Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedor

thiccc
core:

famous (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

ultralight beam (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot / Grass Knot

waves (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

feedback (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

fade (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

facts (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

hey spamspammy, the original core is something that is pretty simplistic and found on common offensive teams nowadays. offensive sd mega scizor is extremely threatening in the current meta, solid bulk in unison with a good defensive typing allowing it to set-up on various offensive threats, as well as many more passive 'mons, especially considering this is offense and many members give it free set-up opportunities, but i'll get into that later on. i changed a few of the sets to fit the team in the best way possible- 4 attacks latios (hp fire + eq / stabs) is something i wanted to abuse. fast heatran is something thats rising in usage greatly due to offensive sd mega scizor and a few other things, so earthquake being capable of luring it greatly helps in enforcing a sweep. hp fire helped soften up various steels that can annoy a few members of the team and sap its momentum, which you definitely don't want with offense. went with belly drum azumarill as opposed to banded because i found it works much more effectively in the end; latios, thundurus, and heatran to an extent, giving a free set-up opportunity to either bd azumarill or sd mega scizor, or even sd garchomp if you keep it around.

starting with the building process, i went with thunder wave + nasty plot thundurus for a guaranteed way of breaking down waters types that troubled the main members of the team, provide speed control and a sweeper check in case things go wrong by a misplay. offensively checking talonflame is appreciated as it cleans teams of this playstyle relatively easily, but more importantly being capable of crippling many faster threats help in setting up late-game. i slashed grass knot if quagsire / gastrodon get annoying for you, but i honestly find nasty plot to be better in the long-run. for the next slot, i went with an offensive rocker in the next slot to limit opposing switch-ins on offense, yache berry sd garchomp. this helped a ton in luring offensive electrics, thus allowing sd offensive mega scizor to clean much easier, it also has the ability to break down stuff like rotom-w and landorus-t which bother the main cleaners of the build respectively. relieving some pressure from stuff like mega lopunny, bisharp, and excadrill is also nice despite not being the tankchomp set. garchomp also doesn't necessarily have to be sacked in the first few turns of the match, it can still clean out matches as a win-condition effectively if the match-up is in its favour. you can run jolly > adamant if you prefer the speed tier, but i find the extra damage output to be good. for the next slot, i originally concluded on band azumarill to take off pressure from mega scizor and latios in checking weavile and keldeo respectively as they both don't have reliable recovery, breaking down mega scizor checks was also really nice. having an extra form of priority is beneficial towards offense in dealing with stuff like sand excadrill which proves to be problematic, but manageable nonetheless. despite this, i decided on running bd azumarill due to the sheer amount of set-up opportunities it finds in many match-ups, and cleans many teams nowadays fairly easily. not much else to say about it, azumarill's an excellent choice on offensive builds because of the defensive and offensive utility it provides. aside from thunder wave thundurus, the build overall was looking rather slow and pressured by offensive builds, this meant a solid revenge killer was mandatory. scarf heatran was optimal for functioning as a back-up check to stuff like talonflame variants, charizard-x, mega gardevoir, gengar, lati, etc., while pressuring bulky steels and grasses. as for specific situations, fire blast from heatran helps put keldeo in range of +2 mega scizor's bullet punch which is fantastic for pressuring checks. not only this, but as mainly bulky waters cut momentum from heatran, you can simply double to either thundurus or latios to continue to pressure the opposition.

the team plays fairly straightforward: set rocks and / or break with garchomp early on -> use lures and wallbreakers to your advantage in putting stuff in range -> use speed control to your advantage if required -> find a set-up opportunity and clean with any member that has the best match-up.

