ORAS Ubers Arceus-Fire and Mega-Steelix : ORAS sun team (pkd 1643)

rmt sun.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ubers! Antacool back for a whole new RMT!!! A very hot one, as hot as hot BBQ. A working-well full Sun Team (yep even in ORAS), that peaked 1643 in Ubers ladder.

Alright, since my previous RMT, I did a presentation of my Trick Room team featuring Hoopa-Unbound after the winning votes in question parts, with some replays and pastebin. However it's not present in Other RMT section, and the link of this team is in the link bellow, in Competitive Ubers Teambuilding tournament thread, post #287:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ubers-teambuilding-competition-v2.3534016/page-12
And yeah it won!!
Thank you again for your appreciations and for voting for me :D

Now let's make the Sun Team shining! My strategy is to use...
No I don't use Solrock this time :(

...But very cool underrated stuff and broken Pokemon under the Sun (don't be disappointed lol).
Yep, BW / BW2 rules.
Building a full based Sun team looks pretty weird and almost impossible to use in ORAS in theory, because of Desolate Land and Primordial Sea, both removing the Permanent Sun.
In fact, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre impose their weather, and remove them when they switch. And both Pokemon are used a lot.

However Fire is a good offensive typing in Ubers. Only Fire (Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh), Water (Primal Kyogre), Rock (Arceus-Rock, Diancie, Tyranitar) and Dragon (Rayquaza, Mega-Salamence) resist it. Welp, in Ubers Metagame, bar Primal Kyogre, not a lot of Top-tier Pokemon can switch comfortably into Sun boosted Fire attacks, with some Burn chance.

The basic idea is to abuse Fire spam with some powerhouses, and bring out a Permanent Sun with... Groudon. And nope, not Primal Groudon. FINALLY NOT A PDON IN AN UBERS RMT OML

Let's go, teambuilding!

I started with a simple FIRAAAAA offensive core. Groudon is the Sun setter, Ho-Oh is the S-rank bird who hits hard in physically side, and Reshiram is the offensive nuke on the special side.

I started with a max def hp Groudon but it is way too passive in this kind of offensive team, and the fact that it can't touch Pokemon such as Giratina-O, Mega-Salamence, Lugia, Rest P-Ogre or Mega-Sableye is more troublesome than being effective at what he does. So I decided to be innovative and opted for a Choice Band Set.
Ho-Oh is a secondary Choice Band user which is pretty standard, but works well with Groudon. He can also use Sleep Talk to absorb Spore or Dark Void, or check most GeoXerns.
Reshiram was basically Choice Specs, but some speed control is primordial in bulky offense and Darkrai is still a threat. So I opted for a Choice Scarf which is actually very effective.

The basic core is favourite Primal-Kyogre's Breakfast and weak to Stealth Rocks, so Soul Dew Latias was obviously added. Defog, check Lava Plume Pdon, and Primal-Kyogre is what it has to do, and it does all these jobs so damn well.

What If a Mega-Salamence started to Dragon Dance on Locked Groudon into Earthquake?
What If a Klefki want to destroy Reshiram with Prankster Thunder Wave or weaken Groudon with Toxic?
What If a Pressure Lugia doesn't get a freakn Sacred Fire Burn?
What If Extremkiller Arceus comes in?
(need a meme picture btw)
And, seriously, who setups Stealth Rocks?

This is where The Lord comes in this team. My Mega is Mega-Steelix and is as solid as Diamonds, and takes hits Forever.
The 4x resistances to rocks is a blessing in the meta, and it's Attack does not suck neither. And Sand Force helps somewhat against opposing Sand Teams so that's cool.

Defog Arceus Water basically completed the team, I opted for a mixed invested Defenses set in order to check Rayquaza and Diancie better, while being a secondary Ogre and Mega-Salamence check thanks to Thunder Wave and Ice Beam respectively.
But Unfortunately that's the theory, and in practice my team was too weak to HO with Ekiller, and, especially, HP Rock / Focus Blast GeoXern which just 6-0 this team.
And yeah, my name is Antacool, I have bad ideas, I know, but I probably found THE crucial change. I replaced Arceus Water with...

What? Fightceus?

Some ladder players already knows the joke :D little dedicace for them ;)

Lord Arceus-Fire!!!!! You said, The Worst Arceus Form?
Here is my team bellow!

