ORAS Ubers Monster (33-4)

peak 33-4.png

Hey, Im Jhonx, a EG member. I've been playing this game competitively since the end of XY, I've been playing Ubers because thats the only tier I played before, and that was the only tier that make me feel fun, Ok, Enough about me. This RMT is a team that I built with a Friend of EG, Maybe this is not one of the best RMT or one of the best team mine, but i used it and got a nice record, 30-1, and lost for hax 3 more games, after that i won 3 more games, but who cares lol.

Here Comes the team!

Monster, like Eminem ft. Rihanna song, killing slowly the opponent and with a nice coverage, is like a copy of standard sun balance, with the combination of Sableye Mega, Klefki, Primal-Groudon and Ho-Oh, a build around Magic Bounce, maybe is not a good idea at all, but helps a lot on this metagame, specially with sableye, being able to wall some threats on Ubers and destroy stall, Latias helps him to live vs Kyogre and Groudon, with a powerful moveset, Klefki helps vs Lugia, Darkrai, and can make slow some sweepers, to help the team stop them, Arceus-Water helps as a coverage for Latias vs Salamence and Groudon again, so i can get more switchs and more options to stop some Pokemons, and Ho-Oh helps me as my win conditioning, like my Groudon. lets go into the sets and some explanation of them!.

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp helps to reduce the damage of physical sweepers and klefki.

- Foul Play helps vs boosted stuff and is the only move that make damage on Sableye.
- Recover Is the only recovery move i have, to wall klefki after he get burnt or wall others mons.
- Fake Out This move is important, helps to Mega-Evolve Sableye, and flinch the opponent.

Sableye is a very cool mon on ORAS Ubers, As I said before, helps vs Stall and is a solid check to Ekiller, bounces back hazzards, walls Lugia completely, wich is a mon very used, and can kill stalling Klefki, Lugia, and with Foul Play, erase Ekiller, Mence Mega, Mewtwo (Both Megas), Gengar, etc.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 176 HP / 56 Def / 120 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Powerful move, helps agaisnt Primals ,2HKO Supportceus - Grass Knot

Stab move, helps vs Giratina and more stuff like Sableye Mega - Draco Meteor
Recovery move, helps when u switch in, or stalling - Roost
My hazzard cleaner move of the team, very useful specially here to clean the field - Defog

Latias As I said before, helps me to check Both Primals, Killing them with a Powerful 2HKO Grass Knot, is my defoger of the team, a move that really helps because my team is a little weak to Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes, and is my Waterceus / Groundceus / Rockceus support sets.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes Spikes is my secondary hazzard, helps vs HO, and some unprepared stalls

- Thunder Wave Thunder Wave helps me stop Darkrai, fast stuff like Deoxys Attack, Mence, etc.
- Toxic Toxic helps me agaisnt Lugia, stall in general and helps me to stop Groudon slowly
- Play Rough The STAB move, helps to damage darkrai, dragon types and drop atk with luck lol

Klefki is my Lugia Check, Darkrai check, and stop opponent sweeps, Klefki make pressure on the opponent team, with Spikes forcing to the player do defog, or rapid spin, and when that happens if the defoger is Latitwin, u can play rough or T-Wave him, u can toxic Groudon when they enter on a switch and more stuff, helps vs salamence too and rayquaza, powerful threats

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
My Groudon Set Up check, can toxic stuff and destroys stall, can toxic Lati@s and more - Toxic

recovery move to help the Toxic Stall, specially recover health to tank Mence Mega at +1 - Recover
Kills Mence Mega, Rayquaza, damages Lugia, Yveltal and more, helps damage from toxic - Ice Beam Judgment was here to kill Diancie and damage Groundceus / Rockceus, with STAB bonus - Judgment
Arceus Water helps me check threats like Rayquaza, Salamence, Primal Groudon, Diancie, Support Arceus weak to Judgment, and Ekiller without LO, stop threats poisong them and stalling, and helps a lot to the team, cleaning the danger that Salamence, Ho-Oh, Aerodactyl maybe, and most of the metagame, helps vs Klefki too if is statused, and hits hard with Splash Plate

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 56 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost Recovery Move useful with Life Orb and Substitute, helps recovering from Brave Bird

- Substitute Helps me to avoid Status moves and destroy stall
- Sacred Fire Nice STAB, which helps me with a chance to burn Giratina, Arceus and more.
- Brave Bird STAB that hits too hard vs Stall, Example Giratina, Blissey, and more

