Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
That particular Latios set was weird, but mixed Latios isn't completely odd. It can run Earthquake to hit Aegislash, Bisharp and Tyranitar for decent damage, 3 pokemon that can give Latios a lot of trouble.
You forgot about the number 1 Latios check/counter, specially defensive heatran.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-95830741

Where do I even start with this baka's actions?
Firstly: 2 counts of trying to Spore my Cradily...
Knew I had AncientPower, but still BP'd to Volcarona. SR an AP kinda removed it.
I hope he thought I was going to toxic Cloyster, because I sure as hell wasn't when I have Giga Drain!
EQ against a Tyrantrum would be normal right? Not Air Balloon holding ones <.<
I dunno, I found your use of the word "baka" both in this post and in that chat more cringeworthy, but that's just one man's opinion.

Random Shit volume 47: It Might As Well Be Spring Edition
-Dragon Pulse+Draco Meteor Noivern. Redundant STAB is redundant.
-Focus Punch Azumarill without a Substitute or any other way around an opponent's attack.
-An attempt to Toxic a Klefki.
-Poliwrath is unusual enough, but it used Brick Break on Aegislash.
-A Flygon using a resisted Hidden Power against said Poliwrath.
-This is just bad: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-95907020
-Dat Parasect tho: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-95904773
-Well, that's one way to get around Ampharos' speed issues: Cotton Spore.
-Misplays and general stupidity abound here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-95908723
-Dragon Pulse normal Charizard.
-Final Gambit Staraptor. That's not how it's supposed to kill itself, you know.
-A sun team with Rapid Spin Smeargle and a random Swellow.
-Unnerve Haxorus Low Kicking a Conkeldurr (it did all of 25%).
-Giga Drain Flygon, which did even less.
-Mandibuzz without Overcoat.
-Double-Edge M-Venusaur, that was also spamming Leaf Storm on said Mandibuzz.
-Zap Cannon Forretress.
-Special X-Zard.
-Lucario with Focus Blast, which missed twice.
-Scald Feraligatr.
-I would mention the Hone Claws Y-zard, but it actually makes sense with Fire/Focus Blast.
-Attract Ninetales, which forced a ragequit.
-Future Sight+Healing Wish Gardevoir.
-Rain Dance... Crobat?
-Bite Umbreon. It also used Toxic on a Jirachi.
-Um... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-95908346

A gliscor used toxic on my sylveon that was asleep. The same gliscor used poison jab and sludge bomb. And then it tried to toxic my skarmory. Why must his gliscor be so poisonous

I was spectating a battle, and this guy's excadrill used hyper beam... On a staryu...

Last edited:
A gliscor used toxic on my sylveon that was asleep. The same gliscor used poison jab and sludge bomb. And then it tried to toxic my skarmory. Why must his gliscor be so poisonous
The only thing that could have made that Gliscor better is Venoshock.

-Future Sight+Healing Wish Gardevoir.
Not as bad as you might think. I am currently using a dual screens Jirachi with healing wish and doom desire and it is phenomenal at setting up my mega Gyarados and allows me to use said Gyarados to check things like Conkeldurr in the earlier part of a match. I'm sure the Gardevoir was made with similar intentions.

I didn't save the replay, but some guy had the balls to run Mixed Solrock. In OU.

Try this set and 3HKO Moltres:
-Rock Throw
-Flamethrower
-Fireblast
-Solarbeam

Back from the pile of crap that is the 1v1 ladder.

This Azu was SAP SIPPER. Why do noobs find a need to put SwagFusion on anything?!

NO STAB FTW!!

WHO NEEDS STAB WHEN YOU HAVE EQ AND EARTH POWER?

So I was playing a battle, and unfortunately I didn't save the replay. However, here are some highlights of the game

(Remaining anonymous for respect) joined.
Testingstuffs joined.
Format:
OU
Rated battle
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
HP Percentage Mod: HP is reported as percentages
(Anonymous) team:
Donphan / Bulbasaur / Feraligatr / Charizard / Raichu / Gengar
Testingstuffs's team:
Swampert / Reuniclus / Chansey / Scizor / Mandibuzz / Absol
Battle between (Anonymous) and Testingstuffs started!
Go! Raichu!
Testingstuffs sent out Swampert!
Turn 1
Raichu used Thunder!
It doesn't affect the opposing Swampert...

That's one way to not take out swampert...
His gengar used dark pulse, he had scarfed donphan, dragon pulse on feraligator, and the all-powerful Fly on megazard. I'm not sure how to post pictures from my gallery, sorry :/

Why do people take sleep powder on smeargle? i can understand going dark void over spore so you can hit non grass types, but theres no reason for sleep powder that i can see

I didn't save the replay, but some guy had the balls to run Mixed Solrock. In OU.

Try this set and 3HKO Moltres:
-Rock Throw
-Flamethrower
-Fireblast
-Solarbeam
Um… actually, even with a -Atk nature, Rock Throw would 2HKO Moltres. I used Smack Down for the calc, as the damage calculator doesn't even have Rock Throw and they have the same base power. Speaking of, why not just use Smack Down? Same base power and 100% Acc.

0- Atk Solrock Smack Down vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 204-244 (63.3 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So yeah, the only way for Solrock to 3HKO Moltres with Rock Throw is if either Moltres is running physically-defensive, or Moltres is running bulky sweeper and Solrock has no Attack investment and a -Atk nature.

Higher up on the ladder in the 1500 range, a team of 6 set up sweepers featuring;

Mixed Un Mega Evolved Charizard Y, I don't understand the point of not mega evolving but also going for Flare Blitz

A Dragon Dancing Dragonite that was tricked Choice Specs but came back in and went for Dragon Dance.

Rest of the team was Lando trying to set up Thundurus trying to set up, Gyarados trying to set up and Scizor setting up some Defog.

Took the concept of Hyper Offense to a whole other level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)