there's not much to say about the team in general, specifically in the way most match-ups play out (provided above). although the team puts out immense offensive pressure constantly, it does have slight issues that requires a good thought process to play around; i am mainly referring to 'mons like sand rush excadrill, sd bisharp and mega lopunny. the main way to manage faster attackers like mega lopunny is either keeping chomper fairly healthy, forcing it out through thunder wave, revenge killing it with heatran, or putting it in range of mega scizor or azumarill's respective priority. sd bisharp, while threatening doesn't find set-up opportunities on anything. excadrill can get slightly more annoying and you're forced to play a bit more cautiously around it, but this also comes with pressuring sand teams with belly drum azumarill + sd mega scizor alongside lures, and stalling out turns carefully.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-331309448
| this replay shows how easily it is to put stuff in range of my priority abusers; garchomp breaking down the team early game with azumarill cleaning it out.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-331325245
| portrays how easily fatter builds are pressured, garchomp getting up rocks forced the opponent to waste a turn by defogging which gave me a set-up opportunity and not allowing the opponent to set-up either. eventually found a set-up opportunity with bd azumarill which would have cleaned the game, but put everything in range of np thundurus + lo latios.

i hope you enjoy the build as much as i enjoyed testing new options with it and have a good day! :toast: p.s sorry for being a bit late on this, i had the team made a while ago, but was fairly busy the past few days.

Last edited:
core:

famous (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

ultralight beam (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot / Grass Knot

waves (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

feedback (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

fade (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

facts (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

hey spamspammy, the original core is something that is pretty simplistic and found on common offensive teams nowadays. offensive sd mega scizor is extremely threatening in the current meta, solid bulk in unison with a good defensive typing allowing it to set-up on various offensive threats, as well as many more passive 'mons, especially considering this is offense and many members give it free set-up opportunities, but i'll get into that later on. i changed a few of the sets to fit the team in the best way possible- 4 attacks latios (hp fire + eq / stabs) is something i wanted to abuse. fast heatran is something thats rising in usage greatly due to offensive sd mega scizor and a few other things, so earthquake being capable of luring it greatly helps in enforcing a sweep. hp fire helped soften up various steels that can annoy a few members of the team and sap its momentum, which you definitely don't want with offense. went with belly drum azumarill as opposed to banded because i found it works much more effectively in the end; latios, thundurus, and heatran to an extent, giving a free set-up opportunity to either bd azumarill or sd mega scizor, or even sd garchomp if you keep it around.

starting with the building process, i went with thunder wave + nasty plot thundurus for a guaranteed way of breaking down waters types that troubled the main members of the team, provide speed control and a sweeper check in case things go wrong by a misplay. offensively checking talonflame is appreciated as it cleans teams of this playstyle relatively easily, but more importantly being capable of crippling many faster threats help in setting up late-game. i slashed grass knot if quagsire / gastrodon get annoying for you, but i honestly find nasty plot to be better in the long-run. for the next slot, i went with an offensive rocker in the next slot to limit opposing switch-ins on offense, yache berry sd garchomp. this helped a ton in luring offensive electrics, thus allowing sd offensive mega scizor to clean much easier, it also has the ability to break down stuff like rotom-w and landorus-t which bother the main cleaners of the build respectively. relieving some pressure from stuff like mega lopunny, bisharp, and excadrill is also nice despite not being the tankchomp set. garchomp also doesn't necessarily have to be sacked in the first few turns of the match, it can still clean out matches as a win-condition effectively if the match-up is in its favour. you can run jolly > adamant if you prefer the speed tier, but i find the extra damage output to be good. for the next slot, i originally concluded on band azumarill to take off pressure from mega scizor and latios in checking weavile and keldeo respectively as they both don't have reliable recovery, breaking down mega scizor checks was also really nice. having an extra form of priority is beneficial towards offense in dealing with stuff like sand excadrill which proves to be problematic, but manageable nonetheless. despite this, i decided on running bd azumarill due to the sheer amount of set-up opportunities it finds in many match-ups, and cleans many teams nowadays fairly easily. not much else to say about it, azumarill's an excellent choice on offensive builds because of the defensive and offensive utility it provides. aside from thunder wave thundurus, the build overall was looking rather slow and pressured by offensive builds, this meant a solid revenge killer was mandatory. scarf heatran was optimal for functioning as a back-up check to stuff like talonflame variants, charizard-x, mega gardevoir, gengar, lati, etc., while pressuring bulky steels and grasses. as for specific situations, fire blast from heatran helps put keldeo in range of +2 mega scizor's bullet punch which is fantastic for pressuring checks. not only this, but as mainly bulky waters cut momentum from heatran, you can simply double to either thundurus or latios to continue to pressure the opposition.

