5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It's just one of the several DS parameters that is used when the game generates the seed. Beyond that, I really have no clue what it is. Kinda just a magical number that's never what you want it to be haha. It varies, but it's usual to have only 1 or 2 Timer0's in B/W and ~5 (or more) in B/W 2. So it's not unusual for it to be wrong a lot. There will be one that's more common than the rest though, and that's the one you want to aim for. It's worth trying every seed several times before moving onto the next though, since it's not going to be like 1 seed works every time, and the others never. People have more luck getting the right one by using a timer (so you can start the game at the same time consistently), but beyond that there's nothing you can do except to hope.
Thanks, I'll stick with one seed then and keep trying it out. How can I find what Timer0 occurs more often? When I found my DS parameters, my range only included one value.

Thanks, I'll stick with one seed then and keep trying it out. How can I find what Timer0 occurs more often? When I found my DS parameters, my range only included one value.
Is recomended that you calibrate at least 30 times (yes, that much) to find which are your commons Timer0's.

At Terrakion, in W2, I tried to disable the only moving NPC by battling it, but I forgot that I had to make him walk towards me. So that didn't work, but he seems to be looking around regularly, so does that advance the PID frame? If yes, how can I compensate for it? Because unlike cobalion's route there is only one moving NPC there so I'd like to give this a try.

At Terrakion, in W2, I tried to disable the only moving NPC by battling it, but I forgot that I had to make him walk towards me. So that didn't work, but he seems to be looking around regularly, so does that advance the PID frame? If yes, how can I compensate for it? Because unlike cobalion's route there is only one moving NPC there so I'd like to give this a try.
If you can see em when standing next to terrakion, then you can easily chatot up to ~target-10, wait for em to move once, then quickly spinner test the remaining few frames. Just like how you avoid being seen by em, waiting until he makes a move will typically give you plenty of time before his moving again

Not w
What do you mean? You can't see them while Chatot flipping in the menu.
hile chatoting.
Say, ur target is 100 and initial is 50. Chatot 40 times and return to the overworld--
if Now you can see him, you'd be able to wait until he made a move, and then take the opportunity to save. If not though, it'd come down to luck.

I've been trying to RNG for the past hour or so using the Elygem (looking for a Jolly Synchronize one) on the top floor of Celestial Tower in Black 2. I've been using the PPRNG, and haven't gotten any success, despite me being confident I have hit the frame at least ten times.

I've checked out adjacent frames, and I think I've found the one I ended up with, but I'm not sure how I ended up with it-the time is exactly the same as the one I aimed for, as well as the frame (I got frustrated after trying so many times, so I chose the one where the desired pokemon was the first frame). Can somebody inform me as to what I did wrong, or what I should do in order for it to work?
For reference, this is what I was aiming for:

And this is the pokemon I got:

I've been trying to RNG for the past hour or so using the Elygem (looking for a Jolly Synchronize one) on the top floor of Celestial Tower in Black 2. I've been using the PPRNG, and haven't gotten any success, despite me being confident I have hit the frame at least ten times.

I've checked out adjacent frames, and I think I've found the one I ended up with, but I'm not sure how I ended up with it-the time is exactly the same as the one I aimed for, as well as the frame (I got frustrated after trying so many times, so I chose the one where the desired pokemon was the first frame). Can somebody inform me as to what I did wrong, or what I should do in order for it to work?
For reference, this is what I was aiming for:

And this is the pokemon I got:
timer0. Solution: Chatot test or save spinner test.

1107 is the timer0 for my target seed, so yes. My problem is that somehow I didn't hit the correct timer0 and initial frame despite my timing being correct, and I'm not sure why.
Because this is wat timer0s do: add a layer of uncontrollable variation to the rng. Afaik there isnt a certain way to target for a particular timer0, so youd always need to test if you hit the correct one, by either of the two tests i mentioned above.

Because this is wat timer0s do: add a layer of uncontrollable variation to the rng. Afaik there isnt a certain way to target for a particular timer0, so youd always need to test if you hit the correct one, by either of the two tests i mentioned above.
Oh, that explains what I was doing wrong-I didn't test for a certain timer0. So the one you get is randomized, then?
What are the two tests you mentioned, and do they advance the frame at all if you use them?

Oh, that explains what I was doing wrong-I didn't test for a certain timer0. So the one you get is randomized, then?
What are the two tests you mentioned, and do they advance the frame at all if you use them?
Iirc i explained it in a post previous page.
Yes each time you get a result(chatot pitch or pointer direction), the frames advanced by 1.

I'm having some trouble with using the IR Key system and Dream Radar. Using RNG Reporter's Unova Link calibrator (which I assume is functional because it's in the changelog), I'm completely unable to find a single seed through spins even though I was able to produce a profile through IV checking.

RNG Reporter: 9.96.5 Beta
Game: White 2
MAC Address: 0009BFC7366B
Seed: F0E691D11F56B913
Time: 09:27:53 @ 11/30/13

There are two predominant spin patterns:
3-0-7-5-4-0-2-5
6-2-3-1-5-2-0-5

Other:
This data is for a timid 31/19/31/31/31/31 pokemon under 3 IR advancements (spin pattern of: 4-2-3).

