead Eco's opponents to believe that the environment isn't all sunshine and roses and ultimately curse it.

Okay, you said you wanted a bit of rivalry. Eco isn't a big fan of your to-be-given Totodile and its tendency to throw water around at unnecessary volumes. Thus, every time Totodile KOs a Pokémon in a Trainer battle with a Water-type move and the Trainer still has more Pokémon remaining, you must switch in Eco and clean up the mess using one of the "absorbing" moves I mentioned earlier (unless this conflicts with a solo).

As a final restriction, it must solo Bertha, the ultimate abuser of the environment (because all of her Pokémon besides Whiscash (who has Earth Power) have Earthquake). Hopefully Gliscor's Ice Fang and Rhyperior's Avalanche (and, to a smaller extent, Golem's Fire Punch) won't cause you too many problems.

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF

Whacko the Drifloon - Lv. 22
Whacko is a little mixed up. He believes that he is EVERY type EXCEPT Ghost and Flying. Therefore, he cannot use Ghost or Flying type moves. This can be changed to ONE move of either flying or ghost if that's too hard.
Secondly, he's not exactly sure whether Drifloon are supposed to drag children or adults to the netherworld, so he wants to go for middle ground. He must solo every pokemon that is the middle stage of an evolution family. (i.e. He must solo cascoon, but not bidoof)
Third, he loves the color purple. So he cannot attack any pokemon with the dex color purple. See Bulbapedia if you need a list.
Lastly, he doesn't know what type he is, but he wants to be the best. He must solo a gym of your choice. (this one includes purple pokemon)

I hope you enjoy. Also, I need 4 more for my challange. Just saying.

Oylspyl the Totodile - Lv. 26
You get Oylspyl the Totodile. Oylspyl laughs at Eco the Turtwig’s environmentally friendly morals, thanks to an upbringing under a Team Rocket member early on in life. He does as much as possible to alter the environment when battling. It will only hold the following non-environmentally friendly items (if you don’t get why I selected these items, ask): Air Balloon, Black Sludge, Cleanse Tag, Incenses (it likes to alter smells to bother others), Lagging Tail, Metal Coat, Sharp Beak, Shed Shell, Shell Bell, Smoke Ball, or Soft Sand.

Oylspyl, naturally, likes to use moves that cause as much destruction as possible. It must use Water Gun as its only Water-type move until you get Surf (which must replace Water Gun), and must get Blizzard ASAP. It must have Flail once it gets it, to be replaced by Thrash as a permanent move. Oylspyl does want to leave some decision to you, however. Choose Rock Slide or Dig to give it, and when you reach the TM for your chosen move, you must immediately use the TM on Oylspyl.

Out of spite, Oylspyl wants to take on Gardenia by itself. Revives may be used if necessary, but Oylspyl will never forgive you if you use Eco in the battle at all. You must purposely white out if it comes down to that. Additionally, whenever Eco “cleans up after it with an 'absorbing' move,” Oylspyl must lead the party immediately afterward until the end of the next trainer battle or hold Black Sludge (out of anger) during the next 5 trainer battles (trade it in holding the Black Sludge, or with a Sticky Barb if you have no sludge, or, if you have neither, have it hold a Lagging Tail or Full Incense).

That solo was EVIL! No revives available... Team Galactic Eterna Building next.

actually just went through the forum and you guys are insane so make it moderately hard
Hey megayokim,

I give you El Nino the male Nincada.
El Nino isnt your ordinary early game bug, because it will support your team as much as possible.
El Nino always has at least one HM move as soon as you get one that he learns
(cut and/or flash).
He likes to show off with his special ability Compound Eyes, so against every opposing pokemon use an accuracy lowering move first, then use a move with less then 100% accuracy to show that he hits much better than other Pokemon, afterwards do what you want.
Whenever you encounter other Pokemon with C.E. or No Guard he has to solo them.

To evolve into Ninjask or Shedinja, El Nino has to force 100 encounters with item holding wild pokemon to prove the worth of Compound Eyes - you have to make sure that they hold items.
You now get either Ninjask if you soloed Brawly and Shedinja if you solo Wattson with El Nino.

The move restrictions stay after evolution to make up for the loss of compound eyes. But he has to avoid Pokemon with compound eyes or no guard because he feels bad about loosing his awesome ability.

All restrictions are removed if you encounter another 100 wild pokemon that hold an item with El Nino at the front of your party.

If you want more restrictions, I can give them ;D Have fun.

Now, I want to do an Emerald scramble challenge as well.

It should be a hard but not insane challenge with one restriction:
I want to do a challenge without wild pokemon grinding(poor little things are not meant to die!), unless a specific challenge calls for beating specific wild pokemon. Thats all.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)