Bisharp Knives: A DeoSharp Offense Team

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bisharp Knives: A DeoSharp Offense Team

This is a team that utilizes DeoSharp. The objective of the team is to a) get hazards up, b) get Bisharp or Aegislash in if suspecting Defog or Rapid Spin respectively, and c) to clean up with Keldeo, Landorus and Char X. Bold is used to mark changes.
Teambuilding Process (long)
I wanted to build a DeoSharp team.

Then, I wanted a special attacker and then used Char-Y.

Because I was using Charizard, I required a Defogger and settled on Mandibuzz.

After that, I wanted another Defiant user.

Lastly, I wanted a mixed attacker and so, Aegislash arrived.

However, Thundurus just wasn't working out. I wanted another special attacker that could hit physically. Thus, I found Keldeo.

Because of that change, I needed a physical attacker and switched Char-Y out for Char-X.

I made some moveset changes, and one day, went to #pokemon. I mentioned the team and -Tsunami- and Molk helped me change Mandibuzz to Lando-I.

After that, ShootingStarmie helped me with suggestions that I all used.

Onto the team!

The Duo

@

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 60 Atk / 112 SDef / 96 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Superpower
- Magic Coat

The first part of the DeoSharp core, Deoxys-D is literally the best hazard-stacker in OU right now. Most, if not all the time, it can set up SR + 1 layer of Spikes, which turns many 2HKOs into OHKOs. It attracts Taunts, which makes Magic Coat an incredible move choice, making stuff like Sableye useless.
Deoxys-D is this bulky: 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-D: 219-258 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
Deoxys-D is so incredibly good that if I was Defogged, I can sometimes regain hazards by going back to Deoxys-D. Red Card is my item of choice to screw up U-turners and Volt Switchers.
To explain the set, 60 Atk and Superpower OHKO Bisharp if it runs 4 HP/0 Def and also OHKOs if it has 32/0 as well.
240 HP and 112 SDef is to survive Aegislash Shadow Balls and overall bulk, and 96 Speed is for Speed. (thanks MattL and Acedia!)

@

Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

The second part of the DeoSharp core, Bisharp's Defiant is a great ability in Gen VI. With +2, Knock Off has a great power output. In fact, it beats Mega-Venu
[+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 226-266 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO] , Skarmory, [+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 251-296 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery] and completely decimates Blissey.
Pursuit is to trap Latis and Aegislash.
It can work together with Keldeo to make an awesome offensive core or work with Char-X to do the same.
The Cleaners

@

Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Char-X is a really good DDancer. It has excellent typing and attack, which allows it to clean teams with ease. Fire Punch is used instead of Flare Blitz because it doesn't have recoil.
It's ability also complements DD as it works like a recoil-less LO. Earthquake kills Heatran and Dragon Claw is to hit other Dragons.
The best thing about Char-X is that it cannot be burned, which makes Scald less of a problem. Also, it completely destroys Skarmory.

@

Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]
Keldeo is good. Very, very good. It's a specially based mixed attacker that messes up Chansey and Blissey. In fact, Specs Keldeo is one of the most powerful special attackers.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 180-212 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That is through Multiscale. With a 55 BP attack.
Hydro Pump is very powerful STAB and strikes through stuff that doesn't resist it. Secret Sword is for Chansey and Blissey and is also STAB. HP Flying is for M-Venu.
Timid is to outrun Terrakion as they normally run Adamant. 252 SAtk is for power.

@

Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 SAtk / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Brave Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
http://i.imgur.com/Wwis9YR.gif
Aegislash tears everything apart.
Chansey? Sacred Sword. Sylveon? Iron Head. Latias? Shadow Ball. Shadow Ball 2HKOes most of the metagame and Shadow Sneak cleans up with priority. There isn't much to be said about Aegislash since it's quite common really. Sacred Sword is to hit Normal-types, especially Chansey and Blissey. Aegislash wrecks stuff. Iron Head is used as Fairies normally have a lower Defense stat than Special Defense. It is my main lead if I see Scolipede/Ninjask, as it can Double Sneak. Air Balloon is used to protect against Excadrill.
12 Spd EVs are for outrunning 0- Speed Ttar. 252 Atk and 244 SAtk are for dual offenses.
Brave is utilized for extra attack as most of my moves are physical.