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
If you're trying to rng the dream radar, then you'll want to use the researcher to check the spins, not the calibrator. Iirc, the calibrator still doesn't work as of 9.96.5. To quote Kadabrium, "Go to researcher-bwrng-32bithigh>>29, input your seed. The Custom1 column in the list generated should now contain random numbers from 0 to 7." Or, you can follow this guide (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103548132/RNG/Dream Radar RNG Abuse Guide.pdf)

Edit: The fact that you know what spins you are supposed to get though seems to indicate that you are not hitting the right seed, probably as a result of the Timer0.

Iirc i explained it in a post previous page.
Yes each time you get a result(chatot pitch or pointer direction), the frames advanced by 1.
Oh, that helps tremendously.
Does anybody know if there is some equivalent spinchecker test you can use on the PPRNG, or do you have to use the Chatot method (which I'm reluctant to use because I'm not good at differentiating tone)?

What are you trying to RNG from the Dream Radar? The Therians are really simple.

Also, can someone else answer my question as well?

"At Terrakion, in W2, I tried to disable the only moving NPC by battling it, but I forgot that I had to make him walk towards me. So that didn't work, but he seems to be looking around regularly, so does that advance the PID frame? If yes, how can I compensate for it? Because unlike cobalion's route there is only one moving NPC there so I'd like to give this a try."

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
What are you trying to RNG from the Dream Radar? The Therians are really simple.

Also, can someone else answer my question as well?

"At Terrakion, in W2, I tried to disable the only moving NPC by battling it, but I forgot that I had to make him walk towards me. So that didn't work, but he seems to be looking around regularly, so does that advance the PID frame? If yes, how can I compensate for it? Because unlike cobalion's route there is only one moving NPC there so I'd like to give this a try."
If he's moving around regularly, then no he won't advance the PID. In general, you can compensate for NPC's by doing a test capture while using the formula: number of advances = target frame - initial frame. Assuming you hit the right seed, see how many frames you were off by, and then subtract that many from the number of advances you did before.

Is recomended that you calibrate at least 30 times (yes, that much) to find which are your commons Timer0's.
How do I find what Timer0 I'm hitting? After I found my parameters, RNG Reporter told me that my Timer0 range is 167C - 167C. Also, I'm using seeds that are specifically no keypresses.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
How do I find what Timer0 I'm hitting? After I found my parameters, RNG Reporter told me that my Timer0 range is 167C - 167C. Also, I'm using seeds that are specifically no keypresses.
If you go through the recalibration process again, it will show you what Timer0 you got in addition to the seed/time etc (that one result you get in the Parameters Searcher has it listed). Beyond that, there's an adjacent seed tool built into the reporter, but I don't think it's fully functional in the current version iirc. Keypresses shouldn't affect it.

I have a question about Tornadus RNGing in Black. I've already put myself in position to start rnging for a shiny Tornadus by saving inside the woman's house, and every time I start the game, a single season screen appears before I can start moving around. Is this the "season change screen" the onsite RNG guide is referring to, and is it going to be impossible for me to RNG a Tornadus if I'm getting that screen?

Last edited:
I'm having some trouble with using the IR Key system and Dream Radar. Using RNG Reporter's Unova Link calibrator (which I assume is functional because it's in the changelog), I'm completely unable to find a single seed through spins even though I was able to produce a profile through IV checking.

RNG Reporter: 9.96.5 Beta
Game: White 2
MAC Address: 0009BFC7366B
Seed: F0E691D11F56B913
Time: 09:27:53 @ 11/30/13

There are two predominant spin patterns:
3-0-7-5-4-0-2-5
6-2-3-1-5-2-0-5

Other:
This data is for a timid 31/19/31/31/31/31 pokemon under 3 IR advancements (spin pattern of: 4-2-3).
i never succeeded with UL calibrator. Better do it the manual way in the researcher

I have a question about Tornadus RNGing in Black. I've already put myself in position to start rnging for a shiny Tornadus by saving inside the woman's house, and every time I start the game, a single season screen appears before I can start moving around. Is this the "season change screen" the onsite RNG guide is referring to, and is it going to be impossible for me to RNG a Tornadus if I'm getting that screen?
Dont see why. Its not like getting the same season change each trial will affect the advancement pattern in any way, when i tested it

If you go through the recalibration process again, it will show you what Timer0 you got in addition to the seed/time etc (that one result you get in the Parameters Searcher has it listed). Beyond that, there's an adjacent seed tool built into the reporter, but I don't think it's fully functional in the current version iirc. Keypresses shouldn't affect it.
Except getting your timer0 After catching the target isnt gonna help with anything. Its not gonna say increase the chance hitting the right one in the next trial watsoevah.
The reason why pattern tests exist is exactly just to verify your seed Before attempting to catch the target, so you save time by restarting earlier whenever it isnt right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)