Pokémon XY Data Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd be stuck just catching all four of them and releasing the ones that weren't shiny..
Just a note, Horde Battle capturing works like Double Battle capturing - you can't throw Pokeballs when there are more than one Pokemon on the other side. This means even if you run into a horde of 5 Shiny Pokemon, you can only capture one of them (sadface).

And for everyone trying to determine which size Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist they have, I recommend spending a few minutes capturing a few. I went out and captured about 12 of them and I got at least one of each size. I arranged them from smallest to largest in my PC box and when I'm not sure about the size I just stick it under one of the columns and repeatedly press up and down to compare sizes, switching columns until they match.

Just a note, Horde Battle capturing works like Double Battle capturing - you can't throw Pokeballs when there are more than one Pokemon on the other side. This means even if you run into a horde of 5 Shiny Pokemon, you can only capture one of them (sadface).

And for everyone trying to determine which size Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist they have, I recommend spending a few minutes capturing a few. I went out and captured about 12 of them and I got at least one of each size. I arranged them from smallest to largest in my PC box and when I'm not sure about the size I just stick it under one of the columns and repeatedly press up and down to compare sizes, switching columns until they match.

If that's true, then I've got 11 Large ones in a row.

If that's true, then I've got 11 Large ones in a row.
Did you breed your Pumpkaboos? I haven't bred any (and don't know how size of a hatching Pumpkaboo is determined), but maybe that influenced your sample?

Alternatively, where are you catching them? I got mine on route 16, and my distribution of my first 12 was something like 3 small, 5 medium, 2 large, and 2 huge. I was hoping to find a huge one with Pickup, but I had difficulty determining size, which is why I decided to catch so many (I was expecting the huge ones to be much rarer; maybe I got lucky?). If the size is determined by the IVs, and what you said about Friend Safari Pokemon being guaranteed to have at least 2 perfect IVs is correct, then maybe that is influencing your sample as well?

I'll try to post a video of how I compare them when I get home.

Eh, Cute Charm seems to have a 100% effect chance on wild mons. So far I've run into 20 consecutive females, including 9 female Frogadiers, using a male Sylveon lead.

Edit: never mind. Roughly 15 encounters later I ran into a male Frogadier.

Edit 2: Just bred a Hasty Protean Froakie in a Dive Ball with flawless SpA and Speed IVs. Holy fuck I can't believe Dive Balls can be inheritted.

Last edited:
Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde have at a minimum, 3 perfect IVs. My Xerneas happens to have four, with a neutral nature. This allows me to calculate its IVs as follows:

HP: 126
Attack/S. Atk: 131
S. Def: 98

If we assume that Def is the same as S. Def and that its BST is 680, we can deduce that its Def is ~11 and its Speed is ~6 (sadface), for a base of 96. I used a Reset Bag prior to testing. (Level 50, Def 108, Speed 104)

Zyggie, meanwhile, is also neutral, with three perfect IVs.

Def: 121
S. Atk: 81
S. Def: 95

Its other stats at Lv. 70 are HP 243, Attack 156 and Speed 149, if anyone cares.

I don't know if the roaming bird follows these rules because it's still flying about at time of writing.
~Uiru

Just bred a Hasty Protean Froakie in a Dive Ball with flawless SpA and Speed IVs. Holy fuck I can't believe Dive Balls can be inheritted.
according to serebii, all balls are passed down by the female. also, would you mind trading me a protean froakie?

Alright, I decided to do some calculations to double check on Heliolisk's stat's (using my own Heliolisk) and came up with some serious discrepancies from the stats calculated by Katakiri. Notably, all my stats except HP were significantly lower than the one Katakiri came up with. Since both the special attack and speed EVs of the Heliolisk I'm using are maxed out, yet I came up with lower base stat values, this suggests to me that either me or Katakiri are making errors in our calculation of the base stats. Since I took my calculation method and tested it successfully with the Lucario you're given (since we already know Lucario's base stats), I'm pretty sure it's not me that's making the mistake (though I'd like for other people to do their own calculations to make sure of this).

Here's the data on my Heliolisk (I'll take a screenshot tomorrow afternoon it's seriously 5am right now and I haven't slept yet)

Level 35
Serious nature
Quick tempered characteristic
HP: 92
Attack: 48
Def: 42
Sp. Atk: 107
Sp. Def: 73
Spe: 107
EVs: 252 Sp.A, 252 Spee, 6 HP (99% confidence on the EVs, I was careful when raising it through Super Training)

My calculations for base stats ranges (based on my Heliolisk alone):
HP: 50-66
Atk: 45-61
Def: 37-52
Sp. Atk: 98-114
Sp. Def: 81-97
Spe: 98-114

Hope I'm not late to the party and it's already known the OP's stats are off but I don't have time to read through the whole thread right now.

It also seems that the baby will come in the same kind of Pokeball as one of the parents (source: Serebii) meaning that you could have a baby in a Cherish ball
I would like to confirm this. I just spent 2 hours and 30 minutes farming for Eevee eggs. The father Eevee was caught in a Great Ball, and the mother Eevee was caught in a Luxury Ball.

Out of all 50 Eevees that were hatched, ALL OF THEM WERE IN LUXURY BALLS.

I just tried to learn dragon pulse on my Lucario and it's now 85 power, also tried to learn heat wave on my charizard and it's now 95 power instead of 100, I didn't see it on the changed moves list so I had to say it

Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde have at a minimum, 3 perfect IVs. My Xerneas happens to have four, with a neutral nature. This allows me to calculate its IVs as follows:

HP: 126
Attack/S. Atk: 131
S. Def: 98

If we assume that Def is the same as S. Def and that its BST is 680, we can deduce that its Def is ~11 and its Speed is ~6 (sadface), for a base of 96. I used a Reset Bag prior to testing. (Level 50, Def 108, Speed 104)
~Uiru
we already have Xerneas and Yveltals base stats confirmed to be: 126 / 131 / 95 / 131 / 98 / 99, OP just didn't update them yet.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet but I found a Inkay with it's Hidden Ability of Infiltrator, so basically worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)