Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Maybe just make it that people should give out more than one Pokemon, It's not a huge thread that people are going berserk in. So just give multiple.

Naglfar Here's one for you anyway
Take Fighter the Venipede.
He has always loved fighting, whether it's boxing or karate, Unfortunately He has been hindered by the Pokemon he is and as such has access to only one move. Venipede must always carry that move, Rock Smash (Available from the man at the entrance to the Virbank complex, after defeating all three Workers) and he must always defeat any fighting type Pokemon you encounter with him. To evolve to Whirlipede he must solo 20 Fighting types (Not to hard given what level he evolves) and to become a Scolipede he must overcome Clay's Excadrill in one on one combat using only Rock Smash. After evolving he gains the ability to learn Superpower (He doesn't have to as I don't want you to have to grind out 10 blue shards.).

Last edited:
As I have promised, here is the Fire-type I reserved for you, CJorex. (restrictions not in a list are underlined for convenience)

The species for this challange is Litwick. First of all, this Litwick must be the first one you catch (and no, you may not reset the game utilize Synchronize, or intentionally knock out the Litwick). Now that that's out of the way, it's time to get down to the restrictions, beginning with the gender...

Nickname your Litwick Tharja. Arguably, the most distinctive aspect of this Litwick is the fact that she will possess an intense... interest in one of your male Pokemon (if you weakened her with a male Pokemon, she will stalk that one. If not, go with the one you have most recently used. Fodder of any kind do not count.) and because of this:
if her crush's item is taken, she must hold it for the same timeframe he did (within a margin of 30 minutes, real time).
must always stay either one slot in front of or behind her crush.
she must always know Attract.
she must always use Attract on said crush.
she is the only Pokemon you can switch to if you're switching out the one she stalks, regardless of the state she's in.
if her crush is KOed, she must switch in immediately and attempt to solo the opposing team.

Another trait of Tharja is how vengeful she is. For example, if she was to faint against a specific trainer, her wrath extends to the point where she will always try to solo at least one Pokemon belonging to a trainer of the same class as the one that KOed her. If she faints during any of these attempts, she will try to solo two of them, and so on. However, don't think that you can just switch Tharja out while battling an opponent, even to prevent her from fainting, she will be quite upset with you because of her desire to "experiment" and will use the worst move for her to use in the following battles until the next in-game hour or next 24 irl hours, whichever of those conditions is fulfilled last.

Nickname your Litwick Henry. Although this Litwick sees himself as a kind and helpful Pokemon, he's a bit unhinged, in the sense that his ideal death is ridiculously bloody and gory yet completely painless. Naturally, this carries over to his actions in combat. For reference:
When Henry enters a battle after learning Curse, it must be the first move he uses.
His favorite method to killing someone is by Hexing them. If his enemy goes down before he can, though, he decides to stop himself from using the move he finished his opponent with until the next time he fights an opponent of the same trainer class (or in the case of a wild Pokemon, until he has successfully KOed 5 of them with Hex).

Despite his sadomasochism, Henry has a few certain principles by which he stands. The first of which is his friendliness with animals, particularly dog-like Pokemon. His amicability towards them prevents him from summoning the will to Curse or Hex quadripedal Pokemon, but at the same time he doesn't want to go overboard, so he simply settles for using whatever move would do the least amount of damage to them (while still doing damage to them) if he's in a fight with one of them. Another of Henry's principles is that if one of his friends needs help with something, he will try to help them (if in an unorthodox manner), causing him to always be in the second slot of the party whenever he's not leading it, so he will always be in a double, triple, or rotation battle. Keep in mind, though, that he is willing to KO his partner if they have HP that is in the red zone on the basis that they'll no longer feel any pain.

Now that we got that out of the way, it's time for the universal restrictions! This Litwick:
must know both Curse and Hex.
must know a damage-dealing or Ghost-type move other than Hex ASAP.
cannot evolve until it learns Curse.
must wait until anywhere within the range of 9 and 19 levels before evolving again.

A few of this Pokemon's restrictions will be altered, depending on its nature. If it has a nature that increases Special Attack or Special Defense, disregard the previous sentence, along with the rest of this paragraph. If it has a nature that does nothing or increases Attack, Defense, or Speed, though, it must learn a physical move upon evolving to Chandelure, taking the place of the non-Hex Ghost-type move.

