Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Mega Manectric @ Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Overheat/Flamethrower, Hidden Power Ice - 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def, Timid Nature

+ Weavile @ Knock Off, Low Kick, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard/Pursuit w. Life Orb - 252 Atk, 4 SDef, 252 Speed Jolly Nature
taking

BigEZ_6565 sorry for taking so long ill try to post the team sometime this weekend

I feel theres a ton of balance squads that arent properly prepared for NP+3 attacks thundy atm, so I would like a team around it (preferably HO). Not gonna restrict the builder to a specific partner but maybe bandtar cuz it pressures venu/megalati and is just really good rn. Have a great day :]
Thundurus @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Flying/Focus Blast/Psychic

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I've been wanting to use this set of mega pidgeot. Tho i've tried to build some but recently doesnt not have much time to finish them off so that would be cool if some of yours can help me build one

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Refresh
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Since some popular checks and counters of this set of pidgeot: ttar, rotom-w, metagross (AV/mega) and Jirachi, this tank chomp with toxic might help weaken those checks and counters for pidgeot to win in late game.

its okay if u change chomp to something else, but this pid set is my main request. Thank you:heart:

ps: would be even cooler if AM can help me build, i've seen some AM's builds lately and I like them
I'm a busy boy lately but if I have time maybe I'll do this. Any other builder is free to officially take it though. Whether or not they take it I'll probably just make one build for shits and giggles.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Altaria + Volcarona

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Volcarona @ Lum Berry / Coba Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe or 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz / Hidden Power Rock

I've been playing with Altaria a ton recently especially considering many people are on the "Altaria sucks" train right now. While sure, it's not the greatest mon in the meta right now, it's still a threatening force to be reckoned with, especially after a DD. Altaria and Volcarona have phenomenal offensive synergy with each other, as Altaria helps defeat some of Volcarona's main threats, such as Heatran which it disposes of easily with Earthquake, while Volcarona takes care of annoying steel types for Altaria. And with both being set-up sweepers, the opposing team has to put a lot of pressure on the core to prevent either mon from setting up and winning.

I would prefer a bulky offense build for these two, and I do not mind if you change the Altaria set to Defensive DD as long as it remains DD to stick with the dual-setup part of the core that I appreciate, and the Volc set is pretty standard. Although the core kind of struggles with Talon, so I would not mind at all if you used Coba Berry + HP Rock Volc to make it easier, as I've tried building with these two, but I always tend to find really glaring holes in my builds that I can't seem to patch up well. Although someone more experienced with teambuilding can certainly pick it up and do some work with it, and that way we can still prove that Altaria is effective in this metagame, cheers! n_n

Last edited:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Splash Plate
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

I just want some nice offense with this core. Since I'm lazy, I'll link BlazeLatias' explanation of how the core works http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-48#post-1186

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

I feel theres a ton of balance squads that arent properly prepared for NP+3 attacks thundy atm, so I would like a team around it (preferably HO). Not gonna restrict the builder to a specific partner but maybe bandtar cuz it pressures venu/megalati and is just really good rn. Have a great day :]
Thundurus @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
Yeah no idea wtf is up with all the slashes but I'll take this.
Mega Altaria + Volcarona

Altaria @ Altarianite
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

I've been playing with Altaria a ton recently especially considering many people are on the "Altaria sucks" train right now. While sure, it's not the greatest mon in the meta right now, it's still a threatening force to be reckoned with, especially after a DD. Altaria and Volcarona have phenomenal offensive synergy with each other, as Altaria helps defeat some of Volcarona's main threats, such as Heatran which it disposes of easily with Earthquake, while Volcarona takes care of annoying steel types for Altaria. And with both being set-up sweepers, the opposing team has to put a lot of pressure on the core to prevent either mon from setting up and winning.