THE SUN TEAM

upload_2015-10-6_20-46-27.jpeg

Ground Don (Groudon) @ Choice Band

Ability: Drought
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake / Toxic

Look at this picture. It's Groudon. It is an offensive beast that swims in the lava. It's big, it's red and it learns STAB Precipices Blades. It's Groudon.
This is obviously my GeoXern and Primal-Kyogre check with Lava Plume my Sun Setter. He brings in the Sun for 5 turns, providing it's not removed by any primal forms. The sun offers a 50% boost to Reshiram's and Ho-Oh's fire attacks which make them really scary sweepers. It also reduces the power of Water attacks (but we don't care, in a meta where Pdon is everywhere), and reduce the precision of Thunder down to 50% accuracy (ahhh, not even bad).
The advantage of Groudon over Pdon is that he can check non Lava Plume Pdon, and is not weak to Earthquake (the signs of ORAS being cancer, is some of my opponents prefered to use Earthquake on my Groudon instead of their STABs with Mega Salamence and Ekiller...)
To add, Groudon has got the possibility to carry another item than Red Orb. With the Choice Band equiped, Groudon's attack reaches 657, which is just absurd whithout any boost. This choice permits him to maintain pressure while putting the sun, and even better, destroy stall cores with lil anticipation.
It's definitely an underrated Pokemon, who is very forgotten with the omnipresence of its Primal Form.

Some calcs:

252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 306-361 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 248 Def Giratina-O: 254-300 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Salamence: 212-250 (64 - 75.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 220-261 (72.6 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 184 HP / 28 Def Xerneas: 364-429 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Arceus-Water: 237-279 (53.3 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (Arceus Water is no more a soft check)

Precipice Blades is a nuke, Stone Edge for EdgeQuake coverage and Dragon Claw for Lati twins and Giratina. The last move is Earthquake, I do like this filler because of the consistency compared to Pblades which helps in some situations (missing Precipice Blades on EKiller at end game is really stupid). Pohjis advises me to use Toxic instead for Arceus Water and Lugia switch ins, and it's also a nice option.

upload_2015-10-6_21-43-52.jpeg

KABOOM (Reshiram) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Many players say this pokemon is bad, but honeslty, the truth is he needs the right support to be effective. And in this team, Reshiram is excellent (provided it doesn't miss).
With the Choice Scarf equiped, Reshiram acts as a Revenge Killer as well as a hard hitter especially with Sun up. It has also a very nice offensive coverage thanks to its Dual STAB, which is only resisted by Mega-Diancie (who is still 2HKO'd by Blue Flare), Mega-Altaria or Azumarill (not Ubers lol)
Draco Meteor OHKOs other Dragons and hits Primal-Kyogre for correct damages. Blue Flare is OP and is the most powerful move under the sun, and the Burn chance really comes handy in some situations. Earth Power is the only 100% accurate move that hits Pdon and Mega-Diancie for super effective damage. Focus Blast is to miss even more to hit Rock types such as Tyranitar, who otherwise laughs at Reshiram attacks. I don't want to use a mixed set in order to take minimum damage on Foul Play, when I place it on Defensive Yveltal or Mega-Sableye for example.
With experience, Reshiram is really helpful against Darkrai, Shaymin-Sky, and Sturdy / Multiscale Pokemon thanks to its great ability Turboblaze (it anti-leads Skarm and Forretress like a champ)
The Timid nature is chosen to outspeed Deoxys-A and Adamant Rayquaza after 1 Dragon Dance.

Some calcs:

252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Sun: 303-357 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Sun: 360-424 (82 - 96.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water in Sun: 151-178 (34 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Sun: 207-244 (31.7 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 226-266 (93.7 - 110.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 388-460 (96 - 113.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Calcs on Primal Groudon (proving it's not a soft check):

