A team...with specially defensive Aegislash!

Have you had an urge to randomly try out some weird set you saw that looked kinda cool? Well, that's where the idea for this team came from. I was honestly just scanning the forums out of boredom and decided I wanted to build a team around specially defensive Aegislash. It kinda seemed like a good idea, what with its great special bulk and set of resistances, and it actually turned out to work really well. I'm not a great teambuilder, but so far the team has been doing pretty well on the ladder (not saying much, to be honest), and it's been a lot of fun to use. I've made a few changes here and there, but I'm at the point now that I can't seem to fix any of the major weaknesses without opening up more, so I've kinda hit a wall. This is what I've got so far:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 13 Spd
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Toxic

After gaining so much notoriety as an offensive juggernaut, it seems strange to see a specially defensive Aegislash. Still, this thing has been really fun to use. It makes such a great stop to stuff like Lati@s, Gardevoir, Togekiss, random Psychic-types, pretty much anything that doesn't have a powerful super effective attack for this guy. Heck, even that might not be enough. For instance, Modest Goodra completely fails to 2HKO with Fire Blast after Stealth Rock unless it's holding a boosting item. The combination of King's Shield + Substitute + Toxic does a good job of helping Aegislash wear down bulkier Pokemon, and the frailer ones can be beaten down by Shadow Ball. An uninvested Shadow Ball may not seem like much, but an uninvested Aegislash has nearly the SpA stat of a fully invested Hasty Genesect, so it does well enough. I personally like having lower speed so that I can take as many hits as possible in Shield Form before attacking (especially against opposing Aegislash), but I also prefer to keep a little speed instead of dropping the Spe IVs all the way to 0. Specifically, these Spe IVs let me outrun 4 Spd Azumarill and everything slower so that I can stall them out more effectively with Toxic and SubShield.

P.S. Shiny is mandatory on Aegislash. Seriously, just look at it. Pure awesomeness.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Hippowdon does a lot of what Landorus-T did for the team, with a couple of differences. While it takes physical hits slightly worse, is weaker, and doesn't have the utility of U-turn, Hippowdon does have reliable recovery in Slack Off, which makes it less reliant on Clefable's Wish. Otherwise, Hippowdon plays pretty similarly, switching into a multitude of physical attackers that Mandibuzz can't handle and forcing them out. Slack Off is so key here because it makes Hippowdon a much more reliable Stealth Rock setter and answer to opponents such as Mega Pinsir and Bisharp. Stone Edge > Whirlwind may seem strange, but it's a guaranteed OHKO on Mega Pinsir, and OHKOing that thing (and Talonflame, for that matter) is a lot better than just shuffling it around. Sand Force > Sand Stream might also seem strange, but half of my team is hit by the passive damage, and Mega Venusaur in particular hates Sandstorm since it cuts its Synthesis recovery in half. While the benefit from Sand Force is minimal (it lets Hippowdon do more damage to opposing Tyranitar, I guess), avoiding the unwanted side effects of Sand Stream makes it all worth it.

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Roost
- Roar

By running Moltres > Rotom-W, I was able to solve several problems that the team had. Specifically, Moltres is a full stop to Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, NP Mega Lucario, and CM Clefable, each of which my team struggled against before. It's a real shame that Stealth Rock exists, because otherwise Fire/Flying would be a really cool defensive typing. It comes with 6 resistances to Bug, Fighting, Fire, Steel, Fairy, and Grass, an immunity to Ground, and an immunity to burns, (Toxic) Spikes, and Sticky Web, all at the cost of only 3 weaknesses. Needless to say, as long as I can keep Stealth Rock off the field (not too hard with Mandibuzz's Defog), Moltres tends to be a great defensive Pokemon. I like having Roar in that last slot to phaze out the aforementioned threats before they can do any real damage, and I'm also currently running Will-O-Wisp since burn is such a great status to toss around. However, Toxic does help beat a few things like Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona in last Pokemon situations where I can't phaze them, whereas I would have to PP stall them otherwise. 12 Spe EVs let me beat the fastest of Mega Mawile, whom I can cripple with Will-O-Wisp and who would otherwise be dangerous to this team.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SDef
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt / Toxic / Whirlwind / ASLKDJDHFG

