XY Ubers Starbae Ubers 1st RMT

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Welcome frens :] This is a nice Ubers team I've been using recently, it served me pretty well. Like any team it's not perfect and any feedback/advice is appreciated. Ignore the nicknames if you want.
I also got my reqs for suspect test with this team :)

You don't need a team intro para :]

Zekrom

Zekky (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

I originally had Reshiram here but after a while I realized it just wasn't doing enough to have a place on my team. So I decided on Zekrom. Bolt Strike and Outrage are powerful stabs, Volt Switch if mainly for momentum and Draco is for the situations when I just don't want to lock into outrage or there's a physical wall switching in and I want damage. They will more than likely know you're Scarfed so be careful with Draco as it's set up / trap fodder. Tears wholes through a lot of teams once you weaken a few things and helps me with Kyogre.

Palkia

Palky (Palkia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

Lefties 4 attacks Palkia? Yep. I tried a few other Palkia variants on this team but I found that 4 attacks works the best for me and I also decided on Leftovers because I use it as a switch in against some hard hitters as appose to going so something else so I find recovery is nice. Moves are fairly self explanatory here, stab + coverage. Timid max speed so I can speed tie with other base 100s and outspeed non boosted base 99s if I need to. This is also a great help for Kyogre as the thing is a complete lord.

Groudon

BetterThanPrimal (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Stone Edge

No I don't actually think this is better than Primal will be. I use Groudon for hazards, roaring, bulk and typing. We all know how good SR is. My only Roar user so I have to keep this alive sometimes. I chose defensive so I can take on hard hitting physical attackers well if I need to like Kanga, Zekrom etc. Standard stab and coverage move. This team isn't a fan of Dialga leads so this helps with that a lot too. So I usually have to let this take a hit from it while I EQ instead of getting up rocks, but if Dialga gets up rocks I usually end up defogging 'cause of Ho-Oh and while there is some benefit of me getting up rocks before I defog I'd rather have them there to stay/bait their defog user to come out.

Scizor-Mega

Scary Bug Thing (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Superpower

This Scizor is very key in most battles. We all know how common Ekiller is and that's the reason I chose defensive Scizor and also Superpower. I originally had Pursuit > U-turn but after a good few battles using the move occasionally I decided I'd rather have the momentum + Stab instead. Also helps me check Xerneas and other hard hitting physical attackers, I also needed a steel as the type is great and Arceus can't take on every dragon on his own. Priority is also amazing and Scizor is my only priority user.

Arceus-Fairy

Fairy (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Reasonably standard support Arceus. I had no Fairy type, Defogger or Arceus form when I made this team so it made perfect sense at the time. I couldn't not have a defogger, especially with Ho-Ohs running around. Switches in nicely vs things like Palkia and fairly nicely vs LO Yveltal and fires off a burn/recover/judgment. Fairy type is fairly OP so I found it hard not to include one in the team. This usually baits ho-ohs which is pretty nice when I have rocks up. Sometimes I have to sack it for a defog but that goes for any defog/spin user. Since this is great for special hitters with no SE powerful move or Kyogre I figured I'd pile some evs into SpD. Speed is for base 100 with max speed + nature.

Ho-Oh

Angry Birds (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

You might be running a faster Ho-Oh than me but my investment is to be able to take a +2 Thunder from a +2 Xern as Scizor alone isn't a very brilliant check I figured I needed a back up and Scizor is often taking damage from Ekiller too, I needed something to support it a little. It also acts as a very hard hitter with Band. I have 12 speed so I can beat other base 90 users that only have 8. Without Ho-Oh this team wouldn't function (not only 'cause there would be 5 mons) because it has such offensive pressure that some other mons may lack a bit.

