Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serperior
Grass --> Grass/Dark
Ability: Overgrow/Contrary --> Intimidate
Stats: 75/75/95/75/95/113 --> 75/105/105/105/105/133

Moves: +Earthquake (It's a ten foot snake that's 139 pounds and needs to hit Steel types and Fire types) +Dark Pulse +Parting Shot (Pangoro won't mind :P. Serperior fits better than any Pokemon anyway)

If this is allowed, then Knock Off, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Synthesis and Aqua Tail are now egg moves.

EDIT: Reserving my final Pokemon as Empoleon

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to reserve Swampert, Breloom, and Noivern, if that's cool with everyone. Will work on this later tonight.

Here's a preliminary Zygarde. Working on the others

Zygarde
Typing: Same
Ability: Aura Break ===> Gravity (needs a new name but I can't think of anything) - Sets up the Gravity battle condition on switch in. Lasts for the usual amount of time.
Stats: 108 / 100 / 121 / 81 / 95 / 95 ===> 108 / 135 / 141 / 81 / 100 / 95

While at a glance the Stats don't change shit about Zygarde's role (and also only using 60 of the extra BST points due to balancing reasons), the ability is what makes this buff truly interesting. Gravity itself is a very good battle condition, with very few (if any) viable setters. With this ability, Zygarde can still take on his usual roles, but he can also go for a supporting set for a full gravity team.

*Note* I'm considering dropping speed because this seems pretty strong to me. Thoughts?
I like it I a little worried Dragon Dance Zygarde with Gravity would be really hard to stop but I'm fine with it if it needs nerfing once a servers up I'll nerf it.

Serperior
Grass --> Grass/Dark
Ability: Overgrow/Contrary --> Intimidate
Stats: 75/75/95/75/95/113 --> 75/105/105/105/105/133

Moves: +Earthquake (It's a ten foot that's 139 pounds and needs to hit Steel types and Fire types) +Dark Pulse +Parting Shot (Pangoro won't mind :P. Serperior fits better than any Pokemon anyway)

If this is allowed, then Knock Off, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Synthesis and Aqua Tail are now egg moves.
All the moves listed at the bottom are tutor moves so they're allowed anyways as we can pretend Serp. learns EQ, Dark Pulse and Parting shot as TMs / Level Up can you write up a concept for me as well so I know the significance of these additions and get a general idea of how Serperior would play.

Here's Tentacruel. I plan on reserving more once i finish Reuni as well

Tentacruel
Ability: Clear Body / Liquid Ooze / Rain Dish ===> Drizzle
80 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 120 / 100 ===> 80 / 70 / 95 / 105 / 140 / 100

Rain's most reliable setter as of right now is the all too powerful Politoed, who has proven that without his ability, he is dead weight. Tentacruel, being something with an existing niche as is, functions a lot like ZardY in being a bulkier, more powerful weather setter. IT can use it's bulk and decent typing as well, to set up Tspikes as well as set up rain
I like it I a little worried Dragon Dance Zygarde with Gravity would be really hard to stop but I'm fine with it if it needs nerfing once a servers up I'll nerf it.
And that was my thought with a speed drop. Dropping to something along the lines of 65 would allow it to be outsped by several scarfers even at +1, so that may be beneficial

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Donphan
Type: Ground --> Ground/Normal
Abillity: Sturdy/Sand Veil --> Scrappy
Stats: 90/120/120/60/60/50 --> 90/135/140/65/80/90

Concept: Donphan is a spinner, simply put at that. It, as well as other spinners have been having a rough time lately, with the arise of defog and its abillity to go through ghost types. I was thinking of a couple of ways to give Donphan a way to hit them and I decided to add scrappy and a normal type since it makes sense flavorwise and it isnt to OP. This lets donphan go through ghost types with its rapid spin as well as take on Bisharp. Its other stats where added to give it much needed buffs over its regular form.

Last edited:

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Greninja'd. I had a Mega-Galvantula and Mega-Reuniclus all ready months ago, complete with artwork. Oh well. I've got a bunch of other stat spreads ready, so I'll just post three of those. I've got Sceptile all ready to go, and I'm reserving Tyrantrum and Volcarona.

Presenting...

