1v1 Resources Thread

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
what's the EVs for?

edit: consider Metal Burst maybe over SD? Though I guess SD M-maw just SD -> win.
The EVs allow it to outspeed Chansey and Conkeldurr, so it can get the jump on Swords Dance against Chansey.

Max Attack allows it to KO Mega Aggron at +2 with Earthquake.

Deoxys-Speed from Unranked>D [C may be debatable]

Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/HP
- Ice Beam
- Trick​
While Deoxys-S isn't too viable, it has some use. Psycho boost can KO mons that are weak to psychic easily. With modest, it can outspeed choiced base 90 pokemon [though if they have a nature that gives a speed boost like timid, it will be a speed tie] and if it has timid, it will be able to outspeed choiced base 100 pokemon, even if they have a speed-benefiting nature. With trick, it can stop FEAR, STALL, and status. However, it is doomed if it faces a pokemon that resists psycho boost, as it's other attacks are not strong enough to cause ko's.

Notable checks: Almost anything that resists psycho boost, most pokemon with sturdy, Kyurem-Black, Sableye-Mega, Aggorn-Mega, Etc.
Notable counters: Venusaur-Mega, FEAR, Stall, Status, Loupuny-Mega, Etc.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Deoxys-Speed from Unranked>D [C may be debatable]

Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Specs
Modest/Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/HP
- Ice Beam
- Trick​
While Deoxys-S isn't too viable, it has some use. Psycho boost can KO mons that are weak to psychic easily. With modest, it can outspeed choiced base 90 pokemon [though if they have a nature that gives a speed boost like timid, it will be a speed tie] and if it has timid, it will be able to outspeed choiced base 100 pokemon, even if they have a speed-benefiting nature. With trick, it can stop FEAR, STALL, and status. However, it is doomed if it faces a pokemon that resists psycho boost, as it's other attacks are not strong enough to cause ko's.

Notable checks: Almost anything that resists psycho boost, most pokemon with sturdy, Kyurem-Black, Sableye-Mega, Aggorn-Mega, Etc.
Notable counters: Venusaur-Mega, FEAR, Stall, Status, Loupuny-Mega, Etc.
By counters, do you mean things deo-s defeats? Because it doesn't come off that way, just to let you know

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
If Deoxys-S is ever going to get D/C rank, it would need a gimmick like what Aron and Riolu have, which it indeed does.

(Not including sprite because smogon nub)

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Recover

This Deoxys-Speed set sports no attacks simply because it doesn't need to, it just outspeeds pretty much everything and pp stalls them to death with Protect and Substitute spamming, sporting Taunt or Toxic which both allow it to stall down opposing stall-oriented Pokemon, or various other threats.

Notable things that beat it: Mawile-Mega (Just enough pp between Play Rough and Iron Head to outlast its pp stall), Gyarados-Mega, Charizard-Mega-X, Dragonite(Dragon Dance), Gardevoir-Mega(Sound), Meloetta(Sound), Pinsir-Mega, Rhyperior, Oblivious Slowbro (unless you have Toxic and they don't have Rest), Whimsicott, and various B/C/D ranks.
Notable things it beats: Chansey, Kyurem-Black, Porygon-Z(if no Uproar), Deoxys-Defense, Garchomp, Greninja, Porygon2, Togekiss, and various B/C/D ranks.

Regice and Regirock for D rank from Unranked

Regice @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Seismic Toss
- Defense Curl(PP Stall)/Filler
Regice is meant for special attackers and needs heavy prediction to use. Can beat all toxic stallers and special attackers.

Goes well with Regirock to counter physical attackers. Slowbro with max Defence also works well as a support. Rest is one of the key aspects of this set since toxic stall or burn stall will be hard to break without it. Amnesia first move to survive 2 hit ko moves followed by rest if dangerous.
Beats Mega Charizard Y, Genesect (Special), Gardevoir-Mega, Meloetta, Umbreon among the man stallers and attackers. Also beats sableye-mega if calm mind set.
Loses to all physical attackers such as Mega Charizard X, Mawille Mega, Gyarados Mega. Ghost types also can outstall this set if they have high pp moves.

