Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the island south of 132. I'm talking about the one right below Pacifidlog; the bigger one with the forests and such.

I was thinking on saying something about Volcanion who is immune to water atttacks, but then I remembered that Kyogre gets Thunder >_>

Someone suggested that a lone Manaphy egg be discoverable on mirage island. I think that's a nice compromise between using the ranger games to get it but not having it be extremely common all of a sudden; GF has a thing for keeping Manaphy extremely rare.

Other places missing or covered are, as others have said, the battle frontier and southern island.

And as a quick sidenote, remember that events previously allowed access to naval rock (Ho-Oh and Lugia), birth island (Deoxys), and world's end island (Mew).

Finally, didn't we just recently hack XY/3DS? I'm wondering if we'll be able to data mine for events/movepools/etc like we did for HGSS and BW.

Wow. The video was kind of underwhelming, but the newly released map was a surprise.

This is the old Hoenn map, from Emerald. Below, the new map.

I can see numerous changes:

1) Biggest and foremost, the ocean in the East. Now there are islands everywhere. It seems like the days of uninterrupted surfing are gone, this generation, we're going to be island-hopping.

2) Apart from Sootopolis, I count four islands with closed-off water ponds. I think at least two of those will be accessible by Dive only, namely the little o-shaped island northwest of Sootopolis, and the larger, a-shaped one in the bottom southwest.

3) Stuff happening where the Abandoned Ship used to be. Is the Battle Frontier rebranded/relocated? Have they expanded on the Abandoned Ship?

4) Big, white spot just south of Route 132. Is this Mirage Island, or a spot used to obscure something? It's too uniform to be a regular cloud.

5) Something eerie in the north. Distortion world? Darkrai at work? Warp zone to a different time, when Groudon and Kyogre were at the height of their power? We can only guess...

6) Rusturf Tunnel seems not to be aligned East-West anymore. It's been turned 45 degrees, now running Northeast-Southwest.

7) It might just be me and my pareidolia, but I see a face in the cloud in the northeast. Something with narrow eyes and long, spiky whiskers. It reminds me of the Genies, but doesn't look like any of them in particular.

8) Sky Pillar appears to be gone. EDIT: Or relocated to between Sootopolis and Ever Grande City.

9) Ever Grande City appears to be as un-city-like as ever. I seriously hope for a name change, they can't tease players with an entire city, only for it to have ONE building.
I think the battle tower and the Sky Pillar are covered by clouds at the moment. There is definitely something hiding near route 132, that is clearly not a cloud.

What if they add the Sea Temple. You know to get Manaphy. It isn't too Farfetch'd considering they've put aspects of the movies into the game before.

I don't want to go too much into speculation, but if Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza want a buff to break ubers, surely they want speed rather than just attack?

Yes, 200+SpAt/ At BP STAB moves in the weather are scary, but that kind of power is already possible with life orb or a choice item. Kyogre's only real downside is having "only" 90 speed, which means that a significant proportion of the ubers meta can either revenge or check it (with a prediction).

But any kind of speed buff (20+) probably has the potential to break ubers, it would just open so many more options, and make Kyogre especially so much harder to deal with. It also applies to Groudon/Rayquaza, who would both be damn scary with a naturally fast SD set.

As for the map, I think we have to be careful about over-analysing it. A lot of the "new features" may just be there for deocration, considering that the original games were basically 2D and didn't need any "background art" - such as the mountain range from Verdanturf to Mt Chimney. They were obviously going to make the water routes less bland, so a difference should be expected.

For me, a few things stand out about the map (although fairly obvious) - that being the obstruction of Sky Pillar/ the Frontier, whatever that is in the top center, and the island below pacifidlog - which seems to be too extensive just for decoration. Overall, the map looks very similar to RSE - even down to the number of buildings and the approximate size of the routes. In fact it's so similar that if I didn't know it was from the official site I'd say it was fan art made for RSE.

I don't think Faraway Island would show up on the map, it shouldn't be anywhere near the map...

Anyone else think Milotic is getting a mega? It's one of the fan-favorites from this gen & could use a boost.

I don't think Faraway Island would show up on the map, it shouldn't be anywhere near the map...

Anyone else think Milotic is getting a mega? It's one of the fan-favorites from this gen & could use a boost.
If Wallace does turn out to be the champion (please no) or at least can be battled in the postgame, then it would be a logical Pokémon for him to use. Considering Mega Gyarados, it would probably get a Water/Psychic or Water/Fairy typing.

Unfortunately, since Wallace is probably going to be a Gym Leader if this is based on Ruby/Sapphire, it doesn't seem all that likely since there's no precedent for a Gym Leader using a Mega Pokémon in their Gym battle.

EDIT: I was just thinking that if a Mega Milotic was made, then it would almost have to be affiliated with Wallace. Oh well, it's certainly possible either way.

