Hidden Type

Credit to DinaIsha for the idea

What is Hidden Type?
The Pokemon's Hidden Power type will be added to its type(s), if it does not have that type. For example: if Heatran has the IVs for Hidden Power Flying, its typing becomes Fire/Steel/Flying and if Chansey has the IVs for Hidden Power Ghost, its typing becomes Normal/Ghost. However, if Dragonite has the IVs for Hidden Power Flying, its typing remains Dragon/Flying. This means that if you do not change the IVs, Dark type will be added by default and if you do not want a type to be added, the IVs should be set for Hidden Power to be one of the Pokemon's types.

Tip: Select the Hidden Power you want so the Teambuilder sets the IVs for you, then you can change the move.

How does it work with Mega Evolution?
It works the same way. Mega Pinsir with the IVs for Hidden Power Ground will become Bug/Flying/Ground.

How does it work with Color Change and Protean?
They remove all of the Pokemon's types, including hidden. For example: Protean Greninja with the typing Water/Dark/Grass will become only Water-type if it uses Hydro Pump.

How does it work with Camouflage and Soak?
The Pokemon loses all of its types, including hidden, and becomes Normal or Water respectively.

How does it work with Transform, Imposter and Reflect Type?
The hidden type is not copied.

How do Forest's Curse and Trick Or Treat work?
They replace the Pokemon's third type.

Standard OU clauses apply.

• Playable on the main server via challenge

Hidden Type Viability Ranking

The general idea of this is to rank each Pokemon under "rankings" that go in descending order. Since this is a general tier list, everything is lumped together. There won't be any segregation between offense and defense threats.

Jack Dalton is in charge of this.

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Hidden Type metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Hidden Type metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Hidden Type metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the Hidden Type metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the Hidden Type metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on select teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it.

Hidden Type Ranking Tier List

(In alphabetical order)

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Hidden Type metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S Rank

Dragonite
Manaphy

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Hidden Type metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

A+ Rank

Gliscor
Heatran
Hippowdon
Mega Altaria
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Gyarados
Mega Lopunny
Mega Slowbro

A Rank

Diggersby

A- Rank

Chansey

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Hidden Type metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B Rank

-

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the Hidden Type metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.

C Rank

-

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the Hidden Type metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on select teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it.

D Rank

-

Rules
  • Post intelligently. Posts like "I think pokemon X should be in this tier" will not be tolerated.
  • No flaming.
  • Usage may be used to support an argument or a claim, but don't base your ENTIRE argument around them. For example, you can't just say "Pokemon X shouldn't be this tier because they aren't used that often!"

Why does Noivern get STAB Boomburst in every metagame?
Hidden Power Normal doesn't exist...

Regarding Shedinja, the best type it can have is, I think, Ghost/Bug/Dark as it removes Shed's Ghost and Dark weaknesses, at the cost of a Fairy weakness.
In gen V, Ghost/Bug/Steel Shed would have had only one weakness (Fire)... Hidden Type 4 Pokemon Throwback pls

EDIT : hahahaha Keldeo with STAB HP Ice/Flying. Run. Now.

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can see things like Ferrothorn enjoying this metagame; it'll know by SR damage whether stuff like Latios is carrying HP Fire or not. It also helps Bisharp determine if Lati@s is running HP Fighting (SR Resist) or not.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
If a Pokemon already has that type, is it still added? Like if I run HP flying thundurus does it get two flying types?

Mega Aggron with HP Flying. Mega Heatran with HP Flying. Mega Venusaur with HP Rock. I'm telling you, this is going to be more stall-ish than when I thought during my initial conception of this idea.

And if GameFreak ever decides to bring Triple Typings into the game, I will sue them for royalty.

Hidden Type is now playable on http://pandora.psim.us thanks to Slayer95. Share your replays and experiences. :toast:
Wonderful. Thanks to Slayer95 . Waiting for replays!

I can see Roserade being quite good due to being able to get a coverage STAB move of any type with technician. I can see rock being the best ATM as it patches up the flying weakness, and doesn't really care about water attacks. It also then has the niche of a strong special rock type attacker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)