Mandibuzz got good in XY. I just love using this thing on both balanced and defensive teams. Mandibuzz essentially has 3 basic jobs: Defog away hazards, check random physical attackers with its great physical bulk and Foul Play, and tell Aegislash in no uncertain terms to go die in a hole. The only problem I've had is that last slot. Taunt is my favorite so far since it does a great job of stopping opposing hazard setters from setting up any more after I've Defogged them away, and it also makes it easier for Mandibuzz to check SubDisable Gengar, random status move users, etc. I have kinda missed being able to poison things with Toxic and stall them out, though. I've also had times where I wanted Whirlwind to phaze out setup sweepers that I couldn't beat with Foul Play, and Knock Off and U-turn have their uses. I really like specially defensive Mandibuzz, but physically defensive does a better job of taking hits from physical attackers before hitting back with Foul Play.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I underestimated this guy when I first saw him. That's not to say I thought he'd be bad, but I certainly didn't expect Mega Venusaur to be such a great defensive Pokemon and answer to so many threats in this metagame. Just to give a few fun facts about Mega Venusaur, it's a little bulkier on both sides than Celebi, has some of the same key resistances with only two (fairly uncommon) weaknesses, and can hit a good bit harder with its good mixed offensive stats. I've been itching to use HP Fire or Knock Off as both are pretty good moves on Mega Venusaur, but each of the moves I'm already using are pretty important as it is. The EVs are basically designed to hit a jump point in SpD, which gives Mega Venusaur a little more than enough special bulk to survive +2 Mega Lucario's Flash Cannon after Stealth Rock, and the rest is used to boost its physical bulk.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Using this Clefable set has been a really weird experience, mainly because it just feels so weird to have a solid defensive Pokemon like Clefable that gets Magic Guard but isn't using it. Still, Unaware Clefable has been a real cornerstone of this team. There's just so much stuff that should probably sweep me but gets stopped cold by Clefable. Several setup sweepers such as DD Gyarados, SD Garchomp, DD Dragonite, DD Salamence, BU Conkeldurr, BU/SD Talonflame, DD Mega Tyranitar, and BD Azumarill go from being potentially dangerous opponents to complete chumps when Clefable hits the field. Besides shutting down setup sweepers, Clefable offers plenty of team support. Landorus-T and Aegislash lack any form of recovery outside of Leftovers, and Clefable's Wish has done a good job of keeping them alive a lot longer. I personally love Aromatherapy as well since it gives me the freedom to play more recklessly against opponents with status moves knowing that I can remove them later.

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Generally speaking, if I ever need some bulky Pokemon to consistently set down Stealth Rock, I usually turn to Landorus-T. Landorus-T does much of what it did on my BW teams that used it, switching into random physical threats and forcing them out. Since Excadrill and Defog are pretty popular, it has been harder to play stall with multiple hazards, so I decided to just stick with Stealth Rock for this team. So far it's worked out just fine, and Landorus-T thankfully has the bulk and resistances to switch in and set up Stealth Rock multiple times if need be (and it has done so on many occasions). Most of the moves are standard fare, just with Rock Slide > Stone Edge. Either move generally gets the job done in checking Pokemon like Talonflame, and so I prefer the extra accuracy of Rock Slide. Still, the 33% power increase of switching to Stone Edge is hard to ignore (guarantees the OHKO on Mega Pinsir where Rock Slide might fall short), and I've also always been a big fan of HP Ice Landorus-T with Relaxed > Impish, which makes it a much better answer to several Dragons and opposing Landorus-T and Gliscor.
Landorus-T has been swapped for Hippowdon.

