Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Mulan15262, although I like the premise, before I accept HateMe I have to ask you to tweak it a bit. Remember, I want the restrictions to make me think, and since a large part of your restrictions involve rolling a die and picking a move accordingly, I just don't see how it will work. Also, if you could try to work the concept of science into it somehow, that would be awesome; remember my theme! :)
Other than that, though, I like it; the RNG requirements just need to be adjusted.

EDIT: Disregard the majority of this post; I can see how this will make me think about choosing a moveset. I'd still love to see some science worked into it, though.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "roll a d[3^n]"? Doesn't the ^ symbol mean "to the power of"?
Yes. Use a RNG or something of the like to generate a random number between 1 and 3^n, inclusive.

It works into science (kind of) by relating to randomness and emotions. If that isn't enough, I'll add some more.
It works into science (kind of) by relating to randomness and emotions. If that isn't enough, I'll add some more.

take Garfield the meowth, Garfield is a trickster with a love for Italian food, he must know thief and another dark type move asap, he must carry a berry at all times also. to evolve he must use thief to steal an item 5 times or solo10 dog Pokémon, when he evolves he realizes his love for food makes it harder to escape from crimes. He now must never have a held item, he must solo the johto dark type elite four member using only thief to prove his worth as a trickster, he must also take down the flute snorlax gl hf! Could you scramble me back?
Accepted, and of course I'll scramble you back!
DestinyGallade, take a Combee, name it Loner. Loner is a rogue insect, with no hive to call home. As such, she is always wandering. You may never use loner in two consecutive battles, as she wanders off to be alone after a battle. As pesticides killed off her previous hive members, she has a fear of man made items; you may only use berries on her. (You may not use TMs either.) After fighting the first gym leader after getting her, she realizes she must overcome her fear to avenge her hive; use five man made items on her, then she can evolve. As a Vespiquen, however, she cannot use her signature moves (attack order, heal order, defend order) due to not having a hive.
Tl;dr:
~Combee named Loner
~Cannot fight in two consecutive battles
~Can only have berries used on her
~To evolve, defeat the next gym leader any use 5 man made items on her
~after evolving, lift the berry only restriction, but cannot use signature moves
Happy scrambling!

Hey guys! Just need 1 more mon for my Emerald Scramble. The facts are below. Also, if anyone wants a 3rd Gen or earlier Scramble, feel free to tag me.

Mons I have:

Take Low the Lotad.

Low has always had a difficult time thinking of himself as very.. good. You see, at a young age he was rejected by Miror B. and his crew of Ludicolo, and ever since then he has wanted to prove that he is just as good as all other Water and Grass Pokémon that he can find. (Solo every Water and Grass Type in the game). One day, Low decided to hunt out a trainer to train him up. He saw you, and wanted you immediately. (You must catch the first MALE Lotad you fine, and on the earliest route possible) Lotad believes that Lombre are horrible dancers, and as such refuses to be one until he can use Mist to shroud his awful dancing from his opponents. (Cannot evolve until he learns Mist at level 21, can't delete it until he evolves into Ludicolo and must use it every time he enters the battle). He is a respectful Pokémon, and he understands that passion is the fire which leads to great dancing. As such, Low does not want to partake in any battles which could douse the flames of passion. (Lotad cannot battle Flannery, Winona, Juan or Glacia) Once Low evolves into Ludicolo he gets a new outlook on life. He sees some Lotad and he decides that no, they are not very good at dancing and he understand more now. (Change Low's name to "High" and make him defeat 5 Lotad). He wants to show off his dancing to everybody (Delete Mist), including Gym Leaders and Admins (Excluding Juan and Glacia, must KO at least on Pokemon on every Gym Leader's or Villainous Admins or Leader's teams). Finally, High really wants to impress Juan with his moves. (Make High solo Juan, no items may be used in-battle except for held items)

Memoric, you can has a Skitty. Its ability must be normali- oh, wait, it can't have normalize in Gen 3. To make up for it, your challenge with skitty is that it can only use normal-type moves. If it knows a move that isn't normal-type, you have to replace it as soon as possible with whatever TMs, HMs, move tutors, etc. that are available to you. Oh, and for it to evolve, it has to be in battle for five enemy ghost-type pokemon deaths. Since all of its moves are normal-type, this is near-impossible on its own. It needs the help of fellow pokemon with access to poisoning/burning attacks, or even just to sit in on a double battle. All you need is for the Skitty to see the death of 5 enemy ghost-types. As a Delcatty, it can finally learn one non-normal-type move...but it has to be Shadow Ball. Good luck!

