[Balanced Hackmons] Mega Rayquaza [QC: 3/3] [GP 2/2]

QC: Uselesscrab / Piccolo Daimao / E4 Flint
GP: Malley / The Dutch Plumberjack​

[OVERVIEW]
Mega Rayquaza's excellent mixed offenses and STAB on the type with the best neutral coverage in the game allow it to utilize a variety of sets effectively. The most common Mega Rayquaza sets utilize powerful priority attacks with the ability Aerilate to boost priority moves' power or the ability Gale Wings to increase its Flying-type moves' priority, making Mega Rayquaza an excellent revenge killer; additionally, Mega Rayquaza can also work well as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper, and can use less common but still effective sets such as mixed Protean or Contrary to surprise common walls and sweep. However, Mega Rayquaza is commonly walled by nearly anything that its Flying-type STAB is not very effective against and is commonly accounted for during teambuilding, although common walls may be countered with certain coverage moves. Mega Rayquaza also lacks a reliable way to keep healthy throughout the match, as well as being a common target for Imposters. Regardless, Mega Rayquaza should be considered for any hyper offensive or balanced team due to its versatility and ability to perform several roles effectively.

[SET]
name: Standard Aerilate
move 1: Fake Out / King's Shield
move 2: Extreme Speed
move 3: Boomburst / Techno Blast
move 4: Spore / King's Shield / Magma Storm
item: Safety Goggles / Sky Plate
ability: Aerilate
nature: Hasty
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

The high priority of Fake Out and Extreme Speed, coupled with Extreme Speed's decent power, allows Mega Rayquaza to almost always hit hard before the opponent moves. Fake Out, which is boosted by Aerilate and STAB, gets free damage due to the 100% flinch chance and can be followed up by Extreme Speed to deal good damage to anything that does not resist it. However, King's Shield can replace Fake Out to scout the opponent's moves and punish Pokemon using contact moves. Mega Rayquaza's third move slot is Boomburst, which 2HKOes practically anything that does not resist it and hits through Substitute, although it is blocked by Soundproof. If Soundproof is a worry, Techno Blast can be used instead, but Techno Blast has fewer PP and less power and doesn't bypass Substitutes. For Mega Rayquaza's final moveslot, King's Shield may be used to prevent revenge killers from KOing it and to scout the opponent's moveset; however, be wary when using King's Shield, as it does not protect from status moves. Alternatively, Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types super effectively while also KOing Sturdy Shedinja on the switch. Spore can also be used to put a foe to sleep. However, this makes Mega Rayquaza susceptible to Magic Bounce users; Safety Goggles may be used to overcome this drawback.

Set Details
========

Mega Rayquaza has maximum EVs in Attack and Speed to outspeed or Speed tie with other Mega Rayquaza and maximum Speed Mega Diancie while also dealing maximum damage with Fake Out and Extreme Speed. The final 4 EVs are invested into Special Attack to deal slightly more damage with Boomburst. A Hasty Nature allows Mega Rayquaza the most offensive capability with maximum Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also alter its EVs to favor Special Attack, changing its role from a priority-using revenge killer into a wallbreaker. Aerilate, which turns Mega Rayquaza's Normal-type moves into boosted Flying-type STAB moves, is the chosen ability to provide powerful Flying-type priority attacks. Sky Plate can be used to boost all of Mega Rayquaza's STAB attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another option to avoid being hit by Spore, which is commonly found on a Prankster Steel-types. Safety Goggles also complements Mega Rayquaza's own Spore, as it prevents Mega Rayquaza from being put to sleep if it uses Spore on a Pokemon with Magic Bounce.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Rayquaza should use Fake Out and Extreme Speed if the foe can outspeed or outprioritize it otherwise, while Boomburst is the preferred option for wallbreaking against slower teams. However, due to the abundance of King's Shield in the metagame, Boomburst can be used over Fake Out or Extreme Speed if the foe is suspected to have King's Shield. Moves such as U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot are useful for bringing in Mega Rayquaza safely, as it is relatively frail and does not appreciate taking unnecessary damage.

Team Options
========

As Mega Rayquaza is weak to other common Fake Out and Extreme Speed users such as Kyurem-B and Mega Diancie, a Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash that resists both of these Pokemon's STAB moves is a vital teammate. These two Steel-types can also counter to Pokemon with Imposter that have transformed into Mega Rayquaza. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, as Mega Rayquaza cannot break Shedinja unless it has Magma Storm, which is unreliable. Effective ways to deal with it are entry hazard support and Pokemon with a combination of Mold Breaker and Pursuit. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support through Pokemon such as Mega Audino and Registeel, as Mega Rayquaza is weak to Stealth Rock and is crippled by burns, which makes its priority attacks nearly useless. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard setters such as Giratina and Deoxys-S, as Mega Rayquaza usually forces a lot of switches. Pokemon that can remove Steel-types, such as Protean Mega Mewtwo X and Earth Plate + Judgment users such as Mega Mewtwo Y are also necessary to eliminate some of Mega Rayquaza's most common checks.

[SET]
name: Special Gale Wings
move 1: Oblivion Wing
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Tail Glow
move 4: Magma Storm / Earth Power
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Gale Wings
nature: Modest
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Oblivion Wing is a strong Flying-type move that recovers Mega Rayquaza's HP, allowing Mega Rayquaza to run a Life Orb to compensate for the loss of power compared to Boomburst. It also allows Mega Rayquaza to effectively use Substitute to block incoming status and attempted use of Imposter, as the HP lost from using Substitute can be regained through Oblivion Wing. Tail Glow boosts Mega Rayquaza's Special Attack to drastic levels, allowing it to take down even some Pokemon that resist its attacks; with a Substitute and a single Tail Glow, Mega Rayquaza can OHKO Mega Diancie without fear of being knocked out by Extreme Speed or Fake Out. Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types that resist Oblivion Wing. Magma Storm can also KO Shedinja. Alternatively, Earth Power can be used to hit Steel- and Rock-types, both of which resist Oblivion Wing. However, Mega Rayquaza is unable to hit Shedinja with Earth Power and therefore requires the team to have another way of beating it.

Set Details
========

Gale Wings gives all of Mega Rayquaza's Flying-type moves +1 priority, allowing it to outprioritize most threats other than Fake Out and Extreme Speed users. Life Orb is used to increase the power of Oblivion Wing. Oblivion Wing restores HP, and counteracts the recoil from Life Orb. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used to allow Mega Rayquaza to set up more Substitutes. Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment allows Mega Rayquaza to hit as hard and as fast as possible. Modest is preferred to maximize Special Attack, but Timid can be used to outspeed other Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza.

Usage Tips
========

Try to bring in Mega Rayquaza on something it can force out in order to set up Substitute or Tail Glow. Be wary setting up when the opponent still has a Pokemon with higher-priority moves or a tank that resists Oblivion Wing, as these can often force Mega Rayquaza out. Due to Substitute blocking Transform and Imposter, Substitute is generally the best choice if the opponent still has an Imposter in the back. Only attempt to sweep when anything that can check Mega Rayquaza at +3 Special Attack has been removed.

Team Options
========

Imposter Chansey is a common switch-in to Mega Rayquaza. Therefore, a powerful special tank or an Unaware user such as Cresselia is vital to prevent it from sweeping. If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey as well as to beat Mega Diancie. This set appreciates entry hazard removal from Pokemon like Registeel and Giratina to avoid taking unnecessary amounts of damage from switching in. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates having hazards on the opponent's side of the field through Pokemon such as Giratina and Deoxys-S, as entry hazards prevent Shedinja from switching in. Steel-type tanks such as Registeel and Aegislash are useful to take attacks from Pokemon with the abilities Pixilate and Refrigerate using Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Shedinja should still be accounted for, even if Magma Storm is run, and can be checked by a Mold Breaker Pursuit user or the aforementioned hazards. This Mega Rayquaza set is not threatened as much by status, as Substitute blocks most of it, but because it tends to stay in for extended periods of time, status removal through Pokemon like Mega Audino is useful to keep Mega Rayquaza healthy.

========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Physical Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent is another option that does not take up your -ate slot and can still do massive damage with a priority STAB move. Another possible option is Contrary Mega Rayquaza, which has the opportunity to surprise its common checks and counters with moves like V-Create, Overheat, and Leaf Storm. However, it still struggles against Chansey and Shedinja; with a Choice Scarf, Mega Rayquaza may be able to handle Chansey but only if predicted correctly. Mega Rayquaza can also run mixed Protean sets due to its excellent mixed offenses in order to surprise switch-ins to its Aerilate or Gale Wings sets. Mega Rayquaza also has several other options for its Aerilate set. One possible option is swapping the Attack and Special Attack EVs for more power in Boomburst, although this weakens the power of Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also change its fourth moveslot to Infestation to consistently beat Shedinja, or Precipice Blades, Low Kick, or Thousand Arrows to hit common switch-ins to Mega Rayquaza super effectively, although an Imposter counter must be chosen appropriately. Finally, Mega Rayquaza may run Choice Scarf with Aerilate to have a fast Boomburst. If this is run, Trick is an excellent option to cripple switch-ins. Pivot moves such as Volt Switch are also excellent choices, as Mega Rayquaza does not mind the Choice item when using those.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie is a significant threat to Mega Rayquaza, as Mega Diancie resists both of Mega Rayquaza's STAB moves and can threaten it with a super effective Pixilate Extreme Speed.

**Physically Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Physically bulky Soundproof users such as Mega Slowbro and Arceus can tank Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extreme Speed and are not affected by Boomburst.

**Registeel and Aegislash**: With a resistance to Flying, Steel-type tanks can switch into any attack and may not even be KOed by coverage moves. Additionally, sets running Levitate, Flash Fire, and Prankster may counter any one variant of Mega Rayquaza.

**Shedinja**: If Mega Rayquaza lacks a way to beat Shedinja, Shedinja can consistently switch in to take in Mega Rayquaza's attacks and threaten to use Endeavor or gain momentum by pivoting into another Pokemon.

**Protean + King's Shield**: Pokemon with Protean and King's Shield such as Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y can use King's Shield to harshly lower Mega Rayquaza's Attack upon contact and change their typing to Steel, which resists Mega Rayquaza's STAB types.

Last edited:
Overview: You don't need to say on par with Deoxys-Attack. Also mention the Gale Wings set here, rather than just Aerilate.

Set: To maintain consistency with Mega Diancie, let's try to get rid of some of these slashes. Move Low Kick, Spore and Infestation to Other Options to make the two analyses similar. This is also consistent with the new three-move policy. When you move Spore to OO, also mention that it goes well with Safety Goggles.

Set Details: "However, if you want Boomburst to deal the maximum damage, you can switch the Attack and Special Attack EVs." should be in OO instead, I think.