Good luck! I'll understand if you don't accept this due to how many things there are to keep in mind. I really need to work on that in both rule-setting and challange-giving...

By the way, there is a reference to the 3DS game I mentioned in my previous post somewhere in this challange...
Okay, this might be a bit hard, but I'll accept it anyway and toneit down if it is too hard for me.

Mono-Normal Scramble for SoulSilver

- No Trading
- All Normal Version Exclusives
- Nicknames
- Full Team
- Only 1 Flyer

Original Post

• Know and keep Charm, use when sent in.
  • Must switch out against Poison or Steel types
  • Solo every member of Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime and Marill families
  • Solo Chuck (To evovle) []
  • Solo Clair []
  • Solo Lance’s Dragon-types []

Original Post

• Defeat every Psychic-Pokemon
    • Have 2 Dark Type moves @ all times
    • Solo Pryce []
    • Solo 4 of Will’s Pokemon []

Last edited:
Scramble challenge for platinum
Rules:
No evolution restrictions
No moveset restrictions
Must have at least one before the 1st gym and 3 before the third
NONE Of the Chimchar line
Can feature any pokemon, as long as it can learn at least 4 different moves, and does not have one of the worst 20 BST's of the 4th gen
Entire team has to be obtainable before E4
Can feature ONE (1) legendary, but it must be obtainable before the E4, because of this it is limited to giritina and the lake trio, however, include a backup pokemon if you do so, in case I fail to catch it,
No 2 pokemon with the same type. At all.
Does not necessarily need to include a starter
(Self imposed rule, all pokemon on this team must be caught in a regular pokeball)
No pokemon that require a trade to reach final evolution
No trading for pokemon
No PP, status or HP restoring items (first poster gets to choose which one)
Out of the 6 pokemon, all HMs need to be learnable
2 pokemon suggested per person

Current pokemon
-Snorlax----------|
-Empoleon--------Suggested by OnceIwasConcussed
-
-
-
-

Sorry if this list is too specific

Last edited:
Mono-Normal Scramble for SoulSilver

- No Trading
- All Normal Version Exclusives
- Nicknames
- Full Team
- Only 1 Flyer
Here, have a Miltank, nickname, Allergean
This Miltank must never be healed by milkdrink, as he/she is allergic to milk, and must know nothing but STAB attacks. And just for a bit of fun, must have the modest nature

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rules:
No moveset restrictions
Can feature any pokemon, as long as it can learn at least 4 different moves, and does not have one of the worst 20 BST's of the 4th gen
Can feature ONE (1) legendary, but it must be obtainable before the E4, however, include a backup pokemon if you do so, in case I fail to catch it
(Self imposed rule, all pokemon on this team must be caught in a regular pokeball)
No trading for pokemon

I'll reserve the legendary Mon

Quick question - if someone gives me a condition and I fail to fulfill it (ex. Solo a gym leader and that Pokemon gets KO'd and I am for whatever reason out of revives), is that a loss? Does this change for, say, Platinum, where the gym leaders are rematchable after the E4?

I like the concept of this a lot, but that one thing confuses me.

What the hell, I'll do this.

Hard Scramble for Pokemon X.

Rules:
Must be able to fully evolve all Pokemon.
Not using EXP Share.
Not Mega Evolving.
You can give moveset restrictions except for having a Pokemon with all HM moves.
Nicknames pls.
Full team of 6 by the E4.

Other than that, go nuts guys.

Also, Aries Flame, take Gnaw the Ratatta. Gnaw is obsessed with his teeth, so once he learns a biting move he may only use biting moves from that point on. Also, because Gnaw wants to preserve his teeth, he may never use a biting move on a Rock or Steel type, so switch out against them. To evolve, Gnaw must solo a Gym Leader of your choice. Tell me if you want to make any modifications to the challange.