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Counter/Filler
- Seismic Toss

Regirock is the perfect support for Regice due to the high defence to beat physical attackers but also faces problems with Kyurem since there is no counter for ice beam.
Loses to Mega Charizard Y, Genesect (Special), Gardevoir-Mega, Meloetta
Beats Mega Charizard X, Mawille Mega, Gyarados Mega although ghost are hard to say.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Regice and Regirock for D rank from Unranked

Regice @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Seismic Toss
- Defense Curl(PP Stall)/Filler
Regice is meant for special attackers and needs heavy prediction to use. Can beat all toxic stallers and special attackers.

Goes well with Regirock to counter physical attackers. Slowbro with max Defence also works well as a support. Rest is one of the key aspects of this set since toxic stall or burn stall will be hard to break without it. Amnesia first move to survive 2 hit ko moves followed by rest if dangerous.
Beats Mega Charizard Y, Genesect (Special), Gardevoir-Mega, Meloetta, Umbreon among the man stallers and attackers. Also beats sableye-mega if calm mind set.
Loses to all physical attackers such as Mega Charizard X, Mawille Mega, Gyarados Mega. Ghost types also can outstall this set if they have high pp moves.

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Counter/Filler
- Seismic Toss

Regirock is the perfect support for Regice due to the high defence to beat physical attackers but also faces problems with Kyurem since there is no counter for ice beam.
Loses to Mega Charizard Y, Genesect (Special), Gardevoir-Mega, Meloetta
Beats Mega Charizard X, Mawille Mega, Gyarados Mega although ghost are hard to say.
First of all Regice doesn't beat all special attackers. In particular it doesn't beat Zard Y or Specs Meloetta. Regirock also doesn't beat Mega Mawile all the time, as crits/flinches exist. Rest w/o Sleep Talk is asking to get set up on. The sets are also hardwalled by Ghost-types such as Aegislash or Gengar. Taunt also screws both sets, particularly special attackers with Taunt although Taunt DD MGyar works too. Regirock and Regice just aren't that good tbh. Swampert, Deo-D, Aggron (and its mega), and Mega Sableye are all better at the whole defensive set up/countercoat thing imo.

Some calcs to show how Regice in particular is bad as it loses to two of the most common special attackers:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regice in Sun: 368-434 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Regice: 193-228 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If Deoxys-S is ever going to get D/C rank, it would need a gimmick like what Aron and Riolu have, which it indeed does.

(Not including sprite because smogon nub)

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Recover

This Deoxys-Speed set sports no attacks simply because it doesn't need to, it just outspeeds pretty much everything and pp stalls them to death with Protect and Substitute spamming, sporting Taunt or Toxic which both allow it to stall down opposing stall-oriented Pokemon, or various other threats.

Notable things that beat it: Mawile-Mega (Just enough pp between Play Rough and Iron Head to outlast its pp stall), Gyarados-Mega, Charizard-Mega-X, Dragonite(Dragon Dance), Gardevoir-Mega(Sound), Meloetta(Sound), Pinsir-Mega, Rhyperior, Oblivious Slowbro (unless you have Toxic and they don't have Rest), Whimsicott, and various B/C/D ranks.
Notable things it beats: Chansey, Kyurem-Black, Porygon-Z(if no Uproar), Deoxys-Defense, Garchomp, Greninja, Porygon2, Togekiss, and various B/C/D ranks.
Maby if he does some calcs he can prove that specs can do good damage we can consiter putting it to use in D rank

Landorus for A Rank

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Substitute/Knock Off/HP Ice

I feel Landorus should be A rank, mostly because it beats both Charizards (something that most mons cant do). If running sub, sub up first turn vs zard and see what kind of zard it is (and then ohko it). If not running sub, you must assume via your opponent's team what zard they have (zardx+kyub isnt as common as zardy+kyub etc.)

