Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawlucha gets STAB Acrobatics and Unburden. Sceptile Hitmonlee, and even Drifblim of all things are already fearsome sweepers in their respective tiers with this, so Hawlucha will probably be competitively relevant.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I made a thing: [I know I am terrible with art programs and it doesn't match perfectly but close enough]

Everything SORT OF matches up :P But the most interesting things are the areas with no routes going to them... Especially the one right at the bottom of the map.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
That skin treatment option lets you cycle through the 3 skin tone options you're given at the start of the game, so it's essentially skin bleaching/tanning.
If the translated version didn't edit it out, then probably they don't find it a problem.
(Since, they have the right to do so. Even back in PBR. In Japanese PBR you can't change your skin colour)

Meanwhile in Pokemon The Origin... they painted Jynx black...
1. http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/icicleviolet/TheOrigin1_zps7a336638.png
2. http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/icicleviolet/TheOrigin2_zps54becf58.png
3. http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/icicleviolet/TheOrigin3_zpsd603cfbb.png
3b. http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/icicleviolet/TheOrigin3b_zpsc792fcfa.png
4. http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/icicleviolet/TheOrigin4_zpsa93a533b.png

Last edited:

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
From the source posted above: imgur.com/a/jiahd

"In the Museum, there's an NPC that asks if the player has a Genesect to show him."

That's interesting. Seems like if we send over the Genesects from the wifi giveaway for B2W2 something could happen.
My guess is you get the Drives that affect Techno Blast. Which makes sense to me.

still, if it gets no guard will 'o wisp it could be taking physical hits very well.
Taking phys hits isn't really his main problem.

I'd say just eyeballing that pic he hits like 300 something hp with no investment, not that great. He's slow and weak on the special side. Weak to EQ. Mediocre stabs.

...but you don't get it, it's doing that because it's a ninja. Frogs irl aren't ninjas either, they don't need a scarf. what would you do if you were a ninja frog and suddenly realized you had no scarf? Of course, like any good ninja you would improvise. "Hey, i have this big long tongue, I could wrap it around my neck and let the end trail off. Finally, I am complete. time to go cling to some walls and throw some shurikens like the ninja I am."

Seriously, people who don't 'get' the inspiration behind this design just irk me so much! Don't disrespect a great design just because you don't understand the pop culture significance behind it, especially something so ingrained into videogame and anime designs coming from a Japanese gaming company.
The problem isn't that I don't "get it". I get it perfectly; I played Shinobi on the old Sega Genesis just like everyone else here my age. My problem (if you can even call it that) is that I don't understand why they replaced his signature bubbles with his tongue. For both Froakie and Frogadier the designs put emphasis on the bubbles, but Greninja completely gets rid of them in favor of his tongue. Everything was set up for it to have a sick bubble scarf, but they just completely abandoned that part of the design in favor of his tongue.

Honestly, I think this is akin to Chariazard not having a flame on his tail or Venusaur not having a tree. There was clear design progression in his first two stages and they simply ditched it in favor of a fairly weird choice, and that annoys me. I still like Greninja and his design, but the tongue will take some getting used to.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hm... we have seen very little from the Mountain Kalos Pokédex. I guess that third of the map is reserved for lategame, perhaps even postgame. Hopefully, there will be some interesting Kalos 'mons in that area.

But indeed, there seem to be fewer new Pokémon in this game than what has been the case earlier. Or rather, completely new designs. Counting Mega Evolutions, we're hitting a large number of new "pieces" to use in our game, but as far as entirely new creatures go, Kalos seems to be slightly underwhelming. I mean, there has been... three or four(?) leaked Pokémon that didn't belong to any known evolutionary family?

Still hoping that there are some new designs out there waiting to surprise us. But it seems more and more like GameFreak wanted to elaborate on previous Pokémon and designs, rather than making loads of new ones. Not that there's any wrong with that, though. I think I'll hugely enjoy another adventure with my "old friends", with a few new Pokémon as icing on the cake.

Hm... we have seen very little from the Mountain Kalos Pokédex. I guess that third of the map is reserved for lategame, perhaps even postgame. Hopefully, there will be some interesting Kalos 'mons in that area.
Well. If Noivern doesn't come until well after the Fly HM, I may need to rethink one of my Pokémon for Y.

I don't understand what Nintendo's legal argument is for taking down the leakers' info. It's not copyright infringement, and while the stores may be bound by some contract not to release the game before Oct. 12, the individuals who bought the game are not...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
My problem (if you can even call it that) is that I don't understand why they replaced his signature bubbles with his tongue
If I can recall correctly, certain species of frogs build bubble nests that protect and oxygenate their young and newborn. After a while, the nest disintegrates.

In terms of froakie, we can see that the its bubble hoodie receding upon evolving to frogadier, and disappear completely upon evolving into greninja.

I don't understand what Nintendo's legal argument is for taking down the leakers' info. It's not copyright infringement, and while the stores may be bound by some contract not to release the game before Oct. 12, the individuals who bought the game are not...
Usually threats of legal sanction against the friends who leaked them the game are sufficient, because few stores break street date en masse. In other words, basically every leaker who allowed themselves to be easily traced is either naive or a really callous friend.

Since as the review embargo lifts on the 4th, how much information can we expect to gather? Obviously most serious reviewers will be careful about what information they disclose, but can we expect a lot more leaks?

From a non-competitive standpoint, I am interested in what they think of the graphics, sound and general gameplay (difficulty, how smooth it is, whether it is well paced, etc.)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Have we seen a Pokédex entry for Greninja, anyway? I mean, an entry would surely confirm or deny if what we see really is its tongue. I mean, frogs are known to inflate their vocal sacs as well:

I like Greninja's design quite a bit, but if it really wraps its tongue around its troat, it's kinda silly. Risking infections, asphyxiation AND damage to soft tissue at the same time, while neither being able to speak nor eat? Having a tongue long enough to step on doesn't really scream ninja to me. However, it could be excusable (and bubble-related!) if it was an inflated vocal sac just below its mouth.

How about delphox stats? Is it a special sweeper? Does it get Focus Blast?
Not sure on focus blast (it is fire/psychic so I really don't know). I recall its stat spread being quite fast (~100spd) with good special stats and average physical and hp.

Greninja's spread is close to sceptile. Cheshnaught is rhydon-like with good def, attack and hp but poor special and speed.

I'm not sure where I saw it, but I definitely remember seeing a Delphox holding a Quick Claw. Maybe it means nothing. Then again, maybe it means Delphox is rather slow. Greninja is obviously fast. So that leaves Chesnaught to be the Bulky Mixed Attacker? But "Spiky Armor" or whatever it is certainly seems to be a great move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)