Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because gamefreak coded a bulldog as a fairy species (a bulldog being fairy species, note that), you think it's deserving?

I guess you spend all your time thinking inside the box.

"Hey, I've been a fairy since I've been introduced. I should have resisted fighting a long time ago."

It was not worth introducing a new typing, so late into the franchise.
Pokemon is serious business.

At least now Granbull has a way to differentiate himself from Ursaring. Let's be thankful for that.

So because gamefreak coded a bulldog as a fairy species (a bulldog being fairy species, note that), you think it's deserving?

"Hey, I've been a fairy since I've been introduced. I should have resisted fighting a long time ago."

I really damn appreciate that Granbull in fact is Fairy now, even if doesn't make sense (although there are hints on it being fairy type + fancy rinch people story so this one is REALLY questionable) as right now it's the only Fairy type (so far, may change) with good physical bulk (counting Intimidate), so it may become anti-metagame Pokemon now with also really good movepool (including even stuff like Heal Bell).

I couldn't be happier that the fairy type was introduced. There were WAY too many normal and psychic types that were essentially indistinguishable from one another. Now they have a new way to make themselves distinctive. The more normal and psychic types that become fairy or have the type added, the better. I'm really hoping Celebi and Lilligant get the fairy type, among many others.

Speaking of, Phantom force being a good physical ghost move a la Bounce is awesome. Dusknoir/Banette need this so badly. As does the Honedge line

Here's something I noticed.

Almost every Pokemon revealed in the "Original" Mega Trailer got a Mega Evo.

So my predictions are:

Hydreiggon
Salamence
Golurk are left

You saw Mawile Fighting TTar, Mewtwo Fighting Gyrados
Heck, I just assumed everything we saw in a trailer that wasn't from Gen VI was probably getting a Mega.

Here's the thing about Fairies, though: Granbull and Azumarill aside, the mold seems to be the same as psychics: good Special stats and speed but bad everything else. Why is GF reusing that model for mons like Floette?

We're just gonna have to take this one like garbodor guys.
"Is it in the game?"
"Yeah."
"Deal."
Unless your my sister, and you LIKE Garbodor.

Honestly though, overall this generation has done more good than wrong in my eyes. There will always be changes I disagree with but overall so many things went right this generation that I just can't complain.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
What? Earth's main source of metal is... Earth itself. The nucleus is mainly made of iron, and even if we can't access that, the crust composition is very rich in metal: aluminium and Iron are the third and fourth most common elements in the crust, for example.
On the other hand, some metals only exist on Earth due to meteorites.

As fun as it is to watch you guys make up a storm, just...drop the topic.

rofl

:|
I don't mean to keep rambling. People post the same thing that I've already responded to from another member.

People just like to add and add, without reading my response beforehand. It gets annoying

Sorry to take this thread downhill, though it's not like we're getting many leaks at this point anyhow.

@ agonist: You mean it? There aren't dogs that breathe fire? I didn't know.

Sorry, I just get annoyed by people who think there's actual logic in these decisions. Gamefreak is pulling such retarded shit to keep everyone excited. It's not something I like, but I get it nonetheless.

The type "fairy" is just too narrow of a word to retype so many pokemon, at least in my opinion.

If there was a dislike button, I'd be dead because I don't agree with a few changes!
What are you talking about? The main criteria for a retyping have been:

• Cuteness
• Presence of pink in the Pokémon's design
• Ability to use magic or some random shit along those lines
• Belonging to the Fairy egg group

So far most retyped Pokémon answer to at least 2 of these criteria. If anything the lack of logic comes into play for Pokémon that match those criteria but weren't retyped... But we don't even have a full list of the Pokémon that were retyped.

What are you talking about? The main criteria for a retyping have been:

• Cuteness
• Presence of pink in the Pokémon's design
• Ability to use magic or some random shit along those lines
• Belonging to the Fairy egg group

So far most retyped Pokémon answer to at least 2 of these criteria.If anything the lack of logic comes into play for Pokémon that match those criteria but weren't retyped.
The main retypes I have a problem with are of Psychics whose "fairy" qualities are questionable. Mr. Mime being part fairy reinforces the absurd overlap between the two, while I think Psychics and fairies should be completely different flavor-wise. They're both pink, specially based, and good against fighting. (Mr. Mime really is the only fairy so far whose retyping I have a problem with, maybe Granbull too if he ends up without any good physical STAB)

Fairy egg group, eh? Well, let's see who else is there...
Clefairy: Come on Trollfreak. Don't be that company
Blissey: That... could be interesting.
Jumpluff: I'd really be surprised.
Breloom: No...
Delcatty: I could see it.
Roserade: I'd rather not...
Castform: But to what end?
Glalie: No please, try it
Pachirisu: If plusle and minun didn't...
Cherrim: Eh, why not?
Froslass: Being a ghost is part of it's thing.
Manaphy: It'd be fine I guess

On the other hand, some metals only exist on Earth due to meteorites.
Still not true. All (stable) elements are present in the Earth composition, as they come from the Sun which already contained them. A normal Sun like ours is able to make all elements up to Iron, and ours contains elements of higher Z due to a prior Super Nova star, which can create elements of an atomic number higher than 26 (Iron's) from which our Sun got the necessary materials.

Many meteorites are rich in rare metals. TRUE. However, rare metals do not come exclusively from meteors nor are the main source of such elements.

Also, sorry for the offtopic, I'll end it here.

It was not worth introducing a new typing so late into the franchise 13 years ago.

The main retypes I have a problem with are of Psychics whose "fairy" qualities are questionable. Mr. Mime being part fairy reinforces the absurd overlap between the two, while I think Psychics and fairies should be completely different flavor-wise. They're both pink, specially based, and good against fighting. (Mr. Mime really is the only fairy so far whose retyping I have a problem with, maybe Granbull too if he ends up without any good physical STAB)
Well Mr.Mime can use magic and it's pink... Mime Jr. is cute so I guess to Gamefreaks standards, it works. I'm fine with that retyping because the whole miming thing kinda makes sense. It's something that a playful fairy would do I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)