80 EVs allow Landorus to two shot 4/252+ Chansey: 80 Atk Life Orb Landorus Hammer Arm vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 322-380 (50.1 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO --- however since most run 248/252+ knock off is an option to get rid of eviolite

80 Atk Life Orb Landorus Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 325-385 (104.5 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

HP Ice can notch KO on chomp, but not much else.

Landorus's greatest niche is the fact that it beats many band/specs as speedy Sub is great, and it beats both zards.

Keldeo for B Rank

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]/Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Bug]

I dont understand why something that could beat both zards (if u run specs), kyurem, gyarados, mawile, chansey, pz (specs anihlates S rank aside from scarf kyuremblack). It's speed tier is great, its not really outclassed by anything (imo). I think thats it speed + power makes it viable for B rank and even possibly A rank (thats pushing it but still...)

Is there a reason why Weavile isn't on here? Even though its not that great, its probably better than regular sableye and weezing right? Weavile --> D/C Rank

Breloom is on here either? It's a great stallbreaker that punishes anything slower than it. Breloom --> C/B Rank

Thundurus isn't here either lol. Both Thundy-T and I should be ranked, Thundy-T is good power that can OHKO alot with specs (somewhat outclassed by Porygon-Z though) Thundy-T --> C Rank; Thundy-I has wallbreaking potential in nasty plot sub, again sub is a great move vs hyper beam, and electric is a great stab. Thundy-I --> C/B Rank

That's about all I have to say, in summary this is what I think should be changed (I know not much evidence is here, I will get it later).
Landorus-I --> A Rank
Keldeo --> B Rank
Weavile --> D/C Rank (it can start at D)
Breloom --> C/B Rank (better at B imo)
Thundurus-T --> C Rank
Thundurus-I --> C/B Rank (not sure, C seems low but B seems high/I'd go with B though)

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Landorus-I --> A Rank
Keldeo --> B Rank
Weavile --> D/C Rank (it can start at D)
Breloom --> C/B Rank (better at B imo)
Thundurus-T --> C Rank
Thundurus-I --> C/B Rank (not sure, C seems low but B seems high/I'd go with B though)
Landorus-I is just too niched to be A rank, sure it beats a fair number of things, but a lot more beat it in return. All A-ranks are Pokemon with generalized roles that allow them to be capable of taking on Pokemon of all categories, regardless of type coverage.
Keldeo suffers a similar, although its case is even worse in that it outright needs Modest to be able to guaranteed OHKO most of the things it needs to.
Weavile on the other hand, I wholeheartedly agree deserves at least D rank; Fake Out + Giga Impact or whatever takes on a lot of things.
Breloom I also agree with being ranked, but at D instead of C/B, since it still loses to a ton of things and relies on sleep hax a lot more than it should need to.
Thundurus-T is also pretty fair, I'd say C/B rank is pretty agreeable with it.
Thundurus-I on the other hand, has little it can do that Thundurus-T doesn't do better.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 306-361 (103 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (77.8 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Electric vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 392-464 (118.4 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 280-330 (92.4 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 558-656 (179.4 - 210.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 344-408 (115.8 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 300-354 (66.2 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pick your poison, Kyurem-Black beats Keldeo (practically every variant) and HP Rock/HP Electric can be used to beat zardy/megados. However based on these calcs I think Keldeo should defintely raise to B.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 306-361 (103 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (77.8 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Electric vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 392-464 (118.4 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 280-330 (92.4 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 558-656 (179.4 - 210.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 344-408 (115.8 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 300-354 (66.2 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pick your poison, Kyurem-Black beats Keldeo (practically every variant) and HP Rock/HP Electric can be used to beat zardy/megados. However based on these calcs I think Keldeo should defintely raise to B.
Almost all of your calcs are circumstantial because there are popular sets to most of these Pokémon that beat Specs TimidKeldeo.

Timid Choice Specs Keldeo has a 6.3% chance to OHKO Max HP/Def Zard X what is pretty popular amongst players because of it's effectiveness with the move Counter, after a DD 0 Atk Zard X OHKO's Keldeo with Outrage.

