Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

the problem though is that a lying tik could easily make a claim that doesn't conflict with the evidence right now, so I'm trying to think if that quote really is cut and dry or not

Yeah, that's a problem. I've definitely seen players interpret role PMs in really weird ways though, so it's possible he knows enough people that he assumed it was all of them. That would also require all his buddies making the same assumption AND none of them asking the host. The other problem is that asking someone to out to confirm TIK would basically out 3 likely rohirrim (although there's still a chance either TIK+outing dude are scumbuddies or yaytears is scum).

There's also a slim chance Yaytears is also a maflord and is trying to get towncred by nailing his buddy who he already thinks is drowning but that's #paranoia

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
I was in a conversation with UncleSam and DaLetterEl when I got my role pm, and I knew vonFiedler UncleSam was hosting the game so I figured DaLetterEl was my partner, but hes actually a cohost, so, like YAYtears, I dont any of the other rohirrim.

My mistake. I should have paid attention more.

This is my fault, but I think we need to talk more because I dont want my mistake to get us at even more of a wrong foot then we already are.

On the bright side, what ive said makes YAYtears pretty legit, maybe the most legit out of all of us, so it might end up being a blessing in disguise

Role PM:

You are a member of the Rohirrim, the Riders of Rohan.

You are a farm hand from the sweeping lands of Rohan, but your king, Theoden, has summoned you to battle. You will do what you can in this fight.

You have no night action. However, you may vote during the day and, if all living Rohirrim vote for the same person during the day and that person is not lynched, your band will ride that person down and impale him or her with a spear at the end of the next night, thus killing him or her. However, your band has a limited supply of spears, and so this will only work once every two days.

You are allied with Middle Earth. You win if all threats are eliminated.

unvote for now

What TIK is saying sorta makes sense

I still have doubts in my mind that it would lead to him assuming that DLE and himself were the only rohirrim

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
TIK is right about one thing. If I designed a big semi-noc game where vigilantes had to vote together, I would at least not totally separate them. And if you think that is broken, then I'd hope the mafia is as fucking stupid as you are but apparently I have to spell it out for you (and them). TIK already said as much and no one paid attention to him, but hey guess what, when a small number of the same players vote in unison, and then the person they voted for dies, maybe the mafia knows exactly who to silence?

If the Rohirrim are the only people voting for the Rohirrim target, we are doing something wrong.

Even with this in mind it's not impossible for one odd Rohirrm to be in contact with no one, and either way it's very unfortunate that YAYtears has claimed.

Christ almighty Ullar, you fucking Blew It. If you're village you fucked us over, and if you're mafia then such an obviously bad bandwagon would only serve to get you lynched in turn. I'd say the later is only less likely because I'd hope you have team mates to prevent something like this.

Von the king of hyperbole. I don't really see what Ullar did wrong.

I am going to vote to Lynch Celever. Celever only joined this bandwagon after the evidence and votes had piled on, and unlike Pidge offered nothing useful to say about the matter. But more than that, if Celever was village he would be stirring up more of a shitstorm in the midst of all this. We've all taken valid potshots at Ullar but Celever of all people stays quiet? Even in lynching TIK, you'd expect a village celever to make a more rambling nonsensical post about why TIK should be lynched. This is Celever laying low, and I want to know why.
TIK's defense isn't a great one imo, I would think he would know there would be more than two numbers. Plus DLE sent me my PM, I don't know if he sent all of them, but if he did, its inexcusable to think that DLE was playing if he sent the role PM

Let's hope all the scum are idlers or play even worse than the village.

I'd really want Ullar and TIK lynched to prevent something like this happening in the future cycles but I guess they cannot do any more harm (not sure about Ullar tho; worst case scenario he's Rohirrim and claims now).

Unvoted TIK because not realizing by now that the Rohirrim masons are UncleSam, daletterel and vonFiedler proves him to be not mafia.

Let's Lynch Flamestrike unvote meanwhile. He's been lurking this discussion but hasn't got it himself to put down any actual votes. Also jumped at an obvious newbie post.

Last edited:
TIK's defense isn't a great one imo, I would think he would know there would be more than two numbers. Plus DLE sent me my PM, I don't know if he sent all of them, but if he did, its inexcusable to think that DLE was playing if he sent the role PM
Was gonna respond to this with "clearly DLE sent all the scumlords PMs and US did village!" but DLE sent me mine ;_;

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If the Rohirrim are the only people voting for the Rohirrim target, we are doing something wrong.
I said "in unison", not to imply that they'd be the only ones. Obviously we wouldn't Rohirrim the same people we want to actually lynch, so it's not gonna be terribly hard for mafia to do the logic here.

zorbees said:
It is interesting that you would jump to this conclusion, something I only just started prodding for (asking TIK who sent his role PM). I would think better of UncleSam and DLE than to have one person send all village claims, but at least if they did they'd be smart enough to tell the mafia to be wary of this, something you could then potentially capitalize on.

