XY OU Teh New Meta Fgts

Created together by Dr Ciel (Cinco Diablo on PS!), KlefkiHolder, MegaScizor (Arcanine is Regal on PS!), and Psychological

We(the people up there^^^) decided that we wanted to make a memorable team unlike most the meta has seen. After a random throwing together of underrated mons, we finally came to a conclusion of choosing the one and only Meloetta! While Meloetta is sitting at a D-Rank in the viability rankings in OU, it constantly shows great effort in battle knocking down opponents left and right with its unexpected bulk and power. It is amazing how big of a win condition it is to this team. While many of the other Pokemon on this team are considered widely used, Meloetta stands out from the rest of them. Meloetta is the reason for this team being teh new meta fgts because we know she will shape the meta differently now that it's power is known. And without further ado, teh new meta fgts~

Team Building Process:

Changes in Red

Azumarill @

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

AV Azumarill is pretty popular right now, and for good reason, it is a great counter lead to most things especially Deo-S, this set is designed to help with Meloetta's weaknesses mainly dark types, and it also takes on Keldeo and Greninja very well. Moveset is standard, but the best thing about this set is that it takes on Thundurus and wins 1v1 with a waterfall aqua jet combo, after only taking around 60% from tbolt.

Keldeo @

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

After lots of testing, I decided to change Azumarill for Keldeo(suggested by fingerscrossed ) Keldeo always came in the clutch when I needed it and with its speed, it just was a perfect asset to the team. It also helps check my dark type weakness very well. Keldeo just hits everything so strong and is also another answer to stall. While Azumarill will be missed, Keldeo will be just fine fitting well on this team.

Scizor @

Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This is one of the better wincons a balance/semi-stall team can have. He can setup on a good amount of pokes and he provides good synergy with Azu and Melo, especially helping with Bisharp. The EVs allow us to setup easily on Aegi(barring SpDef drops) while also handling the common ground types like Lando-T and Excadrill. Between him and Meloetta, one of them will usually find time to setup at some point in the game. Superpower could be an option over knock off, but honestly its just preference, knock off lets us keep our bulk.

Rotom-Wash @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 248 HP / 212 Def /
44 48 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Yes, we had to use this guy. We needed some opportunities to bring in our setup pokes freely, so we could either get a free SD with Scizor, or sub with Meloetta. Although ChestoRest is less used now, he is a perfect status absorber which is perfect because so far our other 3 don't like getting burned at all. EVs are for BD Azu, it doesn't sacrifice too much bulk and allows a nice check to a dangerous threat. 48 speed EVs to out speed Lando-T with only 4 speed EVs

Celebi @

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SAtk
Lax Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Celebi is replacing Rotom-Wash because it does a better job than Rotom and Celebi brings Stealth Rocks + Cleric to the table. Suggested by McBeengs , Celebi can come in and take a phyiscal hit like Rotom was able to do and keep momentum by U-turning, just like Rotom. Celebi isn't usually seen in OU too often but man does it do work. I am able to set up rocks fairly easily and then U-Turn outta there to whoever suits the job best. Heal Bell helps a lot because once Meloetta gets toxic'd/burned, it becomes kinda useless and it also helps burns on Scizor/Chomp/Azu. Celebi is a great add-on to this team

Mew @

Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 72 SDef / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Why this isn't OU i will never know, it is not only a fantastic stall breaker but can outspeed and burn Bisharp if he wants to try and get a defiant boost predicting defog. This is easily one of the most consistent defog users, and with how easily he can burn things he could potentially make one of the opponents pokemon setup fodder for our sweepers. This set is usually run with max SpDef, but because it will be attracting Ttar and Bisharp it will help to have the physical bulk even if they are burned, because knock off, crunch, pursuit would still hurt.

Garchomp @

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

This came from necessity, we had no way to handle Charizard X and other scary setup sweepers that mew couldn't burn. He is able to outspeed and OHKO Zard X at +1 and is generally one of the best revenge killers right now, even if it is a predictable scarfer. Fire Blast is for Skarm and outrage over dclaw, because you will be locked anyway.

