5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is there a way in the rng reporter to check a pokemons pid like thundurus once it's been caught? Or do I have to use pokegen now for that?

Try matching it to a likely frame on RNGReporter.
I suppose but it's a bit hard when the starting frame varies like it does for roamer abuse. I remember trying to do that for tornadus ages ago and I had a rough idea of which pid I was hitting but in the end I had to use pokecheck cos there were a few frames within close reach that had the same nature etc. I need to be sure for tid sid abuse.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I'm trying to RNG for a HP Ice Thundurus in my pokemon white game. I'm looking at the roamer pprng guide here on smogon, but there is something I'm kind of confused about. When are the roamers IVs/Nature determined?
The IV's are fixed when you exit the house (as in the steps taken during the cutscene don't affect the step counter) and the PID (nature, shininess, etc) is set shortly after it flies off if you are rng'ing at the house, or at the champion-recording machine (the thing you put your Pokeballs in after you beat the Champion...can't think of the word atm XD) after the E4. I don't remember the exact timing.

I suppose but it's a bit hard when the starting frame varies like it does for roamer abuse. I remember trying to do that for tornadus ages ago and I had a rough idea of which pid I was hitting but in the end I had to use pokecheck cos there were a few frames within close reach that had the same nature etc. I need to be sure for tid sid abuse.
Same here, I don't think there is a reliable way to note them other than using pokecheck/gen to get the PID; since based on my experience, even with a summer month, day, where people noted that the frames should be within a specific range, I wasn't able to point out the pattern, been there, done that to no avail as well..

So I'll probably just have to sacrifice one game for another just to get that desired nature, ivs, shininess.

Same here, I don't think there is a reliable way to note them other than using pokecheck/gen to get the PID; since based on my experience, even with a summer month, day, where people noted that the frames should be within a specific range, I wasn't able to point out the pattern, been there, done that to no avail as well..

So I'll probably just have to sacrifice one game for another just to get that desired nature, ivs, shininess.
Oh well at least pokegen can help but it means having to learn how to use a new program just for this one thing... How annoying!!! Thanks for the answers everyone.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Would it be possible for me to RNG a novelty TID and still have access to many non-shiny nature/IV combinations?
Yes. :) Not sure how this works on RNG Reporter, but if you use PPRNG you can just search by desired TID/SID, and use the results from there (I'd imagine it's similar in RNG Reporter, but if not, feel free to PM me your config details, and I'll do the search for you).

Would it be possible for me to RNG a novelty TID and still have access to many non-shiny nature/IV combinations?
Yes unlike 4th gen rng it's easy to find decent shiny spreads (and non-shiny ones) without specifically abusing your tid sid for it.

Yes. :) Not sure how this works on RNG Reporter, but if you use PPRNG you can just search by desired TID/SID, and use the results from there (I'd imagine it's similar in RNG Reporter, but if not, feel free to PM me your config details, and I'll do the search for you).
Confirming this.

I'm hunting my Parameters (I've been PMing a member who has been helping me but appears to have left) and I got two results with the exact same; Actual Seconds, VCount, GxStat, and VFrame while different Seed and Timer0 (I was informed Timer0 would be different). Should I be concerned that I got two different seeds?

I'm hunting my Parameters (I've been PMing a member who has been helping me but appears to have left) and I got two results with the exact same; Actual Seconds, VCount, GxStat, and VFrame while different Seed and Timer0 (I was informed Timer0 would be different). Should I be concerned that I got two different seeds?
All you need to worry about is your timer0 for calibrating. The seed is the "randomly" generated code whenever you start up your save file.

It's normal for the Timer0 to fluctuate(more so in B/W2), so just keep looking until you find the Timer0(s) you hit the most often.

Ok, So I started learning how to RNG in Gen V (Black and White 2) on an emulator. Please tell me if this isn't allowed here, because the rules didn't mention anything. I'm trying to ID abuse to 00000. So I put in my parameters(Found them online. They are universal for DeSmuMe) and hit my seed. I said no to my name and advanced the frame and then said yes when I hit the frame I was supposed to be on. Then When the animation came the frame like doubled. It went from 40(where I was supposed to be) to like 84. And my ID wasn't 00000. I didn't press any buttons throughout the animation and it went to 84 right when the animation started. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong? I added screenshots. And also the seed I used is selected.
EDIT: The screenshots are in chronological order left to right
EDIT EDIT: So I tried increasing the IVRNG Frame to 40 and it still didn't work. I'm going to try not looking at those and say no to my name 12 times.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Didn't work..

Attachments

Last edited:
I just found a seed for Thundurus (info will be below post). I was wondering how I should set up my inventory and party (I do have a glitched Shedinja I want to have in one slot so please include it) to prepare the RNG.

Frame: 1
Keypresses: A-Y
If more info is needed, please ask

I just found a seed for Thundurus (info will be below post). I was wondering how I should set up my inventory and party (I do have a glitched Shedinja I want to have in one slot so please include it) to prepare the RNG.

um, well thundurus can't be RNG'd on frame 1. Roamer, or Dream Radar, I strongly recommend you look up the guides here on smogon.
As far as I'm concerned, your party shouldn't matter.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Ok, So I started learning how to RNG in Gen V (Black and White 2) on an emulator. Please tell me if this isn't allowed here, because the rules didn't mention anything. I'm trying to ID abuse to 00000. So I put in my parameters(Found them online. They are universal for DeSmuMe) and hit my seed. I said no to my name and advanced the frame and then said yes when I hit the frame I was supposed to be on. Then When the animation came the frame like doubled. It went from 40(where I was supposed to be) to like 84. And my ID wasn't 00000. I didn't press any buttons throughout the animation and it went to 84 right when the animation started. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong? I added screenshots. And also the seed I used is selected.
EDIT: The screenshots are in chronological order left to right
EDIT EDIT: So I tried increasing the IVRNG Frame to 40 and it still didn't work. I'm going to try not looking at those and say no to my name 12 times.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Didn't work..
I have 0 experience with emulators, but if you don't advance it at all and still can't hit your frame, then I'd just find another seed. If it consistently doubles every time (I don't know why that happens), then just aim for a frame that takes that into account (ie. frame 85).