@
/

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Thundurus is my set-up sweeper and stopper. Thunder Wave just stops set-up sweepers in their tracks. Nasty Plot is to sweep when I get the opportunity. Thunderbolt + HP Ice is for BoltBeam coverage. Leftovers is my item of choice but Life Orb can also be used for extra power.
252+ Speed is for maximum Speed to outspeed things after T-Wave as they might have +2 speed. 252 SAtk is for more damage output and 4 SDef is to attain a SR number.
Importable:
Deoxys-D @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 60 Atk / 112 SDef / 96 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Superpower
- Magic Coat
Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 SAtk / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Brave Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
Great looking team, but I have a small nitpick. You have alot of set up sweepers and outside of Aegislash you dont have answer to Latios. You do have Bisharp and that itself is your answer but you dont carry pursuit on it. So i recomend Pursuit over Swords Dance on Bisharp.

I was going to mention what the poke sweeper said... xD.

Anyway, the only suggestion I have is to replace Flare Blitz with Fire Punch on your Mega-Charizard X. This is completely personal preference, but I normally find that a +1 Attack Tough Claws Fire Punch usually does a very decent amount of damage, without the pesky recoil.

Other then that, this is a very well made team, and a very well made RMT at that!

fleurdyleurse

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You are right about the decreasing of damage. It's why you don't often see Fire Punch on Mega-Charizard X.

No problem ^.^
After running calcs and theorymonning, Fire Punch has a 20~% damage decrease and loses the 2HKO on many things such as Gliscor. Because of that, I will run Flare Blitz. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
n_n
Edit: I'll get "Teambuilding Process" done tomorrow.

Last edited:
As I see you are kinda weak to mega Pinsir (well who isnt today xD). Most of its checks and the 2 pseudo counters Skarm and Zapdos wich often end up loosing too are too defenive for your Team. Also you lack of a revenger wich is makes it even harder to beat this shitty bug.

fleurdyleurse

As I see you are kinda weak to mega Pinsir (well who isnt today xD). Most of its checks and the 2 pseudo counters Skarm and Zapdos wich often end up loosing too are too defenive for your Team. Also you lack of a revenger wich is makes it even harder to beat this shitty bug.
I'm sorry to seem rude, but "lack of a revenge killer"? Aegislash's Shadow Sneak and Bisharp's Sucker Punch say hi. Also, because this is an offensive team, I can easily sac something that has done it's job to kill M-Pinsir. Also, SR makes Pinsir even more pressured to switch in. After a DD, Charizard also can kill it. I most definitely am not weak to Pinsir.
edit: Pinsir also can't come in on anything without getting to low health levels due to SR and this being an offensive team.

Last edited:
Great team, just one suggestion: change Flash Cannon to Iron Head on Aegislash. You say Flash Cannon is there to kill Sylveon but Iron Head does this job better, even OHKO with your Atk EVs. Here are some calcs to exemplify:

As for the common spread:
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 192-228 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
244 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 410-486 (104 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also, even if it is Def invested:
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 254-302 (64.4 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
244 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 272-324 (69 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, I'm here to rate your team.

As you can see from the team preview, this is an extremely powerful offensive team, which uses the ever common Bisharp + Deoxys-D combo to keep up hazards nicely. Keldeo, Landorus-I, and Aegislash are all very powerful wall breakers, while Bisharp eliminates certain threats like Latios and Aegislash nicely. Finally, Charizard-X can easily sweep late game.