1. Cannot fight in double battles.
  2. When fighting a Pokemon, it cannot switch out. If it KOes, flip a coin. If heads, stay in and kill the next Pokemon. If tails, switch out. This repeats until he has to switch out.
  3. Must lead against all Gym Leaders.
  4. To be eligible of evolution, he must able to sweep at least 7 Trainers with at least 3 Pokemon without switching out.
  5. As a Linoone, it must share all EXP it gets. Rule one is now over and done.
  6. Must solo Maxie or Archie. Rule 2 is ignored during this process.

~Hipster the Ralts
~May never know a Psychic type move
~Must always know a non-attacking move
~To evolve into Gardevoir, KO 5 pokemon with status (Burn, Poison)
~Solo Wally's Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir
~As Gardevoir, solo all the (mainstream) Gardevoirs.

hmm...right now Memoric has an entire team of early game mons, and two of them are normal type. Let's mix it up a bit.

Memoric, take a Trapinch and name it whatever you want. Actually, don't just take the first Trapinch you find. Go into the desert and wander around for a bit catching a few Trapinch, only stopping when you've caught a Trapinch with a +Attack nature.

You're gonna need that +Attack nature, because this Trapinch is also incapable of evolving. That's right, you're gonna have to make use of that 100 base attack. Good thing I just told you to get yourself a good nature, right? Luckily, Trapinch has a very valuable skill: digging inescapable sand pits. He's so good at it, he can even do it UNDERWATER. Trapinch must lead the party whenever you are in a Dive area. And, of course, Trapinch has a big mouth. Big enough to swallow any amount of water the other guys throw at him. Trapinch must solo one of Juan's pokemon and one of Wallace's pokemon.

Have fun!
Hmmm... I'll give you Pure Swag the Corphish
Pure Swag is extremely passionate about his swag, and so must always know Swagger (Learned from tutor in Slateport). He must use it whenever he faces off against a new Pokemon, to let them know about his swag. He must always hold Blackglasses, and must also always know Knock Off and use it after he uses Swagger(to prevent anyone else from holding a cooler item than him). He likes to show off his surfing skills as well, and so must know Surf at all times, and must also know Facade, to keep up his cool facade. Good luck!

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Pure Swag is extremely passionate about his swag, and so must always know Swagger (Learned from tutor in Slateport). He must use it whenever he faces off against a new Pokemon, to let them know about his swag. He must always hold Blackglasses, and must also always know Knock Off and use it after he uses Swagger(to prevent anyone else from holding a cooler item than him). He likes to show off his surfing skills as well, and so must know Surf at all times, and must also know Facade, to keep up his cool facade. Good luck!
Well, accepted!

Now, I have a full team of mons. Gonna start the run tomorrow or the day after. If it's allowed, I'll post some updates here after some significant progress has been done.

Le team:
Take Low the Lotad.

Low has always had a difficult time thinking of himself as very.. good. You see, at a young age he was rejected by Miror B. and his crew of Ludicolo, and ever since then he has wanted to prove that he is just as good as all other Water and Grass Pokémon that he can find. (Solo every Water and Grass Type in the game). One day, Low decided to hunt out a trainer to train him up. He saw you, and wanted you immediately. (You must catch the first MALE Lotad you fine, and on the earliest route possible) Lotad believes that Lombre are horrible dancers, and as such refuses to be one until he can use Mist to shroud his awful dancing from his opponents. (Cannot evolve until he learns Mist at level 21, can't delete it until he evolves into Ludicolo and must use it every time he enters the battle). He is a respectful Pokémon, and he understands that passion is the fire which leads to great dancing. As such, Low does not want to partake in any battles which could douse the flames of passion. (Lotad cannot battle Flannery, Winona, Juan or Glacia) Once Low evolves into Ludicolo he gets a new outlook on life. He sees some Lotad and he decides that no, they are not very good at dancing and he understand more now. (Change Low's name to "High" and make him defeat 5 Lotad). He wants to show off his dancing to everybody (Delete Mist), including Gym Leaders and Admins (Excluding Juan and Glacia, must KO at least on Pokemon on every Gym Leader's or Villainous Admins or Leader's teams). Finally, High really wants to impress Juan with his moves. (Make High solo Juan, no items may be used in-battle except for held items)

