ORAS Mega Stone Location Guide

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cant say, I think it would be a good idea to make a secondary list that shows the Stones in the order they can be obtained chronologically, just in case people want them ASAP.
Already said I was gonna do that...

For now you can just ctrl+f to find stuff (or use the forums' search function) to see what has been mentioned so far. I have been planning to make 3 lists with; all mega stones (alphabetical), pre-E4 (separated by before and after Groudon/Kyogre, in order you can obtain them) and post game. So watch this space for that development
Although I did word it pretty terribly, I will have a list based on chronological order in which you can obtain them, they will be in their own list of 'stones available during the story' (working title lol)

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Tyranitarite
General Location
: Jagged Pass
Specific Location: Just go down the path and keep left.
I think you mean your other left. Maybe I'm just stupid but I found this misleading... I was thinking my left (west) and not the in-game character's left (east) as you head south.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think you mean your other left. Maybe I'm just stupid but I found this misleading... I was thinking my left (west) and not the in-game character's left (east) as you head south.
According to CarbonDuck's post (available here) it is down the east side which is consistent with your information so I'm going to assume this is correct. I haven't been able to check because I'm still pre-CoO myself (damn Latias SRing...). Could you update your post DragonWhale? Otherwise I may Link to CarbonDuck's instead (much detail)

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
According to CarbonDuck's post (available here) it is down the east side which is consistent with your information so I'm going to assume this is correct. I haven't been able to check because I'm still pre-CoO myself (damn Latias SRing...). Could you update your post DragonWhale? Otherwise I may Link to CarbonDuck's instead (much detail)
I don't remember if it was the left or right anymore, but you're welcome to link to CarbonDuck's post instead since it is more complete (and pretty too, wow). I'll fix the tyranitarite on mine just in case it confuses anyone else.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I've updated the OP to have all the stones in it, there are only two (iirc, I'm sleepy) that don't have an exact location listed (Aerodactylite and Ampharosite) because the ones provided were too vague for me. If someone can come up with a concise description for either of them, be my guest, otherwise I will make them up when I get to them. I'm about to whoop Aqua's butts in the Seafloor Cavern so I've only been able to confirm all the pre-CoO stones myself and I was able to determine exactly where the rest are and write my own entries thanks to the descriptions provided by DragonWhale and CarbonDuck (thanks a lot for your work!).

So if we can get the descriptions for Aero and Amph stones then the alphabetical list will be finished (sans errors / typos I haven't picked up, anyone wanna GP it? lol)

Next, I want to create a list of stones available for use during the storyline (up until the Champion battle) in the order they are obtainable. Hopefully this will create some discussion as we try to determine the actual order, because you can sorta freestyle the way you go about Hoenn (especially the stones available after CoO as most require backtracking). I'm sure this will give you something to do now Karxrida lol. Also gonna go ahead and tag Celever because I feel like this list in-particular would be helpful to the in-game tier list... (even though it hasn't even been started yet)

The Ampharosite is iirc in the bottom right-hand corner of the back room (in new Mauville)
The Aerodactylite is in the back chamber (the room behind the waterfall) of Meteor Falls, on the 6th watery ledge from the top, on the leftmost path (hmmm... pretty hard to put that succinctly)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
so should this thread be locked now or
Um...

Next, I want to create a list of stones available for use during the storyline (up until the Champion battle) in the order they are obtainable. Hopefully this will create some discussion as we try to determine the actual order, because you can sorta freestyle the way you go about Hoenn (especially the stones available after CoO as most require backtracking)
Why would this need locking? Ease up on the mini-modding imo

Alakazite's the first stone available. Slateport Market, right as you enter town.
Manectite's the second stone available, get the bike in Mauville and head straight to cycling road.
Mawilite's the third stone available, hidden area on the route next to Mauville.
(technically Manectite and Mawilite are available at the same time)
Pidgeotite and Steelixite can also be obtained around this time, but those mon aren't in-game so whatevs.
Aggronite's the fourth stone available, beat Wattson and rock smash in Rusturf Tunnel.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
OK here's the order that I have so far. Let me know if you agree / disagree with something...