Honestly, this is a great team, and it's hard to find real suggestions that can drastically improve it. I'd probably go with Air Balloon Aegislash, just because I don't think you need all that fire power because you already have amazing wall breakers with Keldeo and Landorus-I, and I think blocking Rapid Spin from Excadrill is more important, since your team thrives on entry hazards. I'd also go with Fire Punch on Charizard X, as I feel it really dies too quickly if you're not running Roost on it, and Fire Punch is still very powerful. I think there are certain Pokemon at +1 could really hurt your team. Mega Gyarados can usually set up on Keldeo without too much worry and proceed to sweep your team. Talonflame and Mega Pinsir also seems like a bitch for you to face. For this reason, you could maybe try Thundurus-I over Landorus-I, just because the Thunder Wave stops basically every sweeper in it's tracks, while it also shares great synegy with the rest of the team.

That's all I have to say really. I hope I helped you out in some way, and good luck with the team n_n

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Uh, I'd recommend just the standard Nasty Plot + Thunder Wave set, I'll provide a link n_n

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Life Orb can be used, but I generally prefer Leftovers, even on offensive teams like this. HP Flying is also an option, but I don't think it's needed since it's already on Keldeo, and you have Charizard for Venusaur anyway.

fleurdyleurse

This is not something that I've "tried", but a change that I feel I should post.
I have changed Flare Blitz or Char-X to Fire Punch as it still has the same utility, used Air Balloon Aegi as it has saved me from Excadrill several times, and after further testing,
changed Lando-I to Thundy-I.
remedy pls don't delete this

Yo I got yer message! The team looks pretty solid imo and I really dont see any flaws but there are a few things that you could consider swapping and maybe they would do better, but these are only possible improvements.

Iron Head>Flash Cannon, flash cannon is the more spammable move but iron head would help greatly against fairies. And Im assuming the lack of kings shield isnt bothering you or else you would have prolly put it on aegi already but if you do have ks at some point run something like /shadow ball/iron head/shadow sneak/ks but idk. Next thing you should only do if you decide to go with the next change: Pursuit>(something, prolly sneak). You already have sharp as your trapper dood, and sharp can also trap gengar better (assuming you get rid of sneak). You can play mindgames with sharp and with slash your opponent has to guess your set. But what Im getting is the following you could try:
Swords Dance>Pursuit, and then Pursuit>Shadow Sneak on aegi. Idk, maybe it will work better because it can trap lati's better again Im not too sure, just something you could try.
HP Flying>HP Ice on thundy, and again, not too sure. Ice is great for ground types trying to switch in on twave/tbolt and other such things but flying ohko's (iirc, maybe inly after rocks) mega-saur at +2 so that will let you muscle trough stall better but its up to you so yah.

Oh and btw balloon aegi is pretty kewl for drill's and such, but I think that since you lack ks life orb could maybe also work. Just know that if you do decide to run ks you'll prolly have to get rid of sacred sword and so you couldnt ohko it anyway but yah. Also balloon gives you an emergency exit against sand rush drill so yah. And maybe you could try out scald>icy wind, the only thing it really hits harder are dragons that dont have ground as a secondary typing (mostly dnite) and scald is great for fishing for burns and much more accurate than hydro pump. Hydro ohko's chomp anyway so yah :]

I hope I helped!

-ApplepieFTW

fleurdyleurse

Yo I got yer message! The team looks pretty solid imo and I really dont see any flaws but there are a few things that you could consider swapping and maybe they would do better, but these are only possible improvements.

