Ability Unity!

Slowbro gets Analytic....(Thank You Starmie)

Slowbro@Choice Specs
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 Sp.Att 252 HP 4 Def
IVs: 0Atk 0 Spe
Ability: Analytic
-Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
-Trick

This set can destroy things with Analytic and its coverage moves. And Slowbro will not outspeed almost anything with 0IVs in it, and cant get destroyed by Foul Play because of massive Defense and a negative nature with 0IVs and EVs in attack. Slowbro OP

i probably should make a full regenerator team here lmao

there are actually quite a few cool stuff that gets it including roserade, starmie, suicune, conk, mew, moltres etc. it's actually pretty interesting to consider as a playstyle with some diverse options

Just gonna throw some stuff out there.

Cofagrigrigus and Dusclops both get Prankster from Mega Banette. Priority Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Memento, and Destiny Bond anyone? And oh yeah, they both get priority Haze, which completely stops set up sweepers. Their insane bulk+Haze+Will-O-Wisp will allow them to check all the dangerous set up sweepers in the tier.

Huge Power has some really good abusers, such as Linoone and Persian. Persian now gets Huge Power boosted Fake Outs, and can use an effective scout set of Fake Out, U-Turn, Knock Off, Return/Taunt. Linoone just goes to town after a Belly Drum boost, as the calcs show. You can easily set up on walls with a sub, and then procede to annhilate them after the boost. Linnone doesn't even need to boost up to be effective; STAB Extreme Speed coming off an effective base 416 attack can easily revenge kill weakened Pokes. I think were all forgetting that with Huge Power, Linoone isn't forced to run Belly Drum to actually do some damage. It can run an effective LO set to punish offensive teams, or a CB set to demolish stall teams. I mean, look at those calcs, this thing is completely broken.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 279-328 (83.5 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Aggron: 205-242 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Aggron: 123-144 (35.7 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 373-441 (105.3 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 372-438 (88.5 - 104.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 766-903 (108.8 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Venusaur: 250-295 (68.6 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
That's why Huge Power users now must have 60 attack or less if they are able and can use it. :pimp:

By the way, anyone know how to code this? I am okay at javascript, and I would like to learnhow to code my mod so it can be played. :)

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that the cap is at the 60, Lickitung looks like its the most threatening new Huge Power user. Its 90/75/75 defenses are reasonably bulky with Eviolite, allowing it to even survive some super effective hits, such as LO Timid Secret Sword from Keldeo. Lickitung has a solid physical move pool of Return, Body Slam, Hammer Arm, Power Whip, Knock Off, Zen Headbutt, Gyro Ball, Rock Slide, Aqua Tail, the Elemental Punches, and most notably, Explosion. Huge Power boosted Explosion decimates anything that doesn't resist it; Physically Defensive Hippowdon even has a chance to be OHKOed with SR up. Lickitung's best set will probably be a tank set, with Return/Knock Off/ Earthquake/Explosion, as its far to slow to try to sweep, even with Curse and Swords Dance. Thankfully, Lickitung lacks priority to offset its horrible speed.

Spinda can try a gimmicky Salac Endure/Flail/Sucker Punch/Super Power set.

EDIT: Thanks for 3000+ Thread Views!

BTW, the calc is gone because I think it will be easier just to ban Huge/Pure Power all together.

Last edited:
Chesnaught looks like fun, what with Drain Punch (thanks OR/AS) and Poison Heal (thanks Breloom) to give it heaps of passive recovery. It also makes it conveniently immune to status, and it still has Spiky Shield to better stall people out for Poison Heal recovery~ Eat your heart out Ferrothorn. xD

Every pure Dark-type (all six of them that are in OU and don't have it already) pick up Illusion. I can already see shenanigans attempted with Absol by bringing it in, disguising it as a special attacker, and then getting a Swords Dance off while the opponent switches to their special wall. It's a one-time trick, but Mega-Absol only needs to get to +2 once...

Regenerator Suicune is going to be an absolute pain to kill. Not much else to say. (You could always give it Hydration and try to replicate Manaphy's stunts from when it was in Ubers, although you'd need to set up your own rain.)

