Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got suuuuper bored and so then I decided 'hey why not run a few calcs and shit?', which then led to 'hey why not theorymon up a little team that might end up bad anyway' and then I came up with this... Lo and behold... Bird Spam Mark 2!!!

[insert Talonflame Sprite here]

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 56 Atk / 236 SAtk / 220 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Frustration
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Team building Process:

1- Mega MixMence

This was the first Pokemon that I decided the New Meta burd spam should start with- MixMence™. Forcing switches and smacking them with a coverage move of your choice is cool, and not only that but this guy beats... Every bird spam check except maybe T-Wave Thund and Phys Def Rhyperior. The spread allows you to get past 252/252+(bold) Chansey with Frustration ( not sure how common that Chansey spread is but eh, it helps for when such a situation comes) while also outspeeding and 2hkoing scarftar with eq, and 2hkoing max SDef Rotom-Wash and Landorus-Therian with Draco Meteor. So there goes like 3 bird checks and chansey.

2- Swords Dance Beak Talonflame

I felt that Talonflame was a natural partner to Mence as Mence beats most of SmogBird's checks and counters bar the two I mentioned. The spread and moves are pretty standard as far as I know.

3- Scarf Excadrill

Bam. Non-Focus Blast Thund check. Bam. Hazard remover. Can sort of beat rhyp if it comes in on the switch and not after something dies, but if it's after something dies get the hell out of there lol. It can revenge Scarftar too so there's another plus. It synergizes with Mence decently too.

4- Belly Drum Knock Off Azumarill

Watch out. After Venu dies he will sweep ur fockin team. No. Seriously. Knock Off + Belly Drum + Aqua Jet is legal now. Run bitches, run. He also bops Rhyp and Ferrothorn with Knock Off.

5- Specs / Assault Vest Raikou

Seeing how I have only one (and not much of a) switch in to Thund and still gets shrekt by it, I thought that Specs / Vest Raikou was a solid option on this team. He also checks opposing birds and shit so that's cool. I'll be honest with you guys he's really only here because I couldn't think of anything else lol.

6- Lead Azelf

I guess you could use a different hazard setter that can do it repetitively and not as a suicide lead but Zelf has screens + rocks so that's cool.

If this ends up shit I'll just pretend this was never posted.

Last edited:
If he had Slack Off or Recover, he could definitely be a reliable SR Setter or a Bulky Attacker.
bruh u wanna fucken stop

do you know how rain offense works

you get rain up

murder as much shit as possible until rain be gone

repeat

also assvest raikou is for ninja out of rain, swamp and ferro in it... u think i didn't consider greninja when makin this shit? if ur so worried about losing toed than just make tornadus t -> i for prankster rain dance... and if you'd prefer healing wish on lati then by all means replace roost w/ healing wish, erryone's happy

edit: i'm p sure you know i'm referring to all of your previous posts, don't be an ass

Last edited:
I think Healing Wish will be the most common of all those, it's just too good to pass up and fits perfectly with Mega Bunny's HO playstyle. Baton Pass + Sub seems almost evil, getting a sub on a forced switch and then BP'ing out to whatever can deal with the opponents switch-in. Usually you can keep the Sub intact since Lopunny will probably BP out before the opposing 'mon can move, and you can switch into a resist. I think I need to up my predicted ranking for this thing.

One option you didn't mention was PuP, which has been discussed a little already but tbh I see little reason to use such a set over SD Gallade unless you really need the speed or something. Although, PuP + Baton Pass could be just as evil as BP + Sub now that I think about it. Wow, there's a lot more potential here than I thought.

Also, with Mega Lopunny it will be possible to run viable triple bunny teams.
As if Bunny teams weren't bothersome enough.....At least its not a special bunny attacker. That would have just been silly.

I'm still thinking I'd like the Focus Punch one mentioned earlier (as even if mega, f-punch has done well on megas as shown with Mega Maw)

bruh u wanna fucken stop

you get rain up

repeat

also assvest raikou is for ninja out of rain, swamp and ferro in it... u think i didn't consider greninja when makin this shit? if ur so worried about losing toed than just make tornadus t -> i for prankster rain dance... and if you'd prefer healing wish on lati then by all means replace roost w/ healing wish, erryone's happy
but did my quote there have anything to do what you just said?

bruh u wanna fucken stop

you get rain up

repeat

He technically has a point. Swampert could fill the same role Seismitoed did which was beating Thundurus while also dumping Stealth Rocks out. Except you know, with 55 more base attack and a ridiculous amount more bulk. Swampert has pretty good neutral coverage with Water / Ground / Ice so it could feasibly run Stealth Rocks in the last slot.

Mega Metagross set

Metagross@MetagrosMetagrosite
Jolly Nature
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Honeclaws
Meteormash
Earthquake
Ice Punch/Thunder punch/Hp fire/Zen Headbutt

Pup is viable but Honeclaws boost your accuracy of Meteor Mash.

