Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i do that?
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

This is a set that is common when Altaria is being used, but I don't think anyone will take just this so add a partner for it. (think something that can kill steel types for Altaria to sweep with Dragon Dance

back at it again with another request cuz i suck at teambuilding
View attachment 60324
Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
View attachment 60325
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

staraptor is pretty cool with double edge and brave bird doing lots of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. magnezone is an obvious partner, trapping ferrothorn, skarm, jirachi, etc. would like a hyper offense, but balance is fine. thx in advance
Staraptor runs Final Gambit specifically for Skarmory, but with Magnezone, you already handle Skarmory. You may want to run Close Combat instead to OHKO Tyranitar, who would otherwise give Staraptor trouble.

Also, just so you are aware, Staraptor functions optimally when paired with another offensive Flying-type, like Tornadus, Talonflame, or Mega Pinsir, as otherwise Staraptor has little reason to be used, given that most checks to these mons are pummeled right through with Staraptor.

Well, since Hoopa-U got banned,my last request was null and void. I'm requesting a team based around Starmie + Mega Pinsir.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Return

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Well, Swords Dance Mega Pinsir has the power to wreck Starmie's checks such as Celebi, Amoonguss and Kyurem-B while having a decently powerful Quick Attack to pick off weakened foes. Starmie is added to the core to get rid of Stealth Rocks while being able to scare out Garchomp, Lando-T, Skarmory and Slowbro which are annoying for Mega Pinsir. It also outspeeds and OHKOes Thundurus which is very nice for this team.

etc

This is not really a request for these three Pokemon as much as it is a request for a rain team that doesn't use any one of Kingdra, Kabutops or Mega Swampert. This means that you can be as creative as you like; you could use some of these three, you could use something crazy like Beartic or Armaldo or Qwilfish or just about anything short of Swift Swim Magikarp. Get Creative. Be Original.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Nice BW core, but i can not build a decent Trick Room team with it, so if someone here can...
Feel free to change the sets, i just stole those which were in the Strategidex lol :)

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Those pokemon make a real good core, in fact, Houndoom is a pretty good stallbreaker, and with nastyplot he can break a lot of mon. Toxicroak works really well with Houndoom-Mega, he can check very well Keldeo and Azumarill, can beat some fairy like Clefable, and beat Tyranitar wich counter Houndoom really well. Anyway it's pretty difficult to make a team around them, but I really want to play this core, so I ask one of you to make something with this core pretty cool.
Have fun !

I like to request this core. :]
+

I think this core can work out really well. Of course i hadn't had that much time to test this core out, but on paper it looks good.
First of all, Volcanion can beat steel types such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc. Volcanion can also beat ground types that Diancie may have trouble with unless the ground type is faster than Volcanion. Also Volcanion can sponge any water type moves that Diancie doesn't like to take.
Diancie can beat dragons types that Volcanion may have hard time beating. Also Diancie maybe can help out by not letting spikes or rocks get up on the field so Volcanion won't have to take damage when it comes in. There might be other benefits with this core but i can't think of them at this minute.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Grass]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power
- Protect

Free feel to change any move sets, evs spread, or items.
Earth Power on Volcanion is for opposing Volcanions.

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 220 SpA / 232 Spe (This is the spread from the UU analysis as regular Kyurem doesn't have an OU one, so feel free to change it if you want)
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Toxic / Earth Power

A bit of a weird request, but I want a balanced team made around regular Kyurem. No, not Kyu-B, regular Kyurem. Regular Kyurem's niche is in it's ability Pressure, which coupled with recovery in Roost and decent speed for a Substitute user, makes Kyurem an effective PP staller, stalling out moves like Gyro Ball or Stone Edge from mons like Ferrothorn. Kyurem also can make 101 HP Substitutes, which makes him stall out Chansey of all things! Kyurem is mostly outclassed by Kyurem-Black however, as Kyu-B has coverage in Fusion Bolt and better attacking prowess than regular Kyurem, but Kyurem still has a niche, a small one, but a cool one at that. Good luck buillding with this mon, and thanks in advance builders!

Been a long time since I made a request and been out of the meta for a few months. Was hoping to build a starter team around a core with Mega Gardevoir and Weavile. Weavile can help remove several Pokemon that wall Megavoir like Jirachi and Mega Metagross while Mega Gardevoir can handle threats like Keldeo. Of course I dunno how much the meta has changed so maybe this isn't a good pair anymore. If so I'm more just wanting a team built around Mega Gardevoir. Sorry if the request is rather simple.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

So, with this Volcanion nigga new to the hood, I was interested in seeing how he do on a sand squad with TTar and Excadrill:

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

These 3 seem to work nicely together, with Volcanion switching in on Will-O-Wisps and Water attacks aimed at Tar and Exca and firing off Specs-boosted attacks. Tar sets up Sand, Rocks, and has Pursuit to ice the Latis. Volc can dent bulky waters with HP Grass and smoke fools like Skarm and Ferro that can come in on Tar and Exca, the latter of which can clean up the other gang once Volc has punched holes. Feel free to change the sets (especially on Volcanion, since I'm not 100% sure what to run on him).

Thanks again homies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Builders are starting a new thread after the result of Hoopa-U. Any cores that have been requested or asked are considered not part of the new thread. Rule of thumb don't be greedy about asking for teams and make sure the core isn't absolute dong. Not to call anyone out but the whole "be creative" like the rain one up above is not gonna really appeal to the builders. Also if the core you asked for wasn't taken consider it dropped and please don't ask for it again. Locking.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello lunasena pretty underrated threat imo, i start the team with a standar but usefull partner which is Bisharp; Lum Berry as item because i dont have knock on my Gallade simply because between both lures checks for both, with lum bish you deal with slowbro and mew that otherwise completly counter gallade. Next i wanna bait and lure birds thats why i choose Tbolt CM Clef, Talon and skarmory are the immediate switch ins to clef which both gives trouble to Gallade and Sharp but you are able to lure them with Tbolt and let a freeway for the initials mons. After that the teams was looking a bit weak to physical attackers so i just threw a lando there with rocks giving me momentum as well. I needed a reliable speed control and another bisharp check so Scarf Keldeo was the perfect more there. And last the glue and support of the team and another water resist now that we live in a Volcanion Spam; Latias with HW support to complement the whole squad. Hope you enjoy and im glad to say that this is the last team for this thread. Enjoy!
Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)