Moltres gets Gale Wings, just to make absolutely sure that Grass-types know they're screwed. xD I'm fairly certain that no Grass-type wants to tangle with STAB priority Hurricane, especially when it has Fire Blast as a backup.

Something tells me the AAA debate of whether Staraptor or Braviary is a better Gale Wings user will migrate here as well... xD

It's a shame there aren't many good pure Fighting- or Bug-types, since both types get both No Guard (Machop/Karrablast) and Prankster-while-it's-allowed (Riolu/Volbeat) as options. But this is proof that Conkeldurr > Machamp

Anyways, I've rambled enough. XD

Not sure if legal, but:

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Solar Beam

This thing is awesome :P

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I decided to add the new ability possibilities that will come in ORAS, just for easier theorymoning and the fact that I'm bored
Normal/Flying Types get No Guard
Water/Psychic Types get Shell Armor (Rather Useless, but I disgress)
Dark/Ghost Types get Magic Bounce
Water/Dark Types get Strong Jaw (Lol Useless)
Mono Ice Types get Refridgerate
Dragon/Flying Types get Aerilate and Delta Stream (The first one is pre Aerilate ban AAA all over again, second is just a pain to take on)
Camerupt gets Desolate Land (I could see this being rather interesting)
Mono Water types get Primordial Sea (Oh dear lord)
Psychic/Fighting types get Inner Focus (Other than giving Megacham a pre mega ability, this is useless)
Rock/Fairy types get Magic Bounce (Might make regular Diancie have a niche with Trick Room, but mostly useless)

canno

formerly The Reptile
I decided to add the new ability possibilities that will come in ORAS, just for easier theorymoning and the fact that I'm bored
Normal/Flying Types get No Guard
Water/Psychic Types get Shell Armor (Rather Useless, but I disgress)
Dark/Ghost Types get Magic Bounce
Water/Dark Types get Strong Jaw (Lol Useless)
Mono Ice Types get Refridgerate
Dragon/Flying Types get Aerilate and Delta Stream (The first one is pre Aerilate ban AAA all over again, second is just a pain to take on)
Camerupt gets Desolate Land (I could see this being rather interesting)
Mono Water types get Primordial Sea (Oh dear lord)
Psychic/Fighting types get Inner Focus (Other than giving Megacham a pre mega ability, this is useless)
Rock/Fairy types get Magic Bounce (Might make regular Diancie have a niche with Trick Room, but mostly useless)

Refrigerate Avalugg coming in to shrek u

Also this means we can run normal Refrigerate Glalie, meaning that we don't have to waste a megaslot for Fridge Boom, which is neat.

EDIT: Vanilluxe can fridgeboom too

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i like how people are theorymonning trivial stuff, but fail to realize aerialate dragonite is going to tear the tier a new asshole(mega salamence...curse you!). i mean, every meta where dnite gets aerialate(except BH and CH, but even then aerialate is gunna be suspected for bh)...it got banned. so im guessing here, where there is less counter options, it will be op and eventually be banned too .-.

i like how people are theorymonning trivial stuff, but fail to realize aerialate dragonite is going to tear the tier a new asshole(mega salamence...curse you!). i mean, every meta where dnite gets aerialate(except BH and CH, but even then aerialate is gunna be suspected for bh)...it got banned. so im guessing here, where there is less counter options, it will be op and eventually be banned too .-.
Don't forget about noivern, who outspeeds nearly the entire tier and destroys everything with specs boomburst. At least Dragonite has some solid counters; everything that could possibly take an specs aerialate boomburst gets smacked by draco or flamethrower, or switcheroo'd a choice specs rendering it mostly useless. I think maybe mega diancie is a counter, but that probably takes like 35% from boomburst. O I know, let's all run blissey holding mail like in 1v1 just to counter noivern! An aerialate quick ban is needed so this tier doesn't turn into early aaa flying spam meta.