Most people that I've encountered on the ladder run Bulk on Gyarados, some people carry Bounce (what will OHKO Keldeo after a DD). Once you've revealed HP Electric it becomes a 50/50 to beat Bulky Gyarados that doesn't have Bounce because Bulky M-Gyarados can take 2 HP Electrics and then OHKO Keldeo with a +2 Outrage.

Scarf Porygon-Z (most popular set) will OHKO Keldeo with Hyper Beam before it gets the chance to Secret Sword.

Max +Def Kyurem-B runs Weakness Policy what will allow it to OHKO Keldeo with Fusion Bolt. Max +Atk Scarf Kyurem-B has a 87.5% chance to OHKO Keldeo.

All of these sets are popular. I ladder 1v1 quite a lot and I've not only encountered every single one of these sets, most of these are my preferred sets.

You also obviously can't have both HP Rock and Electric and scouting for Zards will be frustrating.

As I've just demonstrated, 4/7 of S rank have a popular set that beat Specs Timid Keldeo. Here's all of the A & B rank it loses to:

A: Deoxys-D, Dragonite (Weakness Policy, most popular I believe), M-Gardevoir, Greninja, Meloetta, M-Metagross, Togekiss, Whimsicott, M-Slowbro (It loses if it's not CM and the Keldeo has HP Electric)

B: M-Aggron, M-Altaria, M-Ampharos, Archeops, M-Diancie, Genesect (if Keldeo has extra 4 EV's in Defence), Heracross, Jirachi, Scarf Landorus, M-Lopunny, Magnezone, M-Sableye, Sylveon, Venusaur, Scarf Victini

I'm probably missing a few.

I honestly don't see Keldeo on the same level as I see Heatran, M-Altaria, M-Aggron, M-Venusaur, etc.

If I've made any mistakes let me know.

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Alright, so volcanion has been released for awhile now, and it's about time it finds its place in the 1v1 viability rankings. I want to mention that readers should look at what volcanion does for the team as a whole when thinking about the rank, and not just what it does as an individual as weird as that sounds in 1v1.

I'm putting the set I use below if you want to check it out.
Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

16 speed ev's to creep other volcanions. steam eruption and overheat are powerful stabs, and earth power/sludge wave for solid coverage.

My favorite part of volcanion is that it fits well within a team. I used a stall based team with volcanion as the battering ram to finish off mons my other two couldn't stall out. It has powerful stabs, and you can throw on pretty much any coverage to help your team. This ability to fill any void your team has is amazing. I've been using my team to reach 1600 on the ladder with ease, and volcanion has been putting in a lot of work on the ladder.

Things it beats: porygon z, mawile, gyara, gardevoir, metagross, pinsir, togekiss, whimsicott, and greninja

things it loses to: chansey, garchomp, dragonite, and aggron

I only listed off main threats I could think of, but there are more. Also charizard is pretty much always a 50/50 based on the set you're up against.

Honestly I don't know enough about volcanion to give it a confident ranking, but I would have to say an A ranking fits it, but I could see it falling to B after people have had more time to figure it out.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Alright, so volcanion has been released for awhile now, and it's about time it finds its place in the 1v1 viability rankings. I want to mention that readers should look at what volcanion does for the team as a whole when thinking about the rank, and not just what it does as an individual as weird as that sounds in 1v1.

I'm putting the set I use below if you want to check it out.
Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

16 speed ev's to creep other volcanions. steam eruption and overheat are powerful stabs, and earth power/sludge wave for solid coverage.

My favorite part of volcanion is that it fits well within a team. I used a stall based team with volcanion as the battering ram to finish off mons my other two couldn't stall out. It has powerful stabs, and you can throw on pretty much any coverage to help your team. This ability to fill any void your team has is amazing. I've been using my team to reach 1600 on the ladder with ease, and volcanion has been putting in a lot of work on the ladder.