Team Options: Mention that it's a good idea to have a Steel-type killer like Primal Groudon

Set 2: Honestly, in my opinion, this should be an Other Option. It's not common enough to justify its own set, and the lack of Fake Out hurts a lot too. Just give it a long entry in OO. Other QC, feel free to disagree.

Set 3: Slash Leftovers, I think. That way you can recover more health to make more Substitutes. Otherwise, this section is very well written.

OO: Add all the moves I mentioned before. Mention that Scarf Contrary can actually allow you to kill Chansey if played right. Also add a mention of a mixed Protean set, which can be useful because of Mega Ray's great offenses and ability to lure in and kill common Aerilate and Gale Wings counters. Also add a mention of Choice Specs for increased nuking ability, though it's rare.

Checks and Counters: Get rid of the Mail thing. A Pokemon with Mail doesn't work if it dies to Boomburst anyway. Add in Protean King's Shield users as a good check to the set. Say that Techno Blast can still kill Soundproof users with low Special Defense like Mega Slowbro and Primal Groudon. Mention specific Steel-type tanks instead of using the term generally.

Do all this, and QC 1/3!

Sorry for taking an incredibly long time to get this done.

Looks really good so far! Let's see

Overview:
Mention that it's a terrific revenge killer because it relies heavily on strong priority moves
Set 1:
You need to clean up the slashes. There are way too many. I agree that they're all terrific sets, but you aren't supposed to have more than 3 (and even 3 is a bit high). I know this is really hard, but that's what they want for C&C
I asked the other QCers what they wanted to keep and I got this response:
I'd go with Spore/Magma/King's Shield, and mention the rest in OO
Also, choose one nature IMO
Set Comments:
Moves:
That first sentence is confusing, maybe break it up into a couple sentences. It seems like too much information is getting shoved into a sentence (I mean it's all important, just break it up a bit)
Same with the second line.
Usage Tips:
On your 3rd bullet point, there are better ways of saying that. I'd suggest writing: If you believe your opponent is going to switch in something that resists Flying type, use your coverage move (if you have one)
Team Options:
On your 5th bullet point, change "most Diancie sets" or however you said it to "many Diancie sets"
Also you might add hazard support here, because even though Ray doesn't require it to do huge amounts of damage, it forces tons of switches, so it's very useful to have
Set 2: Move to OO like UC suggested. It's not different enough to be its own set, and I'm not convinced it's viable
Set 3:
Set looks good
Usage tips:
These are all good but they aren't clear at all. The sentences are all run-on and could be much clearer. I'd suggest being a bit more generic with this (e.g. change your last two bullet points to just say "Predict switchins and use relevant coverage moves".) Tag me when you've attempted to do this and I can double check it.
Team Options:
Remove "as well as Mega Diancie" from your first bullet point. I see what you mean but it throws the sentence off and makes it unnecessarily confusing.
Change "one of" to "some of" on your 6th bullet point
Checks and Counters: They don't need to be all caps like that. Besides that, looks good! You might want to simplify the Mega Diancie one a bit because it's a bit all over the place.

Nice work!
QC 2/3
Please write this analysis up into paragraph form now.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey omnisc.

Let me just preface this by saying that you're doing my all time favorite mon. Therefore, you should probably have a section called "Why is it worthy of Worship"
Please don't actually implement this lel

Overview:
  • Something about your 2nd and 3rd sentence seems off to me, because the "high power priority sets" are on the same Aerilate set usually as Boomburst (which you even show), yet you have separated these sentences with "however", like they are not
  • "Extreme versatility, [great offensive stats]..."

Set Standard Aerilate

Set Comments:
  • I don't think Fake Out is "mandatory" on -ates in general, because very rarely will an opponent allow you to get the 2Hko with extremespeed; Hence I keep a scout (King's Shield, which I think can actually be slashed with Fake Out)or 2nd coverage move instead. This allows you to have a move that you can make use of more than one time and be helpful in more scenarios. Not to mention situations where people go for Extremspeed directly to hit harder on switches, and the fact that you will have one less move that is affected by Rocky Helmet.

Set Details:
  • One thing I do, is that the spectrum I am going for (in your case, 252 atk), I would pick hasty, so that I can do maximum damage to the imposter using my strongest stat. Upto you if you want to include this tactic
  • Building off of that, other viable spreads can be making 252 on spA, or going for a balanced spread with max Speed. Make a mention how all are usable and can be adjusted to serve slightly different roles, from priority revenge killer to nuke machine. I know you have this in OO, but I think it will be useful to have a note about it here as well.
  • (optional note)Safety Goggles also go very well with King's Shield
Usage Tips:
  • Boomburst is the best option, but you can also attempt to Spore on the King's Shield. This should be done if you are not in danger of getting status'd or flat ko'damage
  • Since your fourth moveslot also includes Spore, you should mention that phazing power to allow you to switch into someone else to handle it, along with Ray's ability to "deal super effective damage onto the switch-in"
Team Options:
  • Like I said earlier in another QC, you should attempt to make your check for other ates, also be able to check your own to maximize efficiency. You can even alter your ate check so that your only version of the check can wall your ate (for example, putting Safety Goggles on your Registeel for your Spore Ray). So you should put your lines about these two things together
  • Fur Coat Chansey is a good partner as it allows you to run other coverage moves that Steel types could not wall, like Thousand Arrows/Earth Power
Set Special Gale Wings

Usage Tips:
  • Substitute first is also advised if the opponent still has Imposter

Team Options:
  • I don't think the last line is necessary, as TG with your coverage move is supposed to be for Steel types already

Other Options:
  • Different bullet points for the sets MegaRay can run or each distinct option it can have
  • "thousand arrows, (earth power)..." and also make a mention that if you choose do to this, your anti imposter must be chosen appropriately (e.g. Aegislash for Low Kick, Chansey for Tarrows/Earth Power)

Checks and Counters:
  • Since you made a specific note about Raymega without Infestation/Magma, add a note to "Registeel/Aegislash" (and Steel types in general) about how Levitate, Flash Fire and Prankster can handle different variations of Raymega so one should be prepared to handle them depending on which coverage one uses
  • For Protean King's Shield, mention how after the King's Shield, the user of Raymega faces a threat of Raymega being finished off, or allowing the Protean a free attack on a switch

Thanks for waiting.

QC3/3

Oh and..

Hey omnisc.

Let me just preface this by saying that you're doing my all time favorite mon. Therefore, you should probably have a section called "Why is it worthy of Worship"
Please don't actually implement this lel

Overview:
  • Something about your 2nd and 3rd sentence seems off to me, because the "high power priority sets" are on the same Aerilate set usually as Boomburst (which you even show), yet you have separated these sentences with "however", like they are not
  • "Extreme versatility, [great offensive stats]..."

Set Standard Aerilate

Set Comments:
  • I don't think Fake Out is "mandatory" on -ates in general, because very rarely will an opponent allow you to get the 2Hko with extremespeed; Hence I keep a scout (King's Shield, which I think can actually be slashed with Fake Out)or 2nd coverage move instead. This allows you to have a move that you can make use of more than one time and be helpful in more scenarios. Not to mention situations where people go for Extremspeed directly to hit harder on switches, and the fact that you will have one less move that is affected by Rocky Helmet.

Set Details:
  • One thing I do, is that the spectrum I am going for (in your case, 252 atk), I would pick hasty, so that I can do maximum damage to the imposter using my strongest stat. Upto you if you want to include this tactic
  • Building off of that, other viable spreads can be making 252 on spA, or going for a balanced spread with max Speed. Make a mention how all are usable and can be adjusted to serve slightly different roles, from priority revenge killer to nuke machine. I know you have this in OO, but I think it will be useful to have a note about it here as well.
  • (optional note)Safety Goggles also go very well with King's Shield
Usage Tips:
  • Boomburst is the best option, but you can also attempt to Spore on the King's Shield. This should be done if you are not in danger of getting status'd or flat ko'damage
  • Since your fourth moveslot also includes Spore, you should mention that phazing power to allow you to switch into someone else to handle it, along with Ray's ability to "deal super effective damage onto the switch-in"
Team Options:
  • Like I said earlier in another QC, you should attempt to make your check for other ates, also be able to check your own to maximize efficiency. You can even alter your ate check so that your only version of the check can wall your ate (for example, putting Safety Goggles on your Registeel for your Spore Ray). So you should put your lines about these two things together
  • Fur Coat Chansey is a good partner as it allows you to run other coverage moves that Steel types could not wall, like Thousand Arrows/Earth Power
Set Special Gale Wings

Usage Tips:
  • Substitute first is also advised if the opponent still has Imposter

Team Options:
  • I don't think the last line is necessary, as TG with your coverage move is supposed to be for Steel types already

Other Options:
  • Different bullet points for the sets MegaRay can run or each distinct option it can have
  • "thousand arrows, (earth power)..." and also make a mention that if you choose do to this, your anti imposter must be chosen appropriately (e.g. Aegislash for Low Kick, Chansey for Tarrows/Earth Power)

Checks and Counters:
  • Since you made a specific note about Raymega without Infestation/Magma, add a note to "Registeel/Aegislash" (and Steel types in general) about how Levitate, Flash Fire and Prankster can handle different variations of Raymega so one should be prepared to handle them depending on which coverage one uses
  • For Protean King's Shield, mention how after the King's Shield, the user of Raymega faces a threat of Raymega being finished off, or allowing the Protean a free attack on a switch

Thanks for waiting.

QC3/3

Oh and..
done, it appeared to have not saved all of my edits earlier =\. ah well, all edits done now.
ready for GP

Unofficial AMCheck.