Aries Flame, take Forgetful the Pidgey. Its ability must be Tangled Feet. It's very forgetful, obviously. It often forgets its own moveset, so in order to counterbalance, you must have it both learn every move it can learn via level up and use all of them at some point in the game. It can never use hold items, as it doesn't know what to do with those either. In addition, randomize a number between 1 and 13 - that is the level-up move Forgetful must keep in its moveset at all times (once it learns the move), and use it at least once against every trainer battle it participates in once it gets that move - it has particular troubles with that one.

Feel free to evolve at will.

Quick question - if someone gives me a condition and I fail to fulfill it (ex. Solo a gym leader and that Pokemon gets KO'd and I am for whatever reason out of revives), is that a loss? Does this change for, say, Platinum, where the gym leaders are rematchable after the E4?

I like the concept of this a lot, but that one thing confuses me.
I think you are supposed to reset to before it happens (or, in a trainer battle, intentionally lose). If you save after failing a condition, then you lose. I do not think that changes for gym leader rematches unless otherwise specified.

Sorry but I'm going to reject the Miltank cause I already have to catch 2 pokemon on the same route already.

Original Post
  • Know and keep Charm, use when sent in.
  • Must switch out against Poison or Steel types
  • Solo every member of Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime and Marill families
  • Solo Chuck (To evovle) []
  • Solo Clair []
  • Solo Lance’s Dragon-types []

Original Post
    • Defeat every Psychic-Pokemon
    • Have 2 Dark Type moves @ all times
    • Solo Pryce []
    • Solo 4 of Will’s Pokemon []

Orignal Post
  • Only use biting moves
  • Switch out against Rock or Steel
  • Solo a Gym Leader to evolve []

Original Post
  • Must have Tangled Feet []
  • Learn Every move by level up and use []
  • Random Number between 1-13 to keep in moveset, use against every trainer battle it participates.

Rules:
No moveset restrictions
Can feature ONE (1) legendary, but it must be obtainable before the E4, because of this it is limited to giritina and the lake trio, however, include a backup pokemon if you do so, in case I fail to catch it,
No trading for pokemon

Current pokemon
-Snorlax----------|
-Empoleon--------Suggested by OnceIwasConcussed
-
-
-
-

TheHatterofMad, take Dracula the Zubat. This Zubat aspires to be like Dracula in every way that it can. Therefore, Dracula can only battle during sundown (evening) and night time. Because Dracula also is afraid of holy water, Zubat may never stay in against a water type pokemon. However, because Dracula can control people and is immune to mind control himself, Zubat must always fight psychic types because he is not afraid of their mind-based powers. Let me know if you want me to modify the challenge at all.

Pokemon Emerald scramble
cant trade
not too difficult, but a decent challange
no specific nature restrictions (fine with things such as must be a +atk nature/etc)
no more than 2 lots of the same type
would prefer both a flyer and surfer, but isnt required
if someone gave me a breloom i will love them forever (not required but i love the damn mushroom)

thats pretty much it i think

Hydrattler, take Charl the Torchic. Charl believes that physical combat is the only way to go, as such Charl cannot use damaging moves that do not do physical contact.
He also has a deep hatred of Team Aqua, and must solo the Grunt in Petalburg woods and the one who steals Peeko, this allowing him to evolve into Combusken.
(Optional) As a fire type he cannot have Fresh Water, Soda Pop or Lemonade used on him, otherwise, no fire-type moves for five turns.
To get him to a Blaziken he needs to prove his prowess and must solo Norman as well.
During his life he always wished to trike down fliers and burn them, so make sure he has Blaze Kick and Aerial ace before the E4.

This should satisfy!

Hydrattler, take Blubber the Wailmer. Blubber believes that his thick blubber will protect him from electric type attacks and therefore is not afraid of said attacks, so Rubber must always fight Electric type Pokemon. Blubber may also not be used in battle while surfing and diving as he wants to keep you afloat (which makes sense considering you're holding on to one in the surfing sprite). To evolve into Wailord, Blubber must solo 10 electric types. Just let me know if you want me to modify the challenge at all.