MEGA-SCEPTILE
Grass ----> Grass/Dragon
Overgrow (Unburden) ----> Technician
70 HP / 85 Atk / 65 Def / 105 SpA / 85 SpD / 120 Spe (BST 530) ---> 70 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 140 SpA / 95 SpD / 155 Spe (BST 630)
New Moves: I don't really think we should be allowed to do this, since there's no precedent in the actual games. But hey, everyone else seems to be jacking it up, so I'm adding U-turn and Draco Meteor (maybe Earth Power?).

Concept: Mega-Sceptile was designed to be an all-purpose revenge killer. That delicious base 155 Speed allows it to outrun the entire unboosted OU metagame (bar Deoxys-S), and base 140 Special Attack ensures that everything but the fattest of special walls is going to get hurt by SOMETHING in our arsenal. The ability Technician started out as just a flavor gimmick, since it's associated with quick-moving, dexterous fighters like Scizor and Meowth, but it's got some competitive utility as well, turning Dragon Breath into a 90-BP STAB with a 30% paralysis chance and making Hidden Power actually threatening. When you've smashed something with Leaf Storm/Draco Meteor, just U-turn on out of there to preserve momentum (unless your enemy has a priority move, in which case that's a bad idea). The Attack buff is more for flavor than anything, but it makes a Swords Dance set somewhat viable as well (I'm thinking SD, Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw/Outrage, and Earthquake). Unfortunately, Mega-Sceptile's still got major problems with priority, so it appreciates a teammate with enough physical bulk to take those hits (and something to sponge those annoying Ice moves).

Last edited:

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Meet dragon slayer

Weavile
Typing: same
Ability: Pressure/ Pickpocket ------> Technician
70/120/65/45/85/125 -----> 70/125/85/80/95/155
+ Icicle Spear

Base 155 makes this monster the third fastest pokemon in the game, while its physical attack didn't got a huge boost, it got a huge boost with the ability technician. Now weavile can use a powerful STAB move alongside knock off and fake out looks like a viable option to revenge kill things like talonflame or DD E-speed Dragonite. Bit broken? Tell me your thoughts!​

Last edited:
Last one of my first batch. Reserving Staraptor and the based god Shuckle

Reuniclus
Ability: Overcoat / Magic Guard / Regenerator ===> Trick Room (needs name as well): Sets up the Trick Room battle condition upon switch in
Stats: 110 / 65 / 75 / 125 / 85 / 30 ===> 110 / 85 / 95 / 155 / 105 / 30
GG hyper offense. Reuniclus's main niche is Trick Room, which has no real reliable setter. In comes mega reuniclus. With Improved bulk and a massive special attack stat, this buff single-handedly makes an entire playstyle a ton more viable.

Meet dragon slayer

Weavile
Typing: same
Ability: Pressure/ Pickpocket ------> Refrigerate
70/120/65/45/85/125 -----> 70/125/85/80/95/155
Base 155 makes this monster the third fastest pokemon in the game, while its physical attack didn't got a huge boost, it got a huge boost with the ability refrigerate. Now weavile can use a powerful STAB move alongside knock off and fake out looks like a viable option to revenge kill things like talonflame or DD E-speed Dragonite. Bit broken? Tell me your thoughts!​
Fridge weavile is almost broken even in a meta like AAA. Borked.

► Mega Dunsparce
Type: Normal → Normal / Flying
Ability: Serene Grace / Run Away / Rattled [Hidden Ability] → Rock Head
Moves: +Rapid Spin, +Dragon Dance, +Quick Attack, +Whirlwind, +Brave Bird, +Air Slash and only for the purpose of adding flavour-wise stuff, more moves like Gust etc.

Dunsparce is based on the mythical Tsuchinoko, a serpentine cryptid of Japan. It's a myth, similar to Big Foot or the Chupacabra. Although, its' wings bring to the table the Feathered Serpent (Quetzalcoatl), which is a supernatural entity in many Mesoamerican religions. This makes the secondary new type, Flying, completely legitimate.

Since Dunsparce it's the same size of Salamence (4'11″ or 1.5 meters), it should be able to execute many moves dependant on size/power, which brings more stuff to the movepool, like Flying STAB Brave Bird and more filler moves. Dunsparce it's pretty much known for it's tail, which in this mega evolution gets stronger, adding to the Attack base stat of this pokémon.