252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon in Harsh Sunshine: 193-228 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Draco Meteor vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 258-304 (69.1 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 170-200 (42 - 49.5%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Calcs back:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Reshiram: 320-378 (93.8 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (Without LO Reshiram avoids the OHKO)
48 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Reshiram: 195-230 (57.1 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Where's Solrock (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Atk / 52 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Ho-Oh is probably the most effective Choice Band user in the meta. Its dual Fire and Flying STAB are nearly unresisted in Ubers and does a lot of damage. Also, Sacred Fire, Ho-Oh signature's move, is devastating because of the 50% chance of Burn and is completely broken when used under the Sun. Brave Bird is the other STAB that hits hard threats such as Kyogre and even Pdon. Only Rock types are resisted by these two moves, this is why Earthquake is made for. No need to post calcs to prove that the bird is great and merits its place in S-rank.
Sleep Talk makes Ho-Oh a sleep absorber in my team and helps against Darkrai / Baton Pass Smeargle.
I don't have to tell more about it, the spread is standard to survive +2 Thunder from Xerneas (who is always able to hit under the sun, dont ask me why). The great special bulk helps as well against threats such as Life Orb Yveltal, ghostceus and somewhat Latias.
The nickname is based, Lord Solrock is the only good check to this. (okey okey Rest Rhyperior too but it's not the best :p)

Atlas (Latias) @ Soul Dew

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 HP / 128 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature

- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Latias completes the Groudon / Ho-Oh core very nicely, and it's actually standard. This is a polyvalent Pokemon who is able to take Primal Forms hits, to outspeed a good amount of Ubers Pokemon such as Jolly Salamence before Mega, and to hit quite hard thanks to Soul Dew. His main job is to prevent the Entry Hazards ruining its teammates' days thanks to Defog, eliminating opposing Screens as well.
Apparently only one defogger looks really close in a team like mine, but most of the time the Stealth Rock setter is Groudon-Primal, a Pokemon that Latias handles pretty well. Plus, Xerneas really often setup on it so you just have to Defog on Geomancy turn, and sack it or a pokemon like Groudon then to reintroduce the Sun if needed, and finally check the Xerneas with one Fire type Pokemon.
However, you must be very careful against teams including both Primal Forms.
Draco Meteor hits hard Groudon-Primal and the other STAB, Psyshock, hits Kyogre, Mega-Diancie, and especially opposing Ho-Oh pretty hard. Roost because recovery, you need to sponge Pogre and Pdon hits throughout the game.

Klefki for lunch (Steelix) @ Steelixite

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relax Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Roar

Entering the God of Earth! Mega-Steelix. In Ubers. Antacool's logic decides to use this mon over Excadrill or Mega-Sableye.
For which reasons? Actually, it serves as a Mega-Salamence check (Aerilate moves tickles it) who can be really threatening otherwise (It can setup Dragon Dance on Groudon and Reshiram, depending on the situations).
Its faraminal physical Bulk lets it come pretty easily on Mega-Salamence or most SD Arceus Forms, then phaze them! Thanks to its bulkyness, it can place Stealth Rocks against a good amount of Ubers and even against some offensive ones such as Focus Sash Deoxys-A.
Only Taunt user and Mega Sableye prevents him to place SR, which are a free turn for Scarf Reshiram or CB Ho-Oh. Mega-Diancie is OHKO by one of both Mega-Steelix's STAB and doesn't kill the giant worm with Earth Power.
Why the Mega? Because of the additionnal bulk on both physically and specially sides, which helps to take Giratina and Diancie hits, Ice Beam, etc.
Steel + Ground is an amazing typing. It resists 4 times to Rocks, which permits it to come more easily on the field when SR are up, which support a lot Steelix's teammates. Mega-Steelix is also a premium check to Arceus-Rock (Groudon doesn't like Burns). Also, Klefki isn't an annoyance for my team anymore thanks to full immunity to Thunder Wave and Toxic (based name!)
So yep, standard set, Stealth Rock because best move of the game and works with Roar. Earthquake or Gyro Ball are both STAB that hits SD Arceus Forms and Rock types; Earthquake hits as well Steels such as Excadrill and non Fire-Blast Dialga, when Gyro Ball can hit Mence, Lati twins, and Xerneas for better damage. Toxic helps against stallers it checks like Lugia and support Arceus Forms, and also non Refresh Mence. Roar for phazing which is mandatory for boosting sweepers and Baton Pass teams.
I will also mention Sturdy in its normal form, that saved me more than once (Baton pass).