Iron Head>Flash Cannon, flash cannon is the more spammable move but iron head would help greatly against fairies. And Im assuming the lack of kings shield isnt bothering you or else you would have prolly put it on aegi already but if you do have ks at some point run something like /shadow ball/iron head/shadow sneak/ks but idk. Next thing you should only do if you decide to go with the next change: Pursuit>(something, prolly sneak). You already have sharp as your trapper dood, and sharp can also trap gengar better (assuming you get rid of sneak). You can play mindgames with sharp and with slash your opponent has to guess your set. But what Im getting is the following you could try:
Swords Dance>Pursuit, and then Pursuit>Shadow Sneak on aegi. Idk, maybe it will work better because it can trap lati's better again Im not too sure, just something you could try.
HP Flying>HP Ice on thundy, and again, not too sure. Ice is great for ground types trying to switch in on twave/tbolt and other such things but flying ohko's (iirc, maybe inly after rocks) mega-saur at +2 so that will let you muscle trough stall better but its up to you so yah.

Oh and btw balloon aegi is pretty kewl for drill's and such, but I think that since you lack ks life orb could maybe also work. Just know that if you do decide to run ks you'll prolly have to get rid of sacred sword and so you couldnt ohko it anyway but yah. Also balloon gives you an emergency exit against sand rush drill so yah. And maybe you could try out scald>icy wind, the only thing it really hits harder are dragons that dont have ground as a secondary typing (mostly dnite) and scald is great for fishing for burns and much more accurate than hydro pump. Hydro ohko's chomp anyway so yah :]

I hope I helped!

-ApplepieFTW
I actually prefer Flash Cannon as I have more EVs invested there and someone has suggested it to me before. Also, it hits physical walls hoping to come in for free. About the second change about Bisharp, it's been done before, and Pursuit helps much more. I already have enough M-Venu counters and hazards really hurt it. Lastly, I have had LO before and Air Balloon helps against Dnite and Chomp. Also, the reason I use Icy Wind has been already said by you. Dnite. Also, the speed lowering effect also helps a lot. Thanks for rating, though.

Last edited:
Okey, as it has been pointed out, this team is very well thought out, and I have no doubts it works great. Deo-D is an awesome hazard setter, and you have plenty of pressure after placing hazards to deter opponent from Defogging or Spinning. However, there's one Anti-Lead I'd like to focus which your team could have troubles with, and that is LO Scolipede. The thing's actually so strong, that it OHKOs Deo-D with Megahorn, and leaves you in a bad place. With additional coverage in Earthquake and Rock Slide, or a possible Baton Pass, it might leave your team in a very bad start. Other possible anti-Lead is Taunt Talonflame, but Thundurus checks him just fine. However, those are really nitpicks more than anything else. Another nitpick I have is that most Terrakion actually run Jolly, so I'd always take account the possible speed-tie. However, as Terrakion is forced to use a banded CC if it wishes to have chances of winning, so switching in Aegislash isn't such a big deal, especially with Balloon intact. That's all I have really, nice going with the team, and good luck in your future battles!

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice team overall ^_^, very amazing and most of my suggestions that were on my mind have already been said, the last thing is on Deoxys-Defense, it currently has Superpower. I would change that for Seismic Toss. Fair enough, Superpower is able to hit the Dark types which are caught of guard and may come in but this makes an excellent Pokemon to set up on from the opposing sides point of view.
The fact that Red Card is only used once AND doesn't activate if the Pokemon gets OHKO'd just isn't reliable enough. You have the Keldeo support anyways who can handle the OU Dark types all quite well anyways(as a check, not a counter).
Dark Type OU...
Bisharp, Greninja, Gyarados-Mega, Mandibuzz, Tyranitar, Tyranitar-Mega
Seismic Toss to make sure you are always doing enough damage and aren't lowering your own Attack and Defense to the point where something can kill once the Def is low enough or set up a Substitute on the predicted switch because you aren't able to break it with Superpower. With that, the Attack EVs can go into a different stat also. Feel free to change it up, see if you like it better or not. Hopefully Bisharp won't be Pursuit trapping you.

