Pokémon Klefki

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Magic Room is 0 priority in Gen 6. It doesn't learn Trick Room, but even if it did it's still -7. No word on Wonder Room yet.

Regarding the Dual Screens setup, I am thinking of using one for myself in the near future. However, I would like to ask a few questions regarding a few details that hopefully some of you may be able to help me out with.

Why the Bold nature and 252 in Defense?

It just seems like with a setup like this, a more "balanced," approach might work out better. Perhaps Bold Nature and 252 SpD, or something similar to have similar/equal amounts of Def and SpD.

Or is there any particular reason to max out on defense like in Kirbles' setup?
I think before we know the exact threats Klefki has to deal with (e.g. to avoid OHKOs after screen, etc.), max+ def just gives more consistent results for any set.

My Klefki set:

Ability : Prankster
EVs : 252 hp 252 def
Item : leftovers of course
Moves :

Calm mind
Draining kiss
Thunder wave/Fairy Lock
HP ground

twave is preferred over fairy lock imo but if you do catch someone with it, it's not bad.
HP ground pretty much covers what draining kiss can't damage for the most part.
Not a groundbreaking moveset but a pretty neat one imo.

Having used Klefki in-game and in random battles online with surprising success; I can say the following:

Klefki is really strong against enemy Fairy-types in general, thanks to it being a Steel-type. It is also ridiculously strong against Dark-types. On the other hand, it's Steel typing lets it down against Dragons, who usually pack either a Fire or Ground attack.

Steel/Fairy is pretty good coverage, and it's tanky enough that it can pull off some hilarious things, like taking a hit from an Ageislash and OHKO'ing back with Foul Play.

Priority Spikes is always nice, but Klefki's best role would be an annoyer that forces switches. I wouldn't even be too fussed about bothering with Thunder Wave, Klefki has Prankster and Thunder Wave is blocked by Electric Types, I'd use Priority Attract and stack that with Priority Swagger to force a mere 25% chance to attack, forceing switches on set-up hazards.

Also Steel/Fairy + Torment and Sub is Torment Heatran levels of annoying. [And also allows Klefki to work around the aformentioned Fire Blasting Dragons]

Honestly I could see a set like this being used on a stall team:

Klefki +Leftovers
Female
Bold or Impish Nature
252 HP [Or whatever gives a Sub number]/252 Def/4 Sp.Def [Or whatever is left from HP]

- Torment
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Attract/Foul Play/Dazzleing Gleam

Priority Torment + Sub with two immunities, many resistances and only two weaknesses is a massive annoyance. Couple this with Swagger and Klefki is almost untouchable.
The fourth slot would differ between forcing even more switches with Attract, giving only a 25% chance to hit Klefki, or an offensive move to burn the enemy down faster, and prevent Taunt from completely screwing the set.

Obviously this is to be used on a Stall team, with hazard support.

@ The above post: There's no real need for Klefki to have a 0IV in Atk. If your ATK is higher, you use your stat instead of the opponent's anyway. You always use the higher of the two, so there is absolutely no reason to have a 0IV in Atk. In fact, it hurts Klefki when dealing with tanks with low Atk stats, or special attackers with low Atk.

Last edited:
The 0 IVs was to help it against other Klefki, Umbreon and every other common user of Foul Play since Klefki wasn't using his attack stat himself. 4x resist and nonexistent attack stat would let it wall itself almost indefinitely. That said, I didn't know Foul Play uses your attack stat if it was higher. Thanks for informing me.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There is no situation in which Foul Play uses your Attack stat. It may add some of your traits to it (particularly Huge Power, STAB, and burn), but it will always use the Attack stat of the opponent to calculate damage.

There is no situation in which Foul Play uses your Attack stat. It may add some of your traits to it (particularly Huge Power, STAB, and burn), but it will always use the Attack stat of the opponent to calculate damage.
Oh, I'd always read that it used the higher of the two.

My bad then.