Rotom (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Rotom-W is just such a great Pokemon in this metagame since it shuts down several offensive Pokemon like Talonflame, Landorus-I, Greninja, etc. To be perfectly honest, Rotom-W was originally added as an afterthought, but it still functions really nicely. I've been running a specially defensive set mainly for stuff like the aforementioned Greninja and Landorus, but I've been considering running physically defensive instead to give me a better chance against Mega Pinsir, so I'm open to that change. As far as the set itself goes, everything here is standard stuff. I do have to say that even on a defensive team, a slow Volt Switch has been a pretty valuable asset for getting other teammates in safely, whether it be giving Mandibuzz a free Defog, getting Landorus-T in to set up Stealth Rock, or just switching to Clefable to wall some setup sweeper.
Rotom-W has been swapped for Moltres.

---------------------------------------------------​

Even with the new changes, there are a couple of things that still give me a bit of trouble:

Mamoswine: LO variants are annoying without Rotom-W. It never liked taking a Stone Edge or Return, but it could at least switch into its STABs with ease. As it is now, even the weaker Jolly Mamoswine can outspeed and 2HKO everything on this team with its STABs alone. Clefable and Mega Venusaur can usually survive 2 hits at full health, but they get destroyed with Stealth Rock down or if Mamoswine is Adamant. Thankfully, it struggles to OHKO much, so doesn't really sweep easily. Still, I'm probably losing a Pokemon or two trying to bring it down.

Landorus: Moltres usually shuts down Sheer Force Landorus single handedly, but those with Rock Slide destroy Moltres and 2HKO everything else. However, like Mamoswine, it fails to OHKO much, so I can usually bring it down before it sweeps my whole team. I'm just glad that Rock Slide Landorus is pretty rare on the ladder.

There might be another couple of problems here and there, but those are the main ones I've noticed since I updated this team. At the very least, it's weak to a lot fewer common threats than it used to be, and I've felt a lot more confident using it on the ladder ever since the latest changes. If anyone can spot any other weaknesses that need to be fixed, then I'll really appreciate the help!

Last edited:
To solve your Char Y/Volcarona problem I would recommend switching Lando-T with Lando-I with SR, Earth Power, Rock Slide, and Psychic. You already have Mandibuzz to cover most physical threats, and Lando-I might just be useful as you have nothing above the 100 speed tier currently. Switching Rotom for Zapdos might solve your Mega-Pinsir problem. Zapdos has more bulk on both sides and reliable recovery in Roost and isn't scared of Mold Breaker EQ on Pinsir's normal form. If you go with the Specially Defensive variant, it counters Mega-Luc pretty nicely as well. You would be getting rid of your only fire resist though so keep that in mind.

To solve your Char Y/Volcarona problem I would recommend switching Lando-T with Lando-I with SR, Earth Power, Rock Slide, and Psychic. You already have Mandibuzz to cover most physical threats, and Lando-I might just be useful as you have nothing above the 100 speed tier currently. Switching Rotom for Zapdos might solve your Mega-Pinsir problem. Zapdos has more bulk on both sides and reliable recovery in Roost and isn't scared of Mold Breaker EQ on Pinsir's normal form. If you go with the Specially Defensive variant, it counters Mega-Luc pretty nicely as well. You would be getting rid of your only fire resist though so keep that in mind.
Hi awola, and thanks for the rate!

The Landorus > Landorus-T suggestion sounds interesting, but I'm not really sure Landorus fits well with the defensive nature of this team. Also, as much as it may seem that Mandibuzz is enough for the physical side of things, it lacks the key Fighting resist and Rock neutrality that makes Landorus-T such a good switch-in to stuff like Terrakion and Tyranitar (in fact, without Landorus-T, these two can 2HKO my entire team with Choice Band-boosted STABs alone). Landorus would also not prevent QD Volcarona from sweeping once it's set up, although it would handle Mega Charizard Y nicely.

The Zapdos suggestion, on the other hand, seems like a really cool idea. I just ran a few calcs and found that a 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD Calm spread would have just enough special bulk to never be 2HKO'd by Mega Lucario's +2 Flash Cannon, so I can Roost my way back up to full health and beat it with Heat Wave or Thunderbolt. It also has enough physical bulk to always survive Mega Lucario's +2 Close Combat after a switch into Stealth Rock as it Swords Dances followed by a turn of Leftovers, so it's a nearly guaranteed stop to most forms of Mega Lucario. Perhaps something like this?