Memoric, you can has a Skitty. Its ability must be normali- oh, wait, it can't have normalize in Gen 3. To make up for it, your challenge with skitty is that it can only use normal-type moves. If it knows a move that isn't normal-type, you have to replace it as soon as possible with whatever TMs, HMs, move tutors, etc. that are available to you. Oh, and for it to evolve, it has to be in battle for five enemy ghost-type pokemon deaths. Since all of its moves are normal-type, this is near-impossible on its own. It needs the help of fellow pokemon with access to poisoning/burning attacks, or even just to sit in on a double battle. All you need is for the Skitty to see the death of 5 enemy ghost-types. As a Delcatty, it can finally learn one non-normal-type move...but it has to be Shadow Ball. Good luck!

1. Cannot fight in double battles.
  2. When fighting a Pokemon, it cannot switch out. If it KOes, flip a coin. If heads, stay in and kill the next Pokemon. If tails, switch out. This repeats until he has to switch out.
  3. Must lead against all Gym Leaders.
  4. To be eligible of evolution, he must able to sweep at least 7 Trainers with at least 3 Pokemon without switching out.
  5. As a Linoone, it must share all EXP it gets. Rule one is now over and done.
  6. Must solo Maxie or Archie. Rule 2 is ignored during this process.

~Hipster the Ralts
~May never know a Psychic type move
~Must always know a non-attacking move
~To evolve into Gardevoir, KO 5 pokemon with status (Burn, Poison)
~Solo Wally's Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir
~As Gardevoir, solo all the (mainstream) Gardevoirs.

hmm...right now Memoric has an entire team of early game mons, and two of them are normal type. Let's mix it up a bit.

Memoric, take a Trapinch and name it whatever you want. Actually, don't just take the first Trapinch you find. Go into the desert and wander around for a bit catching a few Trapinch, only stopping when you've caught a Trapinch with a +Attack nature.

You're gonna need that +Attack nature, because this Trapinch is also incapable of evolving. That's right, you're gonna have to make use of that 100 base attack. Good thing I just told you to get yourself a good nature, right? Luckily, Trapinch has a very valuable skill: digging inescapable sand pits. He's so good at it, he can even do it UNDERWATER. Trapinch must lead the party whenever you are in a Dive area. And, of course, Trapinch has a big mouth. Big enough to swallow any amount of water the other guys throw at him. Trapinch must solo one of Juan's pokemon and one of Wallace's pokemon.

Have fun!

Wish me luck guys ^_^
how am I gonna train my Ralts ;-;

DestinyGallade, take a Combee, name it Loner. Loner is a rogue insect, with no hive to call home. As such, she is always wandering. You may never use loner in two consecutive battles, as she wanders off to be alone after a battle. As pesticides killed off her previous hive members, she has a fear of man made items; you may only use berries on her. (You may not use TMs either.) After fighting the first gym leader after getting her, she realizes she must overcome her fear to avenge her hive; use five man made items on her, then she can evolve. As a Vespiquen, however, she cannot use her signature moves (attack order, heal order, defend order) due to not having a hive.
Tl;dr:
~Combee named Loner
~Cannot fight in two consecutive battles
~Can only have berries used on her
~To evolve, defeat the next gym leader any use 5 man made items on her
~after evolving, lift the berry only restriction, but cannot use signature moves
Happy scrambling!

Accepted! Only 2 more for my platinum scramble!

I want to do a scramble of platinum please, I will only accept pokemon that will be traded over if you can give me them (pokegen them if you have to) easy-medium difficulty because it's my first scramble, oh and apart from the starter, please don't give me something everyone uses.

