Pokémon Serperior

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been testing today, and Serperior/MGyara/Fire type is actually really good. It utterly breaks stall teams like they are tissue paper. has some trouble with bulky / hyper offense depending on what fire type you use. Run Talonflame and you're weak to Heatran, run Darm Victini and you're weak to priority. Easy problems to fix though considering you still have half a team left to use.
I prefer to pair Serperior with Heatran, since unlike other fire types it resists all of Serperior Weaknesses(2 of which Heatran is immune) checking Talonflame,Scizor and Ferrothorn if you lack HP Fire, Clefable if they come after you kill something.

I am using Suicune with them for now, since it does well against Greninja's most common sets.

I prefer to pair Serperior with Heatran, since unlike other fire types it resists all of Serperior Weaknesses(2 of which Heatran is immune) checking Talonflame,Scizor and Ferrothorn if you lack HP Fire, Clefable if they come after you kill something.

I am using Suicune with them for now, since it does well against Greninja's most common sets.
Didn't think of using Heatran, that sounds like a good idea. Although I do like that Talonflame and Victini have more offensive momentum than heatran, something that greatly assists since the core is primarily about wall breaking. Suicune, Heatran, Serperior sounds good as a bulky offensive core though. I'm assuming you're running crocune?

Didn't think of using Heatran, that sounds like a good idea. Although I do like that Talonflame and Victini have more offensive momentum than heatran, something that greatly assists since the core is primarily about wall breaking. Suicune, Heatran, Serperior sounds good as a bulky offensive core though. I'm assuming you're running crocune?
Yeah, it is pretty effective, you can also use CroBro, but being weak to Dark Pulse of Greninja's takes away the primary function of it, also running a Voltturn core with Scarf Lando-T/Assault Vest Raikou which helps to build momentum, and M-Lopunny since it works pretty well against Stall with Serperior, of course still may need a couple of changes but is going well so far :)

Yeah, it is pretty effective, you can also use CroBro, but being weak to Dark Pulse of Greninja's takes away the primary function of it, also running a Voltturn core with Scarf Lando-T/Assault Vest Raikou which helps to build momentum, and M-Lopunny since it works pretty well against Stall with Serperior, of course still may need a couple of changes but is going well so far :)
haha wow it's funny I'm running almost the exact same thing. Defensive lando T and AV Raikou plus air balloon Drill to get rid of rocks and bop MAltaria. It's been wrecking a lot on PS and wifi, especially against Mbro and MSableye stall teams.

which hidden power should i breed on it? getting one from D_what
:D
I say HP Fire, HP Ground is only if you cannot deal with Heatran, HP Rock only helps with Zard Y, but you can already cripple him on incoming with Glare and if rocks are up you can kill him if you are at +2 with DPulse, which you cannot do against Ferro on Scizor, which are bigger threats and harder to deal with.

With HP Fire Magnezone/Magneton support HP Ground becomes much better than HP Fire, since you can take out pretty much all of the things that would stop Serperior that way. But HP Fire is a good "default" Hidden Power IMO.

Where was this thing last gen? It kinda came a little late to the party. As cool as it is I can't see it being too good, so many new threats have been introduced this gen such as greninja and talonflame. And its forced out by a lot of stuff, meaning if it gets a boost from leaf storm, it will have to switch out and lose the boost, and with leaf storm only having 8 pp you'll have to use leaf storm very carefully which is were the problem lies, it's too reliant on leaf storm. It's piss poor 75 special attack means it has to use leaf storm to do anything or its gonna be too weak to attack. Even +2 still isn't enough to get it going in some situations. Glare is cool but that may be the only thing it may end up doing. Doubt this thing will OU maybe top UU or something.