1. Alakazite (Slateport)
  2. Manectite (Route 110)
  3. Mawilite (Verdanturf)
  4. Aggronite (Rusturf Tunnel)
  5. Pidgeotite (Rustboro)
  6. Steelixite (Granite Cave) I've put it here because you're likely to get it on your second visit to the area (after Norman) rather than backtrack after immediately picking up the bike
  7. Lati@site (Route 118)
  8. Your starters' stone (Route 120)
  9. Absolite (Safari Zone)
  10. Medichamite (Mt. Pyre - interior)
  11. Banettite (Mt. Pyre - exterior)
  12. Gyaradosite (Route 123)
  13. Altarianite (Lilycove) I have this after Gyaradosite because I'm assuming you visit Mt. Pyre first, then take route 123 back to Slateport after Team Magma/Aqua prompt you to. There's no reason to go to Lilycove before / during the Mt. Pyre bit because of the nurse near Mt. Pyre...
  14. Glalitite (Shoal Cave - low tide)
  15. Slowbrownite (Shoal Cave - after getting Shell Bell)
  16. Pinsirite (Route 124) You need Dive to get it and I figured you'd visit Shoal Cave before fighting Tate & Liza
  17. Heracronite (Route 127) Technically, you can get this before Glalitite, but as far as the story progression goes, it's likely you won't have surfed down here yet
  18. Sablenite (Sootopolis) Another Dive one
The ones like this I'm considering leaving out because the Pokemon themselves require the National Dex

Is there a point to doing Post-CoO in order? You can fly everywhere and most of them require backtracking...

OK here's the order that I have so far. Let me know if you agree / disagree with something...

1. Alakazite (Slateport)
  2. Manectite (Route 110)
  3. Mawilite (Verdanturf)
  4. Aggronite (Rusturf Tunnel)
  5. Pidgeotite (Rustboro)
  6. Steelixite (Granite Cave) I've put it here because you're likely to get it on your second visit to the area (after Norman) rather than backtrack after immediately picking up the bike
  7. Lati@site (Route 118)
  8. Your starters' stone (Route 120)
  9. Absolite (Safari Zone)
  10. Medichamite (Mt. Pyre - interior)
  11. Banettite (Mt. Pyre - exterior)
  12. Gyaradosite (Route 123)
  13. Altarianite (Lilycove) I have this after Gyaradosite because I'm assuming you visit Mt. Pyre first, then take route 123 back to Slateport after Team Magma/Aqua prompt you to. There's no reason to go to Lilycove before / during the Mt. Pyre bit because of the nurse near Mt. Pyre...
  14. Glalitite (Shoal Cave - low tide)
  15. Slowbrownite (Shoal Cave - after getting Shell Bell)
  16. Pinsirite (Route 124) You need Dive to get it and I figured you'd visit Shoal Cave before fighting Tate & Liza
  17. Heracronite (Route 127) Technically, you can get this before Glalitite, but as far as the story progression goes, it's likely you won't have surfed down here yet
  18. Sablenite (Sootopolis) Another Dive one
The ones like this I'm considering leaving out because the Pokemon themselves require the National Dex

Is there a point to doing Post-CoO in order? You can fly everywhere and most of them require backtracking...
You could still make a note which ones are usable, assuming a normal playthrough - i.e. gardevoirite is now available.
Also the fact that Mewtwonite Y isn't reachable at the same time as the other post-CoO ones.
Finally, you forgot that you can get the other two starter stones as soon as you get your first one from the salesman at Route 114; but this should likely be underlined considering you need to trade for the other two starters.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Aerodactylite is supposed to be in Meteor Falls in the back room of 1F room 2 on left hand side ledges after you have completed the Primal Groudon/Kyogre narrative. I will search there (once I hit that point in the game) and I will report back. Anyone is free to test it. I believe you just surf north and use waterfall and then enter the room from there.