So that's the team. I usually use a combo of Scizor/Groudon/Arceus to take on Ekiller depending on how much HP they are all at but if there's an Arceus preserving Scizor is key. My only problem with Ekiller is scouting for Overheat. Xern is usually broken by Scizor/Ho-Oh and if it isn't geo then other mons can help deal with it. I've been using this team for a good amount of time and I think it's good. Again, all feedback is appreciated. :]

Importable (Original) http://pastebin.com/ZhsFnw1x
Importable (Edited) http://pastebin.com/z63vBVTM

Last edited:
Hello friend, pretty nice team you got there. But i do see some things u can improve on. The first thing i can suggest is to use a more Specially oriented Scizor and use a Swords Dance sweeper set since u already have a Groudon and an Arceus-Fairy to check E-Killer:

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

This set allows u to better check xerneas wich can be a big threat to your team especially if rocks are up, and also give you another good win condition wich is always nice. The next thing you can change is to run a speed creep on your arceus to outspeed other support arceus like 112 Speed Ev's wich is what i like to do, on this note you could also run 16 Speed EVs to creep other base 90's on your groudon.

Other than that it's really nice team, good job!

Starmei

Hello friend, pretty nice team you got there. But i do see some things u can improve on. The first thing i can suggest is to use a more Specially oriented Scizor and use a Swords Dance sweeper set since u already have a Groudon and an Arceus-Fairy to check E-Killer:

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

This set allows u to better check xerneas wich can be a big threat to your team especially if rocks are up, and also give you another good win condition wich is always nice. The next thing you can change is to run a speed creep on your arceus to outspeed other support arceus like 112 Speed Ev's wich is what i like to do, on this note you could also run 16 Speed EVs to creep other base 90's on your groudon.

Other than that it's really nice team, good job!

Thanks fren :]]] Also as for the Sceezor I actually would like an SD set but Arceus and Groudon usually end up getting weak already cause I need to switch them in, Arc can recover it off but I like having Scizor just so I don't have to preserve those two mons as I dun like having Groudon as an ekiller counter personally unless it had like rocky helm or something. I'll definately try out the Sceezor and see if I can play around ekillrrr with arc/groudon :] Ty

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey StarmeiTheGod,

This is a pretty solid team you have here. You check a lot of the common metagame; I don't have too much to say in the way of weaknesses other than one thing I guess. You seem pretty weak to Ho-Oh, as you lack really any good switch-ins that don't fear burn or something, while it frees into Fairyceus and Scizor with ease. Furthermore, both you and your opponent will have pressure to defog, as you are also running Ho-Oh. I guess stall with Rockceus or another good Ho-Oh check is hard to break, but its a not as major of an issue as Ho-Oh.

So to fix this issue, I would suggest two things. First, I would suggest running Arceus-Water over Palkia. In conjunction with Zekrom, you should be able to check Kyogre pretty effectively, while Waterceus gives you a really solid check to Ho-Oh. It is also a very reliable defogger which has excellent synergy with sun teams with Ho-Oh. After this, since you use up your Arceus forme, I suggest you use Xerneas over Waterceus. I'd probably suggest a bulkier Xerneas, though I suppose you could experiment with mixed sets to lure Ho-Oh or break a hole in a stall team with unexpected coverage. If you do decide to make these changes, I would also suggest running Lonely as your nature on Zekrom because it helps you tank hits from Kyogre better.

Arceus @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 16 Spe- you could go max SpD if you want too
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

OPTIMIZATION:
Not really much to say here. I guess one thing is that on Palkia, I'm not a fan of All-out Attacker with lefties, or in general. Thunder Wave is helpful here, as you are actually kind of weak to HP Fire Xern if rocks are up, and since you aren't Lustrous, I don't think Scizor can revenge. So, either run offensive Palkia with Thunder Wave or I guess you could run lefties Palkia with Rest.

Good luck!

Starmei

Hey StarmeiTheGod,

This is a pretty solid team you have here. You check a lot of the common metagame; I don't have too much to say in the way of weaknesses other than one thing I guess. You seem pretty weak to Ho-Oh, as you lack really any good switch-ins that don't fear burn or something, while it frees into Fairyceus and Scizor with ease. Furthermore, both you and your opponent will have pressure to defog, as you are also running Ho-Oh. I guess stall with Rockceus or another good Ho-Oh check is hard to break, but its a not as major of an issue as Ho-Oh.