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]
-Roost
-Toxic

This could work, but as you mentioned, it would also leave me terribly Fire-weak. Maybe I could fit a specially defensive Heatran somewhere? It could work over Landorus-T and take over as the Stealth Rock setter, and it would make a decent answer to Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame if I slap Ancientpower on it. Still, that would make me more weak to the aforementioned Terrakion and Tyranitar, as well as a small handful of other physical attackers. It's definitely something I'll have to test out, though. Thanks!

Okay, so I'm going to go ahead and use my bump for a change update before I let this RMT die. I had a good bit of time to test stuff over the MLK Day break, and this is what I have so far.

I tested out Zapdos > Rotom-W, and while Zapdos performed really well, I couldn't find a suitable change to help with the rampant Fire-type weakness. It did, however, inspire me to try out a similar Pokemon: Moltres. So far I've been trying this set over Rotom-W:

Moltres @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SDef / 12 SpD
Calm Nature
-Flamethrower
-Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
-Roost
-Roar

This set has done a great job of covering pretty much everything that my team had trouble with before. It shuts down Mega Charizard Y with ease and phazes it out. In last Pokemon situations, I can often PP stall it with Roost + Pressure and, at the very least, run it out of Drought turn so that the rest of my team can handle it more easily. Volcarona is similarly shut down and often PP stalled. CM Clefable fails to 2HKO with Moonblast even at +6, and so it's also phazed and/or PP stalled with ease. Nasty Plot Mega Lucario is just dominated completely, and I don't actually need to phaze or PP stall this one, lol. I could run 40 Def EVs to escape the OHKO from Adamant Mega Lucario's +2 Close Combat, but Adamant variants are pretty rare, and I generally have SD variants covered well enough as it is. As I tested this team more and more, I noticed that SD Mega Mawile was a lot more dangerous than I originally thought, so I've set aside 12 Spe EVs to outspeed even the fasted Mega Mawile (as well as uninvested Landorus-T) so that I can burn it before it can hit me (I could just use Flamethrower, but Sucker Punch can OHKO). The main dilemma I've faced with this set is whether to run Will-O-Wisp or Toxic. As I mentioned earlier, I really need Will-O-Wisp to beat Mega Mawile as efficiently as possible. However, Toxic does let me beat a few things like Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona in last Pokemon situations without resorting to PP stall.

There are a couple of small problems I've noticed after testing this change out. It puts me under a lot more pressure to keep Stealth Rock off the field, but given the reliability of Mandibuzz's Defog, this hasn't been a problem probably 90% of the time. It also makes me a bit more weak to LO Mamoswine as I will lack the ability to switch safely into it. However, it can't OHKO much, so it doesn't sweep often. I'm also weaker to those jerk Sheer Force Landorus that run Rock Slide, but thankfully those are far and few between.

As far as the old problems go, I am a bit weaker to Mega Pinsir, but I haven't had as much trouble with it lately as I did at first. Landorus-T generally beats it 1-on-1 since so many people assume I'm a less bulky variant and go for the KO with Return, only to fail and die to Rock Slide. Clefable has also done a decent job of stalling it out of Return PP from time to time so that I can finish it off with Mandibuzz, or just beating it 1-on-1 with Moonblast. Still, it can sweep more easily now than ever, and Bisharp is still a big threat. I've been testing out one more change: Hippowdon > Landorus-T. The set is pretty much a physically defensive set with Earthquake / Slack Off / Stealth Rock / Stone Edge. Unlike Landorus-T, Hippowdon can switch directly into Bisharp without activating Defiant and beat it more effectively. While it takes more damage from Mega Pinsir's Return, its access to reliable recovery gives it a better shot at staying at full health to better check Mega Pinsir, whereas Landorus-T relied a lot on Clefable's Wish. That said, I'm using Stone Edge > Whirlwind so that I can actually beat Mega Pinsir (and Talonflame, to a lesser extent) 1-on-1 instead of just phazing it. Running Hippowdon has also made me slightly less LO Mamoswine weak since it removes one more thing that Mamoswine can OHKO, while Hippowdon can at least do something back with Earthquake. I'm currently using Sand Force > Sand Stream because, while the extra passive damage and ability to shut down opposing weather is nice, Mega Venusaur hates having its Synthesis recovery cut in half by the Sandstorm, and the extra passive damage on half my team while Sandstorm is up hurts a bit.