Last edited:
I don't want to go too much into speculation, but if Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza want a buff to break ubers, surely they want speed rather than just attack?

Yes, 200+SpAt/ At BP STAB moves in the weather are scary, but that kind of power is already possible with life orb or a choice item. Kyogre's only real downside is having "only" 90 speed, which means that a significant proportion of the ubers meta can either revenge or check it (with a prediction).

But any kind of speed buff (20+) probably has the potential to break ubers, it would just open so many more options, and make Kyogre especially so much harder to deal with. It also applies to Groudon/Rayquaza, who would both be damn scary with a naturally fast SD set.

As for the map, I think we have to be careful about over-analysing it. A lot of the "new features" may just be there for deocration, considering that the original games were basically 2D and didn't need any "background art" - such as the mountain range from Verdanturf to Mt Chimney. They were obviously going to make the water routes less bland, so a difference should be expected.

For me, a few things stand out about the map (although fairly obvious) - that being the obstruction of Sky Pillar/ the Frontier, whatever that is in the top center, and the island below pacifidlog - which seems to be too extensive just for decoration. Overall, the map looks very similar to RSE - even down to the number of buildings and the approximate size of the routes. In fact it's so similar that if I didn't know it was from the official site I'd say it was fan art made for RSE.
Remember that Mega boosts tend to be 100 points, and they didn't mention more than one stat boost when they first revealed mega evolution. I personally would like to see +50 main offense, +15 speed, +20 other offense + 15 lower defense.

As for the map, I think we've mostly been speculating on the things you mentioned. Still, a grain of salt is in order what with everything that WASNT hidden under the clouds of Kalos.

Unfortunately, since Wallace is probably going to be a Gym Leader if this is based on Ruby/Sapphire, it doesn't seem all that likely since there's no precedent for a Gym Leader using a Mega Pokémon in their Gym battle.
Maybe not, but it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to have one as a nod to his status as champion in Emerald, placing him a cut above the other leaders.

If Wallace does turn out to be the champion (please no) or at least can be battled in the postgame, then it would be a logical Pokémon for him to use. Considering Mega Gyarados, it would probably get a Water/Psychic or Water/Fairy typing.

It's mega doesn't have to get used by a notable character though. Plenty of fan-fave pokemon had megas and weren't seen in-game unless they were yours (Scizor, T-tar, Aggron, etc).

Also, maybe you face Wallace & Steven in a double battle post game & they both use megas.

EDIT: I was just thinking that if a Mega Milotic was made, then it would almost have to be affiliated with Wallace. Oh well, it's certainly possible either way.
Maybe they'll give all gym leaders megas when you battle them in post-game.

from the new animations, I have to wonder if the primal forms don't have secondary typings. Kyogre looks to flash with electricity inside and Groudon has a distinct fire vibe going. If you think about it, it would be a very balancing change to make with respect to their original typings and abilities. Kyogre always has had an innate advantage over Groudon with respect to it's typing and ability. Also Groudon has never had a super effective stab move to retaliate with against Kyogre - neither has it had a stab move also boosted by its ability.

Adding a these types to Kyogre and Groudon would fix this imbalance that has forever existed. As far as these changes working to buff Kyogre, STAB 100% accurate Thunders anyone?

Primal Groundon has been confirmed to become Ground/Fire (as if a x2 weakness wasn't enough ¬¬), but GF hasn't said anything about Primal Kyogre getting a secondary typing. At least as far as I know.

from the new animations, I have to wonder if the primal forms don't have secondary typings. Kyogre looks to flash with electricity inside and Groudon has a distinct fire vibe going. If you think about it, it would be a very balancing change to make with respect to their original typings and abilities. Kyogre always has had an innate advantage over Groudon with respect to it's typing and ability. Also Groudon has never had a super effective stab move to retaliate with against Kyogre - neither has it had a stab move also boosted by its ability.

Adding a these types to Kyogre and Groudon would fix this imbalance that has forever existed. As far as these changes working to buff Kyogre, STAB 100% accurate Thunders anyone?
Primal Kyogre is confirmed to be pure Water; Primal Groudon is confirmed to be Ground/Fire. Unfortunately, the imbalance has only become greater.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

idk about the primal evo's getting an increase of 100 BST because it would then beat Arceus in BST maybe only 50 so it only ties with Arceus.
Maybe that is why the called them primal devolution instead of mega evolutions, in addition to sounding better storywise

idk about the primal evo's getting an increase of 100 BST because it would then beat Arceus in BST maybe only 50 so it only ties with Arceus.
Maybe that is why the called them primal devolution instead of mega evolutions, in addition to sounding better storywise
Even with another 100 points, neither Groudon and Kyogre would be the strongest Pokemon in existence, especially considering Arceus isn't the strongest Pokemon in the world anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)