Take Megatric the Electrike
Megatric has traveled from Kalos to Hoenn and has been beaten up by Trainers using Mega-Manectric and Manectric's in general as such He must solo all Pokemon (And their Pre-Evo's) that received Mega-Evolutions. It may evolve once it solo's Wattson's Manectric and Electrike to prove that it is strong enough(You cannot obtain Wailmer before this so it doesn't interfere with that challenge) despite the disadvantage.
Good luck

Hydrattler, take Backwards the Absol. This Absol is backwards, so believes his SpA is higher than his Attack, so only use specially based moves. He also likes status moves that arent toxiz/doubleteam/protect for whatever reason, so give him one of those by the time he reaches the E4 and use it at least once in every fight he participates in. He can also never lead your party. Naturally, it must have Pressure as its ability.

As a side restriction, it must appear in every gym battle that isn't being solo'd by another mon, once you obtain it.

Hydrattler — You get Bliss the Skarmory. This Skarm is familiar with the SkarmBliss core from former gens, but doesn't remember exactly how it works. In fact, it's so confused that it believes that it's the special wall and Blissey's the physical wall. Thus, it cannot switch out against Pokémon whose types were Special in Gen 3.
Additionally, it cannot harm any Normal-types for fear that Blissey might be watching. Finally, falsely convinced that Blissey is weak to Ghost, this Skarm must solo Phoebe.

Take Mac the Shroomish. To be allowed to evolve Mac must solo Brawly. Once evolved into a Breloom this is where the challenge gets tricky. 1) Mac can only use Sky Uppercut against fighting types.2) Mac must defeat 1 of every trainer owened fighting type you battle against that is taller than 3'11" (Hariyama, Machoke, Machamp, Medicham & Heracross). Note: Mac does not fight them if it will interrupt someone else's solo. Once this achieved Mac may now use Sky Uppercut on any opponent. 3) Mac's final challenge is to defeat Wallace's final Pokemon and take the championship prize.

Last edited:
Hydrattler, take Blubber the Wailmer. Blubber believes that his thick blubber will protect him from electric type attacks and therefore is not afraid of said attacks, so Rubber must always fight Electric type Pokemon. Blubber may also not be used in battle while surfing and diving as he wants to keep you afloat (which makes sense considering you're holding on to one in the surfing sprite). To evolve into Wailord, Blubber must solo 10 electric types. Just let me know if you want me to modify the challenge at all.

Could I please get a Pokemon or 2 for X So I can begin.
-No Starter
Feel free to suggest several As I want to get started, It's been a week since my request and I'm yet to get one (Excluding my mate)...

Hydrattler
Take Megatric the Electrike
Megatric has traveled from Kalos to Hoenn and has been beaten up by Trainers using Mega-Manectric and Manectric's in general as such He must solo all Pokemon (And their Pre-Evo's) that received Mega-Evolutions. It may evolve once it solo's Wattson's Manectric and Electrike to prove that it is strong enough(You cannot obtain Wailmer before this so it doesn't interfere with that challenge) despite the disadvantage.
Good luck

Organization Member XIV
Take Arriba (Speedy Gonzales) the Scraggy
Arriba Has always loved going being faster than his opponent, he is prepared to do anything to do so, as such must be taught Low Sweep as soon as you obtain it in the tower of Mastery. He must used LS until he out speeds his opponent in every battle he is in, but due to Fairies knowing his secret He must never Battle them and runs away whenever he encounters the problem.
Arriba may evolve once he sweeps the Psychic Gym leader as he discovers he is immune to their sorcery.

Could I please get a Pokemon or 2 for X So I can begin.
-No Starter
Feel free to suggest several As I want to get started, It's been a week since my request and I'm yet to get one (Excluding my mate)...
Okay Misunderstood Tyranitar, you get Jet the Fletchling.
After hearing about the ability Gale Wings, Jet is completely obsessed with Speed, to reflect this Jet must know (as soon as possible): one priority move (basically Quick Attack), a move that boosts the speed stat (if it has a chance to boost speed (not sure if such a move can be learnt by it though) it counts), and a Flying-type move (because it wants Gale Wings so bad). You cannot use items on it when it is the active Pokemon in battle, because that'll just slow it down.

Good luck; have fun.
This is my first scramblemon in a long time, so tell me if this sounds too hard. Speaking from experience, I actually quite like challenges that restrict move sets, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

I'll use this post as a hub for the challenges.

