np: XY UU Stage 2 - Light Em Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Alrighty then, let's recap the events that took place in the past couple of days.

Salamence got kicked back to BL with a 6-6 vote, the June tier shifts caused Gardevoir, Manectric, Medicham, Quagsire, Smeargle, and Vaporeon to rise from UU to OU. Scolipede also goes from BL to OU. This, of course, means no retest for Medichamite, Gardevoirite, or Scolipede, unless any of them drop back down by the next shift.

Now the cool part: UU just got a hell of a lot cooler with all of Alakazam, Blissey, Goodra, Infernape, Lucario, and Volcarona dropping in to say hello. Manaphy comes back down to BL, meaning it will be getting a test if it stays in BL during the next shift (or if we get to it before that happens). All of the drops will be allowed to remain in the tier for approximately two weeks before the council has a vote to decide which ones are potentially broken. Those with six or more BL votes will be sent up and will join the waiting list of suspects.

Two more ridiculously strong Fire-types? Fuck it, Light 'em Up.

Volc broke. Almost everything that gives it a problem is currently sitting happily in OU. And holy shit, time to spam Modest Mega Alakazam.

DAMN NIGGA STOLE MY FIRST AGAIN

But just my quick thoughts on the drops.

Alakazam
- If sash it's fairly weak, if mega it's susceptible to priority and shit like u-turn from Mienshao completely fucks it up, idk could be a bit too strong but we'll have to wait and see how it performs in practice.
Blissey - Yet another pink little fatty to join the infamous core, Stall just increased in viability with the drop of Blissey but expect a lot of mons adapting their sets to get around this pink piece of shit.
Goodra - Bulky offense got a new toy, still another Dragon that can actually push past Florges if it uses the right coverage moves but idk if Sludge Wave is worth it to give up on options like EQ, Power Whip, Ice Beam, Tbolt etc etc.
Infernape - Amazing suicide lead, great Abilities, great Typing, will be very fun to try out this guy (already have as a suicide lead and he's working out beautifully.
Lucario - The beast from gen 4 has finally graced UU with it's presence. Expect a lot of Scarf Chandy's and Slowbro's trying to check this thing only to be met with a Crunch to the dome. Will be interesting to see how it goes, I can see him becoming a very overcentralising mon.
Volcarona - 4x weak to Stealth Rock? Not a problem, still sweep your team 6-0 BITCH. Moth is a man, obviously with Flyingspam being one of the number 1 strats in OU, it's easy to see why Volc fell out in usage but alas I still think it might be a bit gud for UU.

All the mons leaving don't really need much explanation, underrated megas are gaining appreciation in Garde and Cham, Quag is amazing on Stall, Manectric actually fits perfectly in the OU meta and the others leave cause of the very skillful strat known as Baton Pass :]

So yeah, UU will be a lot of fun for a bit, I look forward to seeing the innovators come up with new offensive cores, new stall cores and everything in between. Like I said in stage 1.

#UUMETABESTMETA

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Light em up up up light em up up up light em up up up ITS ON FIRE!!!!

I cant wait for the tiers to be implemented. I like the idea of blissey and goodra. I also cant wait to spam Volcarona until it it banned and I came up with a set i think will be pretty cool. A SubQD set will be cool with Sub / QD / Bug Buzz / Fiery dance with EVs of 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe and a Timid Nature (0 ATK IVS!!). The HP EVs are exactly enough for a sub to always take a foul play and can always take a moonblast so it can set up all over special walls.

DAMN NIGGA STOLE MY FIRST AGAIN
GET ON MY SPEED TIER BRO

Anyways, to add to my first post, I can see Infernape, Blissey, and Goodra being solid additions to the meta, while shit like Volcarona, Mega Alakazam, and maybe Lucario might be too broken for the meta. Obviously Gardevoir and Manetric will be missed, and to a lesser extent Smeargle and Quagsire, but this time. I think the drops were more notable than what we lost.

Choice Scarf Infernape seems like its going to be really good in UU. It has a bitchin speed tier and outpaces virtually all of the current common scarf users, good dual STAB and U-turn, plus its a great check/revenge killer for two of the more dangerous drop downs Volcarona and Alakazam.

Considering all the speedy scarfed fire and fighting types running around in this tier, I think lucario is far from broken. Volc and (maybe) alakazam however......

also guys, a moment in silence for Vaporeon, cruelly stolen from us by OU and Baton Pass :(

also uh i will laugh if manaphy even comes back

Alakazam- Gonna be really good at revenge killing w/ sashes. Tbh the mega form is kinda useless and life orb / sash is so much better
Blissey - Welp hi stall teams
Goodra - Tbh I find this thing kinda pointless since florges and other better dragons in the tier
Infernape - Mixed is gonna be the best set imo, Scarf is very good but mixed is gonna be the most threatening
Lucario - I think this is the drop people are gonna talk about the least. So good and has the ability to boost either physical or special
Volcarona - Plz stay in uu forever idc if you turn out to be broken. Just the idea of a uu volc meta makes me laugh

Man, this drop is hurting my head trying to build with these guys. Trying to check lucario and volcarona is pretty limiting.

I'd like to say that sashnape madet made ho a whole lot better, while not having as much speed as self, it gets priority and fucks other ho leads with fake out.

ALSO megadactyl really loves the fact that a lot of shit that troubled it moved up so its also a p good choice in the current meta :]

An usable Mach Punch user that isn't named Hitmonlee? :o

Anyway Mega Alakazam is borked as fuck. I am gonna hide all my speed boosting Sharpedo and Yanmega to avoid getting counter-shrekted by this beast. It checks weather teams pretty well too unless your name is Kabutops with Aqua Jet

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks above for reminding me something I wanted to post.

With these drops, we're getting some priority to play with :]. Before now, priority has been pretty much locked up in the shitfest called OU. And not just any priority, but Fighting- and Steel-type priority (Vacuum Wave + Bullet Punch Lucario and Mach Punch Infernape, and someone please calculate what +2 Bullet Punch does to Florges for me). Infernape in particular also has a great speed tier, with the Mixed Scarf set being faster than the previously fastest Scarfer, Mienshao. This, combined with rocks, priority, and mixed attacking stats make it a big threat in the metagame. Scarf Hydrei? +6 Speed Sharpedo? Say hello the Mach Punch. It also joins Toxicroak as a Fighting-type that isn't afraid of Fairy-types, and only takes 1/8 from Stealth Rock. This also applies to Lucario. Overall, we got two strong Pokemon that will no doubt change the tier drastically. They'll be fun to play with n_n.

Edit: See below.

Last edited:
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 350-414 (97.2 - 115%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO and with rocks
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 350-414 (97.2 - 115%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 350-414 (97.2 - 115%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO and with rocks
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 350-414 (97.2 - 115%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
So don't use Florges as a counter

Yep, Lucario can set up SD on it (takes ~60%) and OHKO back after lefties. Infernape can also survive, but idk what it can do back.
252+ Atk Infernape Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 226-266 (62.7 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery might as well use gunk shot 252+ Atk Infernape Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 338-398 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock without rocks it's 62.5 chance to ohko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)