Ho-Oh is my Anti Stall mon, making substitute vs Blissey, or other stuff that can do a Status move, is my answer to Mega Gengar, can lead vs Sableye Mega, checks Xerneas at +2, and can recover it with Roost, if u fear to Earthquake from a user slower than Ho-Oh, u can change Roost for Recover.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 216 Atk / 216 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
The most useful hazzard on the metagame, helps break Multiscale and focus sash - Stealth Rock

I put T-Wave here to stop Fast Ho Oh, Lati@s, and stuff that walls Pdon to kill them - Thunder Wave Rock slide hits Ho-Oh, Lugia, Yveltal which is a threat, and can Paraflinch Giratina - Rock Slide
The STAB of PDON to kill other PDON with the evs, and kills xerneas, steels, etc - Precipice Blades
What team dont run a Primal Groudon? that is a thing i remember playing ubers, because Primal Groudon Checks a lot of Offensive Threats, Stops whit T-Wave Xerneas, Gengar, Giratina, Arceus, Lati@s, and more, but for some of them Precipice Blades ends fast, and OHKO Primal Groudon with the ev spread given, is a good combination of hazzards with Klefki and Rock Slide erases Ho-Oh / Yveltal.

I've been playing on Showdown since 2013, on BW, but I introduced to competitive in XY, Im a experienced player, played some tournaments with good scores (Ignore this seasonal lol), I built this team based on my metagame experience and my ladder record, record that was 30-1 first with my alt EG Tom Clancy, i hope u enjoy this team, i RMT'd it for all the people that said they liked the team

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 216 Atk / 216 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 56 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Fake Out

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 176 HP / 56 Def / 120 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Shoutouts
Thanks to for help me testing and with some sets Dominatio Ryu VM ,
Minority Suspect for the idea of balanced Klefki + Waterceus + Ho Oh
and Krauersaut for the structure of the rmt (i ripped the structure) and to All the EG Team

Last edited:
This is the most offensive thing to my eyes. First off, look up rock polish groudon. Second, adjust your team to that because he 6-0 Sweeps this team no sweat. Can't Burn or T-Wave it, toxic doesn't become a problem until turn 3, Precipice Blades does a lot more to Arceus Water than you think, and holy help will be needed as soon as M-Sableye dies because M-Diance with Magic Bounce doesn't care about your stall. Instead, it Moonblasts Sableye, Diamond Storms Ho-Oh, Earth Powers Groudon, switches on Arceus Water, Earth Powers Klefki, and Moonblasts Latias. Two Pokemon alone sweep your team. The worst part is, I just made a team with both of the aforementioned Pokemon on it. My suggestion is to have an actual win condition which is Kyogre. Replace Arceus Water or Ho-Oh because this team has some of the biggest gaps ever. I would've been nicer, but people on this site aren't so if you can't beat em join em.

Wings of Night

I COULD BE BANNED!
This is the most offensive thing to my eyes. First off, look up rock polish groudon. Second, adjust your team to that because he 6-0 Sweeps this team no sweat. Can't Burn or T-Wave it, toxic doesn't become a problem until turn 3, Precipice Blades does a lot more to Arceus Water than you think, and holy help will be needed as soon as M-Sableye dies because M-Diance with Magic Bounce doesn't care about your stall. Instead, it Moonblasts Sableye, Diamond Storms Ho-Oh, Earth Powers Groudon, switches on Arceus Water, Earth Powers Klefki, and Moonblasts Latias. Two Pokemon alone sweep your team. The worst part is, I just made a team with both of the aforementioned Pokemon on it. My suggestion is to have an actual win condition which is Kyogre. Replace Arceus Water or Ho-Oh because this team has some of the biggest gaps ever. I would've been nicer, but people on this site aren't so if you can't beat em join em.
Kyogre on this team doesn't help at all. It just makes it way weaker to Mega Diancie/Salamence, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and RP Pdon. Arc Water still beats RP Pdon as long as it's not under 50 and how tf does Diancie switch into anything from Arc-Water except Toxic? Calm down btw

Sab/Ho-Oh/Pdon/Bird check/Defoger/Dark check is a standard and solid build (look at trout's or this team) so I don't think he just copied trout's team and changed one mon.

Tbh I don't really know how this team can be improved because like I said it's standard. I like the version with Defog Arc and Lugia more tho because it's better vs sr Diancie and Ho-Oh.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would've been nicer, but people on this site aren't so if you can't beat em join em.
This is not an excuse to be unnecessarily edgy and mean.