252 Atk Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Steelix: 92-110 (25.9 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Steelix: 80-96 (22.5 - 27.1%) -- 45.9% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Steelix: 104-125 (29.3 - 35.3%) -- 18.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Steelix: 85-102 (24 - 28.8%) -- 98.2% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Steelix: 144-170 (40.6 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Earth Plate Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Steelix: 222-264 (62.7 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Steelix: 237-279 (66.9 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

upload_2015-10-6_23-42-6.jpeg

Arceus-Fight (Arceus-Fire) @ Flame Plate

Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Mild Nature / Modest Nature

- Psych Up
- Overheat
- Stone Edge / Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot

Hahahahaaaa!!!!
This is the best prank and lure I made in my entire Pokemon gaming's life :D
And maybe one of the most creative Arceus set I made at the same time.

Lord Arceus-Fire. And even myself, before I created this team, I thought it was the worst Arceus form.
This Pokemon, Ladies and Gentlemen, saved me so many times against those Xerneas with HP Rock / with SR in my side.
Let me explain how does that set works. What is also this weird investment. This set might enter on Smogon Analysis seriously.

Basically Arceus-Fire acts a hard hitter thanks to STAB Overheat under the sun and the max special Attack, which does very very high damage. Grass Knot is a very nice coverage move which hits Arceus Water, Groudon-Primal, and Rock types quite hard. Until now, nothing surprising you tell me.
Psych Up is the perfect move on Fireceus. It not only resets drops from Overheat, by copying opponent's stats changes, but it also counters Geomancy Xerneas.
The idea is to survive a hit from +2 Xerneas, and then copy the +2 boosts on Speed, Special Attack and Special Defense. Thanks to Speed investment, you outspeed GeoXern next turn and you retaliate with a extremely powerful Overheat. Be careful otherwise, you can OHKO the full HP Xern only when there's Sun!!
After that, you can launch a speedy +0 Overheat on the next Pokemon to do another good chunk, or Thunder Wave it to revenge kill it with Ho-Oh or Groudon.
Stone Edge is a another great option to make this set even more trolly and score a surprise KO an Ho-Oh.

The cherry on the cake. The Nickname. This nick works on PS because Arceus with the Fist Plate is Arceus-Fighting. But yeah, this form is never seen in Ubers neither. And you threw me a resisted Moonblast instead of a super effective HP Ground or Rock ;)

The reparts:
40 EVs in HP is to avoid the OHKO from any +2 GeoXern hit after SR damage (Focus Blast, HP Rock)
212 Speed to outspeed Max Speed base 100 + speed creep.
The rest in special attack.

Some Calcs:

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 40 HP / 4 SpD Arceus-Fire: 246-290 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Flame Plate Arceus-Fire Overheat vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 270-318 (61.5 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Flame Plate Arceus-Fire Overheat vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Sun: 405-477 (92.2 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Flame Plate Arceus-Fire Overheat vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Sun: 339-400 (88.7 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Flame Plate Arceus-Fire Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence in Sun: 216-255 (65.2 - 77%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Thunder Wave it instead)
252+ SpA Arceus-Fire Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 232-274 (52.2 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Arceus-Fire Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 180-214 (52.6 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Arceus-Fire Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 148-175 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Arceus-Fire Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 368-436 (88.6 - 105%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Threats (omg the rain no no no!!!!)

Mega Diancie is the number 1 threat, it hits every Pokemon super effectively bar Groudon who is 2HKOed by Moonblast. It's even worse if Diancie has max Speed so Reshiram is the only Pokemon who outspeeds it in this case. However it's so frail it gets usually 2HKOed by any resisted move.

Primals forms are for sure key threats as they remove the permanent sun from Groudon. Groudon Primal is manageable with Groudon and Latias, and still boost my Fire moves, but setup Stealth Rocks so it makes me lose momentum. Timid Primal Kyogre become easily the worst threat of the team if I lost my Latias.

Arceus-Ground is a threat as it can use Lure sets or even worse, Swords Dance if my Groudon is weakend.

Despite they can't resist any Fire Attack, Mewtwo and Mewtwo-Y outspeeds everything bar Reshiram and proceed to do a lot of damage with STAB Psystrike and their coverage move, including sun boosted Fire Blast.

A team without Solrock is obviously Ho-Oh's weak, and mine is not exception. If Choice Band can be smartly predicted, I haven't a lot of solutions to a fast Life Orb one. Fireceus can still outspeed and KO it.

Pursuit users can kill Latias to open a door for threats or placing Stealth Rocks. Be careful!

------

Epic Replays :

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278642015
// Proves of Peak, Against Stall Team with Stalltwo. THIS END WAS ON FIREEE

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278284822
// Against dontstealmypenguin's team, one of my fav replay

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278634564

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278611605
// A great match against Stall. The missplay with Groudon was tough but finally Arceus-Fire makes an incredible work!