Dunsparce even gets more agile, and capable of moving better with it's wings into this new design made by Dragonith: this is the reason he gets Quick Attack and a slightly better Speed base stat which he can further more upgrade by utilizing Dragon Dance, boosting both his Speed and Attack statistics.

After this revision of this underrated pokémon, Mega Dunsparce could probably be a good answer to your team - if you're looking for a bulky, powerful pokémon with double 120 BP STAB attacks (Brave Bird, Double Edge) with four really nice boosting moves (Dragon Dance, Coil, Agility and Curse), nice supporting moves and recovery in the form of Roost, with overall good stats and awesome coverage (Wild Charge, Earthquake, Pursuit, Poison Jab, Rock Slide) this is it.

I don't really know how to revise Dunsparce anymore, so if anyone's got some suggestions that could maybe make this Mega Evolution more worthwile to use - you can tell me/the Original Poster.

► BST: 100 / 70 / 70 / 65 / 65 / 45 (415) → 100 / 120 / 90 / 65 / 75 / 65 (515)​

I hope this is good enough.

canno

formerly The Reptile

Victini

Fire / Psychic ---> Fire / Fairy
Victory Star ---> No Guard
100/100/100/100/100/100 BST 600 ---> 100/125/100/155/100/120 BST 700
Vicitni now gets Play Rough and Moonblast

Concept: Victni has 2 sets in standard - physical V-Create spam and special with powerful event moves. No Guard was chosen because most of victini's moves do not have perfect accuracy. This isn't a huge problem due to Victory Star granting 1.1x accuracy. No Guard is the next logical step, letting it use low accuracy moves without fear. Now you might notice a huge special bias instead of physical - that's because V-Create, the main reason to use physicaltini, is much better off as a choiced attack, and lets normal victini still have purpose, as its V-Creates are stronger with a boosting item. However, 125 w/o boosting item is still strong, and it is faster than non-scarf victini with 125 speed. The main focus here is special offense though - No Guard lets it spam moves like Thunder, Inferno, Focus Blast, and other low accuracy moves. The new moves it gets are Play Rough and Moonblast for Fairy STAB. Speaking of Fairy, the reason for that is it is a much better typing for Vicinti, giving it some neat resists and, more importantly, not pursuit weak.

Galvantula

No Type Change (Electric / Bug)
Compound Eyes / Unnerve / Swarm [HA] ---> Compound Eyes
70/77/60/97/60/108 BST 472 ---> 70/77/75/147/65/138 BST 572
No New Moves

Concept: So Galvantula mainly has 2 "niches" (well ok one) - Compound Eyes Thunder and Sticky Web. The latter is already pretty neat, as its STABs threaten the (current) common Magic Bouncers. However, it has been held back by its kind of bad Special Attack - 97 is not very good. So the main things focuses here are its SpA and Speed. While its Speed is pretty good, a buff would be much appreciated. 138 is really fast - allowing Galvantula to get its web up easier. The Special Attack boost is much needed, now letting it smack things around with Thunder. The SpA is still kind of low compared to other Mega Mons, but its strong enough, especially with Thunder. The extra bulk is minor but lets it take some weaker prioirty attacks.

Feraligatr

Water ---> Water / Poison
Torrent / Sheer Force [HA] ---> Strong Jaw
85/105/100/79/83/78 BST 530 ---> 85/150/110/84/103/98 BST 630
Feraligatr now gets Thunder Fang and Poison Fang

Concept: So Feraligatr is just a simple Dragon Dance mon. However, I decided to make it a Strong Jaw abuse mon, considering its design and how the coverage from the fang moves are neat. The speed is still kind of slow - 98 is only ok. However, it has a huge 160 attack. Water / Poison works as a bulky typing, with Crunch being a decent coverage move thanks to Strong Jaw. Another intersting point is that Poison Fang has decent power - 75 BP before STAB - but a 50% chance to badly poison things. This makes Feraligatr a very intersting poke. It can run SD and DD easily - 98 is just fast enough to work with Dragon Dance, while Sword Dance can break walls and still use its powerful Aqua Jets vs offensive teams. Again, Poison Fang is an interesting move as a wall breaker, as it has a 50% chance to badly poison things, mainly walls which hate it. Originally it was going to be Water / Dark, but that feels a bit bland, even though Strong Jaw Crunch would smack things with STAB on it. I feel that the Poison sub-typing along with Poison Fang is much more unique to it.