To clarify, it can't be rng'd on a PIDRNG frame of 1. You can't leave the IVRNG frame set to 1 as that's doable (and recommended).

As for your party, just make sure you have an empty slot for Thundurus to make things easier and any Pokemon you deem necessary to capture it (ie someone with Block, Hypnosis, etc) if you don't want to use/don't have a Master Ball. Everything is set once it flies off so no need for a Sweet Scenter. Good luck :)

I have 0 experience with emulators, but if you don't advance it at all and still can't hit your frame, then I'd just find another seed. If it consistently doubles every time (I don't know why that happens), then just aim for a frame that takes that into account (ie. frame 85).

To clarify, it can't be rng'd on a PIDRNG frame of 1. You can't leave the IVRNG frame set to 1 as that's doable (and recommended).

As for your party, just make sure you have an empty slot for Thundurus to make things easier and any Pokemon you deem necessary to capture it (ie someone with Block, Hypnosis, etc) if you don't want to use/don't have a Master Ball. Everything is set once it flies off so no need for a Sweet Scenter. Good luck :)
The RNG Reporter only has one section for frame. Should that be one or not (the nuggetbridge guide I was using recommended only frame one)?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
The RNG Reporter only has one section for frame. Should that be one or not (the nuggetbridge guide I was using recommended only frame one)?
Yeah, the section for min/max frame should be 1 (it doesn't have to be, but it's just a lot easier if it is). That is the IV frame, so you should be fine. OhSnapple! was referring to the PIDRNG frame, which starts at ~40-60.

So PIDRNG Frame is the one I need to increase to RNG my ID right?
tbh I'm not sure which rng handles the IDs. It could be a separate one entirely (based on the fact that when you hit the "Calcualte Initial PIDRNG Frame" button it starts at 40-60, it might not be the PIDRNG...but I could be wrong). I just know saying "no" advances the frame by 1, and that's the only way to advance the frame (on a retail cart anyway). If you can adjust the frame some other way than that, I wouldn't do it lol.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
tbh I'm not sure which rng handles the IDs. It could be a separate one entirely (based on the fact that when you hit the "Calcualte Initial PIDRNG Frame" button it starts at 40-60, it might not be the PIDRNG...but I could be wrong). I just know saying "no" advances the frame by 1, and that's the only way to advance the frame (on a retail cart anyway). If you can adjust the frame some other way than that, I wouldn't do it lol.
IDs are generated by the PIDRNG. However, the initial frame advancements are different when starting a new game vs. continuing a saved game.

I am having difficulties RNGing Thundurus properly. I found a seed and executed my keypresses and timing correctly, but I did not get the proper IVs. I've hit the same seed twice and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

.com

Grumpy old man
I am having difficulties RNGing Thundurus properly. I found a seed and executed my keypresses and timing correctly, but I did not get the proper IVs. I've hit the same seed twice and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Did you confirm that you hit the correct seed by listening to the Chatot pitches ~10 times before doing anything further. For roamers, I find this much simpler than the 10minute process of going to catch it to confirm.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
If you got the wrong IV's, then you didn't hit your seed. That's most likely because you got the wrong Timer0 (if you're sure your keypresses and timing is correct). Nothing you can do about that but to keep trying. :)

But yeah, if you are good at distinguishing between pitches, then .com's method is the way to go to verify your seed beforehand.

and thanks for clarifying chiizu!

Did you confirm that you hit the correct seed by listening to the Chatot pitches ~10 times before doing anything further. For roamers, I find this much simpler than the 10minute process of going to catch it to confirm.
Could you explain in a bit more detail how this works? I don't understand it.
If you got the wrong IV's, then you didn't hit your seed. That's most likely because you got the wrong Timer0 (if you're sure your keypresses and timing is correct). Nothing you can do about that but to keep trying. :)

But yeah, if you are good at distinguishing between pitches, then .com's method is the way to go to verify your seed beforehand.

and thanks for clarifying chiizu!
So you're saying that my Timer0 fluctuated both times the same way, correct?

.com

Grumpy old man
Could you explain in a bit more detail how this works? I don't understand it.
Read this and let me know what you don't understand.

• Record a continuous pitch as your Chatter (I used this at 650 Hz, Square Wave, Full Volume (although quickly, it'll hurt your ears)).
• Once you hit a seed (perhaps your desired one) open the summary screen of the Chatot. Flip back and forth to it a few times. High pitch vs low pitch, etc. is listed in RNG Reporter. If the changes in pitch match up for ~10 calls, chances are you hit your seed. (Just don't forget to subtract 10 for finding your starting frame from whatever roamer you get. Although if you're not going shiny, might as well just confirm you hit the seed, then hope for the right nature).

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
So you're saying that my Timer0 fluctuated both times the same way, correct?
Assuming you are doing everything correctly, and that you got the same wrong IVs both times (indicating that you hit the same wrong seed), then yes that's probably what happened. In BW you have ~2 common Timer0s (one of them is usually more common than the other), so it is not unusual to get the same wrong Timer0 several times in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)