fleurdyleurse

Nice team overall ^_^, very amazing and most of my suggestions that were on my mind have already been said, the last thing is on Deoxys-Defense, it currently has Superpower. I would change that for Seismic Toss. Fair enough, Superpower is able to hit the Dark types which are caught of guard and may come in but this makes an excellent Pokemon to set up on from the opposing sides point of view.
The fact that Red Card is only used once AND doesn't activate if the Pokemon gets OHKO'd just isn't reliable enough. You have the Keldeo support anyways who can handle the OU Dark types all quite well anyways(as a check, not a counter).
Dark Type OU...
Bisharp, Greninja, Gyarados-Mega, Mandibuzz, Tyranitar, Tyranitar-Mega
Seismic Toss to make sure you are always doing enough damage and aren't lowering your own Attack and Defense to the point where something can kill once the Def is low enough or set up a Substitute on the predicted switch because you aren't able to break it with Superpower. With that, the Attack EVs can go into a different stat also. Feel free to change it up, see if you like it better or not. Hopefully Bisharp won't be Pursuit trapping you.
Red Card is actually used for resisted hits or U-turn/Volt Switch as I have mentioned, and Superpower is the MattL set and is used when needed, not all the time. Also, most people don't expect Deoxys-D to have Superpower, making the set better.
[16:25] <alyssathegreat> !usage deoxys-d moves
[16:25] <TIBot> Stealth Rock 79.925% | Spikes 67.674% | Taunt 52.138% | Recover 35.372% | Thunder Wave 28.584% | Magic Coat 26.676% | Toxic 19.026% | Knock Off 16.229% | Seismic Toss 12.699% | Night Shade 5.304% | Cosmic Power 5.044% | Psychic 4.647% | Psycho Boost 3.862% | Protect 3.221% | Light Screen 3.045% | Reflect 3.040% | Counter 2.962% | Extreme Speed 2.747% | Mirror Coat 2.423% | Drain Punch 1.414% | Calm Mind 1.413% | Ice Beam 1.400% | Psyshock 1.208% | Other 19.946%

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey there, excellent team.

First of all, as many have said in the previous rates, Iron Head > Flash Cannon on Aegislash. Ok, so I understand you prefer hitting physical walls, however, Shadow ball hits all but dark types. Aegislash doesn't want to stay in agaist the dark types in ou, which are, iirc, Bisharp, Mega Gyarados, Mandibuzz, Greninja and T-Tar. All of these outright KO Aegislash except for Mega-Gyarados, which also resists Flash Cannon anyway. So, Shadow Ball is best for hitting Dem Walls. Now, Iron Head is the better option over flash cannon for one reason. That is that most of the things you are going to be hitting with it are going to be Specially defencive. Mainly Sylveon, Tyranitar, and Togekiss. So, with all things considered, Iron Head is truly the better option.

Next, I would suggest Thunder Wave > Superpower on Deoxys. I understand that superpower can annihilate Bisharp, although, Your Team can handle Bisharp fine, mainly keldeo. Having one move for 1 pokemon inparticular that could be used for something better, in this case, Thunder Wave, is wrong. Thunder Wave is an excellent move for your team, as It allows deoxys to cripple sweepers and revenge killers so both Keldeo And Bisharp can sweep much, much easier.

Lastly, I would Suggest Roost > Earthquake on Charizard Once again, one move for only one pokemon. And once again, your team can handle heatran fine, mainly keldeo. Roost greatly increases your survivability and allows you to set up multiple times. If you do make the change, Change Back Fire Punch To Flare Blitz. With roost, charizard can effectively use flare blitz to sweep easier, and patch up its health when it gets the chance.

Hope this Helped!
Good Day to you Sir~

fleurdyleurse

Hey there, excellent team.