It it's possible, can I reserve Beedrill? nvm its already reserved

Last edited:
The bae Shuckle is gonna take a bit, so I'll go ahead and drop off Staraptor

Staraptor
Typing: Normal / Flying ===> Fighting / Flying
Ability: Intimidate / Reckless ===> Reckless
Stats: 85 / 120 / 70 / 50 / 60 / 100 ===> 85 / 135 / 90 / 80 / 70 / 125
Now gets High Jump Kick. Never mind I'd rather not shatter the meta

Staraptor on its own is a pretty big force, even with a kinda shitty dual STAB combo. However, with a new fighting typing and a reckless STAB HJK, staraptor breaks many walls it wouldn't otherwise. I dumped a lot of stat points into SpA due to it being possibly borked

Last edited:

Victini

Fire / Psychic ---> Fire / Fairy
Victory Star ---> No Guard
100/100/100/100/100/100 BST 600 ---> 100/125/100/155/100/120 BST 700
Vicitni now gets Play Rough and Moonblast

Concept: Victni has 2 sets in standard - physical V-Create spam and special with powerful event moves. No Guard was chosen because most of victini's moves do not have perfect accuracy. This isn't a huge problem due to Victory Star granting 1.1x accuracy. No Guard is the next logical step, letting it use low accuracy moves without fear. Now you might notice a huge special bias instead of physical - that's because V-Create, the main reason to use physicaltini, is much better off as a choiced attack, and lets normal victini still have purpose, as its V-Creates are stronger with a boosting item. However, 125 w/o boosting item is still strong, and it is faster than non-scarf victini with 125 speed. The main focus here is special offense though - No Guard lets it spam moves like Thunder, Inferno, Focus Blast, and other low accuracy moves. The new moves it gets are Play Rough and Moonblast for Fairy STAB. Speaking of Fairy, the reason for that is it is a much better typing for Vicinti, giving it some neat resists and, more importantly, not pursuit weak.

Galvantula

No Type Change (Electric / Bug)
Compound Eyes / Unnerve / Swarm [HA] ---> Compound Eyes
70/77/60/97/60/108 BST 472 ---> 70/77/75/147/65/138 BST 552
No New Moves

Concept: So Galvantula mainly has 2 "niches" (well ok one) - Compound Eyes Thunder and Sticky Web. The latter is already pretty neat, as its STABs threaten the (current) common Magic Bouncers. However, it has been held back by its kind of bad Special Attack - 97 is not very good. So the main things focuses here are its SpA and Speed. While its Speed is pretty good, a buff would be much appreciated. 138 is really fast - allowing Galvantula to get its web up easier. The Special Attack boost is much needed, now letting it smack things around with Thunder. The SpA is still kind of low compared to other Mega Mons, but its strong enough, especially with Thunder. The extra bulk is minor but lets it take some weaker prioirty attacks.

Feraligatr

Water ---> Water / Poison
Torrent / Sheer Force [HA] ---> Strong Jaw
85/105/100/79/83/78 BST 530 ---> 85/160/105/79/103/98 BST 630
Feraligatr now gets Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Poison Fang

