Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have an impish Gible kicking about? Dont' care about EV's, although female with a matching ball and rough skin would be nice. I'll trade 5IV spitbacks, or 4IV female spitbacks in matching balls (Though there isn't a lot of those atm).

Also, does anybody have a male skarmory, aerodactyle, or archen with stealth rocks for trade? Don't care about IV's or nature.

Anybody have an impish Gible kicking about? Dont' care about EV's, although female with a matching ball and rough skin would be nice. I'll trade 5IV spitbacks, or 4IV female spitbacks in matching balls (Though there isn't a lot of those atm).
Um, excuse me. But wasn't the idea behind the defensive Garchomp set to have something different for your new trade thread that nobody else had?

If someone else trades you a spitback it's not going to be that unique is it? :^)

Um, excuse me. But wasn't the idea behind the defensive Garchomp set to have something different for your new trade thread that nobody else had?

If someone else trades you a spitback it's not going to be that unique is it? :^)
That's very true.

Does anybody have a Gible friend safari I can hijack? xD

Impish Rough Skin Garchomp was supposed to be unique to them? Oops...
Goddammit Agonist.

Mine will have less than 31 SpA. I win?

What is that method? I saw a YouTube video about it but I didn't want to potentially waste a whole hour to sit through it.
I stole this straight from a Gamefaqs forum post..

So a new method of breeding was recently discovered, and I have decided to share it with the boards. This method allows you to take a pokemon with no IV's and get it to 5 IVs in about 5 eggs, provided you have dittos or other pokemon in its egg group with perfect IVs. Here it is:

1) Catch two magikarps, one of each sex.
2) Take the magikarps to the Battle Institute in Lumiose City, and save your game.
3) Enter the Battle Institute, and start a battle test, bringing one of the Magikarps in with you. As the Institute automatically levels your pokemon to 50, you can check its stats. Write down it's stats.
4) Reset your game, and re-enter the Institute, bringing the other magikarp in with you. Once again, write down its level 50 stats
5) Reset your game again, and head to the day care center. Determine what pokemon you plan on breeding, and look at its sex. If it has the nature you want, that one will be holding the everstone, so you will want your magikarp of the same sex to hold it during breeding. Otherwise the magikarp of that sex will hold the destiny knot.
6) Drop off the magikarps, ensuring that one is holding the everstone and one is holding the destiny knot.
7) When the man at the day care center tells you he has an egg, release it to him. Save your game.
8) Breed out a second egg, and accept this one.
9) Hatch the second egg, and take it to the Battle Institute to check its lvl 50 stats. DO NOT SAVE. This is important. You need your last save to have been just after you rejected the first egg.
10) Compare the lvl 50 stats of the baby magikarp with those of its parents, factoring in nature. Notice that after doing so, 5 of them will match those for one of the two parents, and one will not. The 5 that match are guaranteed to be passed over from that parent once you reset, that sixth is a wild card.

As an example, here are the lvl 50 stats for the magikarps i use (+ and - indicate nature modifiers):
Female Male
86 82
18 -23
+69 64
-23 33
34 37
88 +100

And the stats for one of my kids was:
86 - F
-16 - F
64 - M
26 - F
32 - W
+100 - M

By comparing those stats, I know that the next egg I produce after resetting will take the females health, attack and special attack, and the males defense and speed, with special defense being the wild card value. If you like the stats that will be passed down, read on. Otherwise, skip to the end, where i explain how to change that.

11) Reset your game, and enter the day care center. Remove your magikarps, and replace them with the pokemon you are using as parents. As you know now exactly what stats will be passed down from each parent, you can select the parents to ensure that you have a 5 IV kid. As dittos are automatically considered to belong to the opposite sex of the pokemon its breeding with, that helps make things even easier. Using the above as an example, if I wanted to get the maximum gain while starting over from a blank slate, I would ensure that the male was of the species I am trying to breed, and I would use a ditto with max IVs in several of the stats that the female will pass down.
12) Drop the two pokemon off, and generate an egg. After you hatch it, go to the IV checker. If you did everything right, you should have a new pokemon of the type you wanted with the IVs you want. At this point, rinse and repeat starting at step 6 until you have your 6 IV pokemon. This should not take longer then 5 eggs, and should only take about an hour if starting from a blank slate.

Resetting the Stats.

If you get a wild card that you dont like, or dont have parents that fit the stats being passed down, you can change those. Just do the following:

1) Reset the game, so you are just outside the day care center after releasing the first egg. Breed another egg, reject it and save. Then continue from step 8.

What is that method? I saw a YouTube video about it but I didn't want to potentially waste a whole hour to sit through it.
TL;DR: Read the first paragraph in the quote HookEm549 posted. That's pretty much what the method is about along with soft-resetting (Thus a "Time Machine").