Things it beats: porygon z, mawile, gyara, gardevoir, metagross, pinsir, togekiss, whimsicott, and greninja

things it loses to: chansey, garchomp, dragonite, and aggron

I only listed off main threats I could think of, but there are more. Also charizard is pretty much always a 50/50 based on the set you're up against.

Honestly I don't know enough about volcanion to give it a confident ranking, but I would have to say an A ranking fits it, but I could see it falling to B after people have had more time to figure it out.
252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 368-434 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Volcanion beats Porygon-Z? >.>
And how does it beat Gyarados without 50/50ing between Focus Blast/HP Electric?
It also only beats Gardevoir with no bulk investment whatsoever, which isn't even a guaranteed OHKO, meanwhile Gardevoir has a very likely/guaranteed 2HKO vs Volcanion

Also, I think Banded Volcanion is also worth the merit that nobody is giving it, it tackles most of the threats that Specs Volcanion does, while also being able to take on both Charizards rather than just X, as well as only being blocked off by Disable/Physically bulky Gardevoir.

It lacks the Water coverage that Specs Volcanion has, and also loses to Aegislash, but it is definitely a noteworthy set to consider when you need it.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Gross Sweep I've been using the same set, except with a couple more speed evs (gotta speed creep the speed creep l o l) and usually HP Ice over Sludge Wave. HP Ice lets it get the OHKO on things like Garchomp (scarf doesnt kill) and possible beat Dnite, but then you lose to Whimsicott.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
on porygon z I'm not sure what I was thinking, every porygon I've faced (which is like 5) has used tbolt, so I was just assuming it was the move of choice against volcanion - that's my bad.

252 Atk Gyarados Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 73-86 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 170-201 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I've found that sludge wave usually handles gyara, and it should be noted that steam eruption also has a role to 2hko it's just in gyara's favor. Also gyara with earthquake does win, so I guess it should be considered more of a 50/50. Also the calcs are on an offensive gyara, I'll list defensive below.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Gyarados: 134-158 (34 - 40.2%) -- 40.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Gyarados Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 60-71 (16.4 - 19.5%) -- possible 6HKO (I just used the defensive gyara in the calcs if you're wondering why I used the ev's gyara has)

And finally gardevoir
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 193-228 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I haven't had the time to test band, but it sounds interesting. Also like I said before the Pokémon is so new I haven't fully tested it, so the ranking was going to be a bit off.

bp scrub

+1 252+ Atk Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 210-247 (57.6 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 136-161 (41 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Gyarados DDances, and then Volcanion 3hkos while Gyarados 2hkos with Waterfall.

+1 252+ Atk Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 210-247 (57.6 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 136-161 (41 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Gyarados DDances, and then Volcanion 3hkos while Gyarados 2hkos with Waterfall.
inb4 "but water absorb!!!"

bp scrub

it has mold breaker. Also when considering that sludge wave only does 41-48% you have to remember it has its pre mega stats turn one so it will do 51-60%. so if you get a max and min role or just 2 middle of the road roles you're 2hkoing gyara potentially.
If it mega evolves, it gets the mega evolution's stats

lost heros

Meme Master
Mega-Sableye B- -> A-

Mega-sableye is an excellent stall pokemon in the 1v1 meta, and I've reliably used it to ladder very high. It's prankster ability carries over on the turn it mega-evolves allows it to use priority will-o-wisp and calm mind. Magic bounce also allows it to deflect status on the same turn, making it hard to beat.​
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Snarl
- Recover

Moves:

Will-o-wisp and Calm mind allow for turn 1 priority moves that can weaken offensive pokemon, physically and specially. Most pokemon usually don't do more than 50% damage afterwards.

Recover is a staple in any m-sableye set allowing it to heal itself enough, while either the opponent is killed by burn or until m-sableye has enough health to attack again.

Snarl is used to further lower special attackers, even those protected by substitutes.

Set details:

This set maximizes, sp. def over defense mostly because calm mind is not as powerful as will-o-wisp.

Other options:

Some other options for Mega-Sableye that are used are foul play or counter if your m-sableye is more physically defensive. Taunt can be utilized as well to prevent other walls from recovering or subing outright. Metal burst is also an option for m-sableye to deal damage back out. Toxic is another way of dealing damage to the opponent.