Klefki's looking a lot like the way I use Lanturn. As a defensive stall poke that forces switches with Parafusion/Con-tract (portmanteau of confusion and attract). If only it got U-turn

What does Fairy Lock do again? Is it its signature move?
It's pretty much mean look fairy style. With the set I posted, you'd pretty much trap someone and boost up while healing hp with draining kiss and leftovers. Though, I would prefer t-wave to cripple anything switching or remaining. I feel both draining kiss and parabolic charge make for some bulky alternatives to pokemon. Especially on klefki since it cannot be poisoned.

I'm going to be SO annoying with this thing. Liepard 2.0
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
Forgive me for being a total noob, but how exactly do I use this set?

Is it simply Swagger/T-Wave into Confusion/para, and then Sub up and stall?

Forgive me for being a total noob, but how exactly do I use this set?

Is it simply Swagger/T-Wave into Confusion/para, and then Sub up and stall?
That's basically it. It's the notorious para-fusion sub stall set that Prankster Liepard often uses, except without the STAB on Foul play. This set is extremely annoying and effective not only because of the para-fusion but because Foul Play uses the opponent's own boosted attack stat against them.

While it's not the best way to abuse Klefki by any means, I think it's pretty cool that he gets priority Sub/CM, and priority Rest/Sleep Talk.

Klefki Leftovers {Prankster}
Bold 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Not the optimal way to use Klefki, I just want to do something with the Quiet shiny one I caught in the friend safari, and that works a little better on something like this than a support Klefki. Same idea as Crocune, but Fairy is just better typing than Water, nothing resists it, and it will always get the Rest in first if it's awake.

I caught myself an Impish Klefki and I'm thinking of running this set on it:

252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish

-Imprison
-Toxic
-Spikes
-Foul Play

The nature is no different from Bold for this set imo. I can see it working well for setting up Spikes or just throwing Toxic onto a big threat as well as shutting down other Spikes users, Foul Play is really just there for things like Aegislash who you could probably OHKO with it.

Looking at it's type the ONLY super effective moves will be Ground and Fire while resisting a ton of others. But I do wonder how well it handles it's defenses and to be honest I'm seeing Earthquake and fire moves everywhere in rating battles.

I did this in doubles, but need some fake out support or follow me.
MykeysxD (Klefki) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

EDIT: You could also use foul play instead of substitute.

I'm going to be SO annoying with this thing. Liepard 2.0
Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
This set misses out on STAB Foul Play as well as the ability to stall out slower priority with Substitute in exchange for a nicer defensive typing. Its bulk is still awful, though, which sorta diminishes its advantages. Ultimately, this seems to be a slightly worse version of an already shitty gimmick that has no place in competitive battling, though I wouldn't be surprised if it became the most popular set.

Parafusion isn't really the best way to use Klefki, its got many better options.
While it's not the best way to abuse Klefki by any means, I think it's pretty cool that he gets priority Sub/CM, and priority Rest/Sleep Talk.

Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Not the optimal way to use Klefki, I just want to do something with the Quiet shiny one I caught in the friend safari, and that works a little better on something like this than a support Klefki. Same idea as Crocune, but Fairy is just better typing than Water, nothing resists it, and it will always get the Rest in first if it's awake.
Prankster resttalk CM Klefki seems pretty promising but i would probably prefer Sub CM allowing Klefki to use another move such as Psychic or HP ground

Prankster Restalk suffers from lack of type coverage. Steel is just bad as an attacking type, and Fairy isn't the be-all-end all. It's resisted by Fire, which Klefki is also weak to.

Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Why not use draining kiss over dazzling beam? It doesn't have the same power but it'll be annoying as hell because you'll continue recovering health if priority sleep talk triggers draining kiss.

Not gonna discuss tiers, but I'm gonna mention this: Klefki can wreck any tier bar ubers with it's super movepool. It can also pull a Torment Set with Spikes.
Priority Thunder Wave and Dual Screens is also amazing. Can't wait for the egg moves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)