the team plays fairly straightforward: set rocks and / or break with garchomp early on -> use lures and wallbreakers to your advantage in putting stuff in range -> use speed control to your advantage if required -> find a set-up opportunity and clean with any member that has the best match-up.

there's not much to say about the team in general, specifically in the way most match-ups play out (provided above). although the team puts out immense offensive pressure constantly, it does have slight issues that requires a good thought process to play around; i am mainly referring to 'mons like sand rush excadrill, sd bisharp and mega lopunny. the main way to manage faster attackers like mega lopunny is either keeping chomper fairly healthy, forcing it out through thunder wave, revenge killing it with heatran, or putting it in range of mega scizor or azumarill's respective priority. sd bisharp, while threatening doesn't find set-up opportunities on anything. excadrill can get slightly more annoying and you're forced to play a bit more cautiously around it, but this also comes with pressuring sand teams with belly drum azumarill + sd mega scizor alongside lures, and stalling out turns carefully.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-331309448
| this replay shows how easily it is to put stuff in range of my priority abusers; garchomp breaking down the team early game with azumarill cleaning it out.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-331325245
| portrays how easily fatter builds are pressured, garchomp getting up rocks forced the opponent to waste a turn by defogging which gave me a set-up opportunity and not allowing the opponent to set-up either. eventually found a set-up opportunity with bd azumarill which would have cleaned the game, but put everything in range of np thundurus + lo latios.

i hope you enjoy the build as much as i enjoyed testing new options with it and have a good day! :toast: p.s sorry for being a bit late on this, i had the team made a while ago, but was fairly busy the past few days.
Wow thanks so much for all the effort you put in just to build this team for me i really appreciate it!!
;)

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi, i always loved Dragmag, but i definitly don't arrive to build a decent team on Haxorus, so if one of u wants...
I think this kind of core is pretty well self-explanatory :3

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Hey builders, long time since my last request so here I go! I would like a team based on BirdSpam: Hawlucha+M-Pinsir^^

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Feint
- Close Combat

At +2, you click one button to win with pinsir. Feint for Talonflame and others faster priority users. Hawlucha set is pretty simple, sub then sd for max damage. The corr is destroyed by talon, so a check for it and bulku ground could be good^^

Have fun guys^

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
hi. its been a while since i posted here. but once again i lost my team building skills in an intensely burning sacred
that
was spamming. is it possible for one of yall to help me build a team around this hot dog? conceptually I would like to request that the team is more offensive, oriented around hazard stacking. im not particularly picky in my mega of choice but i do wish that it would either be
or
. i dont think i need a provide a set for entei since.. there's only like one viable set it can run in OU?
Already built this one a while ago. Should be around the 140's or 150's on the archive. Go have a blast (it's Mega Man + Entei btw).

This is more of a proof of concept than anything, but I'd like to see how it turns out.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Icy Wind
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- Gravity / Smack Down
- Swords Dance

I'm looking for a lure team. Not just one or two, but a team in which every member has a lure move. The sets here are just ones that I feel are somewhat synergistic, in that Icy Wind bops TankChomp and Gliscor, while Gravity or Smack Down deal with Skarmory and Rotom-W. The core, in and of itself, is rather simple outside of those lures. You can change the lure moves in these sets however you like, as long as each member has a lure move.