Meloetta @

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 64 144 Def / 176 96 SAtk / 16 Spd
Bold Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

So Meloetta is here to stop the omnipotent Aegislash, this current set can come in very safely against Aegislash, the only thing to fear would be getting toxic'd on the switch, or some weird LO head smash set. The moves are simple enough, thunderbolt is new and took shadow balls place in order to better take on Mega Gyarados, and just provides better neutral coverage overall. Once this starts setting up and all physical threats that are faster are gone, it's pretty much GG. Suggested by RotomPoison this spread gives me the same spread as before but now with 11 more SpAtk

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 72 SDef / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Last edited:
lol yw for tbolt :3 nice team looks solid, way better than my version lol.
saw me using melo first tho!
Also, SD Aegi beats melo with Sacred Sword.
I learnt the hard way
hurts so much :(

Last edited:
Hmm, solid team and i will definitely try this out on ladder, looks fun to use. Things i can see from the get go. No stealth rocker or way to get hazards up. This can be a real pain, especially with dealing with mons like mega pinsir thundy etc. chip damage is always good to have so you can make double switches and that extra 13% can be a difference between a kill or not. I always preferred resto chesto rotom w over pain split. But i would say run 4 more EVs to outspeed lando t's with 4 Spd EVs. Overall, cool team that i will try out.

lol yw for tbolt :3 nice team looks solid, way better than my version lol.
saw me using melo first tho!
Also, SD Aegi beats melo with Sacred Sword.
I learnt the hard way
hurts so much :(
The sub forces it to change form into sword. So melo can set up a cm or another sub

Hmm, solid team and i will definitely try this out on ladder, looks fun to use. Things i can see from the get go. No stealth rocker or way to get hazards up. This can be a real pain, especially with dealing with mons like mega pinsir thundy etc. chip damage is always good to have so you can make double switches and that extra 13% can be a difference between a kill or not. I always preferred resto chesto rotom w over pain split. But i would say run 4 more EVs to outspeed lando t's with 4 Spd EVs. Overall, cool team that i will try out.
Yeah that was a problem we were trying to fix but weren't sure how. We originally had Cobalion with rocks but we switched him out for Scarf Chomp. Any suggestions for a rock setter? And alright I will give Rotom 48 spd EVs to outspeed Lando-T with 4 spd EVs, thanks for the suggestions :]

Nice team mate. Just a couple of extremely minor nitpicks. You're missing 4 HP on MZor.

On Chomp, moving the spare 4 EVs into SDef gives you a 6% higher chance of avoiding an OHKO from Mega Manectric's HP Ice if you need to ever risk the switch. Can't imagine the 4 SpA being exactly useful.

• 252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4- SpD Garchomp: 340-404 (95.2 - 113.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 344-408 (96.3 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
Mad props for using Melo btw. I've been using a rather lazy 240 hp 252 def 16 speed spread but i might steal yours and give Tbolt a shot over Shadow Ball.

Ugh... I'm so late.

Damn shoulder flare-up...

Oh, BTW, the 64+ Def on Melo is guarantee a 252+ Megados Waterfall will be a 3HKO, and the 16 Speed is to creep 44 Speed Rotom W

Last edited:
Hey man, pretty cool team you have... I have stole then and use it by about a week (both cartridge and PS) and reatch one nice conclusion:

Although the team is very solid both offensive and defensive, he still struggles to bypass some dangerous threats; Some of the most notably are Thundurus, Pinsir and Charizard-Y. So, the first thing I think are somewhat fix this issue without screw the sinergy. After several battles i figured out that Rotom-W are the problem. Taking others threats apart, all those I listed above have something to hit they hard, namely Focus Blast, Earthquake (assuming pos-mega Mold Breaker) and Solar Beam... Speaking at the last, your team also faces a hard time killing Grass types in general, having in mind that Fire Blast on Garchomp doesn't hit hard enough most of the time.

After I explain all this bullshit, my final thought is simple: How about try Celebi on top of Rotom-W ?

