Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk to the woman in Sunnyshore Market and if the first pokemon in your party has maxed out its EVs, she says it's worked stupendously hard and gives it an Effort Ribbon.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
when you pull up the pokemon info, whats the happy face in the lower right hand corner for? how is it achieved?
That means that PKRS has been cured on that pokemon and it can no longer spread PKRS. But it still gets x2 EVs.

What are the typical Dragonite counters in D/P?

What are the typical Dragonite counters in D/P?
Quoting the Dragonite analysis exactly:

"Ice Beam" is pretty much the usual Dragonite counter. Finding a specific Pokemon to do the job, however, is difficult - Dragonite hits hard on both sides with Dragon Dance Outrage and Choice Specs Draco Meteor. Water types with lots of defense - i.e. Suicune, Swampert - can usually come in and find out something about Dragonite's set without taking too much damage. Steel Pokemon like Metagross, Jirachi, Heatran, Empoleon, Bronzong, Magnezone, or Skarmory are usually critical in handling Dragonite's powerful Dragon attacks, which usually leave it dead (if it's stuck in Outrage) or crippled (after a Draco Meteor). Blissey can handle Draco Meteor - just beware of Focus Punch. If Dragonite isn't using Dragon Dance, fast Pokemon like Weavile with Ice attacks can often OHKO. Garchomp and Salamence work similarly with their own Dragon attacks.

How do I breed an eevee with both yawn and wish as per the Vaporeon analysis? Am I missing something?
You might be missing that Eevee is in the GROUND breeding group, and Smeargle is in the GROUND breeding group... >____>

There might be another way, but pretty much the first thing to ask when you're trying to make a breeding chain is whether something's in the GROUND breeding group. =P

I apologize if this question or a variant has already been asked, but this topic is considerably long and I'm not sure exactly what I would search for to find a similar question.

Anyway, I've been looking at the Wi-fi pokemon trading "shops", and they have left me wondering how to go about amassing useful trading material. It felt like it took forever just for me to breed and train my current team, and they're not even satisfactory as far as most of the expectations in those threads are concerned, so I don't see what I would have to offer for things that I would like. I do know that I could painstakingly breed and hatch a pokemon of considerable quality, but it seems like most everything is already made available elsewhere in the wi-fi board.

In short, my question is this: Where does one begin as far as amassing useful pokemon to trade when most everything is already being offered by someone else who is more experienced?

I apologize if this question or a variant has already been asked, but this topic is considerably long and I'm not sure exactly what I would search for to find a similar question.

Anyway, I've been looking at the Wi-fi pokemon trading "shops", and they have left me wondering how to go about amassing useful trading material. It felt like it took forever just for me to breed and train my current team, and they're not even satisfactory as far as most of the expectations in those threads are concerned, so I don't see what I would have to offer for things that I would like. I do know that I could painstakingly breed and hatch a pokemon of considerable quality, but it seems like most everything is already made available elsewhere in the wi-fi board.

In short, my question is this: Where does one begin as far as amassing useful pokemon to trade when most everything is already being offered by someone else who is more experienced?
Usually, you want to start out with Legendaries, no breeding necessary, and then get the gist of trading mechanics and correct natures and good IV's.

Then you usually want to find someone who lets you redistribute something that's good, but not widely had yet (Plust's Chansey and Jibaku's Jirachi are good examples of what happens with too much distribution). You could also find a more experienced partner, and get good things from that.

After that, you can start breeding with some good pokes, and hopefully that's marketable.

In conclusion, although most of the stuff in WiFi has already been done, you can still improve on it with better IV's, a more workable nature, or more useful Egg Moves.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there a reliable Hack Detector?
I don't want this one here: http://pokeguide.filb.de/pAC/pac.php
Its still "just" a Beta Version.

I have to check Bunch of PKMN cuz before I came here I had traded a lot of PKMN via GTS...

What does Surgo use?
It is the only hack detector out there. pika is the only one (besides the original programmers) who knows the algorithm that generates the PID for Pokemon generated by the game. And he is not going to reveal it, because if he did, then other people could use it to hack Pokemon that look legitimate in every way.

