Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Aerial Ace Dragonite
-Fly
Aerial Ace has a niche on Dragonite is that receives STAB and is a good move to deal with MVenusaur, keldeo, Conkeldurr without "locking" but hasn't got relevant coverage to Dragon STAB.
-There's a special case where Fly is "usable competitevely", M-Aerodactyl. Why? Because it has no good BP Power Flying move and his main STAB (Stone Edge) is not boosted by Tough Claws, while Fly does.

The set is (more UU than OU; though)
Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure > Tough Claws
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Stone Edge.
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Crunch/Hone Claws.

Even though it's silly, I can consider it understandable: Thunder Wave a Rotom (I suppose Rotom-W). The user was used to the pre-Gen VI effect of paralysis.

HP Ice is not used on MCharizard Y because is pitful weak.

Close Combat+Focus Blast+Facade+Aqua Jet Keldeo.
One of the moves is usable in the "free" fourth slot of Keldeo, you know what. The rest are still pure crap.

Mega Charizard Y, with Flamethrower... and Dragon Dance. The combination is usable. Flamethrower is viable (100% accuracy), Dragon Dance has a niche because boost key speed tiers.

Greninja with Night Slash is usable and Extremespeed Linnone is mandatory.

About the rest that i have shown, it's really silly. What is next?

Random Shit volume 58: Page 100 Edition
-Charizard using Fire Punch on Dragonite. To his credit, he did at least wait to mega evolve so he wouldn't eat a SE D-claw.
-SD Skarmory.
-Gengar using Hypnosis on a poisoned Gliscor.
-Aura Sphere+Skull Bash+Iron Defense M-Blastoise.
-Mixed Milotic.
-Physical Alakazam. Only moves I saw were Drain Punch and Thunder Punch.
-Ditto without Imposter.
-Non mega Blastoise with Dragon Pulse.
-Flame Plate Arcanine that never used a STAB move.
-Mixed Flygon. It also used EQ on Azelf.
-Psychic Medicham. Against Cresselia.
-Solar Power Charizard. Is Y-zard not god enough for you? At least there was a Sunny Day Heatran, so it's not entirely terrible. But one thing that was terrible was using Solar Beam in sand.
-Skarmory using Iron Head on Scizor. Since Scizor was at +6, don't you think Whirlwind would have had merit? Especially with 3 Spikes.
-FEAR... Level 100 Staraptor. It worked, at least.
-Body Slam Swampert. Also with Toxic.
-In the hax department, Blissey getting frozen twice. Ironically, it had Ice Beam.
-Power Trick Medicham.
-Volcarona with both Fire Blast and Heat Wave. Enjoy getting walled by Heatran.
-Cloyster using Explosion. After getting burned.
-Magcargo.
-Sceptile used Leaf Blade! It's not very effective... The opposing Breloom lost 14.5% of its health! Sceptile is paralyzed! It may be unable to move! The opposing Breloom used Spore! But it failed!

Final Gambit Blissey does net some unexpected KOs but a team of 6 is just sad
I forgot to mention the guy in BH with 6 Final Gambit Blissey.
And I ran Final Gambit Shedinja at one point (Derp on my part, the 1HP was totally worth it)
Also, the guy with a giga drain breloom. Because drain punch is so overrated.

Aerial Ace has a niche on Dragonite is that receives STAB and is a good move to deal with MVenusaur, keldeo, Conkeldurr without "locking" but hasn't got relevant coverage to Dragon STAB.
-There's a special case where Fly is "usable competitevely", M-Aerodactyl. Why? Because it has no good BP Power Flying move and his main STAB (Stone Edge) is not boosted by Tough Claws, while Fly does.

The set is (more UU than OU; though)
Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure > Tough Claws
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Stone Edge.
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Crunch/Hone Claws.

Even though it's silly, I can consider it understandable: Thunder Wave a Rotom (I suppose Rotom-W). The user was used to the pre-Gen VI effect of paralysis.

HP Ice is not used on MCharizard Y because is pitful weak.

Close Combat+Focus Blast+Facade+Aqua Jet Keldeo.
One of the moves is usable in the "free" fourth slot of Keldeo, you know what. The rest are still pure crap.

Mega Charizard Y, with Flamethrower... and Dragon Dance. The combination is usable. Flamethrower is viable (100% accuracy), Dragon Dance has a niche because boost key speed tiers.

Greninja with Night Slash is usable and Extremespeed Linnone is mandatory.