Most special attackers: Porygon-Z, Greninja, Charizard-Y. Most other walls: Chansey. Many Physical Attacjers: Scarf-Kyurem-B, Dragonite.

Offensive fairy type pokemon: M-mawile, M-gardevoir. Physical Fire type pokemon: Charizard X, Entei.Scrappy pokemon: M-lopunny.
Conclusion:

Mega-Sableye is an outstanding stall pokemon that can handle both physically and specially offensive pokemon. It's typing only leaves one weakness. It's normal and mega abilities can both be used in one turn and both are amazing abilities to utilize.

Last edited:
Mega-Sableye B- -> A-

Mega-sableye is an excellent stall pokemon in the 1v1 meta, and I've reliably used it to ladder very high. It's prankster ability carries over on the turn it mega-evolves allows it to use priority will-o-wisp and calm mind. Magic bounce also allows it to deflect status on the same turn, making it hard to beat.​
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Snarl
- Recover

Moves:

Will-o-wisp and Calm mind allow for turn 1 priority moves that can weaken offensive pokemon, physically and specially. Most pokemon usually don't do more than 50% damage afterwards.

Recover is a staple in any m-sableye set allowing it to heal itself enough, while either the opponent is killed by burn or until m-sableye has enough health to attack again.

Snarl is used to further lower special attackers, even those protected by substitutes.

Set details:

This set maximizes, sp. def over defense mostly because calm mind is not as powerful as will-o-wisp.

Other options:

Some other options for Mega-Sableye that are used are foul play or counter if your m-sableye is more physically defensive. Taunt can be utilized as well to prevent other walls from recovering or subing outright. Metal burst is also an option for m-sableye to deal damage back out. Toxic is another way of dealing damage to the opponent.

Most special attackers: Porygon-Z, Greninja, Charizard-Y. Most other walls: Chansey, M-Slowbro. Many Physical Attacjers: Scarf-Kyurem-B, Dragonite.

Offensive fairy type pokemon: M-mawile, M-gardevoir. Physical Fire type pokemon: Charizard X, Entei.Scrappy pokemon: M-lopunny.
Conclusion:

Mega-Sableye is an outstanding stall pokemon that can handle both physically and specially offensive pokemon. It's typing only leaves one weakness. It's normal and mega abilities can both be used in one turn and both are amazing abilities to utilize.
Just a small side note that Slowbro-Mega actually beats Sableye-Mega, due its ability to Calm Mind or Amnesia alongside it, and inability to be hit with a critical hit. In addition, Slowbro-Mega is also much faster, so it can hit hard and recover faster than Sable. The end result of the matchup usually ends with either Slowbro-Mega critting its foe with Scald, or getting burn and rest/slack off stalling it out of Recovers.

lost heros

Meme Master
Just a small side note that Slowbro-Mega actually beats Sableye-Mega, due its ability to Calm Mind or Amnesia alongside it, and inability to be hit with a critical hit. In addition, Slowbro-Mega is also much faster, so it can hit hard and recover faster than Sable. The end result of the matchup usually ends with either Slowbro-Mega critting its foe with Scald, or getting burn and rest/slack off stalling it out of Recovers.
Mega-Slowbro can't really do much to mega-sableye. A face on attack is "0 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Sableye: 72-85 (23.6 - 27.9%) -- 87.4% chance to 4HKO" meaning a critical hit won't ohko, and probably won't do enough damage for a regular attack after all the modifiers from calm mind and snarl to 2OHKO. Meanwhile, Scald has a 30% chance to burn, while Will-o-wisp has an 85% chance, which should mean, that Slowbro is being widdled down first. Anyhow, Mega-sableye won't have to recover nearly as much as Mega-slowbro because mega-slowbro's attacks are getting weakened by Snarl, which also gets buffed by calm mind and has the luxury of being super effective. My experience usually has Mega-Sableye coming out on top of Mega-Slowbro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)