The main teambuilding hurdle I've come across in creating teams like this is trying to maintain prolonged pressure. Once your lure is out, whether it has the intended result or not, should always provide you a leg up in initiative. What I've also discovered is that when every member of your team has a lure move, the 'information game' becomes a lot riskier for you. It's hard enough to keep a veil on one or two lure moves, let alone six. You have to apply pressure through predictions and thorough understanding of the opponent's most optimal switch-ins, otherwise you can show your hand too early, and that can tip the opponent off. If they have an answer that checks you because of a lure move not leaving room for the appropriate coverage or something, you've basically pissed away your information and surprise advantage. As such, it feels to me that a team like this needs lure moves that complement each other, instead of just a random lure per 'mon. I've had loads of trouble trying to figure that out, so I'm bringing it here to see if the teambuilders want to take a crack at it.

Also, if it's not too much to ask, I'd like to ask whoever takes this core to explain their choices in lure moves, and how they're meant to interact with each other in a battle perspective.

Hey guys, just wanna request another core:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Double Calm Mind blue blob core. CM Manaphy beats Mega Sableye, Bisharp, Tyranitar, and other threats to Reuniclus, while Reuniclus walls Mega Manectric and beats Chansey and Ferrothorn.

Mega Altaria + Feraligatr:

Hi, I normally play more Bulky Offense or Hyper Offensive teams. I have wanted to make a team around Feraligatr, but am in a team building lull. So I thought I'd come here for some inspiration! Since you want cores, this is the core that I would love for you guys to build around. Mega Altaria helps to deal with a few things that Feraligatr has some trouble dealing with such as Breloom, Raikou, M-Man, Serperior, and depending on if Fire Blast is used can lure in Scizors and Ferrothorns. Meanwhile Feraligatr can deal with the Steel types (Superpower), and deal out some damage to those pesky bulky ground types.

I hope all this info helps! Looking forward to seeing what team you build! (Hopefully I make the cut!)

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire Blast

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch / Superpower
- Crunch

Hey guys, just wanna request another core:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Double Calm Mind blue blob core. CM Manaphy beats Mega Sableye, Bisharp, Tyranitar, and other threats to Reuniclus, while Reuniclus walls Mega Manectric and beats Chansey and Ferrothorn.
Taking this. Been wanting to use reuniclus for a while.

Hello der mah nam oz......
sorry bout that :p just had to do it.

Aaannnywayzz I have a core of two pokemon these two work really well together and for the most part are really good on my team but I think it would be fun to see something fresh! so without further a do here is my (apple) core

Hawlucha and Mega Metagross

Sets:
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

If you want to know why Hawlucha has baton pass then here is the strategy for it:

here's how it goes: Send in Hawlucha IF the enemy pokemon can one OHKO it then switch out IF NOT then swords dance IF Hawlucha gets hit below 50% then I use acrobatics for most pokemon dew to the loss of the sitrus berry but drain punch is used for when I need extra hp also if the enemy is weak to fighting STAB helps a lot with both attacks IF enemy switches into a threat or can now KO me then baton pass to someone else IF I am hit below 50% then swords dance again. there is more to this strategy but I am a bit lazy and this is really just so you how it works ;)

Last edited:
Hello der mah nam oz......
sorry bout that :p just had to do it.

Aaannnywayzz I have a core of two pokemon these two work really well together and for the most part are really good on my team but I think it would be fun to see something fresh! so without further a do here is my (apple) core

Hawlucha and Mega Metagross

Sets:
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

If you want to know why Hawlucha has baton pass then here is the strategy for it:

here's how it goes: Send in Hawlucha IF the enemy pokemon can one OHKO it then switch out IF NOT then swords dance IF Hawlucha gets hit below 50% then I use acrobatics for most pokemon dew to the loss of the sitrus berry but drain punch is used for when I need extra hp also if the enemy is weak to fighting STAB helps a lot with both attacks IF enemy switches into a threat or can now KO me then baton pass to someone else IF I am hit below 50% then swords dance again. there is more to this strategy but I am a bit lazy and this is really just so you how it works ;)
k

So I had requested a core around mega garde and gliscor some 5-6 pages back which was taken by analytic.But its not in the taken cores anymore.So do I have to request again?