About the rest that i have shown, it's really silly. What is next?
Actually, Specially Oriented Charizard Y is great, it was probably also running Earthquake, which reliably deals with Heatran:
+1 0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 384-452 (99.4 - 117%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
and Tyranitar that tries to switch in
+1 0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 184-218 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
or a Hasty one:
+1 0 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 158-186 (39.1 - 46%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
But yeah, I don't think it is very silly. It beats the counters that switch in on it without resorting to Focus Blast, so.

Final Gambit Blissey does net some unexpected KOs but a team of 6 is just sad

Also, the guy with a giga drain breloom. Because drain punch is so overrated.
He won.
They were all Scrappy XD
(I don't think I had a Sturdy Shedinja at that point so maybe that's why XD)
And Eviolite Pidgeotto is sad. (Unless you want to use a Johto Gym Leader team. Or some other niche use. STAB Brave Bird still hurts either way.)

Meet the new stall core: Double Blob. Because there's no such thing as redundancy in a team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-99965667

Also add a Klefki and a (probably) Paraflinch Togekiss, because the goal of teambuilding is making the most annoying team as possible.
Annoying I'm sure, but while Double Blob is pretty redundant there are still situations where having two Pokemon of nigh-identical roles can work out fine. If the rest of the team was titanically physically defensive (Eviolite Doublade, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Avalugg, that sort of thing), then having "Double Blob" would effectively ensure that the team's primary weakness of "all special attackers ever" was covered. Also, it's not so crazy if one is, say, a ToxicStall set and one is a cleric set.

Annoying I'm sure, but while Double Blob is pretty redundant there are still situations where having two Pokemon of nigh-identical roles can work out fine. If the rest of the team was titanically physically defensive (Eviolite Doublade, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Avalugg, that sort of thing), then having "Double Blob" would effectively ensure that the team's primary weakness of "all special attackers ever" was covered. Also, it's not so crazy if one is, say, a ToxicStall set and one is a cleric set.
Makes sense. I'd never imagined that something as using two blobs in a team could be viable. Now I have a doubt: is this thread only for 100% ineffective things, or can we post silly strategies just because of the silliness, even if they are borderline effective?

Also, since I'm talking about annoying teams, check this one:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-99916694

Swagplay? Check. Baton Passers? Check. Gliscor Toxicstall? Check. It doesn't matter if these things have questionable synergy, what matters is having all the most annoying team archetypes in the same team.

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Makes sense. I'd never imagined that something as using two blobs in a team could be viable. Now I have a doubt: is this thread only for 100% ineffective things, or can we post silly strategies just because of the silliness, even if they are borderline effective?

Also, since I'm talking about annoying teams, check this one:

replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-99916694

Swagplay? Check. Baton Passers? Check. Gliscor Toxicstall? Check. It doesn't matter if these things have questionable synergy, what matters is having all the most annoying team archetypes in the same team.
You cant click the battle link

I fixed the link, sorry about that.

fffff

Nominally, the thread is supposed to be for completely unviable and ineffective things.
That sucks, I see so many funny (and silly) teams I'd like to post.

I just ran into one that had 3 paraflinchers, one Machamp and one spore user in the same team. It's like the guy tried to counter swagplay by using every luck based stretegy in the game bar swagplay. Hilarious.

There are a lot of creative teams in the suspect ladder.

Think I've mentioned this, but: I used to run Choice Banded Crawdaunt.

With Substitute.

I subbed like 5 times and then realized how stupid it was.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100041707
You know it's bad when a Musharna gets tricked turn one and its holding an Adamant Orb.
Other gems include:
Said Musharna using Sonic Boom
A Manky for whatever reason
Flame Charge Mega Houndoom
A Destiny Bond Aegislash with Iron Defense
The same Aegislash actually taking something down with Destiny Bond
Hail Blissy
And a non-mega Charizard with Dragon Tail and Block

Last edited:
Toxic protect skarm, it is weird because I was fairly high up in the ladder when I saw it (around 1600).
Why is toxic/protect skarm silly? It allows it to cripple walls like mandibuzz that it normally can't touch, and protect allows it to gain more lefties recovery or scout for a move (such as gengar with t-bolt)

He won.
They were all Scrappy XD
(I don't think I had a Sturdy Shedinja at that point so maybe that's why XD)
Sorry for replying to a day old comment, but that might have been me. I specifically remember bringing 6 scrappy choice scarf blisseys with final gambit just for the heck of it and won 3 or 4 battles out of 6 (shows something about this meta). Anyways, pretty sure BH stuff belongs in the "Silly things you've seen in other metagames" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)