Which coverage move is for what you want to OHKO and Zen headbutt sounds much better now that I think about it and I'm pretty sure at +1 it can OHKO Zard Y, which is extremely helpful

Base 110 is a good speed tier, so I dont think agillity is needed

Yes, because if you are not using a Swifter Swimmer in Rain you are doing it wrong. Especially when what you are suggesting using it for is easily done by a non-Mega and requires moves it doesn't have.
I don't know exactly if this is what he meant, but running SR on Mega Swampert in Rain seems perfectly viable.

So what are everyone's opinions of Mega Diancie? Looks perfect for a mixed set to me.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body --> Magic Bounce
Evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (probably not optimal, feel free to suggest something)
Hasty/Naive nature
-Diamond Storm
-Moonblast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Fire/Stealth Rock

Straightforward set, Diamond Storm + Moonblast is mixed STABs, Earth Power hits ScarfTran on the switch (which is otherwise a great check), Hidden Power Fire to 2HKO Ferrothorn on the switch and OHKO 248/196 MScizor with a little prior damage (say, 2 rounds of SR). Stealth Rock could be a good option if you want to preserve the speed tie with all the base 110s which will be running around, and can captialize on the switches Mega Diancie will be forcing.
Calculations:
Hits
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 828-976 (230.6 - 271.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 384-452 (118.8 - 139.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 324-384 (107.2 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Diancie Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 298-352 (109.5 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (takes 25.5-31.5% from Sucker Punch)
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 744-876 (250.5 - 294.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (gets OHKOed by Solar Beam)
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 192-226 (48.7 - 57.3%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 404-476 (112.8 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (nonscarf, otherwise OHKOed by Earthquake)
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 231-273 (83.3 - 98.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (81.3% geting OHKOed)
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 255-301 (95.1 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (2HKO by Shadow Ball)
200 SpA Diancie Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 316-376 (82 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (23-27% by Lava Plume)
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 338-398 (108.6 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (gets OHKOed tho)
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 237-279 (74.2 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 282-332 (93.6 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-199 (41.8 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (common stallbreaker set)
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 576-684 (212.5 - 252.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (OHKOed 75% of time by EQ back tho)
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 888-1048 (298.9 - 352.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (takes 44.8 - 53.1% by Brave Bird)
56 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 450-530 (150.5 - 177.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (taking 79.2 - 93.7% by Thunderbolt)
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Medicham: 404-476 (154.7 - 182.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 211-249 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (takes 73-87.1% by scald)
200 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Terrakion: 428-506 (132.5 - 156.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Takes
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 369-437 (152.4 - 180.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 294-348 (121.9 - 144.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (taking 58-69% by Moonblast)
0 SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Diancie: 198-234 (82.1 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (taking 29.1 - 34.6% each Diamond Storm)
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Diancie: 232-274 (96.2 - 113.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
148 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Diancie: 126-148 (52.2 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 276-326 (114.5 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (scarf)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Diancie: 468-554 (194.1 - 229.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 226-268 (93.7 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (taking 54.7 - 64.3% by DS and Moonblast)
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 544-648 (225.7 - 268.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (taking 58.7 - 69.2% by HP Fire)
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (115 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 436-516 (180.9 - 214.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (taking 64.7 - 77.2% from HP Fire)
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 192-228 (79.6 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (taking 46 - 54.5% twice, 3HKO otherwise)
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 302-356 (125.3 - 147.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (takes 85.1 - 100.3% Moonblast)
244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 393-463 (163 - 192.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (takes 82.7 - 97.2% by Moonblast)
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Diancie: 254-300 (105.3 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (takes 54.6 - 64.4% by Moonblast)
0 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 400-472 (165.9 - 195.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Looking at the S~A Viability Thread, Mega Diancie does a great job OHKOing most of the range, I forgot to take data from who walls the build I tried, anyways it does great and doesn't sound broken to me.

This is the set I ran the tests:
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body --> Magic Bounce
Evs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe (probably not optimal, feel free to suggest something)
Naive nature
-Diamond Storm
-Moonblast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Fire

With a little bit more SPA it kills Mamoswine, Heatran and M-Gyarados but you may not deal that well with M-Gardevoir and Gengar with less ATK and may not pass Keldeo, Terrakion and the speed ties like Lati@s with less SPE, this sounds pretty delicate but fun to play.

This is just a try to test M-Diancie and it has surpassed my expectations, I believe it will definitely see game, and I didn't even tried calcs with CM, Rock Polish or any other gimmick it may get.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly if this is what he meant, but running SR on Mega Swampert in Rain seems perfectly viable.
Or maybe Rain Dance - Water/Ground/Ice is enough and its bulk can let it provide an emergency rain if Politoed goes down, even if 3 turns shorter

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
He said SR Setter with a recovery move, which implies use outside of rain since you wouldn't have a move that wastes a turn like that when you're kind of on a schedule and cutting into important coverage.

He said SR Setter with a recovery move, which implies use outside of rain since you wouldn't have a move that wastes a turn like that when you're kind of on a schedule and cutting into important coverage.
Well he was correct there too. If M Swampert had Slack Off / Recover it would be absolutely viable outside of Rain. In Rain it is still good at using Stealth Rocks.