TP Edit: I didn't look that far back, and I just forgot about it, so no need to ask again

Hi everyone, I would like to propose the core of Breloom + Entei for an offensive team. Banded Entei is a mon that is not often used but is actually very potent on offensive teams. I chose to pair it with Breloom because the break down each others checks pretty well and can just do a ton of damage. Entei beats things that annoy Breloom like Skarm, Venusaur, Amoongus, etc. While Breloom massacres things that wall Entei like Hippo, Slowbro, (insert fat water) etc. They also both pack strong priority so they both can sweep after the team is worn down.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Reactions: TPP
Yo matthewc20090

Core:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

First off I just wanted to say that this was a really cool core that you requested. Anyways what I first noticed about the core was how it was weak to a TON of wallbreakers. Most notably hydra,Mega gyara,Hoopa unbound just to name a few. So in order to combat this weakness I went with a defensive special mega altaria in order to handle mega gyarados and hydra. The defensive set not only walls these two huge threaten to the core but also provides heal bell support for the team which is fairly useful with manaphy as your not as pressured to rest when the rains up. Fire blast naturally is to combat mega scizor which otherwise annoys this team to hell and back without fire blast to lure it in. Next i wanted somthing that could check bisharp,excadrill and talonflame considering manaphy is a check but shouldn't be your lone check to it. Hippowdon also takes on electric types such as thundy which is pretty useful. In fact Malt+Hippo ensures that electric types wont trouble this team. Having rocks was also nice. Next I wanted hazard removal and a check to annoying fairy types like gardevoir and mega diancie as well as a way to shut down threats such as clefable which could get out of hand. SpD Skarmory fit this role perfectly as it could also phaze out clefable while checking those annoying fairy types. Defog is also nice so that the team wont be worn down by stuff like hazard stack+Bisharp/Mega medicham and malt really needs to be healthy in order to check keldeo and other stuff like that. Last I wanted to have a way of dealing with hoopa-unbound. Problem is not much really fit this as I was either really weak to hoopa if i went clefable or decently weak to kyurem-b if I went tyranitar. I went with scarf tyranitar at the end of the day because this team can for sure play around kyurem-b thanks to reuniclus's great bulk and hoopa unbound was just the bigger threat overall. Having a way to prevent hazards from being removed is also really nice to have on balance teams like this and the extra speed certainly helps. Things to watch out for include Mega pinsir+Breloom and Kyurem-black.

In case you want to see this team in action I got one replay which I think is decent enough to show the overall effectiveness of this team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-335525062

Hope you enjoy the team!

Hey, I'd like to suggest a core for Mega Manectric and Kyurem-B. Mega Mane can be a very scary swpper with a movepool that scares off tons of things, including Landorus-T (defensive), Garchomp (Tankchomp), Ferrothorn, Slowbro, etc. Also, Mega Mane can speed tie with Mega Lopunny iirc. However, things like Chansey and Hippowdon easily wall Mega Mane, and that is where Kyurem-B comes in. One of the best wallbreakrs in the tier, Kyurem can be scary against any team that opposes it, barring rocks are not up and Breloom/Conkeldurr/MegaLopunny (for non-scarfed Kyurem-B) isn't around. Kyurem does an amazing job at shutting down Chansey and Hippo with LO Outrage and Ice Beam respectively. It also helps take care of Bisharp, Heatran, and Serperior just to name a few Pokemon.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes (for teh lulz)
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

coco-mon.jpe

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Attachments

Hey, I'd like to suggest a core for Mega Manectric and Kyurem-B. Mega Mane can be a very scary swpper with a movepool that scares off tons of things, including Landorus-T (defensive), Garchomp (Tankchomp), Ferrothorn, Slowbro, etc. Also, Mega Mane can speed tie with Mega Lopunny iirc. However, things like Chansey and Hippowdon easily wall Mega Mane, and that is where Kyurem-B comes in. One of the best wallbreakrs in the tier, Kyurem can be scary against any team that opposes it, barring rocks are not up and Breloom/Conkeldurr/MegaLopunny (for non-scarfed Kyurem-B) isn't around. Kyurem does an amazing job at shutting down Chansey and Hippo with LO Outrage and Ice Beam respectively. It also helps take care of Bisharp, Heatran, and Serperior just to name a few Pokemon.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Shiny: Yes (for teh lulz)
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

