Pokémon Diancie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I really like the idea of using this thing as a defensive pivot, possibly with Assault Vest.

Diancie @Assault Vest / Leftovers
Clear Body
Relaxed 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
-Diamond Storm
-Moon Blast
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Filler / Stealth Rock (if Lefties)

Since we're all talking about possible sets, check the OP, I've already posted six. If you have any suggestions about EVs or Moves, please feel free to leave them!

Is there an official date when this will be released? It might be the same as the movie "Diance and The Cocoon of Destruction" or whatever. I'm just going to call it Yvetal vs the boy who lived.

Speaking of set suggestions, FurryGah already touched on one thought I've been throwing around: physically defensive Assault Vest instead of specially defensive. While I've only done a few calcs testing the special side, Diancie reaches over 500 S.Def uninvested with Assault Vest, so she should be able to tank neutral hits well enough for her to do her thing. Meanwhile, the physical investment + possible Diamond Storm boosts ensures that Diance isn't totally helpless against physical threats (though an alarming number of top-tier Pokemon can still break through her defenses or even force a 1-for-1 trade when all is said and done).

I am really excited for this cute thing. Assault Vest set seems like it'd be a lot of fun, and it has a cool sig move. Too bad it's physical and not special. I am hoping that Serebii is wrong about Power Gem, and Play Rough becomes a tutor move, and Diancie might get Earth Power, also. If Diancie does get Power Gem, that, Moonblast and Earth Power (if it gets this, also) would be fantastic coverage. If Diancie doesn't get Ancient Power, though it will definitely have Ancient Power. (Though, I bet Diamond Storm will be stronger, even on a Specs set.)

GameFreak better not troll this cute thing!!

EDIT: Since we're theorymoning about event moves, what if it gets Wish? That could be really cool.

Last edited:
Speaking of set suggestions, FurryGah already touched on one thought I've been throwing around: physically defensive Assault Vest instead of specially defensive. While I've only done a few calcs testing the special side, Diancie reaches over 500 S.Def uninvested with Assault Vest, so she should be able to tank neutral hits well enough for her to do her thing. Meanwhile, the physical investment + possible Diamond Storm boosts ensures that Diance isn't totally helpless against physical threats (though an alarming number of top-tier Pokemon can still break through her defenses or even force a 1-for-1 trade when all is said and done).
Here's the thing about Physically Defensive Assault Vest Diancie: If it has a Relaxed Nature, it needs a whopping 176 Special Defense IVs to avoid the 2HKO by Mega Charizard-Y's Solar Beam at all times, (if using Sassy it only needs 40, but Relaxed with 84 EVs comes out with 392 Defense and Sassy with 220 comes out with 391, so use Relaxed.) The problem is that you are likely to take prior damage to that anyway, so the only way to effectively combat it is to maximize Special Defense, leaving no room for Physical Defense investment.

EDIT: To make Charizard-Y's Solar Beam a guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock, leaving no possibility for a 2HKO, you need a Sassy nature and 228 Special Defense IVs, leaving only 32 to invest in physical Defense. Unless I get a better suggestion, that is what I will change the OP to reflect.

Last edited:
Ok, so I was not happy with Serebii's testings of no Power Gem, so I went ahead and got a Diancie myself, and...:

nothing ;-;

Well, you guys are all neglecting the fact that it gets Ancient Power.

But is it stronger than 252+ CHOICE SPECS AncientPower?

...I'm sorry, clearly I'm grapsing at strings here.
0 Atk Carbink Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 109-129 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Carbink Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 123-145 (36 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hi

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 220 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 1 Spd
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

OTR lure for Garchomp. Guaranteed to survive a Jolly Garchomp EQ after Stealth Rock (and any weaker SE attack), use Trick Room, and KO in return then just kind of sweeps. Needs Stealth Rock support, Aegislash, Venusaur, and priority gone (easier said than done in this metagame of course), and could definitely use some EV optimization, but it seems pretty damn scary on paper.

hi

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 220 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 1 Spd
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

OTR lure for Garchomp. Guaranteed to survive a Jolly Garchomp EQ after Stealth Rock (and any weaker SE attack), use Trick Room, and KO in return then just kind of sweeps. Needs Stealth Rock support, Aegislash, Venusaur, and priority gone (easier said than done in this metagame of course), and could definitely use some EV optimization, but it seems pretty damn scary on paper.
Hey arctic, I'll update the OP with this set, but could you kindly expelling your particular EV distribution for this set?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey arctic, I'll update the OP with this set, but could you kindly expelling your particular EV distribution for this set?
EDIT: didn't know where to put offenses so I just pumped up Moonblast

Why people say Rock/Fairy is a bad typing? Sure, it could be hurt by Ground and Water moves, which are common, but Steel and grass moves are not that common. And with its amazing defenses it sure can take a Ground/Water/Grass attacks without getting 1hko.

This move + Assault Vest should make Diancie a defensive monster.
Eeyup. Here's the set:

Assault Vest
#########
Move 1: Diamond Storm
Move 2: Moonblast
Move 3: Psychic
Move 4: Explosion/Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD

As seen in OP. Spread allows you to avoid the 2HKO on Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam after Stealth Rock.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Recovery.....

Oh, how this thing would love recovery ;-;

It does come with some nifty moves, and the Bronzong comparison was very nice.

Diancie will always have a niche in OU, basically as a better Carbink.

Also....
Diance has base 50 offenses, not 100...
It has been confirmed as 100, thank goodness.....

Recovery.....

Oh, how this thing would love recovery ;-;

It does come with some nifty moves, and the Bronzong comparison was very nice.

Diancie will always have a niche in OU, basically as a better Carbink.

Also....

It has been confirmed as 100, thank goodness.....
Ah, i thought it was 50. All in all, I think diancie will be a threat to watch for, with those stats. However, a 4x weakness to bullet punch will always put a thorn in it's side...

Eeyup. Here's the set:

Assault Vest
#########
Move 1: Diamond Storm
Move 2: Moonblast
Move 3: Psychic
Move 4: Explosion/Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD

As seen in OP. Spread allows you to avoid the 2HKO on Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam after Stealth Rock.
Diamond Storm is physical right? If only it could learn Play Rough, you could turn it into an amazing physical threat. Play Rough, Diamond Storm, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball @Assault Vest 252HP / 252 Attack / 4 SDef. 0Speed IV

Diamond Storm is physical right? If only it could learn Play Rough, you could turn it into an amazing physical threat. Play Rough, Diamond Storm, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball @Assault Vest 252HP / 252 Attack / 4 SDef. 0Speed IV
You can't use status moves (Stealth Rock) while holding Assault Vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)