Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the most important things to beat in the 100 base speed tier? I'm messing around with Manaphy but I'm torn between maxing speed and maxing HP. I find without EV investment in HP, she gets 2HKO'd by basically any attacker that's not relying completely on Water, Fire or Ice attackers (which is, like, nothing). I'm wondering if she really does need to have maxed speed or if she could split it to beat certain things, but since there's no OU analysis for her I'm having trouble figuring it out.

In my opinion, it's not worth it. Azumarill and Mawile take neutral damage from the move, and most other Fairies aren't even OHKO'd by the move.

This calc doesn't even take into account defensive investment (which they will have). All of these will annihilate Hydreigon with a Moonblast, so it's your best bet to stick with U-turn so you can get a bit of damage off as you switch out.
That's what I thought. Thanks!

What are the most important things to beat in the 100 base speed tier? I'm messing around with Manaphy but I'm torn between maxing speed and maxing HP. I find without EV investment in HP, she gets 2HKO'd by basically any attacker that's not relying completely on Water, Fire or Ice attackers (which is, like, nothing). I'm wondering if she really does need to have maxed speed or if she could split it to beat certain things, but since there's no OU analysis for her I'm having trouble figuring it out.
Jirachi, Mew, Zapdos, Salamence (Moxie/Scarf, omg) and Celebi are the ones I know has 100 speed and is also used atm on Showdown/PO.

Goodra is a spectacular special wall and Dragon typing is still a beautiful defensive type, even with Fairy running around. Heatran, once it becomes legal (Pokebank), will probably be incredibly useful, because it's one of the only Pokemon that completely walls Talonflame. Trevenant is fairly bulky and can generally straight-up outheal anything that wants to kill it while wearing them down with burn or Toxic.

Aegislash is super tanky but lacks much of a support learnset and appears to be more useful as a revenge killer or for SD setup.

Careful though, there's also some really fine wallbreakers in this generation. Talonflame can punch a hole through just about anything, for example.

Did you trade yours away or something? Absolite isn't version-exclusive.
No I'm just can't get it at this point and time. Please help me if anybody is interested

200 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 282-332 (100 - 117.73%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 276-326 (97.87 - 115.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

200 EVs without rocks, 180 with rocks

and if you're interested

100+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 282-332 (100 - 117.73%) -- guaranteed OHKO
84+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 276-326 (97.87 - 115.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Thanks dude! :)

Max speed is probably the best way to go. It's very difficult to sweep with low speed, and Manaphy isn't quite bulky enough to rely on taking hits. However, if you're concerned with taking hits, you could max Speed and HP because the absurdly high level Tail Glow boosts Special Attack makes investment not the most necessary thing. You could also run Calm Mind, with or without Sub, if you wanted it to be a bulky boosting sweeper.

Max speed is probably the best way to go. It's very difficult to sweep with low speed, and Manaphy isn't quite bulky enough to rely on taking hits. However, if you're concerned with taking hits, you could max Speed and HP because the absurdly high level Tail Glow boosts Special Attack makes investment not the most necessary thing. You could also run Calm Mind, with or without Sub, if you wanted it to be a bulky boosting sweeper.
Yeah, I've been running calcs on +3 0 SpA attacks and been surprised to learn that there's basically no difference from +3 252 SpA - I haven't actually found anything yet that goes from a notable OHKO to 2HKO or 2HKO to 3HKO. Just goes to show how stupidly overpowered Tail Glow is.

is bulk up chestnaught a good set? if it is, can you please tell me how it should be run? (show me its best BU set)

What are the plain and simple strongest spammable moves against neutral targets in OU? By "spammable" I mean there is not even one turn of set-up such as SD.

Some ideas on the physical side:
MegaMedicham HJK
CB Haxorus Outrage
CB Tyrantrum Head Smash
CB Crawdaunt Waterfall
etc

Some ideas on the special side:
Specs Ninetales Fire Blast
Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor
MegaAlakazam Psychic
Specs Heatran Eruption
etc

The above are only ideas... I know I'm wrong but those are just things I thought of off the top of my head. Obviously band and specs will always be stronger than LO but a list of a few LO attackers would be nice to. Maybe someone has compiled a script or listed out these tiers in a thread somewhere before?