View attachment 57670
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
Mine

Edit: Punkysaur I have the team, just forgot to post it my bad

Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest
Ability: Light Metal (Before Mega)
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

still not sure if anybody got my team,so just a heads up (balanced rain team,btw)

Yo matthewc20090

Core:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

First off I just wanted to say that this was a really cool core that you requested. Anyways what I first noticed about the core was how it was weak to a TON of wallbreakers. Most notably hydra,Mega gyara,Hoopa unbound just to name a few. So in order to combat this weakness I went with a defensive special mega altaria in order to handle mega gyarados and hydra. The defensive set not only walls these two huge threaten to the core but also provides heal bell support for the team which is fairly useful with manaphy as your not as pressured to rest when the rains up. Fire blast naturally is to combat mega scizor which otherwise annoys this team to hell and back without fire blast to lure it in. Next i wanted somthing that could check bisharp,excadrill and talonflame considering manaphy is a check but shouldn't be your lone check to it. Hippowdon also takes on electric types such as thundy which is pretty useful. In fact Malt+Hippo ensures that electric types wont trouble this team. Having rocks was also nice. Next I wanted hazard removal and a check to annoying fairy types like gardevoir and mega diancie as well as a way to shut down threats such as clefable which could get out of hand. SpD Skarmory fit this role perfectly as it could also phaze out clefable while checking those annoying fairy types. Defog is also nice so that the team wont be worn down by stuff like hazard stack+Bisharp/Mega medicham and malt really needs to be healthy in order to check keldeo and other stuff like that. Last I wanted to have a way of dealing with hoopa-unbound. Problem is not much really fit this as I was either really weak to hoopa if i went clefable or decently weak to kyurem-b if I went tyranitar. I went with scarf tyranitar at the end of the day because this team can for sure play around kyurem-b thanks to reuniclus's great bulk and hoopa unbound was just the bigger threat overall. Having a way to prevent hazards from being removed is also really nice to have on balance teams like this and the extra speed certainly helps. Things to watch out for include Mega pinsir+Breloom and Kyurem-black.

In case you want to see this team in action I got one replay which I think is decent enough to show the overall effectiveness of this team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-335525062

Hope you enjoy the team!
Thanks for the team! I'm gonna playtest with it a bit.

e: Just got 6-0ed by Ice Fang M-Gyarados. Any way to change that?

Thanks for the team! I'm gonna playtest with it a bit.

e: Just got 6-0ed by Ice Fang M-Gyarados. Any way to change that?
It's a threat but its not unbeatable. Alt lives plus one ice fang and ko's if he mega'd so you have to force the mega early on so you can revenge with Altaria. If it's still a problem you can try SubCM Keldeo over Manaphy.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
superninjadillo
Core: Wisp Garde + NP Thundy