The last little change is Mandibuzz's EV spread, now 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe. The original spread was designed to hit a Def jump point with the rest in SpD, but I've never really found a huge need for those SpD EVs. Running max Def makes it a bit easier to handle stuff like Bisharp, and I've put those last 8 EVs into Spe to beat 4 Spe base 80s. It's pretty situational, but occasionally I can Taunt a Mega Venusaur to keep it from recovering while I try to wear it down with Foul Play, stuff like that.

tl;dr: Changes so far are specially defensive Moltres > Rotom-W, physically defensive Sand Force Hippowdon > Landorus-T, and max Def Mandibuzz > current EV spread (I might update the OP with this later). This has solved the majority of my problems while making me a bit weaker to LO Mamoswine and to the occasional Sheer Force Landorus with Rock Slide. I'm pretty happy with the way the team turned out at this point, but if anyone can suggest anything to make the team better, I'd greatly appreciate it! Like I said at the beginning of this post, I did a lot of testing over the break, but I may not have a ton of time to test over the next week or so due to my school and work schedule. Still, I'll try to test any recommended changes as soon as I can!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hope you don't mind an iCrap rate!

I'm going to be brief: I would swap out Rotom-W for a Rotom-H instead. It can easily beat CharizardY and Pinsir with little to no problems. I recommend trying the physically defensive set to better check said Pinsir and Bisharp too.

Run 92 speed on LandorusT might as well jump Bisharp imo.

Clefable should be switched for Quagsire as it isn't weak to Lucario or Bisharp while also checking the plethora of physical threats you need it to.

I would try fitting Leech Seed on Venu somewhere to make Conk easier with these changes as your slightly more prone but Quagsire, Venu, and Landorus-T can check it well enough. Perhaps use Drill Peck or some flying-stab on Mandi in the last slot if it is that threatening. It should also help vs Rona as I reckon it KOs after SR.

I highly recommend sporting Stockpile on Quagsire to beat Conk and Rona easier, but Toxic should help you stall them out all the same.

Sorry for the iCrap rate and GL!

EDIT: Stone Edge over rock slide helps with Pinsir. Run like 52? Spe Eva on Mandi to outrun defensive wash and defensive ttar and zero investment speed Blastoise.

Last edited:
things and stuff
Hey man, thanks for the rate! I'm sorry to say that the OP was a bit outdated when you made your rate (it's up to date now), so many of the problems I used to have were addressed to some extent. Still, you have some interesting suggestions.

Rotom-H is definitely something I'm going to try. Rotom-H is just a cool Pokemon in general since it shuts down most Genesect ease and, like you said, tackles Mega Charizard Y and Pinsir. Physically defensive sounds good, but I'll probably run a bit more mixed EV spread. 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SDef Bold is what I have in mind. It hits a jump point in Def, which is still enough physical bulk to survive Mega Pinsir's +2 Return, and the rest is used to increase it's special bulk, which lets Rotom-H take two Sun-boosted Fire Blasts from Mega Charizard Y from full health.

Extra speed on Landorus-T could help, but unfortunately, Bisharp can still OHKO with Sucker Punch since Landorus-T's Intimidate activates Bisharp's Defiant and gives it an Atk boost. This is the main reason I switched to Hippowdon.

I'm also a bit unsure about swapping Clefable with Quagsire. Clefable has been really important to this team not only as an Unaware user, but as a Wish passer and a cleric as well. Quagsire also can't take on Dragons and random Fighting-types like Clefable can, and it actually does worse against SD Mega Lucario (Quagsire takes 57.3 - 68% from Close Combat while Clefable takes only 31.4 - 37.3% from Close Combat and 42.6 - 50.7% from Bullet Punch). It's still worth a shot, I suppose.