I will admit that TIK's play is obviously really subpar whether he is village or mafia atm, but he's new to being active and I'm more concerned about the scummy things being said by better players like eagle4, blue_tornado, celever, and you.

Let's Lynch Flamestrike meanwhile. He's been lurking this discussion but hasn't got it himself to put down any actual votes. Also jumped at an obvious newbie post.
I jumped at the obvious newbie post because it looked scummy and I wanted to generate discussion. You'll notice I didn't badger him about it (although he hasn't posted since then so maybe I should have!) and basically everything I would have said in this discussion has already been said. I don't even know what to think about TIK at this point; either he's mafia desperately trying to lie his way out of this or he made a really, really stupid mistake. Definitely not voting for him atm if only to avoid continuing the bandwagon, and I don't see any other obvious target to lynch right now and I have a bus to catch so I'm just going to remove my old vote (seriously though TheGottemer speak up!) and if people want me to talk more I'll see what there is to say when I get home. Oh and in case anyone cares DLE also sent my PM.

Actually I think that for lynches we put ~60% votes on the primary target and ~40% of votes on the secondary Rohirrim target when we want to use the power (scenario b in my Rohirrim speculation post). This is not the worst way to use the Rohirrim and if we can pull it off (lol idlers) then we could maybe risk it even with only 1 or 2 successful lynches under our collective belts.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Oh.

Well, TIK was indeed high on some shit, just as I suspected. Now, time to respond to some folks!

Aura Guardian I may have tabs on a couple of them.

Agape hey now. Did I ASK them to claim? No. No I did not, that was the work of others. All I did was point out something suspicious. If you think I'm causing a shitton of damage, sure, you can think that. But contrary to popular belief, there's a brain rattling around in here, and I have half a clue of what I'm doing. What I'm trying to do, if you must know, is organizing them privately.

vonFiedler excuse me? I'm trying, which is more than you're doing, which was just sowing doubt among us. Thankfully, you're actually doing more than saying 'lol im not folowin no mayor!!!!!' now, so there's that. I admit to being relatively new to this 'village leader' and 'active' thing, but I know this: mistakes will be made, but I will learn form them. I do not believe revealing TIK's log was revealing anything, seeing as he was tripping.

And finally, Paperblade shut up or help. simple as that. I'm treating people like they're new, because they make the wild claim village leaders are 'toxic'. While I am all for letting everyone participate, and some of us not being drones that are given directives, if nobody steps up and gbets shit done, nobody will. And we'll all jump off a cliff like lemmings.

Now. TIK is most likely A-OK, but...his accusation has sprung a few folk to mind.

zorbees seems insistent of sending TIK to his doom. I honestly wouldn't put it past the guy to misinterpret it like that (no offense man don't fireban me), as he is rather new like von said. Definitely someone to watch for.

Blue_Tornado is...a tad off as well. Not as much as zorbees, but he seems a bit too dead-set on offing TIK as well.

Celever simply may not be interested in this. He was resistant to somebody (idr who) bugging him about this during n0, iirc

Eagle4 I must admit, you're blipping slightly on my scum-dar. Donst call for people to publicly claim unless it's absolutely necessary. Which it isn't right now.

And as for Agape (who was hl'd earlier) HOLY FUCK MAN. They say I make unfounded accusations? You're going more hog wild than Squealy Nord right now. Throwing around lynch votes on a whim, refusing to even entertain the notion that I have a slim chance of being village (which I can't blame you too much for on that count, but c'mon), and overall just jumping around. I'm not saying anything absolute, but you may be trying to just sow some panic under the guise of attempting to preclude panic.

wow I've never made a long NOC tl;dr post like this before first time for everything!!!

I'd prefer to not nail down someone else to lynch on such slim 'evidence', so I will simply say we should discuss this a bit more. Should it come down to it, we can use this lynch to prove my role, but I'd prefer we not waste everyone's time, honestly.

@Ullar this is the strategy I've chosen in this game. You on the other hand are now defending yourself wildly and aggressively instead of apologizing politely.

And the user Flamestrike is still even more scummy than you, Ullar. He didn't even have the slightest irritation in his post when answering me but rather calmly resorted to an age-old excuse.

Scumteam.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
While Flamestrike seems a tad scummy now that you mention it, and I will look out for him, you are using a 'playstyle of choice' excuse. Which is kinda scummy to me. Celever's choice of playstyle may be to lie low, unlike most other games. Eagle4's playstyle might be to get everyone pubclaimed, unlike most other games. TIK's playstyle might be to get high as balls ya mothafuckaaaaaaaaaa

You are on my scum-dar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)