So to fix this issue, I would suggest two things. First, I would suggest running Arceus-Water over Palkia. In conjunction with Zekrom, you should be able to check Kyogre pretty effectively, while Waterceus gives you a really solid check to Ho-Oh. It is also a very reliable defogger which has excellent synergy with sun teams with Ho-Oh. After this, since you use up your Arceus forme, I suggest you use Xerneas over Waterceus. I'd probably suggest a bulkier Xerneas, though I suppose you could experiment with mixed sets to lure Ho-Oh or break a hole in a stall team with unexpected coverage. If you do decide to make these changes, I would also suggest running Lonely as your nature on Zekrom because it helps you tank hits from Kyogre better.

Arceus @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 16 Spe- you could go max SpD if you want too
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

OPTIMIZATION:
Not really much to say here. I guess one thing is that on Palkia, I'm not a fan of All-out Attacker with lefties, or in general. Thunder Wave is helpful here, as you are actually kind of weak to HP Fire Xern if rocks are up, and since you aren't Lustrous, I don't think Scizor can revenge. So, either run offensive Palkia with Thunder Wave or I guess you could run lefties Palkia with Rest.

Good luck!
Yeah I've been noticing that too. Thanks for the help and ideas I'll try it out and see, though I can't see it being a bad change/changes at all. :) If I kept Palkia then yeah Ik lefties 4 attacks is a bit meh but I tried running Twave then I tried rest talk variant but the 4 attacks had the best results for my team, though I can see the value in Twave or Lust Orb. I'll retest a few Palkia sets along with your Arc/Xern suggestions. Thanks a lot :))

Yeah, nice team you got there, I support haxiom's suggestions. You could probably add a Defensive Landorus-T over Groudon as it would also be good as a Ground resist, with your Scizor set you can definetely accomplish checking Extremekiller Arceus. The backthrow is removing Sun for Ho-oh but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Landorus-T also takes off a lot of pressure on Arceus-Water as it can help with the checking Ho-Oh problem, if you get burned you always have Xerneas to Aromatherapy. If you do add Landorus, use the following EV spread: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe, allows you to completely wall Groudon and Zekrom as well as having some speed just so you can outspeed Max HP Ho-Oh. As for moves, Earthquake as you know is a very powerful STAB move, Stone Edge allows you to hit Ho-Oh and other Flying-types. Stealth Rock is a common entry hazard that you should always have and as for the last move, you could run Toxic but U-turn and Knock Off are also cool.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / U-Turn / Knock Off

Starmei

Yeah, nice team you got there, I support haxiom's suggestions. You could probably add a Defensive Landorus-T over Groudon as it would also be good as a Ground resist, with your Scizor set you can definetely accomplish checking Extremekiller Arceus. The backthrow is removing Sun for Ho-oh but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Landorus-T also takes off a lot of pressure on Arceus-Water as it can help with the checking Ho-Oh problem, if you get burned you always have Xerneas to Aromatherapy. If you do add Landorus, use the following EV spread: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe, allows you to completely wall Groudon and Zekrom as well as having some speed just so you can outspeed Max HP Ho-Oh. As for moves, Earthquake as you know is a very powerful STAB move, Stone Edge allows you to hit Ho-Oh and other Flying-types. Stealth Rock is a common entry hazard that you should always have and as for the last move, you could run Toxic but U-turn and Knock Off are also cool.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / U-Turn / Knock Off

I'll try it out now. Thanks a lot :) Sun is nice for Ho-Oh as you said but I can't see moving to Lando as a bad thing overall. The only bad thing for me would be the Roar. Having Groudon as a backup Roar user was really nice to fall back on if I didn't want to deal with something. I'll try both

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)