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-278606970
// Against Balance + Ditto

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278599762
// Dat Will-O-Wisp

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278445148
// Against Trick Room

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278573848
// Against Toxic Spikes Team

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278442465
// Against Offense where Sturdy came handy

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278423957
// Another great Fireceus showcase

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278418692
// Offense + Lugia

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278210323
// An older version of the sun team, the first match using Fireceus

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278220781

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278225375

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-278283404
// Against Classic HO with... HP Rock GeoXern :]

Conclusion

FIREEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for reading my RMT! I hope you like it and every comments and likes are really appreciated n_n

AAAAAND I finally made a shoutouts list ;)

Pohjis (Thanks for all advises and appreciations for my teams ^_^ gratz also for top ladder)
Milktank 2.1 (Mega Ray OP bring in Burger King Giratina for it, Megabro, Lord Solrock and all of tem)
Disaster Aera (yeah I just RMTed a 1UBER team!!!)
Gunner (So I herd u liek dem liepardz n_n )
Hyw (Epic teambuilder! :D)
Level 56 (Epic teambuilder as well, when do you RMT the space team? n_n )
Whatif (finally used Fireceus yay)
Thugly Duckling (Finally used TTar correctly with sticky webs ;)
Dracomaster Pain
Dracomaster Dab
Creakyman
Parivard
samqian2
The Outrage
Shrang
Sweep
Mr.378
Pillowpokemon
White Lion18
Aqua's Swirlix
ApplepieFTW
Minority Suspect
Build is to Grow
Earth
Emberr
Dilwar
Peli
xDesch
Tenefix
Exiline
Virachi
DoubleOD
Guapo Man
Shadowquinn
Mai Pearl
Canman98
The Trap God
XCelloFantastic
dontstealmypenguin
The Complication
Anachronisticat
Trinitrotoluene
Karla Shnikov
Haruno
Magsyy
Zorodark
aesf
Fireburn
Kebabe
Hello Everybody
Unfixable
Sparksblade
av Kakuna
Lacus Clyne
Krauersaut
Optic Gaga
Haxiom
Sacri'
Digital Sound
SketchUp
Diantha
Master the sunny
Fulllifegames
Byronthewellwell
Scorpdestroyer
Polonium209
Da Pizza Man
Scotti
NixHex
Champion xfc
Slurmz
Uselesscrab
Pokemaster12321
Tricking
Godsend
Disciple_1
Fredrick1
Firehusky
Kit Kasai
Asmodean
Gorechomp
AD Impish John
Malley
acz13
Atomicllamas
Montsegur
Amir
Hootie
Dusk Raimon
Chukaboomboom

Friends, great moderators, followers on Smogon, and awesome players n_n

and of course all other laddering Ubers people, and I'm sorry if I forgot someone else

Last edited:
Pastebin:

Ground Don (Groudon) @ Choice Band
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Klefki for lunch (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar

Arceus-Fight (Arceus-Fire) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psych Up
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- Grass Knot

Doesn't Mega Aggron fill in all the roles for Lix? It has more of an offensive presence and filter, too.
Not really, as the typing gives it an immunity to twave and toxic, whereas M-Aggron is only immune to toxic. It also has a 4x resistance to SR and M-Aggron 2x, and ground STAB to hit opposing steels or P-Don on the switch if the opponent were that daring.

This is phenomenal. The thought you put into every mon and your knowledge of the metagame is palpable. Loved the analysis, and the replays. Made me want to pick up Ubers again.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Antacool, building a team around Groudon and Reshiram is an interesting prospect as Reshiram is generally accepted to be worthless. Despite the use of Reshiram it's not to take all blame for the weaknesses present to your team, so I think you can keep Reshiram but still be able to fix some of the current problems.