I would prefer a bulky offense build for these two, and I do not mind if you change the Altaria set to Defensive DD as long as it remains DD to stick with the dual-setup part of the core that I appreciate, and the Volc set is pretty standard. Although the core kind of struggles with Talon, so I would not mind at all if you used Coba Berry + HP Rock Volc to make it easier, as I've tried building with these two, but I always tend to find really glaring holes in my builds that I can't seem to patch up well. Although someone more experienced with teambuilding can certainly pick it up and do some work with it, and that way we can still prove that Altaria is effective in this metagame, cheers! n_n
Okie dokie

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
BigEZ_6565

Core:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 140 HP / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

Hydrei is a decent balance breaker, I went with roost over flash cannon because i think bisharp is a harder to beat the clef but if you really dont like clef then flash cannon is fine. Azu is a monster there a very few switch ins to banded azu, max attack with enough speed to be faster then skarm with the rest of the evs going into hp. Heatran is max speed because imo thats the best set right now, im not sure what the hp evs are for since its not my spread but i like it gives it decent bulk and magma storm still does good damage to stuff like keldeo, heatran is your main way of dealing with clef so try no to get it para'd. Zam gives you some nice speed and more breaking power, protect is so lop doesnt annoy the shit outta you. Tangrowth gives you a good special sponge and also a mon with knock off so thats nice, Rock Slide over a hidden power because luring talonflame and tornadus is good for this team since tran is the flying resist and gets overloaded pretty easily. 3 attacks defog lati rounds out the team giving you a way to remove hazards and a backup keldeo check if tang dies, surf is for getting chip damage on chople ttar so focus blast from zam can ko it. Overall this is a decent bulky offense team its a bit weak to your standard breakers like kyub, also if hoopa ends up not getting banned i would suggest using signal beam on zam so you can ohko it.

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
JohnYiu

Core:

/
or

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Work Up
- Refresh

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 88 HP / 240 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Slowbro @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room
I don't think Work Up Pidgeot is good in this metagame. If you're gonna use a set you'll probably be better off running Work Up with HP Ground as your coverage move or just a simple U-Turn variant. I made Chomp a bit more offensive in regards to tank chomp so you're not a complete liability to Clefable. Serves the same functions Tankchomp usually does just slightly less bulk. Stall-breaker Heatran supplements in breaking down defensive cores while providing the team a lati switch in nothing much else. Focus Punch Loom seemed good to pressure TTar, some grounds, defensive waters, along with the utility of Spore. Helps put a dent in switch ins like Latis as well. I kind of wanted to use band tar but team was too bird weak so I went with scarf. I think you know what it does at this point and scarftar paired with Slowbro and Breloom is always great. Team is a bit weak to offense and Keldeo, Medicham, and Lopunny and I didn't think a passive Slowbro set was gonna cut it so OTR felt right here. This sort of furthers the point of U-Turn Pidgeot to get some of these guys in more easily like U-Turning on a TTar to get Loom in or on a Raikou to get TTar in. HP Ground can give you a better matchup against some electrics like Manectric before prevo, Raikou, and cleans out Heatran. Teams a bit weak to Weavile and the water slot is interchangeable with something like Keldeo or Suicune. Scarf Keld is an option there you just lose a good amount of defensive utility and change your weakness and strengths. Pidgeot is pretty dong but yeah enjoy and feel to build off of this.

CrystalRam

Core:

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
This core was super draining lol and was asking for waaaaaay too much to make it effective / worthwhile. M-Altaria isn't bad but having these two together means you need to account for so many things, relevant mind you, and honestly if I was making a team on my own free time I wouldn't pair them together. HP Rock Coba Volcarona is a stupid as hell lure btw which makes Volcarona less effective as a whole to lure TFlame when there's much better means to put the hurt on it. I went with 3 attacks / DDance M-Alt with Outrage to break TFlame after a DDance. I guess everything is pretty standard just to cover the meta and to supplement the core itself. CM/ Twave Celebi helps a bit with sand while catching Torn-T and Talonflame with Thunder Wave to supplement the team a bit better. Gives you another win con. Yeah Volcarona + M-Alt is asking for a lot I'd pick one or the other next time they don't really supplement each other as well as you think. Enjoy.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
JohnYiu

Core:

/
or

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Work Up
- Refresh

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 88 HP / 240 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Slowbro @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room
I don't think Work Up Pidgeot is good in this metagame. If you're gonna use a set you'll probably be better off running Work Up with HP Ground as your coverage move or just a simple U-Turn variant. I made Chomp a bit more offensive in regards to tank chomp so you're not a complete liability to Clefable. Serves the same functions Tankchomp usually does just slightly less bulk. Stall-breaker Heatran supplements in breaking down defensive cores while providing the team a lati switch in nothing much else. Focus Punch Loom seemed good to pressure TTar, some grounds, defensive waters, along with the utility of Spore. Helps put a dent in switch ins like Latis as well. I kind of wanted to use band tar but team was too bird weak so I went with scarf. I think you know what it does at this point and scarftar paired with Slowbro and Breloom is always great. Team is a bit weak to offense and Keldeo, Medicham, and Lopunny and I didn't think a passive Slowbro set was gonna cut it so OTR felt right here. This sort of furthers the point of U-Turn Pidgeot to get some of these guys in more easily like U-Turning on a TTar to get Loom in or on a Raikou to get TTar in. HP Ground can give you a better matchup against some electrics like Manectric before prevo, Raikou, and cleans out Heatran. Teams a bit weak to Weavile and the water slot is interchangeable with something like Keldeo or Suicune. Scarf Keld is an option there you just lose a good amount of defensive utility and change your weakness and strengths. Pidgeot is pretty dong but yeah enjoy and feel to build off of this.

CrystalRam

Core:

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
This core was super draining lol and was asking for waaaaaay too much to make it effective / worthwhile. M-Altaria isn't bad but having these two together means you need to account for so many things, relevant mind you, and honestly if I was making a team on my own free time I wouldn't pair them together. HP Rock Coba Volcarona is a stupid as hell lure btw which makes Volcarona less effective as a whole to lure TFlame when there's much better means to put the hurt on it. I went with 3 attacks / DDance M-Alt with Outrage to break TFlame after a DDance. I guess everything is pretty standard just to cover the meta and to supplement the core itself. CM/ Twave Celebi helps a bit with sand while catching Torn-T and Talonflame with Thunder Wave to supplement the team a bit better. Gives you another win con. Yeah Volcarona + M-Alt is asking for a lot I'd pick one or the other next time they don't really supplement each other as well as you think. Enjoy.
Yeah at second glance the core is pretty restrictive as it seems to necessitate a lot more support to function than you would probably want, but hey you did a great job with it; the team's hot, man, thanks so much!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello SiR Paladin and Paraplegic i took both cores and make one team, simply because both cores works nice together, i mean Scep + Gyara + Tar. I change a bit the Gyara set but you can alway go with Lum insted and Taunt/EQ last slot, i personally think this set is better for the team because is a bit annoyed by Ferro so Gyara always bait one of those, also is my way to check Scizor in case get out of hands. Next i decided to add Speed control and hazard control in Excadrill, as my team is a bit weak to fairies AV makes a lot of sense as item to check them better. The 5th member is pretty crucial as its my rocker and my pivot, rocky helmet to cheap damage on physical attacker and revenge them later with Scep. And last HP Fire Latios, I know i have fire on Gyara en Scep but trust me HP Fire latios is really good on this team, its m secon water resist and a Serperior check without DPulse. The team works really well but you guys need to put pressure and be agressive, the team is really annoyed by Sable so if you see 1 lead with latios or Scep. Enjoy!
Gyarados @ Watmel Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 8 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasup ! BrandonBeast pretty nice mon at the moment to build around, as Hoopa is being suspected, the problem with this set is bulky grass types, that's why Mega Diancie is part of the team, the ability to easy bait out Ferro and weakened with HP fire combined with AV Tornadus-t to deal with Mega Venu or another bulky grass types forms a solid offensive and bulky core. With 1 solid fire resist and another good overall i decided to go with doble grass types, Celebi is here to check most physical attackers and slow them down with T-wave, as well to check opposing Exca, the hazard core is complete with Spikes Ferro. Iron Head on Ferro + t-wave on Celebi is to deal with CM Clef, Ferro also helps checking another fairies and Kyub which could be an issue. And last my electric resist and revenge killer + access to rapid spin and a second fairy check, its name is Excadrill. The team is a good example of bulky offense more centralized on dealing residual and passive damage. Hope you enjoy and gl.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain / Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- U-turn / Baton Pass / Healing Wish