Concept: So Feraligatr is just a simple Dragon Dance mon. However, I decided to make it a Strong Jaw abuse mon, considering its design and how the coverage from the fang moves are neat. The speed is still kind of slow - 98 is only ok. However, it has a huge 160 attack. Water / Poison works as a bulky typing, with Crunch being a decent coverage move thanks to Strong Jaw. Another intersting point is that Poison Fang has decent power - 75 BP before STAB - but a 50% chance to badly poison things. This makes Feraligatr a very intersting poke. It can run SD and DD easily - 98 is just fast enough to work with Dragon Dance, while Sword Dance can break walls and still use its powerful Aqua Jets vs offensive teams. Again, Poison Fang is an interesting move as a wall breaker, as it has a 50% chance to badly poison things, mainly walls which hate it. Originally it was going to be Water / Dark, but that feels a bit bland, even though Strong Jaw Crunch would smack things with STAB on it. I feel that the Poison sub-typing along with Poison Fang is much more unique to it.
Hey. I noticed something about your mega evolutions. First of all, why does a Water pokémon like Feraligatr learn a fire move like Fire fang? I know Octillery, Palkia and other pokémon learn Fire Blast and stuff like that, but this is a starter, and a different case overall. Other than that, I wanted to point out something that bugs me. I think you have "outbroken" Feraligatr, since even Mega Blaziken who is a fighting pokémon, gets only a 40 boost in ATK and he DOESN'T have an attack-boosting ability, like Strong Jaw. And with 98 Speed, capable of outspeeding some pokémons like Dragonite, he could wreck everything. I just wanted to say that 160 ATK is uber-standard, not OU-standard. I agree that there are some wallbreakers like Mega Mawile who, after IVs, EVs and stuff, reach like an uninvested 230 base stat ATK, but that is justified by having low BST - bad defenses and awful speed, but that is because of the pokémon itself (a steel pokèmon with two large mouths devouring everything, that's scary).

Sorry about my english.

Empoleon
Water/Steel
Ability: Torrent/Defiant --> Mold Breaker
Stats: 84/86/88/111/101/60 --> 84/116/118/126/116/70
Movepool: +Hurricane +Slack Off +Iron Head
Mold Breaker allows Mega Empoleon to set up Stealth Rock and to Defog without worries from Magic Bounce and other abilities. Mold Breaker also ignores Dry Skin, Water Absorb and Storm Drain, allowing it to use no-immunity Scalds, Aqua Jets and Hydro Pumps. Nothing can escape the mighty penguin's Roar unless they decide to hold a Shed Shell for some reason. It can also set up Swords Dance on Unaware mons and hit Levitaters with Earthquake. Hurricane widens its Special movepool and lets it perform well on Rain teams, Slack Off gives it much-needed recovery, and Iron Head gives it a good physical Steel STAB move. The stat adjustments allow it to use its physical movepool and improve its bulk. Since normal Empoleon rarely uses Life Orb on Special sets, Mega Empoleon is overpowering its normal form on all sets other than Choice Specs. The ten point increase in Speed allows it use Agility better and Defog slightly faster.

Will write analyses for Serperior and Greninja later.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Hey. I noticed something about your mega evolutions. First of all, why does a Water pokémon like Feraligatr learn a fire move like Fire fang? I know Octillery, Palkia and other pokémon learn Fire Blast and stuff like that, but this is a starter, and a different case overall. Other than that, I wanted to point out something that bugs me. I think you have "outbroken" Feraligatr, since even Mega Blaziken who is a fighting pokémon, gets only a 40 boost in ATK and he DOESN'T have an attack-boosting ability, like Strong Jaw. And with 98 Speed, capable of outspeeding some pokémons like Dragonite, he could wreck everything. I just wanted to say that 160 ATK is uber-standard, not OU-standard. I agree that there are some wallbreakers like Mega Mawile who, after IVs, EVs and stuff, reach like an uninvested 230 base stat ATK, but that is justified by having low BST - bad defenses and awful speed, but that is because of the pokémon itself (a steel pokèmon with two large mouths devouring everything, that's scary).

Sorry about my english.
Well, I just kind of gave it all the fang moves, although I can see the problem with this. I can easily remove it.

As for Feraligatr, I don't feel like 160 is broken tbh - remember, most MegaMon are support to be put into Uber levels. We have M-Pinsir with 155 Attack AND Aerilate, M-Heracross has a huge 185 attack, and Skill Link does give it powerful moves (bar its Fighting STAB - which is Close Combat). Absol has 150, which is only 10 points shy away from 160. M-Mawile, like you mentioned, has insane power, and decent bulk. M-Medicham also sports high power and its faster too. Also, other starters have crazy stats - ZardY has 159 special attack AND Drought to boost its Fire STABs even farther. The other offensive mega mon starter aren't as crazy, I agree (although Zard X has 130 + Tough Claws, but has much better STABs) Not only that, but Strong Jaw only really boosts one STAB move - Poison Fang, and even then it only reaches 75 BP. I can see the concern for 160, and might drop it to 150, but honestly I don't think it's broken, especially when you consider it can't hold a boosting item.

