Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Is there any way to get an account that hasn't been used in a long time, but is taken?
As per Zarel's words, if you want us to deregister an inactive account, make sure you fullfill at least one of the following conditions:

1. You have some sort of claim to the name. For instance, you have a trademark for this name, or you have a website or service with this name, or you have an active account on a social website (such as Smogon, YouTube, Twitter) using this name. By "active", our threshold is 50 by some nontrivial measure: 50 Twitter followers, 50 Smogon posts, 50 Reddit karma, etc.

2. You have contributed to PS or Smogon in some way. For instance, you have an accepted pull request to our GitHub repository, or you've contributed art, or you are a room owner or global moderator, or you have a Smogon badge other than Tiering Contributor, or something like that.

I have a question. I have a team for competition, but also there is this team I built which could be considered toxic depending on your perspective. I would laugh if I saw this in game, but I'm wondering if I couldn't get reported for it? You see, the Pokemon's names are slightly offensive/amusing. No racial slurs, but again, rather...TOXIC if you know what I mean.

I have a question. I have a team for competition, but also there is this team I built which could be considered toxic depending on your perspective. I would laugh if I saw this in game, but I'm wondering if I couldn't get reported for it? You see, the Pokemon's names are slightly offensive/amusing. No racial slurs, but again, rather...TOXIC if you know what I mean.
you may get reported by some easily offended users but i dont think any sane mod or driver would actually punish you or even talk to you about it, go right ahead

Why do the damage ranges on the calculator for multi-hit moves with Skill Link (ex., tried this with Mega Heracross' Pin Missile) only seem to change every 40-50 Attack EVs?

That can't be germane to the actual formula, can it? Shouldn't every point difference in Attack affect the rolls and ranges on each hit? Or am I just looking at very negligible differences between most Attack points?

His other moves (ex. Close Combat) reflect changes a lot more easily though, which seems strange. Help me understand.

Why do the damage ranges on the calculator for multi-hit moves with Skill Link (ex., tried this with Mega Heracross' Pin Missile) only seem to change every 40-50 Attack EVs?

That can't be germane to the actual formula, can it? Shouldn't every point difference in Attack affect the rolls and ranges on each hit? Or am I just looking at very negligible differences between most Attack points?

His other moves (ex. Close Combat) reflect changes a lot more easily though, which seems strange. Help me understand.
You're probably looking at very minute changes in damage rolls but thats a pretty mediocre answer so I'm tagging someone who may be of actual help Slayer95

i cant access the team builder on chrome, but i can on firefox and safari.
when i go on http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder, the page never loads, but when i go on http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ it loads fine. i've tried restarting comp, but i dont want to reset my browser because i'd lose my teams

copy and paste all your teams into a notepad and reset you're browser then add your teams back

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE can someone help me with this issue? It's driving me insane.

For the past week, every time I try to watch a random battle it only shows 100 on the list, and every battle is on turn 30+ or something. I've tried deleting cookies and logging out and in numerous times. This feature has always worked in the past and I've used it a lot, but for some reason this past week it's just refusing to let me spectate on battles unless they're almost over. What gives?

asgdf

could've been worse
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
PLEASE can someone help me with this issue? It's driving me insane.

For the past week, every time I try to watch a random battle it only shows 100 on the list, and every battle is on turn 30+ or something. I've tried deleting cookies and logging out and in numerous times. This feature has always worked in the past and I've used it a lot, but for some reason this past week it's just refusing to let me spectate on battles unless they're almost over. What gives?
The list currently displays the 100 longest-running battles instead of the newest one I believe, it's for a performance reason. The question also came up during a recent Ask me Anything on reddit by Zarel:
It's a lag issue. Sending a list of every battle in progress every time someone clicks that button was a lag source, and I'd been working on performance lately.