AM

LCPL Champion
Me and ur mom

Core:

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Focus Blast
I think you gave the 3 attacks / Nasty Plot set way too much credit in your post and this seems like a team that would benefit Thunder Wave, Grass Knot, or Taunt more fyi. You wanted HO so Idk I just gave you the usual HO archetype of 6 goons that are easy to slap on and requires no real thought process, think HO sucks anyways due to the necessity of making a bunch of guessing games at times for the supposed greater good. 3 attacks Life Orb Azelf to pressure anti-leads such as Sableye and M-Diancie a bit more, Volt Switch Thundurus to grab momentum and get your sweepers in more easily. SD Bisharp, SD M-Scizor and DDance Zygarde provide the team its main win cons as most times you're really not setting up NP on Thundurus although it can be good if they're not expecting it. I think HP Ice is more useful because the team is annoying by grounds more than the grasses like M-Venusaur and Amoonguss. I guess that's up to interpretation to but idk being annoyed by Chomp and Lando-T is the last thing I want my Thundurus to be doing as well. Focus Blast Keld to pressure defensive waters like Suicune that annoy the team. Team has a weakness to Char-X to play carefully around that and consider Thunder Wave on Thundurus to offset it slightly. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hello SiR Paladin and Paraplegic i took both cores and make one team, simply because both cores works nice together, i mean Scep + Gyara + Tar. I change a bit the Gyara set but you can alway go with Lum insted and Taunt/EQ last slot, i personally think this set is better for the team because is a bit annoyed by Ferro so Gyara always bait one of those, also is my way to check Scizor in case get out of hands. Next i decided to add Speed control and hazard control in Excadrill, as my team is a bit weak to fairies AV makes a lot of sense as item to check them better. The 5th member is pretty crucial as its my rocker and my pivot, rocky helmet to cheap damage on physical attacker and revenge them later with Scep. And last HP Fire Latios, I know i have fire on Gyara en Scep but trust me HP Fire latios is really good on this team, its m secon water resist and a Serperior check without DPulse. The team works really well but you guys need to put pressure and be agressive, the team is really annoyed by Sable so if you see 1 lead with latios or Scep. Enjoy!
Gyarados @ Watmel Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift

Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Wasup ! BrandonBeast pretty nice mon at the moment to build around, as Hoopa is being suspected, the problem with this set is bulky grass types, that's why Mega Diancie is part of the team, the ability to easy bait out Ferro and weakened with HP fire combined with AV Tornadus-t to deal with Mega Venu or another bulky grass types forms a solid offensive and bulky core. With 1 solid fire resist and another good overall i decided to go with doble grass types, Celebi is here to check most physical attackers and slow them down with T-wave, as well to check opposing Exca, the hazard core is complete with Spikes Ferro. Iron Head on Ferro + t-wave on Celebi is to deal with CM Clef, Ferro also helps checking another fairies and Kyub which could be an issue. And last my electric resist and revenge killer + access to rapid spin and a second fairy check, its name is Excadrill. The team is a good example of bulky offense more centralized on dealing residual and passive damage. Hope you enjoy and gl.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain / Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
Ty! It works really well! n_n

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Gyarados @ Watmel Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift

Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain / Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
Thanks DennisEG for the awesome team! It works really well on ladder and I'm glad to say that I've demolished some stall teams with CM Manaphy! :)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Disclaimer: This core is hard to build around, so only take it if you want a challenge

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
This is a core I've been trying to build around recently and have been having some trouble with. Basically volc bodies fat grass types that annoy gyara like among and ferro while gyara beats waters and rock types that anoy volc. Both mons can boost up and sweep tons of teams at +1 (or +2 vs certain teams) and are really threatening, so I'm interested in seeing a good team around these two. Obviously reliable hazard control is a need for this core to do well, hazards can help weaken mons that otherwise beat one of these mons individually, mons like tang and cele could help finish off the core and mend its weakness to offensive waters like keld and azu (although volc can still lure them with passho). Aside from that, I can't think of much[/hide]

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hello all, if you can help, i'd like an updated team centered around Mega-Gallade. I know this may be hard to do with much faster things running around that can stop its plans quite early and easily, common stall mons like Quag, Sab, and Bro, and even Mega-Cham that may do what it does better with prio, but still, ive always liked Mega-Gallade and its cool look. Of course, the set can be changed around a bit to suit your needs but any team with Gallade-Mega should be fine should you not use Ferrothorn. That's pretty much my only condition aside from use Gallade. I dont like usin Ferro, sorry its weird. Thank you for accepting if you do!

