Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31/x/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-H's decent stats make it an excellent lead and a great revenger/cleaner. Its 8 resistances and 1 immunity let me switch it into a lot of common threats, even with no investment in its defenses or HP. It is able to give threats like Lucario, Aegislash, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, Mawile, and many others a hard time, can generate free turns, disable common physical attackers via WoW and even OHKO Talonflame and Greninja with a single Volt Switch if it's well predicted. With HP Ice it can surprise and sometimes OHKO common threats like Garchomp, Landorus, Gliscor, Salamence, etc. - only Multiscale Dragonite can take 3-4 HP Ice and hit back hard. But it's full potential can be played out against Mega Scizor and Mega Pinsir. However its downsides are 2 common weaknesses (Rock/Water) and the choice of Hidden Power over Trick.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

This is one of Azumarills common sets. Note that I chose 124 Speed-EVs to outspeed many slower threats and make sure that Aqua Jet hit's first against slower priority users. First I ran Belly Drum for Waterfall but then I decided to use Waterfall since there isn't much space for setting up a bellydrum in a fast Metagame like this.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Thick Fat
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

The tank. I chose the EV spread to bring both defenses up to 165 while Mega'd. This thing is incredibly bulky and with Thick Fat it can even take very strong Fire and Ice attacks while having three options to restore HP. Seeding even makes it possible to heal switched-in teammates and is a wonderful move of choice if you predict the enemy to switch in a check or counter. Sadly it isn't perfect, as Flying and Psychic types are able to force a switch or else OHKO or 2HKO it on the spot.

I've found use with a Heatran and Amoonguss defensive core, it's quite hard to break through and if you add something like Rotom-W it could be a FWG core

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I've found use with a Heatran and Amoonguss defensive core, it's quite hard to break through and if you add something like Rotom-W it could be a FWG core
I'm gonna point out that both lose to Sub Kyurem-B. Rotom-W is also beaten. Heatran and Rotom-W are both hit by Earth Power (Teravolt) and Amoonguss is hit by a STAB Ice Beam.

Sub Kyu-B is like an anti-FWG core mon or something D:

I'm gonna point out that both lose to Sub Kyurem-B. Rotom-W is also beaten. Heatran and Rotom-W are both hit by Earth Power (Teravolt) and Amoonguss is hit by a STAB Ice Beam.

Sub Kyu-B is like an anti-FWG core mon or something D:
I haven't actually seen many Sub Kyurem-B, though I just did a calc and Ice beam is a 2HKO at best on Amoonguss so as long as I'm not switching in I should be able to spore it

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Well, just so we're clear, Kyurem-B can easily set up a Substitute (hence, Sub) on anyone on that core. That renders him immune to status such as Sleep from Amoonguss and Will-o-Wisp from Rotom-W. After that, Kyu-B is free to hit the core.

If you're afraid of sub Kyurem, then I would suggest adding CM Clefable to compliment that core. Earth Power, Ice Beam, and Fusion Bolt do measly damage to her while Clefable can set up on Kyu. Other options include Sylveon or Gardevoir (albeit a less consistent switch in) to use their Hyper Voice to bypass Kyurem's sub.

Adding one of those three also starts off the SFD core with you only needing to use a dragon type.

What do you guys think about a Entei-ZardX double Fire core? It works like the double bird core, with ZardX acting as the sweeper while Entei fulfills the role of a wallbreaker/cleaner.

it's time for the PRIORITY TRIO

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Mold Breaker (Aerielate) / Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Swords Dance
Quick Attack
Return
Earthquake

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Multiscale / Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Extreme Speed
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings / Adamant
252 Atk / 170 HP / 88 Spe (I'm still not 100% sure of the correct EV spread here so bear with me)
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Overheat

It's pretty straight forward, get them in and abuse the priority. All 3 function as revenge killers and all 3 function as late game sweepers. One of them is going to die but it doesn't matter, the opponent isn't going to go first anyways. To support these three, it's is mandatory you include a spinner/defogger. I like to add a defensive core with them as well. The opponent cannot set up as these three will bash the opponents face in before he gets to move. It's stupid, it's fun, and it's effective.

I for the most part have used dnite to be the early game hole puncher/revenge killer to allow mega pinsir and talonflame to do the clean up.

it's time for the PRIORITY TRIO

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Mold Breaker (Aerielate) / Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Swords Dance
Quick Attack
Return
Earthquake

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Multiscale / Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Extreme Speed
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings / Adamant
252 Atk / 170 HP / 88 Spe (I'm still not 100% sure of the correct EV spread here so bear with me)
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Overheat

It's pretty straight forward, get them in and abuse the priority. All 3 function as revenge killers and all 3 function as late game sweepers. One of them is going to die but it doesn't matter, the opponent isn't going to go first anyways. To support these three, it's is mandatory you include a spinner/defogger. I like to add a defensive core with them as well. The opponent cannot set up as these three will bash the opponents face in before he gets to move. It's stupid, it's fun, and it's effective.

I for the most part have used dnite to be the early game hole puncher/revenge killer to allow mega pinsir and talonflame to do the clean up.
Stealth Rock says hi. Interesting concept you got going here though.

What do you guys think about a Entei-ZardX double Fire core? It works like the double bird core, with ZardX acting as the sweeper while Entei fulfills the role of a wallbreaker/cleaner.
The main thing I don't like is that it spams fire moves. The best types for spamming are the ones with no immunities, and preferably 4x resists are rare too. That's why dragon traditionally worked so well, and flying works well now. However now with fire something like Heatran or Chandelure won't get worn down a bit by switching into a fire move, and that makes it a lot harder to spam effectively.