You already caught most of the obvious ones in your threat list; unfortunately Mega Diancie and P Ogre rip apart this team. The former can deny Steelix hazards due to the threat of Earth Power, which either KOs Mega Steelix before it can take down Mega Diancie or damages you to the point where you'll be denied the ability to ever set SR down the road; it also can't switch into Mega Diancie from fear of being chipped into KO range. P Ogre is also a serious threat, although you can attempt to revenge it with Arc Fire GK (still only does like 50%, and thats the ideal situation where it has no bulk invest and is unboosted). Latias is an okay switch in, but it's your only real switch in and is susceptible to Thunder Wave and Ice Beam. When you consider P Don, Latias is pressured even more as it's your only Ground immunity (Ho-Oh is not switching into P Don unless you absolutely know it doesn't have Rock coverage) on a team with 3 Ground weaknesses. Regular Groudon doesn't offset this issue as much as it should since you're highly susceptible to Plume burns and lack of defensive bulk means you're taking tons from Ground STAB.

It's not hard to see how easily Latias can become pressured as it has to check both Primals practically all on its own in addition to providing Defog support for Ho-Oh. Arc Ground can setup on a Choice locked Don, -2 Reshiram, on a turn it forces Ho-Oh out, or even on Arc Fire (despite taking heavy damage from Overheat or GK) as if a Geo Xern is in the back you can't really risk keeping Arc Fire in. You can attempt to revenge it with Reshiram, but the fact remains that you don't have a good immediate counterplay if Arc Ground is threatening a crucial mon. Opposing Ho-Oh is also a nuisance, and this is due to a combination of having SR on a Ho-Oh weak mon, lack of P Don, and lack of a Rock, Water, or Electric. You pretty much have to revenge it with Arc Fire, and moving Arc Fire into Ho-Oh (even with how little it is used) makes it very obvious you are running Stone Edge so the opponent can just switch and threaten another mon at a latter point.

Despite having Ho-Oh and Arc Fire this team actually struggles more against Xern than most teams (lack of P Don and a better Steel is mostly to blame). You can manually switch Arc Fire into Xern but you end up failing to counter with Psych Up because you just take too much damage on that initial hit. Add on the SR weakness and the fact that Geo Xerns should be running Focus or HP Ground and you're getting 2HKOed before you can stop Xern. Obviously Ho-Oh loses if SR is up or you have the slightest chip, but the biggest issue is HP Rock Geo Xern which is reliably ripping through both Arc Fire and Ho-Oh. If you run Thunder Wave on Arc Fire to alleviate this then you're even weaker against Ho-Oh, so it's not such an easy fix.

EKiller is a bit of a lesser problem, but still a potential issue. Groudon takes heavy damage from +2 ESpeed, although it does deal back some respectable damage with CB Earthquake. Everything else except for Mega Steelix is mauled by EKiller, and even Mega Steelix isn't doing that much back; you either get 2HKOed just to slap it with Toxic, take upwards of irrevocable 75% just to phaze it, or deal a weak 32% with Earthquake. You can beat it sure, but it seems more problematic than it needs to be. Your team's lack of a Fairy type means that things like mixed Rayquaza and Latios can go even crazier than normal. Your only Dragon resist is already hard pressured by the fact that it has no recovery, has to set SR, is bait for several strong mons, and is relied upon to check several big threats. HP Fire Latios, as uncommon as it is, is especially problematic and ironically is made worse if sun is in play. Steelix also isn't the best Mega Mence check to begin with, as you're struggling against last mon Mega Mence, and if it's the popular Refresh set you can't touch it.

With all that said I think most of the problems are somewhat lessened if you start by dropping Arc Fire and instead run Arc Water. This provides you a better answer to things like Mega Diancie, Arc Ground, P Don, Ho-Oh, Mega Mence, and takes some pressure off of Latias; I'll leave you to decide where to allocate Defog between the two. You can also consider running Bronzong over Mega Steelix as to eliminate a Ground weakness, and help a bit more against Xern and Mega Mence. You can change your SR setter to Groudon, possibly more of a support-like set to help check EKiller and P Don and this allows Zong to have a more offensive set as it's freed from having to set hazards. I don't know if you had already considered these options (Arc Water obviously at least) but I think this will help a bit with stability. There are still problems, but I'm not sure how to eliminate them without dropping Reshiram or regular Groudon, which was the entire point of the team. I won't leave a summary for this rate since I think you'll bother to actually read the text, idk maybe I'm mistaken.

I'd be cool to see if a team with Resh can be justified (probs not but there might be a chance) so good luck improving on your team for the future.

Minority Suspect, maybe this second version could patch up the mentionned weaknesses:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-281868421

Ground Don (Groudon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Psystrike me (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Dingue Dong (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 1 Spe
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)