Don't forget about noivern, who outspeeds nearly the entire tier and destroys everything with specs boomburst. At least Dragonite has some solid counters; everything that could possibly take an specs aerialate boomburst gets smacked by draco or flamethrower, or switcheroo'd a choice specs rendering it mostly useless. I think maybe mega diancie is a counter, but that probably takes like 35% from boomburst. O I know, let's all run blissey holding mail like in 1v1 just to counter noivern! An aerialate quick ban is needed so this tier doesn't turn into early aaa flying spam meta.
Just some calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 127-150 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 232-274 (35.5 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Just some calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 127-150 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 232-274 (35.5 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Those things are crippled by Switcheroo, which it also does get, just so you know.

just a couple things that I thought of

Download Scizor. Which switches in get's the download boost and then can mega to get technician back.
Protean Snorlax/Zangoose/Porygon-Z will be fun, it could cause a lot of problems.
Unburden will be a PROBLEM main mons that can use it include: Machamp, Conkelldurr, Florges, Shaymin, Gogoat. There are a few others too,
Speed Boost Infenape/Emboar
Regenerator Blissey/Chansey
Marvel Scale Goodra
Sheer Force Goodra
Contrary Sceptile, Leaf storm turn 1 Mega evo turn 2.

Contrary Ursaring is gonna be really fun to play around with. Also, normal/Flying types get no guard now. So we may see more Hurricane spam? Idk really

And desolate land camerupt will be scary. just a question, say a Pokemon mega evolves under desolate land/primordal sea, does the weather dissappear? Cause if it doesnt, Sheer force M-Camerupt under desolate land is gonna blow some big holes in things

I'm quite surprised this meta was seemingly revived thanks to ORAS.
say a Pokemon mega evolves under desolate land/primordal sea, does the weather dissappear? Cause if it doesnt, Sheer force M-Camerupt under desolate land is gonna blow some big holes in things
That's a very good question. I don't think the weather will disappear, but don't quote me on that. It may need banning when ORAS is out.
Why does every meta have STAB Boomburst Noivern? D:
I'll see how it goes, but for now I don't see Aerilate Dragonite needing a definite ban.

Well, I feel that dragonite really has multiscale as its niche. And aerialate might be good and all, but ice moves can now utterly destroy dnite.
But that being said, aerialate is in no way a disadvantage, it can be put to some great use and I can see it becoming very common

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Well, I feel that dragonite really has multiscale as its niche. And aerialate might be good and all, but ice moves can now utterly destroy dnite.
But that being said, aerialate is in no way a disadvantage, it can be put to some great use and I can see it becoming very common
Ice Shard is outprioritized by Aerilate Extremespeed, meaning that Ice Shard users cannot revenge-kill dnite like they used to if they have enough damage on them (read: a lot less than Multiscale Dnite needs). Aerilate is BY FAR the best ability for Dnite, and it essentially will tear up the entire meta. See AAA; it tore up the meta there (along with lando-t) and there are even less restrictions than this meta in terms of abilities.

You do have a point there, with that in mind. I'm pretty sure that aerialate dnite might get banned or something.
Also: noivern gets STAB boomburst yet another meta
On the subject of aerialate, altaria could be interesting. Pre-mega it gets Flying type return/hyper voice which becomes pixilate boosted instead upon going mega

On a completely unrelated note: adaptability scolipede rof

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
You do have a point there, with that in mind. I'm pretty sure that aerialate dnite might get banned or something.
Also: noivern gets STAB boomburst yet another meta
On the subject of aerialate, altaria could be interesting. Pre-mega it gets Flying type return/hyper voice which becomes pixilate boosted instead upon going mega

On a completely unrelated note: adaptability scolipede rof
Adaptabillity is banned

I just wanted to say wonder guard should not be banned, the only pokemon that has bug-ghost typing is shedninja anyway :P

Also, I was going to argue against the banning of parental bond and simple, being as the only pokemon to get these are normals (and like xatu), but then I did some calcs, and fucking raticate, zangoose and even purugly are broken as fuck with parental bond or simple lol.

Last edited:
So after testing, desolate land does persist upon mega evolving. Thus making mega camerupt a really good sweeper under the sun and trick room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)