Celebi @

Lax Nature
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Before I discovered this guy, I underestimated him... But now I totally regret what I say because he fits so perfectly with this team. Ok, let's start with the basics: Checking the issue with Flying Spawm, Stealth Rock was finaly attracted to the team, give it a new invaluable way to deal with Talonflame (not mention the broken sashs). Like the same way Volt-Switch are important to Rotom, U-Turn also will be to Celebi, keeping the precious momentum to Scizor and Melloeta setup... Furthermore, U-Turn will give you more freedom to switch since isn't walled by anything.

Mantening the role as an status absorber, Celebi is much, MUCH better than ChestoRest Rotom-W, since his not only manages status with Natural Cure, but can serve like a cleric with Heal Bell, healing eventual burns and paralyzes on team members that you can't predict. At last but not least, Giga Drain is here to some more acceptable form of offense, 2HKOing Azumarril... Speaking on him particularly, Celebi will also be a very good check to him.

I utilize the same EV's spread of Rotom because, like the same way of Mew, nobody expects an Physicaly Defensive Celebi, with allows me to survive many more hits just like a boss:
  • 0- Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 255-302 (63.2 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 142-168 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 218-260 (54 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 372-438 (92.3 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 350-414 (86.8 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (OMFG, just the idea of havin a chance to survive this is awesome as hell !!!)
Anyway, thats my opinion. I hardly encourage you to test this poke in particulary to your team, just because it will extremely outclass that pesky Rotom-W that you have. Since I have using this team so much, I felt that i needed to alert you, even if you prefer your team the way he is... But tnx alot, you give me a team for the rest of my life, MUAHAHAHAHA (insert an catatonic laugh of an evil genius here).

Have a nice day :D

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Psychological, this team looks really cool!

As boo118 said, you don't have any SR user, and this may actually hurt. It may not look like a good combination, but I'd suggest you replace either Stone Edge or Fire Blast with SR on Scarfchomp. You will have a way to get hazards up when you really need them. The problem is obviously that you will be locked into Stealth Rock, but when garchomp forces a switch, then it is most likely forced out anyway. The opponent can obviously take advantage of this, but not too much if you play carefully and you don't reveal the scarf too early. Using Stealth Rock early game can also make your opponent think that Chomp isn't scarfed, and may allow you to get a surprise KO later on.

Many people don't like SR on choiced mons and I can see why, but I suggest trying it out, as it's really difficult to fit another SR user on your team without compromising its great synergy.

Hope I helped, best of luck!

Hey man, pretty cool team you have... I have stole then and use it by about a week (both cartridge and PS) and reatch one nice conclusion:

Although the team is very solid both offensive and defensive, he still struggles to bypass some dangerous threats; Some of the most notably are Thundurus, Pinsir and Charizard-Y. So, the first thing I think are somewhat fix this issue without screw the sinergy. After several battles i figured out that Rotom-W are the problem. Taking others threats apart, all those I listed above have something to hit they hard, namely Focus Blast, Earthquake (assuming pos-mega Mold Breaker) and Solar Beam... Speaking at the last, your team also faces a hard time killing Grass types in general, having in mind that Fire Blast on Garchomp doesn't hit hard enough most of the time.

After I explain all this bullshit, my final thought is simple: How about try Celebi on top of Rotom-W ?

Celebi @

Lax Nature
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Before I discovered this guy, I underestimated him... But now I totally regret what I say because he fits so perfectly with this team. Ok, let's start with the basics: Checking the issue with Flying Spawm, Stealth Rock was finaly attracted to the team, give it a new invaluable way to deal with Talonflame (not mention the broken sashs). Like the same way Volt-Switch are important to Rotom, U-Turn also will be to Celebi, keeping the precious momentum to Scizor and Melloeta setup... Furthermore, U-Turn will give you more freedom to switch since isn't walled by anything.

Mantening the role as an status absorber, Celebi is much, MUCH better than ChestoRest Rotom-W, since his not only manages status with Natural Cure, but can serve like a cleric with Heal Bell, healing eventual burns and paralyzes on team members that you can't predict. At last but not least, Giga Drain is here to some more acceptable form of offense, 2HKOing Azumarril... Speaking on him particularly, Celebi will also be a very good check to him.