Delete (DC)= Delete Comma
Add (AC)=Add Comma
Color Commentary

Mega Rayquaza is a constant threat in the metagame with excellent mixed offenses, allowing it to utilize a variety of sets effectively(DC) and making it difficult to predict know what it will do. Constant feels a little vague and doesn't really seem to apply. Other words like "omnipresent", "potent", etc. feel like they might work better. That's a subjective judgment, though. Most Mega Rayquaza sets involve high power utilize powerful priority attacks, making it an them excellent revenge killers. Feels a bit awkward, but the "it" referred incorrectly to the plural "sets" For example, one of the most common Mega Rayquaza sets involves using has the ability Aerilate to use and uses extremely powerful STAB and Aerilate boosted attacks such as Boomburst to deal immense amounts of damage nuke the opponent into oblivion. Don't get me wrong, I love the way you said it, but I'm not sure that's what people want to read on an analysis. Also, this is an example possibly following the sentence before talking about revenge killing with powerful priority, but it doesn't give an example of that powerful priority, like Aerilate Extreme Speed Mega Rayquaza should be considered in for any hyper offense or balanced team due to its extreme versatility and ability to do its role effectively. Not sure what you mean by "versatile" as it seems to have one purpose. Also the "do its role effectively" was a bit vague so I took it out for now.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Fake Out and Extreme Speed are significant staple moves for this set, as their high priority coupled with Extreme Speed's decent power allows Mega Rayquaza to hit hard before the opponent moves with little to no chance of attacking after the opponent. Fake Out, which is boosted by Aerilate and also gets a STAB boost, gets effectively free damage from with the 100% flinch, which and can be followed up by Extreme Speed to deal a quick blow of damage to anything that does not resist it. "A quick blow of" is not a good way to describe damage, as far as I know. You might have meant "powerful priority" or "significant" However, due to checks to Mega Rayquaza Mega Rayquaza's checks commonly switching in to it Mega Rayquaza, King's Shield may replace Fake Out to scout the opponent's moves. Not quite sure how the switching in of checks and use of King's Shield to scout connect too well, unless checks are vague and very moveset-depedent Mega Rayquaza's third move slot is Boomburst, a 140 base power sound-based Normal-type move, which is boosted by STAB after Aerilate and is able to hit through Substitutes, though it is blocked by Soundproof. allowing it to become a STAB attack through Aerilate and able to hit through Substitutes, although it is blocked by Soundproof. Boomburst is an extremely powerful attack which 2HKOs practically anything which does not resist it, including tanks, which makes Boomburst making it a good choice to use when Mega Rayquaza outspeeds the opponent. However, if Soundproof is a worry, Techno Blast can be used instead, although Techno Blast has less PP and power and doesn't bypass Substitutes, and has slightly less power. For Mega Rayquaza's final moveslot, King's Shield may be used to prevent revenge killers from OHKOing killing it and scouting the opponent's moveset; however, as King's Shield does not protect against status moves, Mega Rayquaza cannot spam using King's Shield every other turn. Alternatively, Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types super effectively while also KOing fainting Sturdy Shedinja on the switch in if switched in. Spore may also be used to send put the opponent to sleep, giving Mega Rayquaza free turns to deal damage. However, this makes Mega Rayquaza susceptible to Magic Bounce users; Safety Goggles may be used to overcome the this drawback.

Set Details
========

Mega Rayquaza's EVs are maxed out has maximum EVs in Attack and Speed to outspeed or speed tie with other Mega Rayquaza and max speed Mega Diancie while also dealing maximum damage with Fake Out and Extreme Speed. The final 4 EVs are in added to Special Attack to deal slightly more damage with Boomburst. A Hasty Nature allows Mega Rayquaza to retain all of its attacks while granting it the most offensive capability with maximum speed. Mega Rayquaza may also alter its EVs to favor Sp. Atk, changing its role from a priority revenge killer into a nuke. Aerilate, which turns Mega Rayquaza's Normal-type moves into boosted Flying-type STAB moves, is the choice chosen ability to allow for for powerful Flying-type priority attacks. Sky Plate can be used to boost all of Mega Rayquaza's STAB attacks without any drawbacks, leading to even more powerful attacks. Safety Goggles is another alternative option to avoid being hit by Spore, which is commonly found on a Prankster Steel-types and would send put Mega Rayquaza to sleep, making it useless for part or all of the rest of the match. Safety Goggles also complements Spore, as if Mega Rayquaza uses Spore on a Pokemon with Magic Bounce Magic Bouncer, the Safety Goggles would prevent Mega Rayquaza from being put to sleep going to sleep.

Usage Tips
========

In most cases, Mega Rayquaza should use Fake Out and Extreme Speed on the opponent if they can outspeed or outprioritize it otherwise. Not sure who the "they" and the last "it" refer to. Does Mega Rayquaza use it on an opponent who might otherwise be able to outspeed/outprioritize? Or does Mega Rayquaza use it if it can outspeed/outprioritize the opponent? The next sentence makes this a little clearer, but it'd be good if you fixed this first sentence. However, if you believe the opponent's Pokemon has King's Shield(DC) or Spiky Shield, or if Mega Rayquaza simply outspeeds them, Boomburst is probably the best option as it is the most powerful attack. However, if you know the opponent's Pokemon has King's Shield and Mega Rayquaza has have Spore, Spore is an option to bypass King's Shield and put the opponent to sleep while sending the opponent to sleep. To bring in Mega Rayquaza, Try to use pivot moves such as U-Turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot to bring in Mega Rayquaza, as it Mega Rayquaza is relatively frail and would will take unnecessarily large amounts of damage from blind switches. If you believe the opponent is going to switch into a Pokemon which walls all of your STAB attacks, go for your 4th moveslot if it is a coverage move, as it will allow Mega Rayquaza to deal super effective damage onto the switch-in. If Mega Rayquaza has Spore, Not sure what the last sentence fragment was meant to be, but the entire sentence before that seems unusual. Even if the last slot is the only recommended coverage move Magma Storm (so you can probably just say that instead of "4th moveslot if it is a coverage move"), you can't always deal effective damage to a switch in, especially if the switch in is, say, Rock-type. Reword this a bit more clearly, please.

Team Options
========

As Mega Rayquaza is especially weak to other common Fake Out and Extreme Speed users hitters, such as Kyurem-Black and Mega Diancie, a Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash which resists both of the aforementioned Pokemons' pokes' STAB moves is vital to preserve Mega Rayquaza. Not sure "preserve" is the right move here. "take hits for", maybe? The tank used to wall other Fake Out and Extreme Speed users should also be able to wall Mega Rayquaza itself as a counter to Pokemon with Imposter. Shedinja, another common threat in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, also needs to be accounted for, as Mega Rayquaza cannot break Shedinja unless it has Magma Storm, which is rather unreliable. The most common and effective ways to deal with it are hazard support and Pokemon with Mold Breaker and Pursuit. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support status healing, as its weakness to rocks makes it lose 1/4 of its HP upon switch-in and also gets it is also crippled by burns, making which make its priority attacks near useless. While I think this sentence works, I think the ideas would work better if separated into one sentence about hazard removal and one sentence about cleric support However, Mega Rayquaza can take use of appreciates hazard setters itself, as Mega Rayquaza it usually forces a switch, allowing it to slowly chip away the opponent. If Mega Rayquaza is not running Magma Storm, Shedinja is another viable option to tank in Chansey's attacks, as well as other threats such as most Mega Diancie sets. A Pokemon that can remove destroy Steel-types is also necessary to eliminate for eliminating one of Mega Rayquaza's most common checks. Finally, Mega Rayquaza appreciates a Pokemon that can phaze, which allows allowing Mega Rayquaza to switch in on something to a poke it can handle and landing land a super-effective hit on their switch-in. I don't quite understand. So a phazing teammate forces the opponent to switch to a Pokemon that Mega Rayquaza can then switch in on. Mega-Rayquaza then lands a super effective hit on their next switch-in? Or the one they were just forced into? Also, Mega Rayquaza isn't guaranteed a super effective hit with Mono Flying or even Flying/Fire coverage. Please clarify.

========

[SET]
ivs: null Atk

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Oblivion Wing is a decently strong Flying-type move that heals recovers Mega Rayquaza's HP, allowing Mega Rayquaza to run a Life Orb to compensate for the loss of power From what? and also allowing Mega Rayquaza to be able to set up Substitute, It can set up Substitute whether it runs Oblivion Wing or not which blocks incoming status, attempted use of Imposter, and allows Mega Rayquaza from taking to take a hit and then retaliating retaliate with Oblivion Wing; the HP lost from using Substitute can be regained through Oblivion Wing. This is pretty long for a first sentence, even one with a semicolon. I would recommend summarizing Oblivion Wing allowing it to heal off Life Orb damage and helping it regain health behind a Substitute in one sentence, then discussing the benefits of a Substitute in the second. Tail Glow boosts Mega Rayquaza's Special Attack to drastic quantities levels, making Mega Rayquaza capable of taking allowing Mega Rayquaza to take down even some Pokemon that which resist it; with a Substitute and a single Tail Glow, Mega Rayquaza can OHKO Diancie-Mega without fear of retaliation, which can either use Fake Out or Extreme Speed and break the Substitute and then die or use Boomburst, in which Mega Diancie is outprioritized due to Gale Wings. Great that you know so much about the metagame, but this sentence was too detailed on what counters Mega Rayquaza rather than what this Mega Rayquaza set can do Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types, which resist Oblivion Wing. Magma Storm also KOes kills Shedinja if Magma Storm it hits(Remove semicolon and replace with period) Alternatively, Earth Power can be used to hit Steel- and Rock- types, both of which resist Oblivion Wing. However, Mega Rayquaza is unable to hit Shedinja with Earth Power and therefore requires the team to have another way of beating it to have either Shedinja eliminated first or hazards on the opponent's side of the field.

Set Details
========

Mega Rayquaza's ability is Gale Wings, which gives all of Mega Rayquaza's Flying-type moves +1 priority, allowing Mega Rayquaza to outprioritize most threats in the meta other than Fake Out and Extreme Speed users. The item used is a Life Orb A Life Orb is used to increase the power of Oblivion Wing. As Oblivion Wing restores HP, and counteracts the recoil from Life Orb the Life Orb recoil's influence is drastically reduced. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used to allow Mega Rayquaza to set up more Substitutes if you would prefer to be able to use more Substitutes. Mega Rayquaza is EV'd EVed to have maximum Special Attack and Speed while reducing the effects of Foul Play by having an Attack-reducing nature and minimum Attack IVs. Additionally, no EVs or IVs in Attack as well as an Attack reducing nature minimize the effects of Foul Play. Modest is preferred to maximize Special Attack, but Timid can be used to outspeed other Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza users.

Usage Tips
========

Try to bring in Mega Rayquaza on something it can force out, when the opponent's Pokemon has a disadvantage against Standard Aerilate Mega Rayquaza, Mega Rayquaza's most common set, as the opponent will probably switch in to a check to Aerilate Mega Rayquaza while you use Substitute or Tail Glow. However, if If the opponent still has Pokemon with high priority or a tank that resists Oblivion Wing such as Registeel, Regirock, or Aegislash, try to use Substitute to avoid being hit by one hit attack from the priority user while retaliating back with Oblivion Wing or to get free setup behind the Substitute while the tank switches out, with Mega Rayquaza safely behind a Substitute. Meanwhile, if the opponent does not have any priority or Prankster tank that resists Oblivion Wing left, Why specifically a Prankster tank? Why not just say "tank"? Tail Glow is generally a safe option and can allow which then leads to Mega Rayquaza sweeping to sweep through the opposing team with Oblivion Wing. Also, if you expect a switch-in, use a coverage move that hits the expected switch-in harder than Oblivion Wing. You're giving us some contradicting advice. Should we use a coverage move to hit the switch-in or set up a Substitute? This is especially true in the case of Mega Diancie when Mega Rayquaza has Earth Power, as Mega Diancie will probably switch in and be KOed to die. Finally, due to Substitute blocking Transform and Imposter, Substitute is generally the best choice if the opponent still has an Imposter up. All right, so now we know what you want us to do. These last few sentences zig-zag around what Mega Rayquaza should do while forcing a switch. I'd structure it to say why Substitute is good first, then mention that coverage moves can be used on predicted switches to checks, then mention that Tail Glow can be used if there are no checks left, to finish the game.