Take Arriba (Speedy Gonzales) the Scraggy
Arriba Has always loved going being faster than his opponent, he is prepared to do anything to do so, as such must be taught Low Sweep as soon as you obtain it in the tower of Mastery. He must used LS until he out speeds his opponent in every battle he is in, but due to Fairies knowing his secret He must never Battle them and runs away whenever he encounters the problem.
Arriba may evolve once he sweeps the Psychic Gym leader as he discovers he is immune to their sorcery.

Take Angry the Flabébé. Angry is an outcast in Flabébé society, as he is always agressive. Therefore, Angry is not willing to use non-damaging moves. It must be caught in a Premier Ball. It can only evolve after it has soloed 15 Flabébé's of its level or higher. If it is in while a friend dies, it gets very unhappy and must gain vengeance, soloing the remaining team (Yes, I know this is only in double battles). Every time it faints, you have to prove that you are worthy of being its trainer by going up a rank in the Battle Chateau. It must solo at least one trainer every route you go on. It refuses to be anything but first in your party. (Which means you'll have to suicide it when trying to solo with a different Pokemon.) It must also solo the Fairy gym. If you catch Xerneas, it becomes angry, so you must release Xerneas and kill twelve fairies of level 50 or higher without using items or going to a pokemon center, to prove that it's your favorite fairy. On the other hand, if you kill Xerneas, it gets mad that you comitted such a horrible crime and you must kill all the remaining fairies in the Battle Chateau. (Which means beating the Chateau, as Grand Duchess Daintha (Yes, the same Diantha who is the Champion) has a Gardevoir.) Lastly, it has bad memories of Victory Road as that was where he was exiled. Therefore, you cannot take it on Victory Road and you have to get it back via PC after going through the road.
Anytime you fail to complete one of the requirements, you must reset to before the quest-in question started and try again. Alternatively, you can dot do the quest, but Angry will not fight for you.

You get Wizzrobe the Fennekin, based on the enemy from Wind Waker. Its special trait is summoning fireballs, so it must have two Fire STAB moves as soon as it can, at all times. Additionally, it is under the impression that it is a bird rather than a fox, so it cannot harm any bird Pokémon.
Fletchling line, Pidgey line, Psyduck line, Farfetch'd, Doduo line, Ducklett line, Spritzee line (they have bird-like masks at least), Wingull line, Taillow line, Hawlucha, Starly line, Chatot, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Murkrow line, Delibird, Spearow line, Skarmory, Hoothoot line, Swablu line, Yveltal
Also, dead set to kill the Hero of Time, Link himself, Wizzrobe must switch in on anything green that does not conflict with other challenges and stay in until either it or its target dies. As a final restriction, for the reason mentioned before, it must solo Wikstrom, who is as hero-like as they come.

I'll give you one.

EDIT: Take Reverse Mode the Inkay.

Inkay likes doing everything in reverse. Thus, once you catch it, it must have Contrary. Run through all the routes you have been through in reverse without jumping off ledges. Stop using the Roller Skates after Santalune City. Once you get back to Vaniville Town, it feels that it needs to go backwards some more. It likes Inverse battles, mostly because he has no weaknesses in Inverse battles. Thus, he may only evolve after soloing 8 trainer-owned Bug-types and 4 trainer-owned Fairy-types. He also is able to convince Angry somehow to be backward, so while doing any of its solos, you may put Angry at the back of your party, but he must stay there for the rest of that battle. Once you evolve, Malamar likes being backward even more, and must solo the Inverse Battle house once every day that you play. If Malamar is able to is able to solo the entire Victory Road on its first try without using other mons as healfodder, it finally starts to recognize its true typing. If you are able to solo Victory Road on your first try, after you get your eighth badge, stop soloing the Inverse House. Then, it must not fight any Bug or Fairy types. If you are unable to solo Valerie on your first try, solo all of the Bug-types and Fairy-types in the Elite Four and Champion.

Reserving for Organization Member XIV

Edit: Here's my chance for revenge after you made me solo Sidney with a Gardevoir, and a Bayleef that had to solo Bugsy.

