Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm assuming you mean a gif? The exact same way as you would on a computer. Click on your name on the upper right corner of your screen, then go to 'Signature'. There you can use [IM.G][/IMG] (without the dot) and paste the link in between or the landscape icon (next to the smiley) in the format tab and paste the link there.
Alright thanks and how about your as your avatar

How do you get access to Smogon's Twitter and Facebook accounts? I haven't seen any place on the forums dedicated to this.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Question: I have a level 100 Pokemon holding a lucky egg at the front of my party. If I turn the Exp. Share on, will ALL the EXP go to the rest of my Pokemon, WITH the effects of the lucky egg?
Yes.

Also, don't double post. Use the edit button instead. It's right under your post :)
Hey whoa this isn't right, fren @Fluke...

Only the Pokemon holding the Lucky Egg gets the experience boost. If you want all your Pokemon to get the benefit they will all have to hold their own Lucky Egg (you can get them off wild Pelipper really easily with the DexNav in ORAS).

But how do you get access to post content?
It's unlikely you'd be given access, only section leaders or people with a lot of important stuff to tweet without having to go through the Happenings thread get access. If you have random things you'd like tweeted for publicity then post them in the Happenings thread. If you have any questions about it then PM me or tennisace.

Hey whoa this isn't right, fren @Fluke...

Only the Pokemon holding the Lucky Egg gets the experience boost. If you want all your Pokemon to get the benefit they will all have to hold their own Lucky Egg (you can get them off wild Pelipper really easily with the DexNav in ORAS).
Shoot, you're right. I was getting confused, since I normally train my Pokemon with all my Pokemon holding their own Lucky Egg. So I automatically said yes, lol. Thanks for clarifying, 'fren' :)

On Pokemon Showdown, I've seen some people that have custom avatars. Do you need to attain some kind of status for that, or can anyone do it? If anyone can, how can I do it? Thanks

On Pokemon Showdown, I've seen some people that have custom avatars. Do you need to attain some kind of status for that, or can anyone do it? If anyone can, how can I do it? Thanks
You mean a different character, right? When on the Pokemon Showdown! main page go to the upper right corner and click on the gear icon. From there, click on 'change avatar', et voila.

You mean a different character, right? When on the Pokemon Showdown! main page go to the upper right corner and click on the gear icon. From there, click on 'change avatar', et voila.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about, but what I mean is I've seen people that have an avatar that isn't on there, like a trainer and with a Sneasel.

Custom avatars are possible to get for people with high ranks, idk precisely what rank, think it's global moderator or something (don't qoute me on that though).

Hello guyz, I have a lil question: When I look at the list of subjects, I can see icons (for example, subject locked), but what does signify the little glasses' icon :0 ?

Hello guyz, I have a lil question: When I look at the list of subjects, I can see icons (for example, subject locked), but what does signify the little glasses' icon :0 ?
I means you "watch" the thread, meaning that you get notifications when someone reply to it.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it means that you're watching the thread. when you have a thread watched, you'll get an alert whenever someone responds to that thread. default settings also automatically make you watch a thread whenever you post in it, but you can disable this in "preferences"

you can also manually watch / unwatch a thread by clicking this:

Um...hello. I am new to Smogon and I have joined today. I am not new to Pokemon and have been playing it for several months. I am trying to navigate the forums and get familiar and I can't figure out how to post a new topic. I want to open a topic so I can ask how to competitively breed and train a Muk, since I know nest to nothing about EVs, IVs, or want the Natures mean......please help!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Um...hello. I am new to Smogon and I have joined today. I am not new to Pokemon and have been playing it for several months. I am trying to navigate the forums and get familiar and I can't figure out how to post a new topic. I want to open a topic so I can ask how to competitively breed and train a Muk, since I know nest to nothing about EVs, IVs, or want the Natures mean......please help!
there's no place that you can post a thread on just muk, and you need moderator approval to post threads in most forums. i guess you could try talking to the people in showdown's nu room, since nu is the only tier that muk can be used well afaik and your topic is better suited towards a live chatroom than a thread. if you mean you want to talk about breeding muks ingame or something, you could always take a stroll down the wifi room and their multiple sub-rooms.

xzern

for sure
Also, in case I ever want to open a thread about something else, how would I contact a moderator to attempt to get permission?
you can send a PM to them by clicking "start a conversation" next to their name. if you don't know which mod to be pm'ing, since all section mods have the same badge, check this post so you know which mods to be pm'ing.

for clarification, this is how you pm somebody:

from there, write up the OP to the thread you plan on posting and send it to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)