Team Options
========

Like As with the previous sets, Chansey is a common switch-in to Mega Rayquaza. Therefore, a powerful Special tank or Unaware user is vital to survive a Chansey's it's attempt to sweep. A Chansey sweep. Well I never. If Earth Power is used and not over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to tank in the a Transformed Chansey's attacks as well as Mega Diancie. This set for Mega Rayquaza does not rely on no hazards on the fields, but still appreciates hazard removal to avoid taking unnecessary amounts of HP just by damage from switching in. Mega Rayquaza still appreciates having hazards on the opponent's side of the field its own hazards, as they prevent Shedinja from switching in. Similar to the earlier sets, Steel-type tanks are useful to take in attacks from Pokemon with the Ability Pixilate or Refrigerate using with Fake Out and Extreme Speed with Pixilate or Refrigerate. Shedinja should still be accounted for, even if Magma Storm is run being used, and can be checked by a Mold Breaker Pursuit user or the aforementioned hazards.
This Mega Rayquaza set is not threatened as much by status, as Substitute blocks most of it, but since it this set tends to stay in for extended periods of time, status removal is useful to keep Mega Rayquaza healthy at healthier HP levels.

========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Physical Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent is another alternative option that does not take up your -ate slot and can OHKO which is good for destroying things with priority Dragon Ascent, possibly landing a free kill on an opposing sweeper which has a higher speed tier but lowery priority tier without taking up your -ate slot.
Another possible option is Contrary Mega Rayquaza, which has the opportunity to surprise destroy common checks and counters responses to Mega Rayquaza with moves like V-Create, Overheat, and Leaf Storm. However, it still struggles against Chansey and Shedinja; with a Choice Scarf, Mega Rayquaza may be able to handle Chanseys but only if predicted correctly.
Mega Rayquaza may also run Mixed Protean sets due to its excellent mixed offenses, and can surprise switch-ins to its Aerilate or Gale Wings sets. well due to the general assumption of it being either Gale Wings or Aerilate, as well as its excellent mixed offenses, allowing Mega Rayquaza able to deal a STAB super effective hit on the switch-in if predicted correctly.
Mega Rayquaza also has several other options for its Aerilate set. One possible switch option is swapping the Attack and Special Attack EVs for more power in Boomburst, although it weakens the power of Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also change its 4th moveslot to Infestation for consistently removing to consistently beat Shedinja, or Precipice Blades, Low Kick, or Thousand Arrows for hitting to hit common switch-ins to Mega Rayquaza super-effectively, although an Imposter counter must be chosen appropriately.
Finally, Mega Rayquaza may run Choice Scarf with Aerilate to have an extremely high speed tier Boomburst. If this is run done so, Trick is an excellent option to cripple switch-ins(Delete and, add period) Pivot moves such as Volt Switch are also excellent choices, as they do not mind the Choice item.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie is a constant significant threat to Mega Rayquaza, as Mega Diancie resists both of Mega Rayquaza's STABs and can threaten Mega Rayquaza it with a super effective Pixilate Extreme Speed, which is Super Effective on Mega Rayquaza.
**Physically Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Physically bulky Soundproof users can tank in the Standard Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extremespeed Speed, while not being affected by Boomburst. and are not affected by Boomburst.
**Registeel / Aegislash**: With resistance to Flying, Steel-type tanks can switch in to any attack and may not even be KOed by coverage moves then requires to be killed through coverage, which may still not be enough. Additionally, sets running Levitate, Flash Fire, and Prankster may counter different variations of the variants of Mega Rayquaza set, so its team should be able to handle them so handling those such sets these should be accounted for when using Mega Rayquaza.
**Shedinja**: Without Infestation, Magma Storm, or something similar, If Mega Rayquaza lacks a way to beat Shedinja, it can consistently switch in to take in Mega Rayquaza's attacks and threaten to use Endeavor or gain momentum by pivoting onto another Pokemon using a pivot move into a Pokemon that checks your switch-in.
**Protean + King's Shield**: Pokemon with Protean and King's Shield can use King's Shield to harshly lower Mega Rayquaza's Attack upon contact and change their typing to Steel while changing type to Steel, which resists Mega Rayquaza's STABs.

Malley

Dominachu
Torterrable / Malley
Delete (DC)= Delete Comma / Remove
Add (AC)=Add Comma
/ Add
Color Commentary / Comment
Cancelled change (Malley)
(AC) = Add Comma, (RC) = Remove Comma, (AH) = Add Hyphen, etc. (Malley)

Mega Rayquaza's is a constant threat in the metagame with excellent mixed offenses, (RC) allowing it to utilize a variety of sets effectively, (AC) (DC) and making it difficult to predict know what it will do. Constant feels a little vague and doesn't really seem to apply. Other words like "omnipresent", "potent", etc. feel like they might work better. That's a subjective judgment, though. Most Mega Rayquaza sets involve high power utilize powerful priority attacks, making it an them Feels a bit awkward, but the "it" referred incorrectly to the plural "sets" excellent revenge killers, (AC) but Mega Rayquaza can also work well as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper. For example, one of the most common Mega Rayquaza sets involves using has the ability Aerilate to use and uses extremely powerful STAB and Aerilate boosted attacks such as Boomburst to deal immense amounts of damage nuke the opponent into oblivion. Don't get me wrong, I love the way you said it, but I'm not sure that's what people want to read on an analysis. Also, this is an example possibly following the sentence before talking about revenge killing with powerful priority, but it doesn't give an example of that powerful priority, like Aerilate Extreme Speed I've added a short clause to the end of the last non-deleted sentence to broadly cover the roles Rayquaza is listed as filling in this analysis. Mega Rayquaza should be considered in for any hyper offense or balanced Say either "any hyper offensive [adjective] or balanced [adjective] team", or "any hyper offence [noun] or balance [noun] team" team due to its extreme versatility and ability to do several roles its role effectively. Not sure what you mean by "versatile" as it seems to have one purpose. Also the "do its role effectively" was a bit vague so I took it out for now. I see the problem you had here, but I think it was mainly because there was not enough information in the overview to justify the statements made about the rest of the analysis. Its effectiveness is important, as versatility is not the only reason to use Mega Rayquaza.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

The high priority of Fake Out and Extreme Speed, (AC) are significant staple They can't be staples if one of them is slashed moves for this set, as their high priority coupled with Extreme Speed's decent power, (AC) allows Mega Rayquaza to almost always hit hard before the opponent moves with little to no chance of attacking after the opponent. Fake Out, which is boosted by Aerilate and also gets a STAB boost, gets effectively free damage from with the 100% flinch chance, which and can be followed up by Extreme Speed to deal a quick blow of good damage to anything that does not resist it. "A quick blow of" is not a good way to describe damage, as far as I know. You might have meant "powerful priority" or "significant" However, due to checks to Mega Rayquaza Mega Rayquaza's checks commonly switching in(remove space)to it Mega Rayquaza, King's Shield may replace Fake Out to scout the opponent's moves and punish Pokemon using contact moves. Not quite sure how the switching in of checks and use of King's Shield to scout connect too well, unless checks are vague and very moveset-depedent I agree that this is a confusing sentence. Even if Rayquaza's checks are usually moveset dependent or Choice locked, the fact that they commonly switch into it is a non-statement. If they are moveset dependent or Choice-locked, that needs to be said. Mega Rayquaza's third move slot is Boomburst, a 140 base power sound-based Normal-type move, which is boosted by STAB after Aerilate and is able to hit through Substitutes, though it is blocked by Soundproof. allowing it to become a STAB attack through Aerilate and able to hit through Substitutes, although it is blocked by Soundproof. Boomburst is an extremely powerful attack which 2HKOes practically anything which that does not resist it and hits through Substitute, although it is blocked by Soundproof. , including tanks, which makes Boomburst making it a good choice to use when Mega Rayquaza outspeeds the opponent. However, (RC) i If Soundproof is a worry, Techno Blast can be used instead, although but Techno Blast has less PP and power and doesn't bypass Substitutes, and has slightly less power. For Mega Rayquaza's final moveslot, King's Shield may be used to prevent revenge killers from KOing OHKOing killing it and scouting to scout the opponent's moveset; however, be wary when using King's Shield, as it does not protect from status moves as King's Shield does not protect against status moves, Mega Rayquaza cannot spam using King's Shield every other turn. I'm not sure why it would want to spam King's Shield, nor why this is particularly relevant to status moves. Alternatively, Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types super effectively while also KOing fainting Sturdy Shedinja on the switch in if switched in. Spore may also be used to send put the opponent a foe "the opponent" is the player, not the Pokemon to sleep. , (AP, RC) giving Mega Rayquaza free turns to deal damage. However, this makes Mega Rayquaza susceptible to Magic Bounce users; Safety Goggles may be used to overcome the this drawback.

Set Details
========

Mega Rayquaza's EVs are maxed out has maximum EVs in Attack and Speed to outspeed or s Speed tie with other Mega Rayquaza and maximum s Speed Mega Diancie while also dealing maximum damage with Fake Out and Extreme Speed. The final 4 EVs are in added to Special Attack to deal slightly more damage with Boomburst. A Hasty Nature allows Mega Rayquaza to retain all of its attacks while granting it the most offensive capability with maximum s Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also alter its EVs to favor SpA Sp. Atk, changing its role from a priority revenge killer into a wallbreaker nuke. Aerilate, which turns Mega Rayquaza's Normal-type moves into boosted Flying-type STAB moves, is the choice chosen ability to allow for for powerful Flying-type priority attacks. Sky Plate can be used to boost all of Mega Rayquaza's STAB attacks without any drawbacks, leading to even more powerful attacks. Safety Goggles is another alternative option to avoid being hit by Spore, which is commonly found on a Prankster Steel-types and would send put Mega Rayquaza to sleep, making it useless for part or all of the rest of the match. Safety Goggles also complements Mega Rayquaza's own Spore, as if Mega Rayquaza uses Spore on a Pokemon with Magic Bounce Magic Bouncer, (RC) the Safety Goggles would prevent Mega Rayquaza from being put to sleep going to sleep.