I stole this straight from a Gamefaqs forum post..

So a new method of breeding was recently discovered, and I have decided to share it with the boards. This method allows you to take a pokemon with no IV's and get it to 5 IVs in about 5 eggs, provided you have dittos or other pokemon in its egg group with perfect IVs. Here it is:

1) Catch two magikarps, one of each sex.
2) Take the magikarps to the Battle Institute in Lumiose City, and save your game.
3) Enter the Battle Institute, and start a battle test, bringing one of the Magikarps in with you. As the Institute automatically levels your pokemon to 50, you can check its stats. Write down it's stats.
4) Reset your game, and re-enter the Institute, bringing the other magikarp in with you. Once again, write down its level 50 stats
5) Reset your game again, and head to the day care center. Determine what pokemon you plan on breeding, and look at its sex. If it has the nature you want, that one will be holding the everstone, so you will want your magikarp of the same sex to hold it during breeding. Otherwise the magikarp of that sex will hold the destiny knot.
6) Drop off the magikarps, ensuring that one is holding the everstone and one is holding the destiny knot.
7) When the man at the day care center tells you he has an egg, release it to him. Save your game.
8) Breed out a second egg, and accept this one.
9) Hatch the second egg, and take it to the Battle Institute to check its lvl 50 stats. DO NOT SAVE. This is important. You need your last save to have been just after you rejected the first egg.
10) Compare the lvl 50 stats of the baby magikarp with those of its parents, factoring in nature. Notice that after doing so, 5 of them will match those for one of the two parents, and one will not. The 5 that match are guaranteed to be passed over from that parent once you reset, that sixth is a wild card.

As an example, here are the lvl 50 stats for the magikarps i use (+ and - indicate nature modifiers):
Female Male
86 82
18 -23
+69 64
-23 33
34 37
88 +100

And the stats for one of my kids was:
86 - F
-16 - F
64 - M
26 - F
32 - W
+100 - M

By comparing those stats, I know that the next egg I produce after resetting will take the females health, attack and special attack, and the males defense and speed, with special defense being the wild card value. If you like the stats that will be passed down, read on. Otherwise, skip to the end, where i explain how to change that.

11) Reset your game, and enter the day care center. Remove your magikarps, and replace them with the pokemon you are using as parents. As you know now exactly what stats will be passed down from each parent, you can select the parents to ensure that you have a 5 IV kid. As dittos are automatically considered to belong to the opposite sex of the pokemon its breeding with, that helps make things even easier. Using the above as an example, if I wanted to get the maximum gain while starting over from a blank slate, I would ensure that the male was of the species I am trying to breed, and I would use a ditto with max IVs in several of the stats that the female will pass down.
12) Drop the two pokemon off, and generate an egg. After you hatch it, go to the IV checker. If you did everything right, you should have a new pokemon of the type you wanted with the IVs you want. At this point, rinse and repeat starting at step 6 until you have your 6 IV pokemon. This should not take longer then 5 eggs, and should only take about an hour if starting from a blank slate.

Resetting the Stats.

If you get a wild card that you dont like, or dont have parents that fit the stats being passed down, you can change those. Just do the following:

1) Reset the game, so you are just outside the day care center after releasing the first egg. Breed another egg, reject it and save. Then continue from step 8.
This raises a few questions
1. Do I have to use Magikarp?
2. Will the wildcard have the same value (ex. If it's 0 when breeding Magikarp, will it be 0 with the actual parents)?

2. Will the wildcard have the same value (ex. If it's 0 when breeding Magikarp, will it be 0 with the actual parents)?
1. No, you don't have to use Magikarp this was just the example given.
2. I don't know... I don't use this method personally because I have a 6IV male for just about every egg group and just use those as studs.

Desperately looking for a female ha caterpie in a...nest ball? If you can justify another ball better id take that too..dream ball for sure. Pm me for offers (they will be good) also...giveaway starting in just over 3 hours...cmt for that..
You can use any poke...the wildcard value will be the same for gendered pokes..a separate spread will be generated for fixed and genderless..I do this shit all the time, but ita only really advantageous for hidden power, or 0 speed (or shiny) spreads..5 iv breeding, youre generally better off just riding around on your bike

Last edited:
Hey, still looking for that Sassy 0Spe Ditto~ CMT for offers. Also just got my hands on:

Horsea (M) - Modest - Swift Swim - 31.10.31.31.31.31 [0323]

1) Magikarp do not need to be used, their eggs hatch the fastest though.
2) Yes, the wildcard value will be the same, along with the nature, gender and ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)