1) Take the waterfall up and enter the door
2) Go right at the entrance (past Dragon Tamer Nicolas) and down the ladder
3) Go around the new room (past Battle Girl Tess and Dragon Tamer Dray) and up the ladder
4) In the room, beat Old Couple John and Jay and go up the stairs to a set of jumps, the 5th jump will have a set of rocks. Jump at the left of the rocks and follow the path down to the Aerodactylite.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
You could still make a note which ones are usable, assuming a normal playthrough - i.e. gardevoirite is now available.
Also the fact that Mewtwonite Y isn't reachable at the same time as the other post-CoO ones.
Finally, you forgot that you can get the other two starter stones as soon as you get your first one from the salesman at Route 114; but this should likely be underlined considering you need to trade for the other two starters.
Yeah I think I'll list them all. I was going to have a 'where can you catch this Pokemon' thing in the description for each one, I suppose for those it will just say 'requires trade / national dex' or something..

Also re: starters stones, I didn't forget anything, you're incorrect about the salesman showing up as soon as you get your starters' stone from Steven. I'm still Pre-CoO on my playthrough and he's not there, and after some research he has been confirmed to appear Post-CoO

Thanks Ondore for the description, I'll change it a bit and add it to the OP soon. Also thanks Deinosaur for the picture

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I accidentally ran into Heracronite yesterday. I'll try to pinpoint the location for you.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
They're in the Safari Zone.
Um, no it's not... The stone is on an island on route 127. If you're talking about the Pokemon itself then yes, you can catch Heracross in the Safari Zone, but that's not what we're talking about lol

I accidentally ran into Heracronite yesterday. I'll try to pinpoint the location for you.
I also stumbled across it by accident last night so I'll have a better description up soon!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Um, no it's not... The stone is on an island on route 127. If you're talking about the Pokemon itself then yes, you can catch Heracross in the Safari Zone, but that's not what we're talking about lol
OOPS, sorry, I thought you said Heracross not Heracronite. X0 Thought it was odd you were asking where the Pokemon was, but I figured you were adding in a note where you could catch that Pokemon (which if you haven't actually doesn't sound like a bad idea).

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
OOPS, sorry, I thought you said Heracross not Heracronite. X0 Thought it was odd you were asking where the Pokemon was, but I figured you were adding in a note where you could catch that Pokemon (which if you haven't actually doesn't sound like a bad idea).
I won't be adding that information to the alphabetical list because most people will just be collecting the bulk of the stones after they have finished the game and they are preparing for Maison / Battle Spot etc. and will probably have the Pokemon already it at least know where to look...

When I put together the 'Mega Evolutions Available in the Story' list I will have a note on where to find them so you can add them to your in-game team ASAP

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Super-specific Aerodactylite directions incoming.
  1. Go up the waterfall in the main cavern, then go into the door to the left of the non-interactive waterfall.
  2. Go northeast towards the Dragon Tamer and take ladder near him.
  3. You should be near Battle Girl Tess (she has a Mienshao at level 46) running in circles. Go west of her near another Dragon Tamer, then go north after fighting him to find another ladder to go up.
  4. Those old badasses should be on your screen to the east once you go up the ladder. Fight them and go up the stair slope. Go to the top and start jumping down ledges, staying to the west.
  5. The ledge directly east from the old badasses will have the Aerodactylite, next to the two rocks on the right.

I can confirm that charizardite Y does NOT exist until the CoO event, nor does heatran appear.

Edit: Can confirm the above post's picture is where the aerodactylite is found in AS, I just never got it because the sparkles blended so damn well into the floor it's scary.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Just added a list for mega evos available during the story. Right now it's only pre-CoO 'mons. Looking for feedback on whether I should do post-CoO 'mons or leave as is. General feedback is also appreciated

Something to add for Gardevoirite:

You have to help Wanda's boyfriend through Rusturf Tunnel, then go to Wanda's house and if you go to the far right, you will see Wanda talking with her boyfriend. Talk to Wanda and she will give you Gardevoirite. Special thanks to Kurona for helping me with that!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)