Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellydrum Snorlax, why would you use that in the priority filled gen 6 ou, it's just asking for lax to die.
To be fair:

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Snorlax: 304-358 (58 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's enough to survive it if Sitrus Berry kicks in. Otherwise, Snorlax better hope that the opponent's only priority user is Aegislash.

You have to give the player credit for leading with Scolipede over Ninjask...and take half of that away for having Ninjask on it anyways.

Random Shit volume 36: Shuckle 4 Ubers Edition
-In a metagame where Talonflame and Staraptor run amok, this guy has... Swellow.
-Future Sight Gardevoir.
-Ice Punch M-Mawile. I didn't realize it could learn that.
-Sometimes, you just need a speedy Ice type attacker. Perhaps Weavile would fit that bill. Well, this guy chose Jynx.
-Energy Ball Latios.
-Politoed (yes, people still use it in OU) trying to Toxic a Nidoking.
-Aguav Berry Azumarill. With Play Rough and Focus Blast (and no Huge Power, by the looks of things).
-Psyshock Porygon2.
-Non-mega Aggron with Body Slam.
-A random Hyper Beam Sylveon.
-Furfrou at all is odd, but this one had Headbutt.
-Exposing half your team to Toxic Spikes when you have Roserade waiting in the wings.
-Gliscor vs. ChestoRest Harvest Exeggutor. Said Exeggutor also had Ancient Power, which managed to give it the boost. Despite that, Gliscor won.
-Magical Leaf Roserade.
-Slowest Greninja ever: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-91511685
-Starf Berry Scolipede. It raised its Speed.
-Scyther and Scizor on the same team.
-Bellossom and Carnivine. And the Carnivine ended up winning the battle for that guy, defeating Azumarill with the help of Sleep Powder.
-Gardevoir using Psychic and Scolipede using EQ... on a Bronzong.
-Zygarde EQ'ing a Latios. And on that note, I found a bug where Zygarde's mini sprite is that of Victreebel, for some reason.
-Choice Scarf Infernape. Gotta go fast.
-Doom Desire Jirachi.
-Golem.
-A mono-fire team vs. Arcanine and 5 normal types, including Spinda and a Rollout Miltank that did a lot.

-Energy Ball Latios.
This does have some situational use as a way to check Rotom-W in the event you are running Psychic over Psyshock, and don't want to drop your Sp. Atk with Draco Meteor.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 177-208 (58.2 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I feel like this thread is becoming a lot more of "unorthodox ideas that don't work on most teams", rather than ridiculous things like Specs Machamp or Banded Alakazam.

For example, there is plenty of reason for someone to consider trying Physical Greninja. It has a large Physical movepool, and a decent Atk stat. That player may have needed something very much like Greninja, but needed a physical attacker at the same time.

Last edited:
Turn 5

[person] withdrew Deoxys-Defense!

[person] sent out Lucario!

Tyranitar used Crunch!
It's not very effective... The opposing Lucario lost 25% of its health!
The opposing Lucario's Justified raised its Attack!

The sandstorm subsided.
Turn 6

The opposing Lucario used Earthquake!
It's super effective! Tyranitar lost 65% of its health!

Tyranitar used Earthquake!
A critical hit! It's super effective! The opposing Lucario lost 75% of its health!

The opposing Lucario fainted!

Wat

Heatran could have been Scarfed. The only move we saw it use was Earth Power.

-Bellossom and Carnivine. And the Carnivine ended up winning the battle for that guy, defeating Azumarill with the help of Sleep Powder.
-Doom Desire Jirachi.
-Golem.
Hey now, there's a rule in this thread about simply the presence of a certain Pokémon being inherently not silly as long as it's fully evolved. Unless it has a set that is obviously dumb even by that Pokémon's standards, any particular choice of Pokémon is not grounds for silliness by itself. That means no "lol Bellossom in OU XDDDD" nonsense.