Don't worry, the change isn't permanent. I plan to fix it to be more useful over the next week. I was actually just thinking about ways to make it better yesterday.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I just tried to join Showdown which I did. But when I try to join a room it just doesn't redirect me. I wonder why this it? I tried restarting, but still didn't work. I even tried another server (Frost) but also there I couldn't join another room. I also can't join a battle using the Watch a battle button. I see the battles load but it won't redirect me. Any form of help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
I just tried to join Showdown which I did. But when I try to join a room it just doesn't redirect me. I wonder why this it? I tried restarting, but still didn't work. I even tried another server (Frost) but also there I couldn't join another room. I also can't join a battle using the Watch a battle button. I see the battles load but it won't redirect me. Any form of help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
What do you mean it won't load? I think that may just be a severe case of lag for you, cause I know that I've had my fair share of "Having to Wait 5 Minutes For a Room To Load" instances. A screenshot would also be lovely, just so we can clarify what we're dealing with here.

Is there a list of things you can do in Custom Battles, that you can't do in hackmons? I know there are some easter eggs like you can go to level 999 by using the text import, are there any others?

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Is there a list of things you can do in Custom Battles, that you can't do in hackmons? I know there are some easter eggs like you can go to level 999 by using the text import, are there any others?
There isn't much you can do in custom battles that you can't do in hackmons. One is, as you said, the level 999 thing, the only other thig is that you can use CAP abilities and Magikarp's Revenge. that's pretty much it.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
What do you mean it won't load? I think that may just be a severe case of lag for you, cause I know that I've had my fair share of "Having to Wait 5 Minutes For a Room To Load" instances. A screenshot would also be lovely, just so we can clarify what we're dealing with here.
I click the rooms I want to join but it doesn't seem try to to load them for me. It's staying on the main screen where you can select the rooms. Even if I click Watch a battle, and the list pops up, I select a battle but it closes the window with all the 'current' battles.
A screen shot wouldn't really explain my situation, because honestly nothing happens. But I can try to visualize it for Screenshots for you.

Screenshot 1: (before clicking on a room)
http://prntscr.com/4lrrqq

Screenshot 2: (After clicking on a room)
http://prntscr.com/4lrry5

Screenshot 3: (Just opened the 'watch a battles tab')
http://prntscr.com/4lrs5o

Screenshot 4: (Clicking on the battle on top of the tab)
http://prntscr.com/4lrsez

Screenshot 5: (Usinging the 'Join other room' button feature)
http://prntscr.com/4lrslc

Screenshot 6: (After clicking on the 'Join room' button)
http://prntscr.com/4lrstk

As you can see nothing happens. Maybe someone can try to redirect me to the Lobby now. Maybe that would work.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I tried to log out of my name and then I found this:

Not only am I in there as a guest, but I am appearantly also in 6 rooms and 2 battles. It says 'Join chat' but I am not even in there. And when I try to click Join Chat it won't log me in. Could this be a hacker case?

EDIT2: Clearing my cookies and history seemed to have fixed the problem. Thanks a lot Scotteh! :]

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
This is not a chat room. Stop making a large number of posts in a row unless it's exceptionally important [Such as an announcement for information regarding an other metagame that couldn't be put into the previous post].

Also, there's a room suggestions forum here.

Hello everyone. I just went on showdown earlier today and I noticed a disparity between the tier list displayed there and the one displayed on the website. Most notably, Vaporeon and Smeargle are listed as being in different tiers on each (i.e. they are OU on the site and UU in showdown). Which one is official, and which should I trust?

This is a thread for questions you may have about the simulator.

Before posting in this thread, make sure it belongs here and not in one of the following threads:
Bug Reports
Technical Support
Suggestions

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:

1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
2. While answering Yes or No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.
3. Please check the simulator page onsite before asking your question. This page contains two FAQ pages: the general FAQ and an FAQ on the staff.
4. This is not a thread for Pokemon questions. If you have questions about Pokemon, try using this thread.
5. If you would like to suggest an option for laddering/challenging, DON'T - Check out the Other Metagames forum instead. Be sure to read the rules!

It is entirely normal for your rating to drop after 15 games. This is because of decay, which allows your rating to re-adjust over time to represent your true rating more accurately. It is not a ladder glitch.
Edit: idk if this is still accurate
how can i maKE A account for showdown

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how can i maKE A account for showdown
Go on the Pokemon Showdown website and join one of the chats. Then do /nick [username you want] and it will give you it if it hasn't been taken already.

Once doing that, to register it, click the

cog icon in the top left and you'll see something which tells you to register your account asking for you to make a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)