I utilize the same EV's spread of Rotom because, like the same way of Mew, nobody expects an Physicaly Defensive Celebi, with allows me to survive many more hits just like a boss:
  • 0- Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 255-302 (63.2 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 142-168 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 218-260 (54 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 372-438 (92.3 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Celebi: 350-414 (86.8 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (OMFG, just the idea of havin a chance to survive this is awesome as hell !!!)
Anyway, thats my opinion. I hardly encourage you to test this poke in particulary to your team, just because it will extremely outclass that pesky Rotom-W that you have. Since I have using this team so much, I felt that i needed to alert you, even if you prefer your team the way he is... But tnx alot, you give me a team for the rest of my life, MUAHAHAHAHA (insert an catatonic laugh of an evil genius here).

Have a nice day :D
Oh man this seems so perfect and would fit my team amazing :O ive always needed rocks, i keep momentum with u-turn, status makes melo useless so heal bell is perfect, and giga drain is just a plus! I am def trying this on my team when i can get on showdown thanks for this suggestion :) btw i always dealt with zard y, mega pinsir, and thundurus by getting a good switchin to chomp and just stone edge and pray for no misses, the bad thing though is chomp needs to be above like 80% health if im switching in right away and not saccing anyone

Hey Psychological, this team looks really cool!

As boo118 said, you don't have any SR user, and this may actually hurt. It may not look like a good combination, but I'd suggest you replace either Stone Edge or Fire Blast with SR on Scarfchomp. You will have a way to get hazards up when you really need them. The problem is obviously that you will be locked into Stealth Rock, but when garchomp forces a switch, then it is most likely forced out anyway. The opponent can obviously take advantage of this, but not too much if you play carefully and you don't reveal the scarf too early. Using Stealth Rock early game can also make your opponent think that Chomp isn't scarfed, and may allow you to get a surprise KO later on.

Many people don't like SR on choiced mons and I can see why, but I suggest trying it out, as it's really difficult to fit another SR user on your team without compromising its great synergy.

Hope I helped, best of luck!
Thanks for the suggestion but now with McBeengs suggestion there is no need to do that, thanks anyways :)

hi looking at this I thought it was a great team. However I would replace Garchomp with Spdef Hippo cause it can deal with Zard-X and all types of Aegislash. Then you don't need Meloetta as a third psychic type and you can put in something like Thundurus or another R-Killer. Also would free up space for a move like HP Fire, Psychic or Recover on Celebi.

That is however just a thought, the team works great in this form already.

hi looking at this I thought it was a great team. However I would replace Garchomp with Spdef Hippo cause it can deal with Zard-X and all types of Aegislash. Then you don't need Meloetta as a third psychic type and you can put in something like Thundurus or another R-Killer. Also would free up space for a move like HP Fire, Psychic or Recover on Celebi.

That is however just a thought, the team works great in this form already.
Thanks for the suggestion, I guess we could try it out but tbh Melo was the main point of this team. Oh well, I guess we gotta change things around to make it work. Thanks we will try this :]

Hey Psychological, I want to do some questions and more minor changes if u don't care

First of all: How exactly you deal with Air Baloon Sp.Def Heatran ?, I've been a little tortured by this thing since virtually nothing on this team can switch with freedom (Azu and Chomp doesn't apreeciate an burn from Lava Plume)... Obviously I try pop his baloon and kill him with Earthquake, but until this happen, someone already took some considerably amout of damange of then.

Another question is why the 16 Spd on Meloetta ? (what exactly she needs outspeed ?), why we doesn't invest in more bulk ?

Now to the little changes: Remove all the Atk IV's from Mew, Meloetta and Celebi to minimize the damage of Foul Play... Speaking on Celebi, trade the Lax nature for Bold. I put that for the same reason I explained on my other comment, to do an somewhat more damange on Grass Types, but since we are using U-Turn just to get the fuck outta there, more bulk is everything that we needs.