So, I haven't seen anyone request a team built around a core consisting of Glalie (at least my search through the archive didn't show me anything) so I thought I would request one.

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Naughty Nature
- Explosion
- Double-Edge/Return
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry/Ice Shard

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

M-Glalie is the big wallbreaker, going for taking out big chunks of the opposing hp bars. Nothing special about the set, though you're free to choose between Double Edge/Return and Freeze-Dry/Ice Shard. Freeze-Dry would obviously help to get rid of those Water-types that hurt Talonflame and Double Edge would simply give more raw power over its alternative.

Talonflame has a few things going for it. First off, it takes care of steel-types quite nicely. It also is a strong sweeper, allowing it to use Glalie's wallbreaking effectively and finally it's a really strong Pokemon.

I would prefer to have the team built as offensively as possible, but if you think it's not going to work feel free to try something else.
Been 2 weeks now, so I'm simply gonna post this again.

Wildcat Formation

flexibly adaptable to the situation
is a Tiering Contributor

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

It's been a while since I've seen a good Diggersby team. I think Jolly is the better nature currently as it outspeeds Timid Heatran and Adamant base 80s. Offensive Lando-T has to run at least max speed Adamant to outspeed Jolly Diggersby, which isn't common. The drop in power isn't too bad because it still 2HKOes Unaware Clef and has a 95% chance to 2HKO Quagsire. I don't have a specific partner since Diggersby teams tend to be linear; Magnezone, Azumarill, or M-Pinsir are obvious partners.

Yeah no idea wtf is up with all the slashes but I'll take this.

Okie dokie
Mega Altaria + Volcarona

Altaria @ Altarianite
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Hello, if I can suggest some sets :

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Earthquake / Fire Blast

This M-Alt can easily lure Talonflame, Charizard-Y and Heatran on a switch-in if you playing Earthquake.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry / Passho Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Ground] / Bug Buzz

Speed for Modest Scarf Keldeo.
Passho for set up even if the opponent keep Azu / Fera / Gyara...

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Offensive Trick Room Cofagrigus Balance

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

This is a really cool Pokemon I have wanted to build around forever but I never really seem to build a good enough team to actually use. I opted for Hidden Power Fighting > Will-o-Wisp because I feel that being able to achieve a sweep easier would put Cofagrigus into a position of being much more useful.
edit: I don't want the team to be full Trick Room.

I have a request for a team built around mega slowbro and one built around mega altaria. If i can only do one at a time idc which one you decide to take on lol. im quite new to all this and im pretty bad at TBing so yeah... thanks!

back at it again with another request cuz i suck at teambuilding
upload_2016-4-14_10-53-43.jpeg

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
upload_2016-4-14_11-2-19.jpeg

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

staraptor is pretty cool with double edge and brave bird doing lots of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. magnezone is an obvious partner, trapping ferrothorn, skarm, jirachi, etc. would like a hyper offense, but balance is fine. thx in advance

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hello all, if you can help, i'd like an updated team centered around Mega-Gallade. I know this may be hard to do with much faster things running around that can stop its plans quite early and easily, common stall mons like Quag, Sab, and Bro, and even Mega-Cham that may do what it does better with prio, but still, ive always liked Mega-Gallade and its cool look. Of course, the set can be changed around a bit to suit your needs but any team with Gallade-Mega should be fine should you not use Ferrothorn. That's pretty much my only condition aside from use Gallade. I dont like usin Ferro, sorry its weird. Thank you for accepting if you do!
Taking this 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)