Okay I think I replied to most everyone.... phew

Here's Tentacruel. I plan on reserving more once i finish Reuni as well

Tentacruel
Ability: Clear Body / Liquid Ooze / Rain Dish ===> Drizzle
80 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 120 / 100 ===> 80 / 70 / 95 / 105 / 140 / 100

Rain's most reliable setter as of right now is the all too powerful Politoed, who has proven that without his ability, he is dead weight. Tentacruel, being something with an existing niche as is, functions a lot like ZardY in being a bulkier, more powerful weather setter. IT can use it's bulk and decent typing as well, to set up Tspikes as well as set up rain

And that was my thought with a speed drop. Dropping to something along the lines of 65 would allow it to be outsped by several scarfers even at +1, so that may be beneficial
Yeah a speed drop makes sense as DD Zygarde would be really scary and it still makes coil and other Zygarde sets usable

Drizzle Tentacruel sounds good as well.

Donphan
Type: Same
Abillity: Sturdy/Sand Veil --> Scrappy
Stats: 90/120/120/60/60/50 --> 90/135/140/65/80/90

Concept: Donphan is a spinner, simply put at that. It, as well as other spinners have been having a rough time lately, with the arise of defog and its abillity to go through ghost types. I was thinking of a couple of ways to give Donphan a way to hit them and I decided to add normal typing + scrappy since it makes sense flavorwise. This lets donphan go through ghost types with its rapid spin as well as take on Bisharp. Its other stats where added to give it much needed buffs over its regular form.
Looks good as well but I liked normal typing, Normal typing is actually really nice as it allows it to spin on both Aegislash and Gengar (See ya Deosharp XD)

I don't normally participate in Pet Mods but its a really fun concept that everyone has probably thought of :]

Reserving Qwilfish, Pangoro, Vanilluxe.

Qwilfish
Original Base Stat Total: 65 / 95 / 75 / 55 / 55 / 85 ---> 65 / 105 / 115 / 55 / 95 / 95

Concept: Qwilfish has all the tools it needs to be successful in OU; Intimidate, Good Support Movepool, Good Typing. It just lacks the defensive stats to compliment its role. Since I can't change HP I pumped the majority of its boosts into its Defenses with a + 40 boost in Defense and +40 boost in SpD. The extra Speed outspeeds Landog and the extra attack puts it above average.

Pangoro
Dark / Fighting ----> Poison / Fighting
Scrappy / Mold Breaker / Iron Fist ----> Regenerator
Normal Typing ----> Mega Typing (If it gets a new typing)
Normal Abilities ----> Mega Ability
Original Base Stat Total: 95 / 124 / 78 / 69 / 71 / 58 ---> 95 / 125 / 108 / 69 / 110 / 78

Concept: Only Abuser of Parting Shot so obviously this is what comes up. Greatly Improved Bulk + Regenerator + Parting Shot = Profit. The new typing grants it a way to beat fairies as they shit on Pangoro. The loss in overall coverage doesn't really matter because Pangoro should be Parting Shotting most of the time anyways.

Vanilluxe
Ice ----> Ice / Steel
Weak Armor / Ice Body ----> Adaptability
Original Base Stat Total: 71 / 95 / 85 / 110 / 95 / 79 ---> 71 / 85 / 105 / 150 / 115 / 109
New Moves: + Earth Power

Concept: Vanilluxe's has crap movepool. However, what it does have, is Ice and Steel, as well as Autotomize. I'm not a fan of giving moves, but... it really needs it. Ice / Steel compliments its Offensive movepool as well as a neutrality to SR. I took away 10 from attack because it honestly is way too much. Increased bulk b/c no recovery and High SpA and Spe are given.
I'm gonna put this in the OP but if you edit your original post with your Megas make sure to Tag me also please don't drop stats such as attack I'm gonna just take some points out of Sp. Def and keep the same spread if thats okay.

