Ability Unity!

Flare Boost can't even be passed and no pure normals other than banned ones would even be that good with TBoost. Protean slowdaunt sounds bad. Adaptability pure normals, tentacruel, greninja, and sharpedo aren't broken. Most guts pokemon (if not all) dont seem broken.
You can always have Speed Boost Crawdaunt.

Flare Boost can't even be passed and no pure normals other than banned ones would even be that good with TBoost. Protean slowdaunt sounds bad. Adaptability pure normals, tentacruel, greninja, and sharpedo aren't broken. Most guts pokemon (if not all) dont seem broken.
As I said, more specific bans will be in place asap.
Also I'm not the best at PS...
I really don't get why Levitate on an Electric type is banned at all. You hardly need to hit Jolteon super effectively to knock it out.

And why are Adaptability/Flare Boost/Toxic Boost banned when there are arguably more broken abilities, like Protean, Gale Wings, Arena Trap, Drizzle, Drought, Magic Bounce, Sand Stream and Hustle allowed.

I think we should probably discuss things before we start banning abilities
Sane here.

I'm gonna start discussion on The Powers. None of the originals are broken. Klefki isn't broken. Some pure normals would be. Gallade probably is. Wigglytuff is debatable.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Lol you banned adapt, tough claws, and hustle, yet you didn't ban imposter, which is 100 times more op.

I don't think anything should be banned until further testing.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm gonna start discussion on The Powers. None of the originals are broken. Klefki isn't broken. Some pure normals would be. Gallade probably is. Wigglytuff is debatable.
Pure Normals and Wigglytuff don't get huge power, since they only share only one type with Diggersby/Mega-Mawile/Azumarill. Klefki may well be OP given that it has 80 base attack (for reference, Azumarill only has base 50) and its Play Rough is incredibly powerful, but it gets absolutely no coverage. And Pure Power Gallade is undeniably broken lol.

Sheer Force seems like a pretty interesting ability in general, I bet there are a lot of good abusers out there

Here are some fun sets to try out once:

Virizion @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Most of the time Virizion runs Lum Berry to shrug of status but Poison Heal gives it a status immunity while also recovering HP every turn which is also something Virizion lacks. For the moves it is just standard Swords Dance Virizion that you also find in NU and RU.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Scald

This Vaporeon set is mostly used for team support. Wish and Protect are for healing purposes and llow you to heal either Vaporeon or a teammate. Baton Pass is there to Baton Pass possible Competetive boosts and give Pokemon like Landorus a chance to sweep. You can replace Competitive with Defiant because Piplup gets it but Vaporeon benefits more from Competitive than Defiant. Lastly Scald it to spread burns and not be set up fodder.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam / Flamethrower / Psyshock / Knock Off / Scald
- Whatever you want
- Whatever you want

So thanks to Meowstic-M Mew is going to be a douchebag this meta. With a gigantic movepool Mew has enough moves to abuse Prankster and it has the bulk to take advantage of Prankster. On this set Roost is the only important move that can't be replaced because it gives important recovery. The second move is up to what you want for not being Taunt bait. For the last two moves pick any of Defog, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, set up move + Baton Pass, Heal Bell, Light Screen and Reflect, Stealth Rock, any weather your team needs, Tailwind, U-Turn, Trick Room or Toxic. Mew is definitely gonna be a threat this meta I think.

This metagame looks promising and these are just some of the sets I found while looking for threats. Looking forward to trying out these Pokemon.

Pure Normals and Wigglytuff don't get huge power, since they only share only one type with Diggersby/Mega-Mawile/Azumarill. Klefki may well be OP given that it has 80 base attack (for reference, Azumarill only has base 50) and its Play Rough is incredibly powerful, but it gets absolutely no coverage. And Pure Power Gallade is undeniably broken lol.

Sheer Force seems like a pretty interesting ability in general, I bet there are a lot of good abusers out there
Bunnelby, Azurill.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This set seems pretty insane, it gets Contrary from Serperior (which I think should be banned too btw). Just spam Leaf Storm to boost your Special Attack until you encounter something that resists your moves, in which case you can just use any coverage moves. The coverage moves give it perfect coverage. It also has decent Speed, but it'll probably need some support in removing faster Pokemon. (It does get a speed boost from Sticky Web though).

Ah, well spotted. In that case, you'd be hard pressed to fin a Normal-type that isn't overpowered. I think it's safer to just ban the Power abilities honestly.
Ban them except for on normal users. We don't want Azu being forced to get Sap Sipper.

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Eruption

Blastoise @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Water Spout

I would first like to say that I am sorry for any roasted or soaked dead chanseys on the street. Seriously, these things are just insane. Like there's practically no way to stop them. The calcs speak for themselves:

Blastoise
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blastoise Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 199-234 (56.5 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blastoise Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro in Rain: 189-222 (47.9 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery -- Both resisted hits.

Or you could opt for the EVEN MORE POWERFUL variant:
Typhlosion
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 340-402 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO -- GG
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 315-372 (75 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery -- Even without sun, Hippowdon can't switch in.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro in Sun: 222-261 (56.3 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So yeah these two pokes are probably the best wallbreakers in the tier. You pretty much need assault vest kingdra to take them BOTH on at once, and even then, you're whittled down. So stall pretty much says bye.