First of all, as many have said in the previous rates, Iron Head > Flash Cannon on Aegislash. Ok, so I understand you prefer hitting physical walls, however, Shadow ball hits all but dark types. Aegislash doesn't want to stay in agaist the dark types in ou, which are, iirc, Bisharp, Mega Gyarados, Mandibuzz, Greninja and T-Tar. All of these outright KO Aegislash except for Mega-Gyarados, which also resists Flash Cannon anyway. So, Shadow Ball is best for hitting Dem Walls. Now, Iron Head is the better option over flash cannon for one reason. That is that most of the things you are going to be hitting with it are going to be Specially defencive. Mainly Sylveon, Tyranitar, and Togekiss. So, with all things considered, Iron Head is truly the better option.

Next, I would suggest Thunder Wave > Superpower on Deoxys. I understand that superpower can annihilate Bisharp, although, Your Team can handle Bisharp fine, mainly keldeo. Having one move for 1 pokemon inparticular that could be used for something better, in this case, Thunder Wave, is wrong. Thunder Wave is an excellent move for your team, as It allows deoxys to cripple sweepers and revenge killers so both Keldeo And Bisharp can sweep much, much easier.

Lastly, I would Suggest Roost > Earthquake on Charizard Once again, one move for only one pokemon. And once again, your team can handle heatran fine, mainly keldeo. Roost greatly increases your survivability and allows you to set up multiple times. If you do make the change, Change Back Fire Punch To Flare Blitz. With roost, charizard can effectively use flare blitz to sweep easier, and patch up its health when it gets the chance.

Hope this Helped!
Good Day to you Sir~
To reply to this, after so many people asking me to use Iron Head, I concede.
Superpower is very beneficial as it helps to take out a threat early in the game so it does not trouble anything else.
I don't really have the time to use Roost as most of the games are DD>Attack.
Thanks!

To reply to this, after so many people asking me to use Iron Head, I concede.
Superpower is very beneficial as it helps to take out a threat early in the game so it does not trouble anything else.
I don't really have the time to use Roost as most of the games are DD>Attack.
Thanks!
1.lol
2.I understand what you mean
3.Well it's not all about DD>Attack now is it? I suggest you test it, so you can see how good it is :P

fleurdyleurse

1.lol
2.I understand what you mean
3.Well it's not all about DD>Attack now is it? I suggest you test it, so you can see how good it is :P
I have indeed tested Roost, and most of the time, I prefer hitting Heatran and Fire-types. Roost is so little used that it's like I only have 3 moveslots.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks like your standard deosharp team, but I'd really consider trying to work around opposing Specs Keldeo. It simply has to come in on Bisharp or Deoxys, and then you really have nothing to tank a Specs Hydro Pump on this team. Your best bet is to sack and bring in Thundurus, which isn't very reliable at all. Consider using Latias over Keldeo because you really need a reliable way to deal with Keldeo apart from sacking and killing or hoping for a correct prediction. Since you're running spikestacks with this team you don't necessarily have to go for Defog, but one of the main perks of using Latias is Healing Wish--something that works wonders for Pokemon like DD Zard. Lastly, another perk of using Latias is that you have a way to hurt Venusaur quick and hard. None of your team members can hurt a defensive Venusaur from the get-go reliably as Air Balloon Aegislash with no KS is not a reliable way to damage Venusaur, nor is a Specs HP Flying from Keldeo. I realize this may make you a bit more Bisharp weak, but you can still try something like HP Fighting on Latias to surprise Bisharps on the switch as many don't really expect it, and you *do* have that nifty Superpower Deo-D in clutch situations as well.

As for minor nitpicks, consider running a little more bulk on that Bisharp if you're going the Pursuit route so you can switch in a little bit easier. Running enough speed to beat Rotoms and Defensive Heatrans should be enough for you, which I believe needs about 112 hp / 252 atk / 144 spe to work.

Latias@LO
Timid 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Draco Meteor / Healing Wish / Psyshock / HP Fighting

Thunderbolt is also a viable alternative if you want to hit Azumarill and Skarmory, but I'm just concerned about Bisharp since Keldeo was your main Bisharp response to begin with so a little surprise factor wouldn't hurt here.