Where was this thing last gen? It kinda came a little late to the party. As cool as it is I can't see it being too good, so many new threats have been introduced this gen such as greninja and talonflame. And its forced out by a lot of stuff, meaning if it gets a boost from leaf storm, it will have to switch out and lose the boost, and with leaf storm only having 8 pp you'll have to use leaf storm very carefully which is were the problem lies, it's too reliant on leaf storm. It's piss poor 75 special attack means it has to use leaf storm to do anything or its gonna be too weak to attack. Even +2 still isn't enough to get it going in some situations. Glare is cool but that may be the only thing it may end up doing. Doubt this thing will OU maybe top UU or something.
You'd really be surprised how well this thing does. It completely eats up stall for breakfast; demolishing Slowbro, Alomomola, and even Mega Sableye. It works incredibly as a late-game cleaner too once you clear out all the birds and bees (literally this thing hates mega beedrill). Some calcs really show how impressive it is and it's so, so easy to get to +2 and for the opponent it's so hard to switch into it.

It may do good on certain levels in OU but to mention at least that charizard X should watch out switching in on leaf storm cause it will get OHKO after 2+ dragon pulse and the same could be said about Dragonite.

II have used Serperior in like 15 matches at least and not even once I have had the problem with running 8PP on Leaf Storm, even against Stall(which Serperior destroys), this is not a pokemon that breaks the game in half, but it is great at late game cleaning and of course as said previously it is great against the current best playstyle.

stall is generally too passive to break serperior, and with 8pp that's 4 times serperior can go to +4 and just punch holes everywhere in stall teams. its not really top tier ou, but this is definitely some cool shit that every stall team needs to be wary of (as a bonus, it also fucks quagsire if that's ur unaware so you're kind of reliant on clefable or talonflame to check the thing)

LO Leaf Storm still 2HKOs Clefable so yeah.

Stall's best bet is Heatran, Jirachi, Mandibuzz, or Mega Venusaur which shouldn't be hard to cover (SD Gallade beats all four for example).

LO Leaf Storm still 2HKOs Clefable so yeah.

Stall's best bet is Heatran, Jirachi, Mandibuzz, or Mega Venusaur which shouldn't be hard to cover (SD Gallade beats all four for example).
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 172-203 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

???

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 172-203 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

???
Oops my bad, used the Physical Defensive Unaware set for the calc.

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 208-247 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here's the set I use: it catches most off guard:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 Speed
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Special attack EVs don't seem to matter much to this poke, as it can quickly boost to an insane degree without much trouble. Subseeding is a fantastic tactic for improving longevity, as it can soak up health as Serperior slays the opposing team. HP Fire eliminates the more common counters.

Seed is quite a fantastic tool to weaken its checks, I agree.
Heatran and Unaware Clefable sure don´t like that drain.

Why HP Fire? All you need for Ferro and Skarm is Knock off and a Magnezone buddy and it lets you cover Chansey too. The set Karxrida used seems best with Dragon Pulse, Knock Off and HP Ground.

If Skarm or Ferro switch in and you knock off their shed shell... do you really think they'll stay in next turn? I'll take another free boost!

I personally believe Synthesis is a must on LO sets. It enables you to avoid Sucker punch and basically recover off the LO recoil. Serperior has solid defensive stats, it's not particularly frail so it can take certain hits well and having recovery increases its longetivity which can be a nightmare for the opponent.

I personally believe Synthesis is a must on LO sets. It enables you to avoid Sucker punch and basically recover off the LO recoil. Serperior has solid defensive stats, it's not particularly frail so it can take certain hits well and having recovery increases its longetivity which can be a nightmare for the opponent.
I'd argue a necessity of either Synthesis or Giga Drain. The latter has the obvious advantage of giving a STAB with existing PP, while the former has the advantage of more reliable recovery.

I don't see a lot of reasons to use Synthesis over Giga Drain IMO, though I must say that avoiding Sucker Punch is a good pro. It's just that Synthesis don't really like Rain or Sandstorm teams, while Giga Drain don't care about weather (Giga Drain being able to hit typical Rain and Sandstorm pokemon for neutral or super effective damage is also a plus). Plus the whole "Leaf Storm doesn't have a lot of PP" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)