The main thing I don't like is that it spams fire moves. The best types for spamming are the ones with no immunities, and preferably 4x resists are rare too. That's why dragon traditionally worked so well, and flying works well now. However now with fire something like Heatran or Chandelure won't get worn down a bit by switching into a fire move, and that makes it a lot harder to spam effectively.
Good thing Dugtrio exists, no?

Anyone knows who will work well with Charizard X?
i think thundurus with t-bolt and grass knot would do this well, beating the various bulky waters (slowbro, quagsire, gastro etc) as well as rhyperior, hippowdon. mega t-tar is probably like the only thing that could wall this.

Mood4food77 said:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings / Adamant
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Overheat
208 Speed outruns Jolly Mega Pinsir iirc. I'm not sure what 88 Speed outruns though.

Anyway, I saw this VoltTurn core in one of the UU threads and after trying it for myself, it has been pretty consistent. Probably not the best one in out there, but if you want to try something other than generic Rotom Wash + something that can learn U-turn core then here lol.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Ice / Grass

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab

Analytic Specs Magnezone and Standard LO Mienshao. They can force switches and gain lots of momentum. I run HP Grass on 'Zone because of all the Swampert and Gastrodon running in UU but HP Ice nails Gliscor and Dragons hard.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 282-332 (87 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Doesn't exactly always OHKO, but come on, it's Multiscale for crying out loud. Mienshao destroys Heatran which otherwise walls Magnezone. It also has that buffed Knock Off to nail Ghosts predicting HJK and knocking off any item off any Pokemon is always good. I'm not too sure about the last moveslot though. Poison Jab hit Fairies hard, but Magnezone could beat Fairies easily anyway so it's a debate between EQ and Stone Miss. The core would work better with support of course. Magnezone appreciates Wish support as he has no form of recovery. Mienshao could use Heal Bell support. And like any VoltTurn core, hazards and hazard support is almost mandatory.

Last edited:
208 Speed outruns Jolly Mega Pinsir iirc. I'm not sure what 88 Speed outruns though.

Anyway, I saw this VoltTurn core in one of the UU threads and after trying it for myself, it has been pretty consistent. Probably not the best one in out there, but if you want to try something other than generic Rotom Wash + something that can learn U-turn core then here lol.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Ice / Grass

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge / Earthquake / Poison Jab

Analytic Specs Magnezone and Standard LO Mienshao. They can force switches and gain lots of momentum. I run HP Grass on 'Zone because of all the Swampert and Gastrodon running in UU but HP Ice nails Gliscor and Dragons hard.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 282-332 (87 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Doesn't exactly always OHKO, but come on, it's Multiscale for crying out loud. Mienshao destroys Heatran which otherwise walls Magnezone. It also has that buffed Knock Off to nail Ghosts predicting HJK and knocking off any item off any Pokemon is always good. I'm not too sure about the last moveslot though. Poison Jab hit Fairies hard, but Magnezone could beat Fairies easily anyway so it's a debate between EQ and Stone Miss. The core would work better with support of course. Magnezone appreciates Wish support as he has no form of recovery. Mienshao could use Heal Bell support. And like any VoltTurn core, hazards and hazard support is almost mandatory.
Last time I checked, Mienshao doesn't get Earthquake. Still, I like the idea of these types of VoltTurn cores, especially ones featuring Magnezone, my favorite Pokemon. Choice Band Flygon is another great partner, considering it resists or is immune to two of Magnezone's weaknesses, while still having all of its weaknesses resisted by Magnezone in return. In addition, Flygon can murder Zygarde, who has been a rather huge threat lately.

Celon said:
Last time I checked, Mienshao doesn't get Earthquake. Still, I like the idea of these types of VoltTurn cores, especially ones featuring Magnezone, my favorite Pokemon. Choice Band Flygon is another great partner, considering it resists or is immune to two of Magnezone's weaknesses, while still having all of its weaknesses resisted by Magnezone in return. In addition, Flygon can murder Zygarde, who has been a rather huge threat lately.
Oh right, it doesn't learn EQ. My bad. Thanks for the heads up! Good point about CB Flygon, though since were in an OU, Scarfchomp would probably be better. I'll definitely try this one out in UU though lol.

Oh right, it doesn't learn EQ. My bad. Thanks for the heads up! Good point about CB Flygon, though since were in an OU, Scarfchomp would probably be better. I'll definitely try this one out in UU though lol.
Actually, ScarfChomp takes away the whole point of VoltTurn, so this more or less is just an UU core. Still, it's a splendid idea.

This threads been pretty empty lately, so I though I'd like to share a core that I've been using recently that has had great success:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- U-turn

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

Gyrados is the main sweeper of this core. If it can get to +2, it's game over. Heatran takes talonflame, ferrothorn, andsablye and wrecks them, allowing a much easier sweep. Celebi, completing the FWG, is a very good revenge killer and status absorber so klefki and other t-wavers cant touch gyrados. This core needs little support and is very effective.

Last edited:
This threads been pretty empty lately, so I though I'd like to share a core that I've been using recently that has had great success:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- U-turn

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

Gyrados is the main sweeper of this core. If it can get to +2, it's game over. Heatran takes talonflame, ferrothorn, andsablye and wrecks them, allowing a much easier sweep. Celebi, completing the FWG, is a very good revenge killer and status absorber so klefki and other t-wavers cant touch gyrados. This core need little support and is very effective.
You know, I was actually considering something like this for awhile. Only difference is that I use a Defensive Heatran and Celebi as opposed to offensive ones. Heatran in particular, as it can set up Stealth Rock to give Gyarados an easier time at mowing through a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)