Usage Tips
========

In most cases, Mega Rayquaza should use Fake Out and Extreme Speed on the opponent if they the foe can outspeed or outprioritize it otherwise. Not sure who the "they" and the last "it" refer to. Does Mega Rayquaza use it on an opponent who might otherwise be able to outspeed/outprioritize? Or does Mega Rayquaza use it if it can outspeed/outprioritize the opponent? The next sentence makes this a little clearer, but it'd be good if you fixed this first sentence. Fixed. In singles there's no need to say "on the opponent", and the opponent is the opposing player anyway - the foe, or the opposing Pokemon, is what Rayquaza is attacking However, if you believe the opponent's Pokemon has King's Shield(DC) or Spiky Shield, or if Mega Rayquaza simply outspeeds it them, Boomburst is probably the best option as it is the most powerful attack. However, if you know the opponent's Pokemon has King's Shield and Mega Rayquaza has have Spore, Spore is an option to bypass King's Shield and put the opponent to sleep while sending the opponent to sleep. To bring in Mega Rayquaza, Try to use pivot moves such as U-Turn U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot to bring in Mega Rayquaza safely, as it Mega Rayquaza is relatively frail and does not appreciate taking unnecessary damage would will take unnecessarily large amounts of damage from blind switches. If you believe the opponent is going to switch into a Pokemon which walls all of your STAB attacks, go for your 4th moveslot if it is a coverage move, as it will allow Mega Rayquaza to deal super effective damage onto the switch-in. If Mega Rayquaza has Spore, Not sure what the last sentence fragment was meant to be, but the entire sentence before that seems unusual. Even if the last slot is the only recommended coverage move Magma Storm (so you can probably just say that instead of "4th moveslot if it is a coverage move"), you can't always deal effective damage to a switch in, especially if the switch in is, say, Rock-type. Reword this a bit more clearly, please. This last sentence is just telling the reader to predict, which adds little to the analysis. I've removed it. I'm not fully sure about the rest of the paragraph either - Usage Tips should be stuff like "Take advantage of Mega Rayquaza's strong priority moves to finish off weakened foes", "Use Boomburst to wallbreak against slower teams", and the sentence you have here about bringing it in on free switches. You don't need to explain exactly what each move does. I've left most of the paragraph, but if you want to rewrite it a bit then you should focus on the more general roles Rayquaza can be used in.

Team Options
========

As Mega Rayquaza is especially weak to other common Fake Out and Extreme Speed users hitters, (RC) such as Kyurem-Black and Mega Diancie, a Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash which that resists both of the aforementioned Pokemon's Pokemons' pokes' Plural of "Pokemon" is "Pokemon" STAB moves is a vital teammate to preserve Mega Rayquaza. Not sure "preserve" is the right move here. "take hits for", maybe? I think the reason it's vital is pretty much implicit The tank used to wall other Fake Out and Extreme Speed users should also be able to wall Mega Rayquaza itself as a These two Steel-types can also counter to Pokemon with Imposter that have transformed into Mega Rayquaza I assume the idea is that Registeel and Aegislash fill this role. If not, do not link these two sentences, and have a separate bit about countering Imposter users. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, (AC) Shedinja, another common threat in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, also needs to be accounted for, (RC) as Mega Rayquaza cannot break Shedinja unless it has Magma Storm, which is rather unreliable. The most common and e Effective ways to deal with it are hazard support and Pokemon with Mold Breaker and Pursuit. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support status healing, as its weakness to rocks Stealth Rock makes it lose 1/4 of its HP upon switch-in and also gets it is also crippled by burns, making which makes its priority attacks near useless. While I think this sentence works, I think the ideas would work better if separated into one sentence about hazard removal and one sentence about cleric support Agree, but it doesn't matter too much However, Mega Rayquaza can take use of also appreciates hazard setters itself, as Mega Rayquaza it usually forces a lot of switches , allowing it to slowly chip away the opponent. If Mega Rayquaza is not running Magma Storm, Shedinja is another viable option to tank in Chansey's attacks, as well as other threats such as most Mega Diancie sets. This is really confusing on first reading. I assume it means Imposter Chansey. In which case, move it to after the first bit about checking Imposter users, and rephrase it slightly. Something like "Shedinja also counters Imposter users well if Mega Rayquaza is not running Magma Storm, as well as taking on most Mega Diancie sets". A Pokemon that can remove destroy Steel-types is also necessary to eliminate for eliminating one some of Mega Rayquaza's most common checks. Finally, Mega Rayquaza appreciates a Pokemon that can phaze, which allows allowing Mega Rayquaza to switch in on something to a poke it can handle and landing land a super-effective hit on their switch-in. I don't quite understand. So a phazing teammate forces the opponent to switch to a Pokemon that Mega Rayquaza can then switch in on. Mega-Rayquaza then lands a super effective hit on their next switch-in? Or the one they were just forced into? Also, Mega Rayquaza isn't guaranteed a super effective hit with Mono Flying or even Flying/Fire coverage. Please clarify. Am also confused. This seems very situational. I could see the relevance if phazing is meant to weaken foes so that Rayquaza can pick them off with Extreme Speed, but otherwise I would remove this sentence. Unless there's something we've both missed.

========

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Oblivion Wing is a decently strong Flying-type move that heals recovers Mega Rayquaza's HP, allowing Mega Rayquaza to run a Life Orb to compensate for the loss of power From what? compared to Boomburst. (AC) I assume this is what you're going for and also allowing It also allows Responding to Torterrable's comment below about this sentence being too long, with which I agree Mega Rayquaza to effectively use be able to set up Substitute, (RC) It can set up Substitute whether it runs Oblivion Wing or not which to blocks incoming status, (RC) and attempted use of Imposter, as and allows Mega Rayquaza from taking to take a hit and then retaliating retaliate with Oblivion Wing; This is very unclear. I think the idea here is that having a Substitute up allows Rayquaza to live any one hit, but that's not entirely necessary to say and it clutters up the sentence a lot. Perhaps say "and also take advantages of switches" after the "Oblivion Wing" below the HP lost from using Substitute can be regained through Oblivion Wing. This is pretty long for a first sentence, even one with a semicolon. I would recommend summarizing Oblivion Wing allowing it to heal off Life Orb damage and helping it regain health behind a Substitute in one sentence, then discussing the benefits of a Substitute in the second. Tail Glow boosts Mega Rayquaza's Special Attack to drastic quantities levels, making Mega Rayquaza capable of taking allowing Mega Rayquaza it to take down even some Pokemon that which resist its attacks; with a Substitute and a single Tail Glow, Mega Rayquaza can OHKO Mega Diancie Diancie-Mega without fear of being knocked out by Extreme Speed or Fake Out retaliation If Rayquaza can outspeed and OHKO Diancie, retaliation is not an issue regardless of the Substitute , which can either use Fake Out or Extreme Speed and break the Substitute and then die or use Boomburst, in which Mega Diancie is outprioritized due to Gale Wings. Great that you know so much about the metagame, but this sentence was too detailed on what counters Mega Rayquaza rather than what this Mega Rayquaza set can do Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types, (RC) which that resist Oblivion Wing Not every Steel-type resists Oblivion Wing. Magma Storm can also KOes Note that this "es" has been struck through kills Shedinja if Magma Storm it hits(Remove semicolon and replace with period) Alternatively, Earth Power can be used to hit Steel- and Rock-(remove space)types, both of which resist Oblivion Wing. However, Mega Rayquaza is unable to hit Shedinja with Earth Power and therefore requires the team to have another way of beating it to have either Shedinja eliminated first or hazards on the opponent's side of the field.

Set Details
========

Mega Rayquaza's ability is Gale Wings, (RC) which gives all of Mega Rayquaza's Flying-type moves +1 priority, allowing Mega Rayquaza it to outprioritize most threats in the meta other than Fake Out and Extreme Speed users. The item used is a Life Orb A Life Orb is used to increase the power of Oblivion Wing. As Oblivion Wing restores HP, and counteracts the recoil from Life Orb the Life Orb recoil's influence is drastically reduced. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used to allow Mega Rayquaza to set up more Substitutes if you would prefer to be able to use more Substitutes. Mega Rayquaza is EV'd EVed to have m Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment allows Mega Rayquaza to hit as hard and as fast as possible. while reducing the effects of Foul Play by having an Attack-reducing nature and minimum Attack IVs. Additionally, n No EVs or IVs in Attack as well as an Attack-(AH)reducing nature minimize the effects of Foul Play. Modest is preferred to maximize Special Attack, but Timid can be used to outspeed other Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza users.

Usage Tips
========

Try to bring in Mega Rayquaza on something it can force out, (RC) when the opponent's Pokemon has a disadvantage against Standard Aerilate Mega Rayquaza, Mega Rayquaza's most common set, as the opponent will probably switch in to a check to Aerilate Mega Rayquaza while you use in order to set up Substitute or Tail Glow. Be wary setting up when the opponent still has a Pokemon with high priority or a tank that resist Oblivion Wing, as these can often force Mega Rayquaza out. However, if If the opponent still has Pokemon with high priority or a tank that resists Oblivion Wing such as Registeel, Regirock, or Aegislash, try to use Substitute to avoid being hit by one hit attack from the priority user while retaliating back with Oblivion Wing or to get free setup behind the Substitute while the tank switches out, with Mega Rayquaza safely behind a Substitute. Meanwhile, if the opponent does not have any priority or Prankster tank that resists Oblivion Wing left, Why specifically a Prankster tank? Why not just say "tank"? Tail Glow is generally a safe option and can allow which then leads to Mega Rayquaza sweeping to sweep through the opposing team with Oblivion Wing This is too specific. You can't tell someone what the exact circumstances of their Mega Rayquaza sweep will be. What about Focus Sash users, or special walls, or Pokemon with Multiscale? Usage Tips should not be written like ghosting, in which the actual course of the battle is described in depth; it should tell the user what to think about when using the Pokemon Only attempt to sweep when anything that can check Mega Rayquaza at +3 SpA has been removed. Also, if you expect a switch-in, use a coverage move that hits the expected switch-in harder than Oblivion Wing. You're giving us some contradicting advice. Should we use a coverage move to hit the switch-in or set up a Substitute? This is especially true in the case of Mega Diancie when Mega Rayquaza has Earth Power, as Mega Diancie will probably switch in and be KOed to die Do not tell the reader how to predict. . Finally, due to Substitute blocking Transform and Imposter, Substitute is generally the best choice if the opponent still has an Imposter up. All right, so now we know what you want us to do. These last few sentences zig-zag around what Mega Rayquaza should do while forcing a switch. I'd structure it to say why Substitute is good first, then mention that coverage moves can be used on predicted switches to checks, then mention that Tail Glow can be used if there are no checks left, to finish the game. Yeah, move this last sentence further up in the paragraph. Probably after "Be wary setting up...", as this is where the caveats go.