Also, Psychic on Gardevoir isn't impossibly dumb. Mega Gardevoir could lure Poison-type physical walls (because they resist Pixilate Hyper Voice and take next to nothing from Psyshock thanks to their insane Defence) that would suddenly find themselves epically owned by Psychic. It's definitely niche, but it might work for certain teams.

Scolipede using EQ on a Bronzong is not entirely stupid. Bronzong also has Heatproof as a possible ability, so it would be a guessing game as to which of the two abilities benefits the opponent's team more. If their team has an overall weakness to Ground, they're probably using Levitate. If their team's overall weakness looks to be Fire, it would most likely instead have Heatproof. It's a guessing game.

Doom Desire has a niche on some teams. It's most often not a good idea, but since Doom Desire and Future Sight are not often seen in OU you might be able to bait your foe into forgetting that you set Doom Desire. Lure in their Fairy-type, and watch it get nuked.

As for Physical Greninja? It has more base Attack than that Life Orb Physical Celebi I use as a one-'mon cleanup crew, and gets STAB on everything. Of course, it also can't take hits ever (the aforementioned Celebi once KOd a Greninja from 80% with Sucker Punch), but you know.

-In a metagame where Talonflame and Staraptor run amok, this guy has... Swellow.
-Future Sight Gardevoir.
-Sometimes, you just need a speedy Ice type attacker. Perhaps Weavile would fit that bill. Well, this guy chose Jynx.
-Energy Ball Latios.
-Aguav Berry Azumarill. With Play Rough and Focus Blast (and no Huge Power, by the looks of things).
-Psyshock Porygon2.
-Exposing half your team to Toxic Spikes when you have Roserade waiting in the wings.
-Gliscor vs. ChestoRest Harvest Exeggutor. Said Exeggutor also had Ancient Power, which managed to give it the boost. Despite that, Gliscor won.
-Magical Leaf Roserade.
-Zygarde EQ'ing a Latios. And on that note, I found a bug where Zygarde's mini sprite is that of Victreebel, for some reason.
-Doom Desire Jirachi.
-Golem.
-A mono-fire team vs. Arcanine and 5 normal types, including Spinda and a Rollout Miltank that did a lot.
What the hell are you on, Politoed is still an awesome pokemon, even with the rain Nerf.

So I don't have a replay, but one time I fought a Mega Pinsir that didn't use any moves other than Swords Dance and X-Scissor. It took out five of my 'mons (I thought it had Quick Attack and/or Return, and was choosing my switches based on things I vaguely hoped could survive them) before my Mega Heracross survived a +6 X-Scissor (yes, I somehow let it get to +6, don't remember how that happened either) and KO'd back with Rock Blast.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I don't have a replay, but one time I fought a Mega Pinsir that didn't use any moves other than Swords Dance and X-Scissor. It took out five of my 'mons (I thought it had Quick Attack and/or Return, and was choosing my switches based on things I vaguely hoped could survive them) before my Mega Heracross survived a +6 X-Scissor (yes, I somehow let it get to +6, don't remember how that happened either) and KO'd back with Rock Blast.
+6 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 3508-4132 (963.7 - 1135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What a missed opportunity for him :P
-Future Sight Gardevoir.
-Energy Ball Latios.
-Psyshock Porygon2.
-Magical Leaf Roserade.
-Doom Desire Jirachi.
-Golem.
Just my thoughts:
* Ice Punch from Mega Mawile hits Landorus-T and Gliscor HARD.
* If you want a fast special Ice attacker, Jynx is where it's at. Don't let the BL3 label throw you off.
* Energy ball can be used for Azumarill
* On Roserade, Magical Leaf has the same BP as Energy Ball. I'm not sure if flawless accuracy is worth losing the Sp. D. drop, but it's viable.
* Scarf Heatran is good
* Scarf Infernape is a good decent scout
* Assault vest Golem is under appreciated
* What FlameUser64 said

-Future Sight Gardevoir.
-Energy Ball Latios.
-Psyshock Porygon2.
-Magical Leaf Roserade.
-Doom Desire Jirachi.
-Golem.
Doom desire and future sight are awesome. They put alot of pressure on the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)