For the record, physically defensive Arceus-Water does beat RP Groudon unless it has Swords Dance, which Kyogre isn't helping with either.

Anyway, this team looks pretty standard so there isn't too much to comment on. I do agree that Mega Diancie looks annoying, as it usually is for teams that rely on slow Arceus-Water to check it, so if it is being too much trouble you could consider running Flash Cannon on Klefki.

This is not an excuse to be unnecessarily edgy and mean.

For the record, physically defensive Arceus-Water does beat RP Groudon unless it has Swords Dance, which Kyogre isn't helping with either.

Anyway, this team looks pretty standard so there isn't too much to comment on. I do agree that Mega Diancie looks annoying, as it usually is for teams that rely on slow Arceus-Water to check it, so if it is being too much trouble you could consider running Flash Cannon on Klefki.
Yikes, so some are mean, some are defensive. And after taking a look, Arceus water does counter Groudon, However, there are another 5 Pokemon. Diancie we agree is a problem and Flash Cannon on Klefki could help. And av Kakuna, when I said switches on Arceus-Water, I meant it switches out on Arceus Water, not in. It does carry toxic and not refresh so switching Diancie in on a predicted toxic does cause trouble for it. Now I still believe CM Kyogre does of the following:
1). Run a Bold Max Max set. Maximize physical bulk since you are boosting your already great special bulk.
2). I carry Blizzard on mine while others carry Ice Beam. Power v Accuracy in this case and is still a 2HKO on RPGroudon. So again, this comes down to predictions

It is in my interest to evolve gameplay by trying new things that have worked before like ever heard of an HP Rock M-Sceptile? So before you get offended, I mean to have that change stick with you. If your raters are nice then you consider their changes. If your raters are mean, you become so hellbent on proving the mean rater wrong that you try it out first to see if it truly works. Worked on me, so I do for others what they've done for me.

P.S. if I hurt your feelings, don't take it to heart, it's tuff luv ;)

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Your suggestions are bad. It doesn't matter what tone you make them in. Diancie is indeed a threat to the team, however he can switch in Arceus-Water into Diancie (funny how that works) and win 1v1, he just needs to be careful to not toxic himself in the process and avoid getting too worn down. He doesn't need Kyogre and indeed putting kyogre on here makes the team worse and in fact weaker to RP groudon and arguably Diancie as well, as Kyogre gets 2hkod by Groudon and rest talk ogre can get overwhelmed easier than Arc-water can. Not only that, replacing Arc-water with Kyogre makes his team significantly weaker to common threats like Ho-oh and Salamence. And replacing ho-oh on this build is really inadvisable due to how good it functions on builds like this (although I would suggest just going faster with ho-oh, you already have keys and Don).

Flash cannon on keys is a good thing though.

i prefer regular groudon since this iteration is soft vs pdon otherwise. u lack a darkrai absorb atm so band ho-oh > life orb and sub sableye > current set for the ghosteus answer is prob ideal. psyshock lati at least does some dmg to klefki too

Yikes, so some are mean, some are defensive. And after taking a look, Arceus water does counter Groudon, However, there are another 5 Pokemon. Diancie we agree is a problem and Flash Cannon on Klefki could help. And av Kakuna, when I said switches on Arceus-Water, I meant it switches out on Arceus Water, not in. It does carry toxic and not refresh so switching Diancie in on a predicted toxic does cause trouble for it. Now I still believe CM Kyogre does of the following:
1). Run a Bold Max Max set. Maximize physical bulk since you are boosting your already great special bulk.
2). I carry Blizzard on mine while others carry Ice Beam. Power v Accuracy in this case and is still a 2HKO on RPGroudon. So again, this comes down to predictions

It is in my interest to evolve gameplay by trying new things that have worked before like ever heard of an HP Rock M-Sceptile? So before you get offended, I mean to have that change stick with you. If your raters are nice then you consider their changes. If your raters are mean, you become so hellbent on proving the mean rater wrong that you try it out first to see if it truly works. Worked on me, so I do for others what they've done for me.

P.S. if I hurt your feelings, don't take it to heart, it's tuff luv ;)

Kyogre is bad here, why? because if i quit Arceus Water, Salamence at +1 Kills me, im more weak to threats like Pdon Sweeper, or more physical stuff, specially if i run CM Ogre, which need SpAtk Investiment and Speed, but ty for suggest me some ideas :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)