The bae Shuckle is gonna take a bit, so I'll go ahead and drop off Staraptor

Staraptor
Typing: Normal / Flying ===> Fighting / Flying
Ability: Intimidate / Reckless ===> Reckless
Stats: 85 / 120 / 70 / 50 / 60 / 100 ===> 85 / 135 / 90 / 80 / 70 / 125
Now gets High Jump Kick. sorry meta

Staraptor on its own is a pretty big force, even with a kinda shitty dual STAB combo. However, with a new fighting typing and a reckless STAB HJK, staraptor breaks many walls it wouldn't otherwise. I dumped a lot of stat points into SpA due to it being possibly borked
I think its fine with just Close Combat as it also gets a buff by getting to use intimidate pre-Mevo

I'm like most all of these with the exception of Mega-Weavile and Farfetch'd as they're both too fast and strong. Thisisafake name Mew2

Mega Exploud
Type: Normal
Ability: Scrappy
Stats: 104/91/63/91/73/68(490) >>> 104/126/88/126/88/58(590)
The increases in bulk help it actually stay alive and make it a relatively formidable opponent. Both the offensive stats got boosts, thought attack probably won't be as useful, allowing him to break through any wall. This enhances his best aspects but the drop in speed puts him in a very poor position meaning a lot of things will out-speed it and kill. Doesn't really need a new ability or type, so those were left alone. I was thinking about adding a secondary ghost or fighting type so it's stabs are not walled by steel and rock types, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

I think I did a decent job keeping this somewhat balanced. It's not overly broken, it just does its job better. So I'm happy with this for now.

Mega Rapidash

Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability: Regenerator
65 / 125 / 115 / 80 / 90 / 125
Moves: +Play Rough, +U-Turn

I can't art to portray this, but Rapidash needs a pegasus mevo. So uh, picture this as a fiery pegasus thing.
Competitive reasoning:
With a unique defensive typing of Fire/Fairy, Regenerator, Will-o-Wisp, and 65 / 115 / 90 defenses, Mega Rapidash can check various physical attackers with a set of:

Rapidash @ Mega Stone
Trait: Flash Fire > Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Will-o-Wisp

It can defeat dangerous physical attackers such as Bisharp, Garchomp, Weavile, Kyurem-B, Mega Mawile, Lucario, Dragonite, and Mega Charizard X by switching in on resisted moves or recieving a free switch from another VoltTurner, such as Rotom-W or Landorus-T. With Will-o-Wisp it can take even attacks such as LO Garchomp's Earthquake or Mega Mawile's Iron Head. It can form a VoltTurn defensive core with Landorus-T and Rotom-w, the three covering all of each other's weaknesses except the not often seen Poison. It can also form a FWG Regenerator core with Amoonguss and AV Slowbro.

Mega Meloetta

Type: Normal/Fairy
Ability: Serene Grace
100 / 97 / 97 / 168 / 168 / 70
Moves: +Moonblast, +Quiver Dance

I contemplated giving Meloetta two Megas, one physical and one special, but decided against it. Design wise, ballroom dancer theme. But once again I have no ability to art to design it.

Competitive Reasoning:
We all know Meloetta needs Quiver Dance (Boomburst, too, but I decided both might be a bit much). Regardless of most other Quiver Dancers being butterflies, Meloetta is kind of the song/dance pokemon. Plus, Lilligant shows that being a butterfly (or fiery moth thing) isn't a requirement for the move. I kept normal Meloetta's stat theme (Identical Special stats and identical Physical stats), increasing attack to keep up with Defense despite that boost being competitively useless. I decreased Speed to 70 to make revenge killing more plausible (Meloetta is still outsped by most Scarfers at +1, and very fast things can outspeed even without a scarf). It's gigantic special bulk and Spd boost from Quiver Dance lets it set up on most special attackers, and it can use its resists from Fairy to even set up on some physical attackers. It's a very effective sweeper and wallbreaker with even only one Quiver Dance boost, but somewhat prone to being revenge killed by strong physical attacks. I'm slightly dubious on the balance of this one, but I think the prominence of priority and high population of physical attackers should keep it in check.

Will do Mightyena in a bit. Reserving Umbreon since these two are done.

I'm actually dropping Shuckle, due to having no good ideas that aren't dumb broken. Reserving Regice instead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)