Well for now... only certain Pokemon are allowed to have Pure Power/Huge Power. To see them, check the first post!
Lol you banned adapt, tough claws, and hustle, yet you didn't ban imposter, which is 100 times more op.

I don't think anything should be banned until further testing.
Why is Imposter so OP? I don't get it.
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This set seems pretty insane, it gets Contrary from Serperior (which I think should be banned too btw). Just spam Leaf Storm to boost your Special Attack until you encounter something that resists your moves, in which case you can just use any coverage moves. The coverage moves give it perfect coverage. It also has decent Speed, but it'll probably need some support in removing faster Pokemon. (It does get a speed boost from Sticky Web though).
This should be banned, not Serperior :P
Serperior has terrible 70 Sp.Attack I believe.
Then again, I might as well ban Contrary anyway.
Ban them except for on normal users. We don't want Azu being forced to get Sap Sipper.
Don't worry! Azumarill still has Huge Power ;)

Gotta say that I'm not too much of a fan for Adaptability, Tough Claws and Hustle being banned, this is fine without them I guess. I like that Speed Boost isn't banned since pretty much all potential users are already incredibly fast or just bad aside from Crawdaunt, Venomoth and Emboar.
Gale Wings Charizard seems interesting, being stronger than Talonflame and having slightly better coverage. Mixed Dragon Dance looks interesting on it, but it would have to forego Roost, so that's probably not the best idea. Maybe something like this instead? (Just in case anyone says anything, I know that Megas keep their old abilities. Charizard could use Gale Wings for a while if it were holding a Mega Stone, then Mega Evolve if it needed to. I also know that Moltres is stronger than Charizard, but Charizard's coverage makes it just as good.
Charizard @ Life Orb/Charizardite Y
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Focus Blast
Regenerator might be a good option for Talonflame with its recoil moves and access to U-turn. No Gale Wings of course, but Talonflame could still use its speed and high-powered moves to its advantage.
Florges can actually be useful now with the abilities it gets from other Fairies like Pixilate, Magic Guard, Unaware, Intimidate, Serene Grace (Togepi), Fairy Aura, Aroma Veil, heck even Unburden might be useful (probably not, haha).
Harvest Celebi looks interesting. Gale Wings, Aerialate, Knock Off and Pursuit still hinder it heavily, but it might be good.
Swift Swim Keldeo will be really dangerous. Bring your Gale Wings and Aerialate mons to check this thing!
Speed Boost Greninja probably outclasses Sharpedo even though it can't really do physical or mixed as well. I think I'll try out this set, as it is basically the same thing as Special Sharpedo.
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect/Ice Beam
- Ice Beam/U-turn/Extrasensory
U-turn is for when things get messy and you can't OHKO something while Extrasensory is for things like Keldeo, but probably isn't that useful.
Anyways, good luck with the metagame and Alphamod Mega Gallade! This looks like fun.

EV

Banned deucer.
Well for now... only certain Pokemon are allowed to have Pure Power/Huge Power. To see them, check the first post!
Why not Wigglytuff tho? It has base 70 Attack (versus Mawile's 85), no priority, no good boosting move (maybe PuP), and base 45 Speed.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We need to ban stance change if we are gonna ban flower gift or we unban flower gift forecast and zen mode.
Like I've proposed somewhere else, you can make all those abilities so that they work for any user and not only for a single Pokemon, that way you wouldn't have to ban them unless they are overpowering

Like I've proposed somewhere else, you can make all those abilities so that they work for any user and not only for a single Pokemon, that way you wouldn't have to ban them unless they are overpowering
Forecast would be complicated. Zen Mode could work like this: Def and SpD are the same as base HP, Swap offenses. Victini wouldn't change like this.

Snaquaza

KACAW
Forecast would be complicated. Zen Mode could work like this: Def and SpD are the same as base HP, Swap offenses. Victini wouldn't change like this.
Forecast = Change typing to Fire/Ice/Water under certain weather
Stance Change = Swap defenses and offenses when it attacks/defends
Flower Gift = Increase Attack and Sp Def in sun
Zen Mode = Yea this one is hard, what you suggested sounds good to me
Multitype = Change typing for the plate you're carrying

AFAIK these are all but I'm probably forgetting something

Delphox-z would have 75/114/75/69/75/126 Base Stats which means we have all zen forms accounted for.
Edit: terrible physical movepool being forced into:Flame Charge/Return/Power Up Punch/Thief
sqrtEdit: Would Fire/Psychics get Sheer Force?

You also have to account for the fact that darmanitan z is slow as bricks so I'd say -40 speed just like how it works on darmanitan

You also have to account for the fact that darmanitan z is slow as bricks so I'd say -40 speed just like how it works on darmanitan
This is Darm and Darm-z ontop of eachother
105/140/55/30/55/95
105/30/105/140/105/55

His Def and SpD become the same as his HP, his offenses get swapped, and they have the same BST meaning Spe is a remnant. Thus Delphox-z has highe Spe than Delphox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)