GL with the team! =)

fleurdyleurse

Looks like your standard deosharp team, but I'd really consider trying to work around opposing Specs Keldeo. It simply has to come in on Bisharp or Deoxys, and then you really have nothing to tank a Specs Hydro Pump on this team. Your best bet is to sack and bring in Thundurus, which isn't very reliable at all. Consider using Latias over Keldeo because you really need a reliable way to deal with Keldeo apart from sacking and killing or hoping for a correct prediction. Since you're running spikestacks with this team you don't necessarily have to go for Defog, but one of the main perks of using Latias is Healing Wish--something that works wonders for Pokemon like DD Zard. Lastly, another perk of using Latias is that you have a way to hurt Venusaur quick and hard. None of your team members can hurt a defensive Venusaur from the get-go reliably as Air Balloon Aegislash with no KS is not a reliable way to damage Venusaur, nor is a Specs HP Flying from Keldeo. I realize this may make you a bit more Bisharp weak, but you can still try something like HP Fighting on Latias to surprise Bisharps on the switch as many don't really expect it, and you *do* have that nifty Superpower Deo-D in clutch situations as well.

As for minor nitpicks, consider running a little more bulk on that Bisharp if you're going the Pursuit route so you can switch in a little bit easier. Running enough speed to beat Rotoms and Defensive Heatrans should be enough for you, which I believe needs about 112 hp / 252 atk / 144 spe to work.

Latias@LO
Timid 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Draco Meteor / Healing Wish / Psyshock / HP Fighting

Thunderbolt is also a viable alternative if you want to hit Azumarill and Skarmory, but I'm just concerned about Bisharp since Keldeo was your main Bisharp response to begin with so a little surprise factor wouldn't hurt here.

GL with the team! =)
Sorry, I forgot to reply to this.
I kind of feel that it's really to sac what I don't need and then go to Thundurus because no one really starts with Keldeo.
tbh, Keldeo is a lifesaver for so many things and M-Venu is handled by Char-X and friends.
I'll use the Bisharp EVs.
Thanks!

I only have one suggestion that stands out for me. HP Flying on Thunderus over HP ice in order to hit Mega Venusaur. I've seen this being used in a lot of 1800+ ou replays and its very effective against Venusaur.

Great team! Looks pretty solid to me. The only thing I recommend would be switching our Shadow Ball on Aegislash with Shadow Claw. I do not really see why you would want to have a Special attack move on Aegislash, so Shadow Claw will free up your special attack. There is only a 10 damage difference (80 down to 70) so it is not that much of a difference. Besides you get 252 Ev's to add to the bulk of aegislash. I recommend if you do this, change the nature to Adamant or Jolly, to best utilize Physical attacking power. Kinda wierd I am saying this, because I only really put Shadow Sneak (as the only ghost type move) on my Aegislash X). Still, i think your team is great :)

fleurdyleurse

I only have one suggestion that stands out for me. HP Flying on Thunderus over HP ice in order to hit Mega Venusaur. I've seen this being used in a lot of 1800+ ou replays and its very effective against Venusaur.
The only problem with this is that Char-X and Keldeo already take care of M-Venu, and Aegi can also deal with it once it is at low health.
Great team! Looks pretty solid to me. The only thing I recommend would be switching our Shadow Ball on Aegislash with Shadow Claw. I do not really see why you would want to have a Special attack move on Aegislash, so Shadow Claw will free up your special attack. There is only a 10 damage difference (80 down to 70) so it is not that much of a difference. Besides you get 252 Ev's to add to the bulk of aegislash. I recommend if you do this, change the nature to Adamant or Jolly, to best utilize Physical attacking power. Kinda wierd I am saying this, because I only really put Shadow Sneak (as the only ghost type move) on my Aegislash X). Still, i think your team is great :)
Shadow Ball is a fine option to hit physical walls. It's very commonly used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)