Team Options
========

Like As with the previous sets, Imposter Chansey is a common switch-in to Mega Rayquaza. Therefore, a powerful S special tank or Unaware user is vital to prevent it from sweeping survive a Chansey's it's attempt to sweep. A Chansey sweep. Well I never. If Earth Power is used and not over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on tank in the a Transformed Chansey, (AC) 's attacks as well as beating Mega Diancie. This set for Mega Rayquaza does not rely on no hazards on the fields, but still appreciates hazard removal to avoid taking unnecessary amounts of HP just by damage from switching in. Mega Rayquaza still also appreciates having hazards on the opponent's side of the field its own hazards, as they prevent Shedinja from switching in. Similar to the earlier sets, (RC) Steel-type tanks are useful to take in attacks from Pokemon with the Ability abilities Pixilate or and Refrigerate using with Fake Out and Extreme Speed with Pixilate or Refrigerate. Shedinja should still be accounted for, even if Magma Storm is run being used, and can be checked by a Mold Breaker Pursuit user or the aforementioned hazards. (remove line break)This Mega Rayquaza set is not threatened as much by status, as Substitute blocks most of it, but since because it this set tends to stay in for extended periods of time, (RC) status removal is useful to keep Mega Rayquaza healthy at healthier HP levels.

========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Remove indentation and line breaks

Physical Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent is another alternative option that does not take up your -ate slot and can still do massive damage with a priority STAB move. OHKO which is good for destroying things with priority Dragon Ascent, possibly landing a free kill on an opposing sweeper which has a higher speed tier but lowery priority tier without taking up your -ate slot This is just too specific again. Another possible option is Contrary Mega Rayquaza, which has the opportunity to surprise its destroy common checks and counters responses to Mega Rayquaza with moves like V-Create, Overheat, and Leaf Storm. However, it still struggles against Chansey and Shedinja; with a Choice Scarf, Mega Rayquaza may be able to handle Chanseys but only if predicted correctly. Mega Rayquaza may can also run Mixed mixed Protean sets due to its excellent mixed offenses, and can surprise switch-ins to its Aerilate or Gale Wings sets. well due to the general assumption of it being either Gale Wings or Aerilate, as well as its excellent mixed offenses, allowing Mega Rayquaza able to deal a STAB super effective hit on the switch-in if predicted correctly. Mega Rayquaza also has several other options for its Aerilate set. One possible switch option is swapping the Attack and Special Attack EVs for more power in Boomburst, although it this weakens the power of Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also change its 4th fourth moveslot to Infestation for consistently removing to consistently beat Shedinja, or Precipice Blades, Low Kick, or Thousand Arrows for hitting to hit common switch-ins to Mega Rayquaza super-(RH) effectively, although an Imposter counter must be chosen appropriately. Finally, Mega Rayquaza may run Choice Scarf with Aerilate to have an extremely high s Speed tier Boomburst. If this is run done so, Trick is an excellent option to cripple switch-ins(Delete and, add period) Pivot moves such as Volt Switch are also excellent choices, as they do not mind the Choice item.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie is a constant significant threat to Mega Rayquaza, as Mega Diancie resists both of Mega Rayquaza's STAB moves s and can threaten Mega Rayquaza it with a super effective Pixilate Extreme Speed. (AP) , which is Super Effective on Mega Rayquaza.
**Physically Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Physically bulky Soundproof users can tank in the Standard Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extremespeed Speed, while not being affected by Boomburst. and are not affected by Boomburst.
**Registeel / and Aegislash**: With a resistance to Flying, Steel-type tanks can switch in(remove space)to any attack and may not even be KOed by coverage moves then requires to be killed through coverage, which may still not be enough. Additionally, sets running Levitate, Flash Fire, and Prankster may counter any one different variations of the variant s of Mega Rayquaza set. , (AP, RC) so its team should be able to handle them so handling those such sets these should be accounted for when using Mega Rayquaza.
**Shedinja**: Without Infestation, Magma Storm, or something similar, If Mega Rayquaza lacks a way to beat Shedinja, it Shedinja can consistently switch in to take in Mega Rayquaza's attacks and threaten to use Endeavor or gain momentum by pivoting onto into another Pokemon using a pivot move into a Pokemon that checks your switch-in.
**Protean + King's Shield**: Pokemon with Protean and King's Shield can use King's Shield to harshly lower Mega Rayquaza's Attack upon contact and change their typing to Steel while changing type to Steel, which resists Mega Rayquaza's STAB moves s.

GP 1/2, stamping Torterrable's check. I'll make a copy-and-paste for you to implement, omnisc, as with double checks there's too much room for confusion.

Torterrable - I'm really impressed with this check. You general grammar is very good, as is your adherence to the GP standards, and you've found a good balance between keeping the writer's style and ensuring readability. Keep up the good work.

Copy-and-paste incoming. Both of you read through the full check though, especially omnisc so you can tell me what you want to do about some of the iffy bits I've commented on.

Mega Rayquaza's excellent mixed offenses allow it to utilize a variety of sets effectively, making it difficult to predict. Most Mega Rayquaza sets utilize powerful priority attacks, making them excellent revenge killers, but Mega Rayquaza can also work well as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper. Mega Rayquaza should be considered for any hyper offense or balance team due to its versatility and ability to do several roles effectively.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

The high priority of Fake Out and Extreme Speed, coupled with Extreme Speed's decent power, allows Mega Rayquaza to almost always hit hard before the opponent moves. Fake Out, which is boosted by Aerilate and STAB, gets free damage with the 100% flinch chance, and can be followed up by Extreme Speed to deal good damage to anything that does not resist it. However, King's Shield may replace Fake Out to scout the opponent's moves and punish Pokemon using contact moves. Mega Rayquaza's third move slot is Boomburst, which 2HKOes practically anything that does not resist it and hits through Substitute, although it is blocked by Soundproof. If Soundproof is a worry, Techno Blast can be used instead, but Techno Blast has less PP and power and doesn't bypass Substitutes. For Mega Rayquaza's final moveslot, King's Shield may be used to prevent revenge killers from KOing it and to scout the opponent's moveset; however, be wary when using King's Shield, as it does not protect from status moves. Alternatively, Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types super effectively while also KOing Sturdy Shedinja on the switch. Spore may also be used to put a foe to sleep. However, this makes Mega Rayquaza susceptible to Magic Bounce users; Safety Goggles may be used to overcome this drawback.

Set Details
========

Mega Rayquaza has maximum EVs in Attack and Speed to outspeed or Speed tie with other Mega Rayquaza and maximum Speed Mega Diancie while also dealing maximum damage with Fake Out and Extreme Speed. The final 4 EVs are in Special Attack to deal slightly more damage with Boomburst. A Hasty Nature allows Mega Rayquaza the most offensive capability with maximum Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also alter its EVs to favor SpA, changing its role from a priority revenge killer into a wallbreaker. Aerilate, which turns Mega Rayquaza's Normal-type moves into boosted Flying-type STAB moves, is the chosen ability to allow for for powerful Flying-type priority attacks. Sky Plate can be used to boost all of Mega Rayquaza's STAB attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another option to avoid being hit by Spore, which is commonly found on a Prankster Steel-types. Safety Goggles also complements Mega Rayquaza's own Spore, as if Mega Rayquaza uses Spore on a Pokemon with Magic Bounce the Safety Goggles prevent Mega Rayquaza from being put to sleep.

Usage Tips
========

In most cases, Mega Rayquaza should use Fake Out and Extreme Speed if the foe can outspeed or outprioritize it otherwise. However, if you believe the opponent's Pokemon has King's Shield or Spiky Shield, or if Mega Rayquaza simply outspeeds it, Boomburst is the best option. However, if you know the opponent's Pokemon has King's Shield and Mega Rayquaza has Spore, Spore is an option to bypass King's Shield and put the opponent to sleep. Try to use moves such as U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot to bring in Mega Rayquaza safely, as it is relatively frail and does not appreciate taking unnecessary damage.

Team Options
========

As Mega Rayquaza is weak to other common Fake Out and Extreme Speed users such as Kyurem-B and Mega Diancie, a Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash that resists both of the aforementioned Pokemon's STAB moves is a vital teammate. These two Steel-types can also counter to Pokemon with Imposter that have transformed into Mega Rayquaza. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, as Mega Rayquaza cannot break Shedinja unless it has Magma Storm, which is unreliable. Effective ways to deal with it are hazard support and Pokemon with Mold Breaker and Pursuit. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support, as its weakness to Stealth Rock makes it lose 1/4 of its HP upon switch-in and it is also crippled by burns, which makes its priority attacks near useless. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard setters, as it usually forces a lot of switches. A Pokemon that can remove Steel-types is also necessary to eliminate some of Mega Rayquaza's most common checks.

========

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Oblivion Wing is a strong Flying-type move that recovers Mega Rayquaza's HP, allowing Mega Rayquaza to run a Life Orb to compensate for the loss of power compared to Boomburst. It also allows Mega Rayquaza to effectively use Substitute to block incoming status and attempted use of Imposter, as the HP lost from using Substitute can be regained through Oblivion Wing. Tail Glow boosts Mega Rayquaza's Special Attack to drastic levels, allowing it to take down even some Pokemon that resist its attacks; with a Substitute and a single Tail Glow, Mega Rayquaza can OHKO Mega Diancie without fear of being knocked out by Extreme Speed or Fake Out. Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types that resist Oblivion Wing. Magma Storm can also KO Shedinja. Alternatively, Earth Power can be used to hit Steel- and Rock-types, both of which resist Oblivion Wing. However, Mega Rayquaza is unable to hit Shedinja with Earth Power and therefore requires the team to have another way of beating it.

Set Details
========

Gale Wings gives all of Mega Rayquaza's Flying-type moves +1 priority, allowing it to outprioritize most threats other than Fake Out and Extreme Speed users. Life Orb is used to increase the power of Oblivion Wing. Oblivion Wing restores HP, and counteracts the recoil from Life Orb. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used to allow Mega Rayquaza to set up more Substitutes. Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment allows Mega Rayquaza to hit as hard and as fast as possible. No EVs or IVs in Attack as well as an Attack-reducing nature minimize the effects of Foul Play. Modest is preferred to maximize Special Attack, but Timid can be used to outspeed other Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza.

Usage Tips
========

Try to bring in Mega Rayquaza on something it can force out in order to set up Substitute or Tail Glow. Be wary setting up when the opponent still has a Pokemon with high priority or a tank that resist Oblivion Wing, as these can often force Mega Rayquaza out. Due to Substitute blocking Transform and Imposter, Substitute is generally the best choice if the opponent still has an Imposter in the back. Only attempt to sweep when anything that can check Mega Rayquaza at +3 SpA has been removed.