Something easy that not everyone uses, huh? Take a Bronzor. Being a very sturdy pokemon, this one has complete confidence in its bulk and believes it doesn't need anything to help with that. He doesn't believe in "status moves" (he scoffs at the mere thought of using toxic), and has resolved to only use attacking moves. In order to evolve, it needs to become fully confident in its strength, as well, so it has to defeat any one gym-leader's pokemon by using only not-very-effective attacks. Good luck!

Take Dudebro the Floatzel. Dudebro is professional surfer, and that's all he knows. As such, once you get Surf, that is the only move he is able to use.

bach is an inspiring composer who wants to create the most beautiful symphony ever, after he evolves he can only use sound moves, he wants to prove himself to the master preformer fantina so he must solo her mismagious

CJorex , here it is!

CJorex , here it is!
OK, take Smelter the Magmar
Smelter used to work at the Fuego Ironworks, but then suddenly he was retrenched and has been bitter about it ever since. At first he does not have the confidence to use Fire-type attacks, however, if he gets his revenge by soloing the trainers at the Fuego Ironworks, he rebuilds his courage and is ready to smelt as much metal as possible! He must now solo every Steel-type you come across, and must do so using only Lava Plume, because Lava is hotter than any other fire. (Lava Plume is also the only Special fire-type move you are allowed). To evolve into Magmortar, he must solo the entire Canalave gym, including Byron, using only Lava Plume (you are allowed to use the Pokemon Centre only when Lava Plume runs out of PP). When he evolves, he gains his impressive cannons, which he thinks would be a waste not to use, and so he must learn either Flamethrower or Fire Blast. However, he is still only allowed to use Lava Plume against Steel-types, and still must always switch in to beat them.
Also I should add that if he ever loses to a Steel-type (except for Byron's pokemon), he becomes depressed and must defeat 10 wild steel-types without fire-type moves to regain his confidence
Good Luck!

OK, take Smelter the Magmar
Smelter used to work at the Fuego Ironworks, but then suddenly he was retrenched and has been bitter about it ever since. At first he does not have the confidence to use Fire-type attacks, however, if he gets his revenge by soloing the trainers at the Fuego Ironworks, he rebuilds his courage and is ready to smelt as much metal as possible! He must now solo every Steel-type you come across, and must do so using only Lava Plume, because Lava is hotter than any other fire. (Lava Plume is also the only Special fire-type move you are allowed). To evolve into Magmortar, he must solo the entire Canalave gym, including Byron, using only Lava Plume (you are allowed to use the Pokemon Centre only when Lava Plume runs out of PP). When he evolves, he gains his impressive cannons, which he thinks would be a waste not to use, and so he must learn either Flamethrower or Fire Blast. However, he is still only allowed to use Lava Plume against Steel-types, and still must always switch in to beat them.
Also I should add that if he ever loses to a Steel-type (except for Byron's pokemon), he becomes depressed and must defeat 10 wild steel-types without fire-type moves to regain his confidence
Good Luck!
accepted, so he can only use lava plume against steel types correct? As in, could he use lava plume on a leafeon? Anywho, i only need 1 more guys!

It's been too long since I last had a scramble, so I may as well ask for one on Ruby, Easy-mid difficulty. No starter, max 2 Pokemon before the first gym and I do not want to use Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Magikarp, Lileep, Grimer, Volbeat, Illumise, Wurmple, Wailmer or anything used in my Emerald or FireRed scrambles. Also, no trading and I want a complete team by Winona. Also, I'd like a Fire-type and a Pokemon that can use Fly. I want to use some underused mons, and would like a mix of common- and rarely-used pokemon. I think that's all- thanks in advance!

EDIT: First Challange!
Alright, get Bogey the Slugma.
Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.[/hide

Last edited:
I should also add that my last mon needs to be my starter!
Get Ourea the Turtwig.
This Turtwig is all about the glamorous contests. He/she isn't content with just one type of contest, of course. As such, Ourea's moves may never be of the same Contest type (Cool, Cute, Smart, Tough, Beauty). Since this Turtwig aspires to be the very best in terms of contests, it will not use the same move twice in a row, for the sake of practice.
To evolve into Grotle, Ourea must solo Fantina, since she is the very top of the Super Contest food chain.
In order to evolve into Torterra, Ourea must win all five Normal Rank Contests.