How many Speed IVs is typically recommended to run on Mega Mawile? I looked in the Mawile thread, but could not come up with a definitive answer.

Basically, I want to make sure I atleast outspeed common WoW'ers (barring Rotom) that may put 4 EV's into Speed.

What are the plain and simple strongest spammable moves against neutral targets in OU? By "spammable" I mean there is not even one turn of set-up such as SD.

Some ideas on the physical side:
MegaMedicham HJK
CB Haxorus Outrage
CB Tyrantrum Head Smash
CB Crawdaunt Waterfall
etc

Some ideas on the special side:
Specs Ninetales Fire Blast
Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor
MegaAlakazam Psychic
Specs Heatran Eruption
etc

The above are only ideas... I know I'm wrong but those are just things I thought of off the top of my head. Obviously band and specs will always be stronger than LO but a list of a few LO attackers would be nice to. Maybe someone has compiled a script or listed out these tiers in a thread somewhere before?
A number of the moves you picked aren't really spammable per say, some of them have some serious drawbacks to them, like Haxorus' Outrage locking it in and Tyrantrum's Head Smash doing tons of recoil (until Rock Head is released, anyways), and you can't really spam Draco Meteor because of that Sp Attack drop.

Spammable for me means a move that you can toss out there if you aren't sure what to do with yourself.

I'm thinking more like
CB Azumarill Waterfall / Play Rough
Aegislash Shadow Ball
Scizor U-Turn
Char-Y Fire Blast
Mega-Kanga Return
Garchomp Earthquake
Greninja Hydro Pump

And so on.

^the only moves I would discount are things like hyper beam and explosion, otherwise pretty much everything is fair game. Obviously the strongest pokemon in the game have drawbacks such as speed or choice lock, but I'm seriously only questioning, what are the just straight up strongest moves+pokemon+ability+item combinations in the game (assuming a neutral hit)

Looking for a Dragon as part of a sun team, and due to using Y-zard as my sun setter I'm dead set on using one that's not weak to stealth rock, hence taking Dnite out of the picture. The logical conclusion is to use Garchomp, but I've thought of an alternative: Choice scarf Flygon.

Sure, flygon is inferior in pretty much every way, but I was wondering if it's access to U-turn might just make it worth the power difference. Since my team is focused on being hyper offensive in the sun, momentum is important, hence I want to use a Voltturn core. I have Specs Heliolisk as a volt switch user, so I was thinking that Flygon is the way to go.

What do you guys think? Is it better to use Flygon over Garchomp in this case?

Serebii says that Krookodile is getting Me First as an egg move. Considering that would be his only priority move, is that a viable option for this croc?

Where can the new and confirmed mechanics of critical hits be found ? Especially the change of crit rate and attacks like focus energy.
Not sure there's one post that lists them all, but the Mechanics Research thread and the Critical Hits thread should have all the mechanics somewhere in them. I think this is all the crit info:

+0: 6.25% chance
+1: 12.5% (I think. Odd that it would jump right after this.)
+2: 50%
+3: 100%

Things that give boosts:
+1: High crit moves, Super Luck, Scope Lens
+2: Focus Energy, Stick

Crit modifier: x1.5 damage

So Focus Energy+Scope Lens, Stick+a high crit move on Farfetch'd, and Super Luck+Scope Lens+a high crit move will always crit and give 50% bonus damage.

That's what I found on Serebii, but the difference between +1 and +2 was a little bit weird, so I wanted to be sure. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

What process do I need to go through to get a new Pokemon thread started here? I don't have sufficient privileges to post, apparently.

Hello folks. Does anyone know of a tool that can show you the coverage achieved by your party's movesets? Ideally this tool would be up to date with x and y. This would help with planing movesets for an entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)