Team Options
========

As with the previous set, Imposter Chansey is a common switch-in to Mega Rayquaza. Therefore, a powerful special tank or Unaware user is vital to prevent it from sweeping. If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey, as well as beating Mega Diancie. This set appreciates hazard removal to avoid taking unnecessary amounts of damage from switching in. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates having hazards on the opponent's side of the field, as they prevent Shedinja from switching in. Steel-type tanks are useful to take attacks from Pokemon with the abilities Pixilate and Refrigerate using Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Shedinja should still be accounted for, even if Magma Storm is run, and can be checked by a Mold Breaker Pursuit user or the aforementioned hazards. This Mega Rayquaza set is not threatened as much by status, as Substitute blocks most of it, but because it tends to stay in for extended periods of time status removal is useful to keep Mega Rayquaza healthy.

========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Physical Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent is another option that does not take up your -ate slot and can still do massive damage with a priority STAB move. Another possible option is Contrary Mega Rayquaza, which has the opportunity to surprise its common checks and counters with moves like V-Create, Overheat, and Leaf Storm. However, it still struggles against Chansey and Shedinja; with a Choice Scarf, Mega Rayquaza may be able to handle Chansey but only if predicted correctly. Mega Rayquaza can also run mixed Protean sets due to its excellent mixed offenses, and can surprise switch-ins to its Aerilate or Gale Wings sets. Mega Rayquaza also has several other options for its Aerilate set. One possible option is swapping the Attack and Special Attack EVs for more power in Boomburst, although this weakens the power of Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also change its fourth moveslot to Infestation to consistently beat Shedinja, or Precipice Blades, Low Kick, or Thousand Arrows to hit common switch-ins to Mega Rayquaza super effectively, although an Imposter counter must be chosen appropriately. Finally, Mega Rayquaza may run Choice Scarf with Aerilate to have an extremely high Speed tier Boomburst. If this is run, Trick is an excellent option to cripple switch-ins. Pivot moves such as Volt Switch are also excellent choices, as they do not mind the Choice item.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie is a significant threat to Mega Rayquaza, as Mega Diancie resists both of Mega Rayquaza's STAB moves and can threaten it with a super effective Pixilate Extreme Speed.
**Physically Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Physically bulky Soundproof users can tank Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extreme Speed, and are not affected by Boomburst.
**Registeel and Aegislash**: With a resistance to Flying, Steel-type tanks can switch into any attack and may not even be KOed by coverage moves. Additionally, sets running Levitate, Flash Fire, and Prankster may counter any one variant of Mega Rayquaza.
**Shedinja**: If Mega Rayquaza lacks a way to beat Shedinja, Shedinja can consistently switch in to take in Mega Rayquaza's attacks and threaten to use Endeavor or gain momentum by pivoting into another Pokemon.
**Protean + King's Shield**: Pokemon with Protean and King's Shield can use King's Shield to harshly lower Mega Rayquaza's Attack upon contact and change their typing to Steel, which resists Mega Rayquaza's STAB moves.

Last edited:
Torterrable / Malley
Copy-and-paste incoming. Both of you read through the full check though, especially omnisc so you can tell me what you want to do about some of the iffy bits I've commented on.
edited the first set's usage tips, rest is okay. could you possibly check to make sure that its okay?

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize / Fix)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
[OVERVIEW]
Mega Rayquaza's excellent mixed offenses allow it to utilize a variety of sets effectively, making it difficult to predict. Most Mega Rayquaza sets utilize powerful priority attacks, making them excellent revenge killers, but Mega Rayquaza can also work well as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper. Mega Rayquaza should be considered for any hyper offensive or balanced team due to its versatility and ability to do perform several roles effectively.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

The high priority of Fake Out and Extreme Speed, coupled with Extreme Speed's decent power, allows Mega Rayquaza to almost always hit hard before the opponent moves. Fake Out, which is boosted by Aerilate and STAB, gets free damage with due to the 100% flinch chance (RC) and can be followed up by Extreme Speed to deal good damage to anything that does not resist it. However, King's Shield may can replace Fake Out to scout the opponent's moves and punish Pokemon using contact moves. Mega Rayquaza's third move slot is Boomburst, which 2HKOes practically anything that does not resist it and hits through Substitute, although it is blocked by Soundproof. If Soundproof is a worry, Techno Blast can be used instead, but Techno Blast has less fewer PP and less power and doesn't bypass Substitutes. For Mega Rayquaza's final moveslot, King's Shield may be used to prevent revenge killers from KOing it and to scout the opponent's moveset; however, be wary when using King's Shield, as it does not protect from status moves. Alternatively, Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types super effectively while also KOing Sturdy Shedinja on the switch. Spore may can also be used to put a foe to sleep. However, this makes Mega Rayquaza susceptible to Magic Bounce users; Safety Goggles may be used to overcome this drawback. (this order doesn't really reflect the slashing)

Set Details
========

Mega Rayquaza has maximum EVs in Attack and Speed to outspeed or Speed tie with other Mega Rayquaza and maximum Speed Mega Diancie while also dealing maximum damage with Fake Out and Extreme Speed. The final 4 EVs are invested into Special Attack to deal slightly more damage with Boomburst. A Hasty Nature allows Mega Rayquaza the most offensive capability with maximum Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also alter its EVs to favor SpA Special Attack, changing its role from a priority-using revenge killer into a wallbreaker. Aerilate, which turns Mega Rayquaza's Normal-type moves into boosted Flying-type STAB moves, is the chosen ability to allow for for provide powerful Flying-type priority attacks. Sky Plate can be used to boost all of Mega Rayquaza's STAB attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another option to avoid being hit by Spore, which is commonly found on a Prankster Steel-types. Safety Goggles also complements Mega Rayquaza's own Spore, as if Mega Rayquaza uses Spore on a Pokemon with Magic Bounce the Safety Goggles prevent it prevents Mega Rayquaza from being put to sleep if it uses Spore on a Pokemon with Magic Bounce.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Rayquaza should use Fake Out and Extreme Speed if the foe can outspeed or outprioritize it otherwise, while Boomburst is the preferred option for wallbreaking against slower teams. However, due to the abundance of King's Shield in the metagame, Boomburst may can be used over Fake Out or Extreme Speed if the foe is suspected to have King's Shield. Bringing in Mega Rayquaza safely with moves such as U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, and Parting Shot is useful for keeping preserving Mega Rayquaza's longevity, as it is relatively frail and does not appreciate taking unnecessary damage.

Team Options
========

As Mega Rayquaza is weak to other common Fake Out and Extreme Speed users such as Kyurem-B and Mega Diancie, a Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash that resists both of the aforementioned these Pokemon's STAB moves is a vital teammate. These two Steel-types can also counter to Pokemon with Imposter that have transformed into Mega Rayquaza. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, as Mega Rayquaza cannot break Shedinja unless it has Magma Storm, which is unreliable. Effective ways to deal with it are entry hazard support and Pokemon with the combination of Mold Breaker and Pursuit. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support, as its weakness is weak to Stealth Rock makes it lose 1/4 of its HP upon switch-in and it is also crippled by burns, which makes its priority attacks nearly useless. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard setters, as it usually forces a lot of switches. A Pokemon that can remove Steel-types is also necessary to eliminate some of Mega Rayquaza's most common checks.
========

[SET]
ivs: null Atk (standard on anything without physical moves)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Oblivion Wing is a strong Flying-type move that recovers Mega Rayquaza's HP, allowing Mega Rayquaza to run a Life Orb to compensate for the loss of power compared to Boomburst. It also allows Mega Rayquaza to effectively use Substitute to block incoming status and attempted use of Imposter, as the HP lost from using Substitute can be regained through Oblivion Wing. Tail Glow boosts Mega Rayquaza's Special Attack to drastic dramatic levels, allowing it to take down even some Pokemon that resist its attacks; with a Substitute and a single Tail Glow, Mega Rayquaza can OHKO Mega Diancie without fear of being knocked out by Extreme Speed or Fake Out. Magma Storm can be used to hit Steel-types that resist Oblivion Wing. Magma Storm can also KO Shedinja. Alternatively, Earth Power can be used to hit Steel- and Rock-types, both of which resist Oblivion Wing. However, Mega Rayquaza is unable to hit Shedinja with Earth Power and therefore requires the team to have another way of beating it.

Set Details
========

Gale Wings gives all of Mega Rayquaza's Flying-type moves +1 priority, allowing it to outprioritize most threats other than Fake Out and Extreme Speed users. Life Orb is used to increase the power of Oblivion Wing. Oblivion Wing restores HP (RC) and counteracts the recoil from Life Orb. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used to allow Mega Rayquaza to set up more Substitutes. Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment allows Mega Rayquaza to hit as hard and as fast as possible. No EVs or IVs in Attack as well as an Attack-reducing nature minimize the effects of Foul Play. (standard) Modest is preferred to maximize Special Attack, but Timid can be used to outspeed other Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza.

Usage Tips
========

Try to bring in Mega Rayquaza on something it can force out in order to set up Substitute or Tail Glow. Be wary setting up when the opponent still has a Pokemon with higher-priority (add hyphen) moves or a tank that resist Oblivion Wing, as these can often force Mega Rayquaza out. Due to Substitute blocking Transform and Imposter, Substitute is generally the best choice if the opponent still has an Imposter in the back. Only attempt to sweep when anything that can check Mega Rayquaza at +3 SpA Special Attack has been removed.

Team Options
========

As with the previous set, (no cross-set referencing) Imposter Chansey is a common switch-in to Mega Rayquaza. Therefore, a powerful special tank or Unaware user is vital to prevent it from sweeping. If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey (RC) as well as beating beat Mega Diancie. This set appreciates entry hazard removal to avoid taking unnecessary amounts of damage from switching in. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates having hazards on the opponent's side of the field, as they prevent Shedinja from switching in. Steel-type tanks are useful to take attacks from Pokemon with the abilities Pixilate and Refrigerate using Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Shedinja should still be accounted for, even if Magma Storm is run, and can be checked by a Mold Breaker Pursuit user or the aforementioned hazards. This Mega Rayquaza set is not threatened as much by status, as Substitute blocks most of it, but because it tends to stay in for extended periods of time, (AC) status removal is useful to keep Mega Rayquaza healthy.

========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Physical Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent is another option that does not take up your -ate slot and can still do massive damage with a priority STAB move. Another possible option is Contrary Mega Rayquaza, which has the opportunity to surprise its common checks and counters with moves like V-Create, Overheat, and Leaf Storm. However, it still struggles against Chansey and Shedinja; with a Choice Scarf, Mega Rayquaza may be able to handle Chansey but only if predicted correctly. Mega Rayquaza can also run mixed Protean sets due to its excellent mixed offenses, and can in order to surprise switch-ins to its Aerilate or Gale Wings sets. Mega Rayquaza also has several other options for its Aerilate set. One possible option is swapping the Attack and Special Attack EVs for more power in Boomburst, although this weakens the power of Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Mega Rayquaza may also change its fourth moveslot to Infestation, (AC) to consistently beat Shedinja, or to Precipice Blades, Low Kick, or Thousand Arrows to hit common switch-ins to Mega Rayquaza super effectively, although an Imposter counter must be chosen appropriately. Finally, Mega Rayquaza may run Choice Scarf with Aerilate to have an extremely high Speed tier fast Boomburst. If this is run, Trick is an excellent option to cripple switch-ins. Pivot moves such as Volt Switch are also excellent choices, as they do Mega Rayquaza does not mind the Choice item when using those.