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Heart Stamp

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Ok so I made a team a few pages back really similar to this team but I promise it's still good nonetheless. I really like this core because it does an excellent job at breaking down fat teams and doing that on offense is absolutely mandatory. Regardless, Thundy and Garde do their thing, with Wisp being cool to lure in and cripple Scizors and Rachis that like to switch into Garde. The first thing I added was Scarf Keldeo because I wanted a mon with speed, decent power, and the ability to check Bisharp, which was problematic for the original core, especially since Thundy doesn't have T Wave. Then, I added Lando because rocks are cool and I hate Excadrill. U-Turn lets Lando pivot around since I don't really think SD is mandatory. Yache Berry because fuck Electrics. I then added Scarf Rachi because fuck fairies and I wanted a Healing Wish user. Dual Scarf is also highly underrated because if one goes down you still have the other to revenge kill stuff. Heart Stamp because fuck Venu. Lastly I wanted a reliable switch in to Keldeo and I didn't want the team to lose to Keldeo + TTar so I went with Lum Azu because it's a great switch in to Keldeo and Scald can go fuck itself because it's broken. the EVs outspeed Skarmory so you can flinch / kill it before it Roosts. More can be run for Mandi but that's not /too/ important.

If you face a Zard Y prepare to play hella aggressive because letting it come in for free means that one of your mons die. Bisharp is kind of an issue but if worst comes to worst HW Keldeo or Wisp it with Garde to keep it in check (watch out for Lum tho). Other than that I haven't found any glaring weaknesses.

I have a few replays showcasing the team's effectiveness so here you go:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-335638532
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-134697

Have fun with the team.

Super super new to this but could anyone please help me build any team with
or
and

also any explanation of how to use said team would be such a big help; i'm only just now trying to get into and understand comp pokemon ;-;

Hi everyone. I wanted to propose an offensive core of Choice Band Terrakion + Hoopa-Unbound. Banded Terrakion is an incredibly powerful Pokemon capable of 2HKO'ing almost the entire metagame. What Terrakion can't effectively deal with, Hoopa-U takes care of. Namely, Mega-Venusaur and bulky psychic types such as Celebi and Slowbro. In addition, Hoopa-U serves as another powerful attacker that can dish out huge amounts of damage to many different Pokemon.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic

p2

Banned deucer.
Hi everyone. I wanted to propose an offensive core of Choice Band Terrakion + Hoopa-Unbound. Banded Terrakion is an incredibly powerful Pokemon capable of 2HKO'ing almost the entire metagame. What Terrakion can't effectively deal with, Hoopa-U takes care of. Namely, Mega-Venusaur and bulky psychic types such as Celebi and Slowbro. In addition, Hoopa-U serves as another powerful attacker that can dish out huge amounts of damage to many different Pokemon.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic
nice to see another jynx around here
taking this

btw im probably gonna change hoopa to cb tho because i dont think lo is that good but we'll see what happens

omgitsquon

Core: Mega Mane + Hoopa + Lando T

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Heart Stamp

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

So here's the team. As I said in my original post, I changed some sets around so I could make a better team. CB Hoopa is a nightmare for balance to face because Hyperspace Fury pretty much 2HKOes every non resist in the tier, while also avoiding contact with Tankchomp. I went with the standard coverage with Zen Headbutt in the last slot in order to hit Mega Venu and Amoonguss for Keldeo and Azu. Lando is the the rocker of the team. Yache Berry enables it to actually check Electric types and KO them while they stay in and HP Ice you thinking that you'll die. Lando also prevents the team from being steamrolled by Excadrill alongside Azu. SD Smackdown lures in and takes care of Rotom and Skarmory that will switch in thinking that they're safe from harm, which helps Azu tremendously. Mega Mane Does What Mega Mane Does. RestTalk Keldeo is here to take on Darkspam while also being an annoyance with LO boosted Scalds. Also is a great Sleep Absorber for Loom and Amoonguss. Scarf Rachi is here to check Fairies while also being a good switch in to Latis and Co. Most importantly, it clinches games with its flinch hax and it also has Healing Wish to give a teammate a second chance, which can be crucial late game. Finally, Lum Azu was added to actually have a Keldeo switch in while also giving the team priority and Knock Off.

Threats to this team are random low ladder gimmicks and fast Electric types should Lando go down. Loom can also be problematic if Sleep Talk rolls are not in your favor. Good luck with the team.

s/o to Nedor & Costi for the help.
I got destroyed by a lead galvantula sticky web team with this team due to no way of removing hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)