Take Briggs the Bergmite.
Briggs is very proud of his physically defensive stats, even putting the mighty Skarmory to shame, unfortunately, he didn't get the memo: ice is the worst defensive typing in the game.

To evolve, Bergmite must defeat all of Team Flare in the Frost Cavern, failing this, buy as many Ultra Balls as you can and toss them, Briggs may now evolve. Now, as an Avalugg, he reads his Pokedex entry and sees that his body is as hard as steel, so he now assumes he is an Ice/Steel type. So he must always switch out against Fire or Fighting types.

Assuming that this makes him an almost unstoppable wall, Briggs must solo the water e4 member. (I don't remember his name, also tell him Pokemon Battles are not art, it makes him mad.) Choose one of his Pokemon, that Pokemon must only be defeated through passive damage, because Briggs is a wall, not an attacker.

One final restriction: Briggs must know Recover ASAP and a move that causes passive damge (e.g. Toxic/Hail/etc.).

GL;HF.

Take PLSPLSPLS the Bunnelby. This Bunnelby wants things done NOW. LIKE RIGHT NOW. He must always lead battle with Quick Attack, with no exceptions. He wants to be the fastest thing in the world - so why not beat lightning? He must solo the Electric Gym. This may sound easy, but he's not really the down-to-earth type. He also doesn't want to become ugly and fat. Because that's just wrong, man. PLSPLSPLS may not know any Ground-type moves. And finally, this little Bunnelby is very envious of those various things that make walking a thing of the past. They could help him go even faster! As such, PLSPLSPLS must always be in the front of your party whenever you are using the Roller Skates/Bicycle, provided it does not conflict with other challenges.

Last edited:
Hydrattler, take Backwards the Absol. This Absol is backwards, so believes his SpA is higher than his Attack, so only use specially based moves. He also likes moves that lower his stats for whatever reason, so give him one of those by the time he reaches the E4 and use it at least once in every fight he participates in. He can also never lead your party. Naturally, it must have Pressure as its ability.

As a side restriction, it must appear in every gym battle that isn't being solo'd by another mon, once you obtain it.

Organization Member XIV, take Angry the Flabébé. Angry is an outcast in Flabébé society, as he is always agressive. Therefore, Angry is not willing to use non-damaging moves. It must be caught in a Premier Ball. It can only evolve after it has soloed 15 Flabébé's of its level or higher. If it is in while a friend dies, it gets very unhappy and must gain vengeance, soloing the remaining team (Yes, I know this is only in double battles). Every time it faints, you have to prove that you are worthy of being its trainer by going up a rank in the Battle Chateau. It must solo at least one trainer every route you go on. It refuses to be anything but first in your party. (Which means you'll have to suicide it when trying to solo with a different Pokemon.) It must also solo the Fairy gym. If you catch Xerneas, it becomes angry, so you must release Xerneas and kill twelve fairies of level 50 or higher without using items or going to a pokemon center, to prove that it's your favorite fairy. On the other hand, if you kill Xerneas, it gets mad that you comitted such a horrible crime and you must kill all the remaining fairies in the Battle Chateau. (Which means beating the Chateau, as Grand Duchess Daintha (Yes, the same Diantha who is the Champion) has a Gardevoir.) Lastly, it has bad memories of Victory Road as that was where he was exiled. Therefore, you cannot take it on Victory Road and you have to get it back via PC after going through the road.
Anytime you fail to complete one of the requirements, you must reset to before the quest-in question started and try again. Alternatively, you can not do the quest, but Angry will not fight for you.

Last edited:
Provisionally accepted Starwarsfan. However, there is one thing. There are no pokemon in the game higher than level 70, so can you lower the level cap if i catch Xerneas to like 50 or 60 so i can actually do the challenge? Thanks a bunch for the challenge though.

Last edited:
Provisionally accepted Starwarsfan. However, there is one thing. There are no pokemon in the game higher than level 70, so can you lower the level cap if i catch Xerneas to like 50 or 60 so i can actually do the challenge? Thanks a bunch for the challenge though.
Oh whoopsies. Sorry. Just saying though if you want a huge challenge you can make it so that you kill 12 Dittos transformed into 70+ fairies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)