Leech Seed on Venusaur could help, even if just for the extra recovery, but I have a hard time finding a good place to put it. I need Giga Drain to better handle Water-types (plus the extra healing is nice) and Earthquake to actually check Mega Lucario. Sludge Bomb is also important for beating down Fairies, prevent opposing Grass-types from getting a free switch, occasionally poisoning something for extra passive damage, and just hitting hard in general, but I guess that'd be the best move to replace.

Drill Peck on Mandibuzz is definitely worth a shot, probably over Taunt. At the very least, it blows the socks off of Volcarona and makes it easier to manhandle a few things like Breloom. 52 Spe EVs sounds good as well. Mandibuzz probably won't be beating Rotom-W 1-on-1, but being able to Roost before it Volt Switches could save Mandibuzz from a tight spot. I'll give it a try and see how it useful it ends up being.

Oh yeah, and if I end up going back to Landorus-T, I'll probably switch to Stone Edge just to guarantee that Mega Pinsir dies. :)

Okay, so thus far I have Rotom-H > Rotom-W (now Moltres), Quagsire > Clefable, Leech Seed > Sludge Bomb on Venusaur, and Drill Peck > Taunt with 52 Spe EVs on Mandibuzz to test. I'll try to give these changes a trial run in the next few days, if not this weekend. Thanks!

Also lol, when I updated the OP a while ago, I accidentally tagged the user "Leftovers." Fixed.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Gibbs, this is a really cool team you have here! SPD Aegislash is a nice pokemon it seems, and I just ran some cool calcs, and I have to say, not even bad. Not to mention that even unboosted Shadow Ball still hits really hard! It seems you have a weakness to things like Mega Char, specifically the X variant if played right (i.e. not megaing up in Hippo's face). Mega Mawile seems to be the biggest threat to you, as it can set up on Clefable (and still hit hard with Play Rough or Iron Head if it runs that) and you cant really do anything about it. It also sets up easily if behind a sub, and even off of Aegislash(granted you can play around it but still - Sub is a nice touch on Aegis btw). Pinsir is also a really bad to face as well as it 2hkoes your entire team behind a boost.

First I would definitely recommend Whirlwind>Taunt. This stops any potential set up sweepers from getting in your face. Having phasing ability also helps rack up SR damage, specifically for common things like Char Y, Volcarona, etc that like to switch into Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz isnt anywhere near fast enough to run Taunt imo, as the most you'll do is stop it only on the switch in. Some things you stop setting up run through you anyway (Mega Luke). I just feel Whirlwind will give you better results, faster. It also stops Mega Mawile from setting up on Mandibuzz which is nice.

Moltres just seems like it puts too much stress on the team, but maybe that is just me. After running calcs and whatnot, it does excellent at its obv. However the thing holding it back is its massive stealth rocks weakness, meaning things like Char Y or Boosted Volcarona can ko it anyway when it switches in. Not to mention that it puts so much stress on Mandibuzz to defog those rocks away. Switching it for Rotom-H does the same thing. Something pretty cool you can do since it seems like you are running a gimmicky ish set throughout the team is to invest 120 speed evs and a Scarf on Rotom-h, so it can beat out Mega Lucario (any variant). It puts it at 357 spe, 2 points above Lucario's 355, and investing the rest in HP and SpD (Calm Nature). Even without investment, Overheat OHKOes. Running Trick also allows you a way to beat out Sweepers, and Rotom's typing allows it to counter Pinsir. The lack of recovery ifyou go with the gimmicky Bulky Scarf idea is handled simply by Clefable. Also, running trick lets you beat Conkelldurr g_G.

Hope I helped with your team, there isnt really much for me to say about it!

Jam For Jesus (Rotom-h) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP/ 136 SpD/ 120 Spe
Calm Nature
0 Atk IVs
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Trick
- Overheat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)