This shouldn't be all that bad. Normal Rank is pretty easy. Turtwig's four first moves are all different contest type too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

CJorex: I could hit you with one in a bit.

---

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-414#post-5239582
Mild reminder some Y challanges would be liked.

Get Ourea the Turtwig.
This Turtwig is all about the glamorous contests. He/she isn't content with just one type of contest, of course. As such, Ourea's moves may never be of the same Contest type (Cool, Cute, Smart, Tough, Beauty). Since this Turtwig aspires to be the very best in terms of contests, it will not use the same move twice in a row, for the sake of practice.
To evolve into Grotle, Ourea must solo Fantina, since she is the very top of the Super Contest food chain.

This shouldn't be all that bad. Normal Rank is pretty easy. Turtwig's four first moves are all different contest type too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

CJorex: I could hit you with one in a bit.

---

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-414#post-5239582
Mild reminder some Y challanges would be liked.
accepted! Ill probably start tomorrow and keep yall updated!

I want to do a scramble of platinum please, I will only accept pokemon that will be traded over if you can give me them (pokegen them if you have to) easy-medium difficulty because it's my first scramble, oh and apart from the starter, please don't give me something everyone uses.

Something easy that not everyone uses, huh? Take a Bronzor. Being a very sturdy pokemon, this one has complete confidence in its bulk and believes it doesn't need anything to help with that. He doesn't believe in "status moves" (he scoffs at the mere thought of using toxic), and has resolved to only use attacking moves. In order to evolve, it needs to become fully confident in its strength, as well, so it has to defeat any one gym-leader's pokemon by using only not-very-effective attacks. Good luck!

Take Dudebro the Floatzel. Dudebro is professional surfer, and that's all he knows. As such, once you get Surf, that is the only move he is able to use.

bach is an inspiring composer who wants to create the most beautiful symphony ever, after he evolves he can only use sound moves, he wants to prove himself to the master preformer fantina so he must solo her mismagious

take Smelter the Magmar
Good Luck!

Get Ourea the Turtwig.
Here is the final list! Is there any place in sinnoh where combee can be found? I know where the rest of them are

It's been too long since I last had a scramble, so I may as well ask for one on Ruby, Easy-mid difficulty. No starter, max 2 Pokemon before the first gym, I really want to use Seedot, Spheal, and Phanpy, and do not want to use Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Magikarp, Lileep, Grimer, Volbeat, Illumise, Wurmple, Wailmer or anything used in my Emerald or FireRed scrambles. Also, no trading and I want a complete team by Winona. Also, I'd like a Fire-type and a Pokemon that can use Fly. I want to use some underused mons, and would like a mix of common- and rarely-used pokemon. I think that's all- thanks in advance!
Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.

A fairly simple challange, that might come off as too easy, but sadly, Magcargo is pretty sub-par in itself.

Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.

A fairly simple challange, that might come off as too easy, but sadly, Magcargo is pretty sub-par in itself.
What about Rest? Could he use Rest?

Friendly reminder that I still need two more scramblemons ^^' Link to my scramble is in my siggy. Also if anyone else still needs one lemme know and I'll throh one at 'ya

I'd almost say no, as the negative effect of it can be minimized with the use of items.

If you think the lack of healing is too much to fit the easy-mid difficulty curve, you can go with Rest, I suppose.
OK. Only time I would use it anyway is in the e4 (If it was Emerald I could run RestTalk). Adding to the OP!

Edit: 5 more to go
It's been too long since I last had a scramble, so I may as well ask for one on Ruby, Easy-mid difficulty. No starter, max 2 Pokemon before the first gym and I do not want to use Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Magikarp, Lileep, Grimer, Volbeat, Illumise, Wurmple, Wailmer or anything used in my Emerald or FireRed scrambles. Also, no trading and I want a complete team by Winona. Also, I'd like a Fire-type and a Pokemon that can use Fly. I want to use some underused mons, and would like a mix of common- and rarely-used pokemon. I think that's all- thanks in advance!

EDIT: First Challange!
Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.[/hide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)