Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Well then.

Looks like Nintendo are NOT moving into a 3rd game with XY and instead leaping straight to Generation 3 remakes! Apparently coming this November worldwide again like XY.

Just to prove to people this is real: http://www.pokemon.com/us/

This press release confirms remake status: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/

Try and stay relatively ON TOPIC. We will be moderating this pretty harshly, so try and think before you post!

EDIT #2: It seems other sites that take their credibility more seriously (serebii) have also published this info, it looks valid at the moment.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/0...lpha-sapphire-for-nintendo-3ds-coming-sunday/

The first footage of ORAS is coming during the Pokemon Sunday-esc replacement program at 7:30pm JST. That's around 11:30pm in England, 6:30pm EST, and 3:30pm PST all on that Saturday.

This was all the footage they showed...

Corocoro leaks on the 11th:

Corocoro Leaks on 07/06/2014

Lots of new information from this months Corocoro.

Serebii said:
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Homura & Kagari. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Ushio and Izumi. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.
Primal Groudon sports Ground/Fire typing and Primal Kyogre retains just Water typing. Both get boosts to their abilities and likely their offensive stat of choice.

E3 Information:

Another TV spot style trailer.

Gym image.

Hoenn from above with some new details.

RELEASE DATES:

November 21st for Everyone apart from Europe who get it on the 28th instead (Fuck Nintendo)

Mega Sableye has been revealed:

Just found out on Serebii that details on Mega Sableye were given. Quoted from Serebii: It is confirmed that Mega Sableye retains its Dark/Ghost-type, but rather than keep any of the abilities, it gets the ability Magic Bounce. It has increased Defense and Special Attack stats, but decreased Speed.
Some new footage and Mega Diancie:

09/07/2014 - Secret Bases have been confirmed by Nintendo themselves.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-secret-is-out-on-super-secret-bases/

Pokemon Website said:
Super-Secret Bases are an awesome new way to express your creativity and join up with friends in the upcoming Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Create a Secret Base that’s all your own, including selecting and placing Decorations however you like. You can use Decorations to create tricks in your Secret Base, decide the rules for what kind of Pokémon battles are allowed there, and make it like your very own Pokémon Gym! Then get ready for other players to come and challenge you!
Using communication features, it’s easy to connect with other players around the world to share your Secret Bases with one another. When you visit another player’s Secret Base, that base’s members will be hanging out there. You can talk to them or even battle them! If you find base owners that you like, you can scout them as one of your Secret Pals and bring them back to your own Secret Base. Once you’ve become Secret Pals with someone, you can continue to have Pokémon battles against them, and also have your Pal use “special skills” to support you on your adventure.
Another fun aspect of Super-Secret Bases is a capture-the-flag activity. Examine the flag beside the Secret PC in another player’s Secret Base to obtain it! You can take one flag per day from each base visited. Visit lots of Secret Bases and collect lots of flags to improve your team’s rank and get rewards, including increasing the skills of your Secret Pals. Flag colors will change based on a team’s rank, so you can tell another team’s rank at a glance—and others can tell yours!
You can share your Super-Secret Base with Trainers all over the world! Symbolize your Secret Base with a QR Code. With a QR Code, you can get the Secret Base of a particular player you’ve been wanting to visit.
To help you get started with Super-Secret Bases, you’ll meet Secret Base Expert Aarune. Aarune and his Flygon are world travelers, bursting with excitement about the Secret Base culture in the Hoenn region. This enthusiastic adventurer will teach you all about the fun of Secret Bases during your journey.
Look forward to building your own Super-Secret Base—and visiting your friends’ Super-Secret Bases—in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, launching this November!
Corocoro Leaks 10/07/2014

Mega Metagross.

Mega Metagross has been revealed (sort of). I assume more Corocoro leaks will come throughout the day.

Shiftry with Leaf Blade too :)

Corocoro leaks 08/08/2014

Mega Lopunny, Salamence and Altaria. Pikachu gains moves depending on costume. Also there is a shiny Beldum event which seems to be similar in nature to the Torchic one.

Accidental Korean Leaks 12/08/2014

Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro.

14/08/2014 - mega Audino Officially revealed - http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-gb/pokemon/new-mega-evolutions/mega-audino

EDIT: Guys, if anyone gets a little bit of news while the thread is locked, just drop me a PM and I'll check it out and add it to the OP. I'm pretty much adding everything we find to this post, so please help me keep it up to date! :)

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My intial reaction? "Wow, that was earlier than I expected". I had thought we'd see hints of it in July, and a release in January/February. Then again, I suppose it makes sense to release it in time for Christmas. But I was hardly surprised that an RSE remake would happen.

Allow me also to speculate on the wording in the video. "A dramatic new world". "New"? Does this mean anything? Umm... probably not.

Can't wait for more news, though. The trumpets are calling.

I... am so happy right now. I'm still having a hard time believing this is real, but at last, what we have been clamoring for has been confirmed!

They seem to stress "a new world" quite a bit. I wonder if this means they won't take place in Hoenn?

I think it will be sequels similar to the direction Black and White 2 took. Megas for Kyogre and Groudon on the box art, and more. Perhaps a neo-team magma and neo-team aqua with new leaders?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Fucker Blarajan stealing my lines.

EDIT:
<@Yilx> HOW MANY MONTHS AWAY IS NOBEMBER
<@Yilx> THAT'S HOW MANY COROCORORS WE'LL GET

I don't know, they don't seem to be really that mega as they have the same shape as the regular Groudon or Kyogre.
Also as spirit said on IRC the event legends might be released sooner than expected because they never stay unreleased till 3rd game (bar gen IV arceus)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
in what way can there actually be discussion really when this is the only trailer ?_?
Well, we still have the obvious:

"HOENN CONFIRMED!"

Surprised that that phrase hasnt been used here yet, to be honest.

There's also the observation that the patterns on Groudon and Kyogre don't match those from their current sprites/models.

Anyway, I think we will get more information within a week. Nintendo will let the hype build up for a day or two, to ensure that everybody will be listening when they bring more info.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't expect them to come out with a new game this soon but I guess it's cool. I never played Ruby and Sapphire around the time they came out so I guess I'm kind of excited for this. It's just pretty sad that X and Y are "old" already.

Biggest thing I'm looking forward to is having another chance at finally going to a midnight release for one of these. I missed out on XY so I'm glad I don't have to wait years for another.

We can't rule out the fact that they aren't megas, mewtwo's megas and charizards megas look similar enough to the base form.

Feels like Gamefreak had this planned all along, just like how Heart Gold and Soul Silver were received and found out to be interactable with DPP. Maybe this might be the idea behind getting the Mega stones for the Lati twins and Soul Dew for XY.

Either way, cross your fingers for Mega Swampert and Sceptile ppl.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
They have new symbols (alpha and omega I guess) on their bodies. Being mega evolved doesn't mean they have to completely change their form.
Or it could just be because the games are called Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Finally these games are getting a remake. Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire are quite flawed games in my opnion and I never really enjoyed them. However so far these remakes look promising and I can't wait to get one of them. Out of the 2 games I am probably buying Omega Ruby because I prefer Groudon over Kyogre. Also maybe we will finally get tutor moves. STEALTH ROCK GENERATION 6 POKEMON HERE I COME! Also then we will be able to trade over Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire all the way to their remakes which is pretty funny.

In b4 Game Freak joke and we don't get anything.

The fact that they're shining is maybe plot related then, verrrry interesting. So little info to go on but still hyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)