He said nothing wrong.

so using my mixed wall breaker metagross set, i theorymonned up a team w/ it:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 120 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
spaceship here sends walls into space with its coverage+power, thus opening the way for a lucha cleanup(as for pdef gliscor, it needs acro to beat lucha, but if it has that, it can't touch metagross. if it has earthquake to beat metagross, it can't touch hawlucha.)
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 200 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
ctcs hawlucha spread works nicely with mega metagross

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
the birds+gar check, also works as a soft check to mega gyara, forms a nice volt turn w/ rotom-w
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
the bulky water+pivot to get lucha/gross in safely

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
the keldeo check here, nothing special

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
lastly, the mandatory gyara check.

--------------
wallbreaker mega metagross seems really hard, if not impossible, to straight up counter consistently throughout a match. lando-t dies attempt two, rotom-w can only take so much, and everything else just dies. like literally the only things that don't die attempt 2 are phys def gliscor and rotom-w. and gliscor needs the proper move to hit metagross! i honestly think that mixed wall breaker mega metagross will just throw stall over the cliff. its nearly impossible, if not impossible, to cover everything already, but now you need to strain your resources to cover mega metagross. its just crazy.

Mega Salamence, Beedrill and Metagross for several pages, how about we get some more discussion on Mega Gallade who may push Mega Medicham's usuage down quite a bit? How threatening will this guy be and will he be similar too Mega Lucario but without having Adaptability to push him into broken status?
They fulfill completely different roles. Megacham is a nuke and MGallade is a Sweeper. Megacham 2HKOs pr OHKOs significantly more things unboosted. Gallade has a much better boosting move, better bulk, better speed, and coverage to beat bulky psychics. Let's not compare apples to oranges.

so using my mixed wall breaker metagross set, i theorymonned up a team w/ it:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 120 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
spaceship here sends walls into space with its coverage+power, thus opening the way for a lucha cleanup(as for pdef gliscor, it needs acro to beat lucha, but if it has that, it can't touch metagross. if it has earthquake to beat metagross, it can't touch hawlucha.)
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 200 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
ctcs hawlucha spread works nicely with mega metagross

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
the birds+gar check, also works as a soft check to mega gyara, forms a nice volt turn w/ rotom-w
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
the bulky water+pivot to get lucha/gross in safely

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
the keldeo check here, nothing special

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
lastly, the mandatory gyara check.

--------------
wallbreaker mega metagross seems really hard, if not impossible, to straight up counter consistently throughout a match. lando-t dies attempt two, rotom-w can only take so much, and everything else just dies. like literally the only things that don't die attempt 2 are phys def gliscor and rotom-w. and gliscor needs the proper move to hit metagross! i honestly think that mixed wall breaker mega metagross will just throw stall over the cliff. its nearly impossible, if not impossible, to cover everything already, but now you need to strain your resources to cover mega metagross. its just crazy.
Looks p good, although personally i'd put hp fire on latios and zen headbutt on gross

Just so you guys realize, he was responding to a question asking whether or not Swampert had any viability outside of rain.

His response was that it could be a bulky SR setter

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
They fulfill completely different roles. Megacham is a nuke and MGallade is a Sweeper. Megacham 2HKOs pr OHKOs significantly more things unboosted. Gallade has a much better boosting move, better bulk, better speed, and coverage to beat bulky psychics. Let's not compare apples to oranges.
But both are round, delicious fruits!

In all seriousness I'm really looking forward to Mega Gallade. Great support options in Will-O-Wisp, Destiny Bond, and Knock Off are going to make it pretty unpredictable and give it a chance to screw over its checks/counters while Swords Dance lets it actually sweep. It also looks frickin sweet with those DUEL DISK SYSTEMSTM and capes.

Just so you guys realize, he was responding to a question asking whether or not Swampert had any viability outside of rain.

Or you could use bulky SR setters that don't take up your Mega Slot and don't require moves they don't have.

Last edited:

His response was that it could be a bulky SR setter if it had Recover / Slack Off. A correct statement.

He didn't really answer the question directly lol so his post was kinda unhelpful but it wasn't technically wrong.

Atm im working with a silly M-Camerupt set. While its what you would expect with Max HP and Sp Attack, I'm running around with Yawn as the last attack, and im loving it xD

Blast!!! (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Yawn

The name is just from habit, but ive enjoyed the ability to mess with incoming switches trying to hit me with what they think is good and seeing if the opponent will risk their mon for the yawn.

While we're talking about rain, how is it going to deal with sceptile? It can switch into anything rain abusers typically spam except hurricane, and OHKO just about everything. Swampert will outspeed in rain, so ice punch is a must, but if it falls sceptile can clean really easily

While we're talking about rain, how is it going to deal with sceptile? It can switch into anything rain abusers typically spam except hurricane, and OHKO just about everything. Swampert will outspeed in rain, so ice punch is a must, but if it falls sceptile can clean really easily
ass vest raikou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)