The reason it is still a beta version is that the PID generation algorithm seems to be different on the Gamecube games. Furthermore, bred Pokemon cannot be checked at all. Bred Pokemon are given a completely random set of IVs at first, from which their PID is generated from. But then three of their IVs are overwritten by those of the parents, and their PID is not adjusted to compensate for this.

And yes, it is what Surgo uses. For stuff he the Cheat Checker can't check, he looks for clues of sloppy hacking.

Is there anyway to check the EVs of a Pokémon if you don't have them written down? I wrote mine down, but I messaed up and can't find a mistake (I musn't've written down the mistake)? I also need help with a few members of my team's moves. Please don't suggest Hidden Power [type] because they don't have good Hidden Power.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Modest
100 HP, 252 SpAtk, 158 Spd
- Thunderbolt
-
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

Dusknoir @
Impish
252 Atk, 130 Def, 128 SpDef
- Shadow Punch
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp
- (Not Cross Chop, I already have a Breloom for that)

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Hasty
128 Atk, 130 SpAtk, 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower
- (I was thinking Sunny Day and Solar Beam, but probably not because of Sand Stream)

You might be missing that Eevee is in the GROUND breeding group, and Smeargle is in the GROUND breeding group... >____>

There might be another way, but pretty much the first thing to ask when you're trying to make a breeding chain is whether something's in the GROUND breeding group. =P
Thanks but that seems like a bit too much work just for yawn which leads me to stick with protect.... :/

Thanks but that seems like a bit too much work just for yawn which leads me to stick with protect.... :/
Then don't do the work. You can't be a great player if you don't want to do any of the work. It's part of the fun! That, and it's called a "Double Battle," you may have heard of it in 3rd Gen.

Then don't do the work. You can't be a great player if you don't want to do any of the work. It's part of the fun! That, and it's called a "Double Battle," you may have heard of it in 3rd Gen.
As the noble sage implies.

1. Get a Smeargle (not too hard, even I have three) (see step 9)

2. Get a Bidoof or Hippowdon (not too hard) or Snorlax or Togepi (harder)
or something else that learns Yawn.

3. Get a Togepi, Gardevoir, or Latias (midling hardness, you can use
Pokeradar on route 203/204 (Jubilife City side) to find Ralts, or
something else that learns Wish.

4. FLY to the town with the breeding center, and head up to check out
that good old farmer who likes BONDING with his DAUGHTER.

5. Send out Smeargle + Yawn pokemon, sketch.

6. Win, go your merry way, heart scale another Sketch onto Smeargle if
you don't feel like raising it until it learns another one.

7. Revisit said farmer or other preferred source of 2v2 battles.

8. Sketch your final move from your partner.

9. Discover your Smeargle was female.

10. Kill yourself, repeat process with male Smeargle.

11. Okay, that wasn't so simple. But HEY. It's easier than breeding for
IVs, which you're apparently planning to do anyway!

Two Questions:

1) The analysis says 'Storm Drain' takes all water attacks in a Doubles battle. Is Water Spout sucked in by 'Storm Drain', or does it work like Surf which, if I recall, is not altered?

2) If Groudon and Kyogre(or any weather inducer) come out at the same time, does the slowest of the two decide which weather goes up or is it decided by something else?

@1, probably not since the move affects the field.

But how about aqua ring? will storm drain steal the attack? O.o

Two Questions:

1) The analysis says 'Storm Drain' takes all water attacks in a Doubles battle. Is Water Spout sucked in by 'Storm Drain', or does it work like Surf which, if I recall, is not altered?

2) If Groudon and Kyogre(or any weather inducer) come out at the same time, does the slowest of the two decide which weather goes up or is it decided by something else?
2: yes, the slower. It's random if they are the same speed, I believe.

Water Spout will still hit both pokemon.

Doesn't Water Spout affect your own fire moves aswell (or opponent's depending on who used it)?
Umm..I think you mean Rain Dance, which lowere ALL fire moves by half. Water Spout is an attack that lowers in power if your weaker. It has nothing to do with fire moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)