Please try these changes and awnser my questions plz... I'm clearly having some problems D:

Hey Psychological, I want to do some questions and more minor changes if u don't care

First of all: How exactly you deal with Air Baloon Sp.Def Heatran ?, I've been a little tortured by this thing since virtually nothing on this team can switch with freedom (Azu and Chomp doesn't apreeciate an burn from Lava Plume)... Obviously I try pop his baloon and kill him with Earthquake, but until this happen, someone already took some considerably amout of damange of then.

Another question is why the 16 Spd on Meloetta ? (what exactly she needs outspeed ?), why we doesn't invest in more bulk ?

Now to the little changes: Remove all the Atk IV's from Mew, Meloetta and Celebi to minimize the damage of Foul Play... Speaking on Celebi, trade the Lax nature for Bold. I put that for the same reason I explained on my other comment, to do an somewhat more damange on Grass Types, but since we are using U-Turn just to get the fuck outta there, more bulk is everything that we needs.

Please try these changes and awnser my questions plz... I'm clearly having some problems D:
Heatran can be a pain sometimes but as long as celebi is alive with heal bell, i usually dont mind switching in azu and hopefully being able to break its balloon. Sometimes I go into Melo to break the balloon because they usually stay in more on Melo than they do with Azu.

The 16 speed was to outspeed something important but tbh, I don't remember what.

I could do the attack things and yeah I was wondering why Lax nature since it kinda hurts Special Defensively, Bold would be a bigger help.

Thanks again

Really interesting team here.
A few things I see off of the bat is maybe changing Azumarill to Keldeo. As that will give you an answer to Bisharp and Heatran, which both look like could give you some grief.
Here is a spread that is pretty standard, but is very effective.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

I went with Hp flying over say something like Hp Grass is because I feel like if you were to lose Mel, an offensive Venusaur might give you trouble. & the extra chip damage or switch in damage is certainly nice.

Also, as far as Scizor goes, I personally like to run that exact same set as well. One thing I might recommend or could try is 108 in speed as that outspeeds 44 speed Rotom-W and 36 speed Heatrans. Again sort of just giving you more ideas on how to solve problems I could foresee.

Other than that, it looks really solid and I like the fact you really don't see much like this on the ladder right now.
:]

Really interesting team here.
A few things I see off of the bat is maybe changing Azumarill to Keldeo. As that will give you an answer to Bisharp and Heatran, which both look like could give you some grief.
Here is a spread that is pretty standard, but is very effective.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

I went with Hp flying over say something like Hp Grass is because I feel like if you were to lose Mel, an offensive Venusaur might give you trouble. & the extra chip damage or switch in damage is certainly nice.

Also, as far as Scizor goes, I personally like to run that exact same set as well. One thing I might recommend or could try is 108 in speed as that outspeeds 44 speed Rotom-W and 36 speed Heatrans. Again sort of just giving you more ideas on how to solve problems I could foresee.

Other than that, it looks really solid and I like the fact you really don't see much like this on the ladder right now.
:]
Thanks fingers :) I'll def try this out when I get on showdown

Without screwing up your entire teams base around Meloetta I would only have to add a possibility to consider running a scarfed Meloetta. That's just an idea running through my head right now as I run through its stats as well as moves.

The recommendation for Keldeo is probably a better switch now that you are running the Celebi considering you won't have to fear an enemy Keldeo as long as you keep Celebi healthy.

I also would consider running Thunder Wave on Celebi versus Heal Bell just due to it being preference for me. This would allow you to slow down Keldeo or predict charizard switches and slow them. I would then replace Taunt with Heal Bell on Mew. With Mew having synchronize, you can switch in on potential status and retaliate with either a Heal Bell or fast double switch. This would also allow you to use your Mew as a check to Rotom-W as well as a few others considering they will either fear being statused or be slowly drained with you.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
this be a solid team matey but there is one concerning issue i would like to point out, volt turn makes yo team lose all its momentum i mean a standard rotom w and scizor combo puts immense pressure on your team and considering that volt turn teams with mega gdos support can pretty much dent your team and clean up later with like a keldeo once celebi is dead. I would also like to say that aegislap can give you some trouble once mega scizor has been sufficiently weakened

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)