Checks and Counters
===================

(space)
**Physically Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Physically bulky Soundproof users can tank Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extreme Speed (RC) and are not affected by Boomburst.
(space)
(space)
(space)
**Protean + King's Shield**: Pokemon with Protean and King's Shield can use King's Shield to harshly lower Mega Rayquaza's Attack upon contact and change their typing to Steel, which resists Mega Rayquaza's STAB moves types. (or changes "which resists" to "making them resist")

GP 2/2

Last edited:
some questions about the grammar, or is it just proper for GP? (questions about grammar italicised in quote, underlined outside)
Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support, as its weakness is weak to Stealth Rock makes it lose 1/4 of its HP upon switch-in and it is also crippled by burns, which makes its priority attacks nearly useless.
maybe as it's weak? "Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support, as is weak to Stealth Rock and is crippled by burns"

Be wary setting up when the opponent still has a Pokemon with higher-priority (add hyphen) moves or a tank that resist Oblivion Wing, as these can often force Mega Rayquaza out.
this just doesn't seem to be right grammar, correct me if I'm wrong."Be wary setting up when the opponent still has a Pokemon with higher-priority; moves or a tank that resist Oblivion Wing"

If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey (RC) as well as beating beat Mega Diancie.
possibly you meant to beat? "If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey as well as beat Mega Diancie"

Mega Rayquaza may also change its fourth moveslot to Infestation, (AC) to consistently beat Shedinja, or to Precipice Blades, Low Kick, or Thousand Arrows to hit common switch-ins to Mega Rayquaza super effectively, although an Imposter counter must be chosen appropriately.
maybe a semicolon rather than a comma after "Shedinja"? otherwise, it seems like the phrase "to consistently beat shedinja" is part of the list, as well as "or to Precipice Blades". personal opinion, correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks for checking!

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
some questions about the grammar, or is it just proper for GP? (questions about grammar italicised in quote, underlined outside)

maybe as it's weak? "Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support, as is weak to Stealth Rock and is crippled by burns"
yup, should be "as it's", I typoed there

this just doesn't seem to be right grammar, correct me if I'm wrong."Be wary setting up when the opponent still has a Pokemon with higher-priority; moves or a tank that resist Oblivion Wing"
That's not a hyphen, that's a semicolon ( ; ). A hyphen is ( - ), which I already added in the check :> remove the semicolon and it should be fine

possibly you meant to beat? "If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey as well as beat Mega Diancie"
that works too and sounds better yeah, so go ahead

maybe a semicolon rather than a comma after "Shedinja"? otherwise, it seems like the phrase "to consistently beat shedinja" is part of the list, as well as "or to Precipice Blades". personal opinion, correct me if I'm wrong.
The problem was the comma after that phrase and the lack of a comma before it; the phrase either should be framed between commas or shouldn't take any commas at all, because as it stands you were breaking a two-item list apart using a comma, and that doesn't fly. You would say "I like bacon, and eggs" either, and this is essentially the same thing. Commas around the phrase are fine though because then it becomes a parenthesis, like "I heard Genesis's Driving the Last Spike, one of my favourite songs of theirs, on the radio last night." I thought it'd become unreadable when removing the comma, so I added one in front of it. Otherwise, the commas in serial lists can be changed to semicolons for readability, yeah, and I would have done so in a heartbeat had this been a three-item list, but because this is a two-item list, the comma that could have been changed to a semicolon isn't allowed in the first place, if you're still following

However, I could also shuffle the sentence around a bit to
Mega Rayquaza may also change its fourth moveslot to Infestation or to Precipice Blades, Low Kick, or Thousand Arrows, in order to consistently beat Shedinja or hit common switch-ins to Mega Rayquaza super effectively, respectively; however, an Imposter counter must be chosen appropriately.
which seems to work better anyway.

EV

Banned deucer.
[OVERVIEW]
Mega Rayquaza's excellent mixed offenses allow it to utilize a variety of sets effectively, making it difficult to predict. Most Mega Rayquaza sets utilize powerful priority attacks, making them excellent revenge killers, but Mega Rayquaza can also work well as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper. Mega Rayquaza should be considered for any hyper offensive or balanced team due to its versatility and ability to perform several roles effectively.
For such a defining threat in BH, this is extremely light. There's hardly any specific qualities mentioned. I see nothing related to its type or common abilities. I see nothing that touches on weaknesses and limitations. You're trying to sell me on Mega Ray here, so convince me to keep reading.

Team Options
========

As Mega Rayquaza is weak to other common Fake Out and Extreme Speed users such as Kyurem-B and Mega Diancie, a Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash that resists both of these Pokemon's STAB moves is a vital teammate. These two Steel-types can also counter to Pokemon with Imposter that have transformed into Mega Rayquaza. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, as Mega Rayquaza cannot break Shedinja unless it has Magma Storm, which is unreliable. Effective ways to deal with it are entry hazard support and Pokemon with a combination of Mold Breaker and Pursuit. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support, as it's weak to Stealth Rock and is crippled by burns, which makes its priority attacks nearly useless. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard setters, as it usually forces a lot of switches. A Pokemon that can remove Steel-types is also necessary to eliminate some of Mega Rayquaza's most common checks.
Team Options
========

Imposter Chansey is a common switch-in to Mega Rayquaza. Therefore, a powerful special tank or Unaware user is vital to prevent it from sweeping. If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey as well as to beat Mega Diancie. This set appreciates entry hazard removal to avoid taking unnecessary amounts of damage from switching in. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates having hazards on the opponent's side of the field, as they prevent Shedinja from switching in. Steel-type tanks are useful to take attacks from Pokemon with the abilities Pixilate and Refrigerate using Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Shedinja should still be accounted for, even if Magma Storm is run, and can be checked by a Mold Breaker Pursuit user or the aforementioned hazards. This Mega Rayquaza set is not threatened as much by status, as Substitute blocks most of it, but because it tends to stay in for extended periods of time, status removal is useful to keep Mega Rayquaza healthy.
I want specific examples for the bolded roles above.

**Physically Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Physically bulky Soundproof users can tank Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extreme Speed and are not affected by Boomburst.

**Protean + King's Shield**: Pokemon with Protean and King's Shield can use King's Shield to harshly lower Mega Rayquaza's Attack upon contact and change their typing to Steel, which resists Mega Rayquaza's STAB types.
What are the most common Pokemon that fulfill these roles well? Arceus? Mega Mewtwo?

Please address my comments so we can keep moving with the analysis.

Last edited:
For such a defining threat in BH, this is extremely light. There's hardly any specific qualities mentioned. I see nothing related to its type or common abilities. I see nothing that touches on weaknesses and limitations. You're trying to sell me on Mega Ray here, so convince me to keep reading.

I want specific examples for the bolded roles above.

What are the most common Pokemon that fulfill these roles well? Arceus? Mega Mewtwo?

Please address my comments so we can keep moving with the analysis.
everything edited, still working on the overview part. When I'm done, should I ask someone to GP it again, or should i not?

EV

Banned deucer.
If one of the original GPers is up for it, sure. Otherwise considering it's the addition of a few more sentences I think we should be okay.

Lumari

empty spaces
TFP Leader
will do quickly

Mega Rayquaza's excellent mixed offenses and STAB access to on the type with the best neutral coverage in the game allows allow it to utilize a variety of sets effectively. The most common Mega Rayquaza sets utilize powerful high-priority attacks with the ability Aerilate to boost high priority moves' power or the ability Gale Wings to increase its Flying-type moves' priority, making Mega Rayquaza an excellent revenge killer; however, additionally, Mega Rayquaza can also work well as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper. However, Mega Rayquaza is commonly walled by nearly anything that its Flying-type STAB is not very effective against, (AC) and is commonly accounted for during teambuilding, as well as lacking and lacks a reliable way to keep healthy throughout the match. Regardless, Mega Rayquaza should be considered for any hyper offensive or balanced team due to its versatility and ability to perform several roles effectively.
As Mega Rayquaza is weak to other common Fake Out and Extreme Speed users such as Kyurem-B and Mega Diancie, a Steel-type such as Registeel or Aegislash that resists both of these Pokemon's STAB moves is a vital teammate. These two Steel-types can also counter to Pokemon with Imposter that have transformed into Mega Rayquaza. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, as Mega Rayquaza cannot break Shedinja unless it has Magma Storm, which is unreliable. Effective ways to deal with it are entry hazard support and Pokemon with a combination of Mold Breaker and Pursuit. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard removal and cleric support through Pokemon such as Mega Audino and Registeel, as Mega Rayquaza is weak to Stealth Rock and is crippled by burns, which makes its priority attacks nearly useless. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates hazard setters like such as Giratina or Deoxys-Speed and Deoxys-S, as Mega Rayquaza usually forces a lot of switches. Pokemon that can remove Steel-types, such as Protean Mega Mewtwo X or and Earth Plate + Judgment (add plus; alternatively, change "Earth Plate" to "Ground-type") users such as Mega Mewtwo Y, (AC) are also necessary to eliminate some of Mega Rayquaza's most common checks.
Imposter Chansey is a common switch-in to Mega Rayquaza. Therefore, a powerful special tank or an Unaware user such as Cresselia is vital to prevent it from sweeping; Cresselia is an effective Unaware user to counter Imposter Chansey. If Earth Power is used over Magma Storm, Shedinja is another option to take on Chansey as well as to beat Mega Diancie. This set appreciates entry hazard removal from Pokemon like Registeel or and Giratina to avoid taking unnecessary amounts of damage from switching in. Mega Rayquaza also appreciates having hazards on the opponent's side of the field through Pokemon such as Giratina and Deoxys-Speed Deoxys-S, as entry hazards prevent Shedinja from switching in. Steel-type tanks like such as Registeel and Aegislash are useful to take attacks from Pokemon with the abilities Pixilate and Refrigerate using Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Shedinja should still be accounted for, even if Magma Storm is run, and can be checked by a Mold Breaker Pursuit user or the aforementioned hazards. This Mega Rayquaza set is not threatened as much by status, as Substitute blocks most of it, but because it tends to stay in for extended periods of time, status removal through Pokemon like Mega Audino is useful to keep Mega Rayquaza healthy.

========
checks and counters look fine

Last edited:
Reactions: EV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)