Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a quick question: What IVs do you need for a Special Sweeping Sceptile? I'm thinking Sp. Att, and Speed, anything else? And also, nature suggestions?

I've got a quick question: What IVs do you need for a Special Sweeping Sceptile? I'm thinking Sp. Att, and Speed, anything else? And also, nature suggestions?
You better hope X-Act doesn't see this. The Analysis of a Pokemon isn't written for a record, it's written for a reason, to suggest to people how to best use that Pokemon in a given manner.

Anyways, Max HP, S. Atk, and Spd is what I'd go for if you're also Sub-Seeding. Timid or Jolly for nature.

Sorry, will remember that in the future. Problem is, I can't access the main site for ideas right now. And no, not Sub-Seeding.

As the noble sage implies.

1. Get a Smeargle (not too hard, even I have three) (see step 9)

2. Get a Bidoof or Hippowdon (not too hard) or Snorlax or Togepi (harder)
or something else that learns Yawn.

3. Get a Togepi, Gardevoir, or Latias (midling hardness, you can use
Pokeradar on route 203/204 (Jubilife City side) to find Ralts, or
something else that learns Wish.

4. FLY to the town with the breeding center, and head up to check out
that good old farmer who likes BONDING with his DAUGHTER.

5. Send out Smeargle + Yawn pokemon, sketch.

6. Win, go your merry way, heart scale another Sketch onto Smeargle if
you don't feel like raising it until it learns another one.

7. Revisit said farmer or other preferred source of 2v2 battles.

8. Sketch your final move from your partner.

9. Discover your Smeargle was female.

10. Kill yourself, repeat process with male Smeargle.

11. Okay, that wasn't so simple. But HEY. It's easier than breeding for
IVs, which you're apparently planning to do anyway!
Thanks. Double battles totally slipped my mind. I'll give that a shot. It does sound easier then breeding for decent IVs which I already spend most of my time on. Plus I already have a Togetic with both wish and yawn.

It's not the main site, its in the D/P analysis forum. What I do is I advance search the name of the pokemon. Thread Title only. D/P Analysis. There ya go. Misspelling a name sucks though, cuz you still have to wait 30 seconds between each search.

I thought generic questions from any gen. were allowed. My bad.
Then Serebii's 3rd Gen. Poke of the Week is okay, and they prefer to go with a Special Set (Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, ThunderPunch, and Crunch).

I don't think we have 3rd Gen Analysees here until the main site is back up.

Then Serebii's 3rd Gen. Poke of the Week is okay, and they prefer to go with a Special Set (Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, ThunderPunch, and Crunch).

I don't think we have 3rd Gen Analysees here until the main site is back up.
Funny, I've got that exact same set planned, just swapping Dragon Claw for Dragon Breath. And thanks for the heads up on Serebii's analysises, I forgot about them.

with the nidoking family, does the everstone work because it hasnt been working for me, none of my babies were modest, it has worked for my other pokemon just not nidoking

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two Questions:

1) The analysis says 'Storm Drain' takes all water attacks in a Doubles battle. Is Water Spout sucked in by 'Storm Drain', or does it work like Surf which, if I recall, is not altered?

It works like Surf.

2) If Groudon and Kyogre(or any weather inducer) come out at the same time, does the slowest of the two decide which weather goes up or is it decided by something else?

If it is the first turn, the slower Pokemon's weather wins. If they are switching into each other, the person who makes their move selection last has their weather win.
@1, probably not since the move affects the field.

But how about aqua ring? will storm drain steal the attack? O.o

No. It only works on Water attacks that target a Pokemon.
well that means ill jsut be breeding two verisons of nidokings, poison point and rivalry, and do people use attract and captivate teams?

Attract and Captivate are not viable strategies for a team. "Oh-ho! If you have the proper gender Pokemon out, you have a 50% chance not to move! I hope you don't switch!
I've heard they're not so common, but that'd make it a surprise :P

Tackle Pidgey is surprising. Doesn't mean it's viable.

Zigzagoon with extremespeed is only found in Pokemon Box, right?
Well, can you breed that zigzazoon with another one to get a zigzazoon with gluttony and extremespeed? Or is extremespeed impossible to pass on through breeding?

Zigzagoon with extremespeed is only found in Pokemon Box, right?
Well, can you breed that zigzazoon with another one to get a zigzazoon with gluttony and extremespeed? Or is extremespeed impossible to pass on through breeding?
It's impossible to get through breeding. For Gluttony + Extremespeed, you could migrate Zigzagoon to D/P, and then evolve it to hope that PickUp changes to Gluttony.

What does Feraligatr do better than Gyarados?

It's impossible to get through breeding. For Gluttony + Extremespeed, you could migrate Zigzagoon to D/P, and then evolve it to hope that PickUp changes to Gluttony.

What does Feraligatr do better than Gyarados?
Feraligatr, despite dragon dance as one of its choices, has swords dance to make it much harder hitter. It also gets superpower! :D

But there's no gym in Solaceon. *confused*
Wherever you saw it screwed up. You can only get it in the Route north of the Battle Zone, by migrating, or if its in the Battle Tower for points (don't think that it is, though)

By "gym" I think he's thinking in R/S/E Norman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)